(Topic ID: 20688)

Northeast Ohio repair recommendations?

By Matt1724

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Switches.GIF
    Schematic.GIF

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

I'd be happy to come over and take a look if you'd like, as I've worked on several TZs. My guess is that your power board has a loose connection or componant on the 12 volts that power the optos. They go on and off because they are only intermittantly getting power. For a fellow pinsider, I'll do it for $10 an hour. Or you can bring your power board here, and I'll swap it for one of ours for $50. Give us a call at 216-361-5800, and ask for Lisa.

#14 11 years ago

It isn't a switch problem per-se, it's a power problem. They're all getting inconsistant power, so they're flipping out. It's weird, they're almost acting like they're getting data signals on the power line. If it were a row or column issue, the whole row or column would be stuck on/off. They're not, so it's not an issue with that.

#20 11 years ago

Enjoy! For those who are curious, it was either a bad connection on, or a failed, BR5 or C30. I swapped 'em both out and it's running happily in our TZ. His power board also had a .25" by 1" hole blown out under BR1, although it had nothing to do with the problem....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/northeast-ohio-repair-recommendations?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.