• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Knocker (resized).jpg
Score (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi I have a North Star pinball machine when the score reaches 800 1000 1200 the game will pop and add a game I noticed today no sound no add on game can anyone give me a heads up what’s wrong would be appreciated

#2 5 years ago

Check your knocker as to why no sound, but otherwise behavior is correct.

Score (resized).jpgScore (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

Do you know we’re knocker is located and when you win a game no sound and game doesnt add on game counter as a win

#4 5 years ago

Knocker looks like this and is somewhere in the cabinet, usually back left or front right. So it is not giving a credit when you win?

Knocker (resized).jpgKnocker (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

Can you get a credit and knock if you win any of the specials in the game? If not, it could be that your credit unit thinks it is maxed out. There is a normally closed switch on the credit unit that opens when the credit unit reaches 15 credits. A pin on the rotating gear opens the switch. That prevents any more credits from being awarded and prevents the knock too. The switch has a yellow-green wire on one leaf and an orange-green wire on the other leaf.

Your game might already be at 15 credits, or that switch might be stuck open.

/Mark

#6 5 years ago

Thank you Mark I’ll try it and let you know

#7 5 years ago

Hey mark wow it worked the contacts were opened the only thing now the subtract counter will go down to 1 game will not go to zero then I’m 100 percent thank you for your expertise on this machine

#8 5 years ago

What you fixed is called a limit switch. It keeps the credit unit from over winding (past 15 credits). There's another limit switch, operated by another pin on the same gear, that keeps the credit unit from stepping below zero. It should open when the credit unit is at zero. It could be that yours is opening at 1 credit instead of 0 credits. The switch connects a yellow-red wire to a blue-orange wire.

#9 5 years ago

Great thank you

#10 5 years ago

Hi Mark your 2 for 2 it worked wat I think happen was when I bought the machine I notice there was tape on the peg that’s on the gear which hits contact was comping off why there was tape on the peg I don’t know so I put new tape on peg and must of put it on a extra rap and made contact hit contact to soon leaving game at one game so I removed tape and bingo it worked one thing will not haveing tape on peg be a promblem thank you Anthony

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/north-star-winning-game-not-working- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.