Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just purchased a 64 Gottlieb North Star and when starting a game the Tilt relay stays in. Here is what happens. I hit the start button on the cabinet. The motor turns once and the game goes straight into "TILT" on the back glass. The tilt relay stays pulled in. What should I check. TB (Tilt), SB (Start), XB (Game Over) relays? I did not see a "S" relay only the SB relay. I looked at the pinrepair.com "Start Up sequence" section. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

The score is at zero and the motor doesn't turn because it seems like everything is reset but the game stays in "TILT"

#3 10 years ago

Manually change your score so that every score reel has to reset. Make each reel a different number.

Then try your restart again. This will let you know if the start up sequence ever reaches the score reset portion.

Marcus

#4 10 years ago

Thanks Marcus. I had tried that already. The big noob that I was....I did not check the ball that rolls in the small little tilt mechanism. I figured it was not touching. Sure enought it was rolling down to engage the tilt relay. So yeah things are now SOLVED.

#5 10 years ago

Who would have thought one of the tilt switches was actually tilted.

Glad you figured it out.

There's nothing more frustrating than getting your new game in and it won't work. I experienced that on a HUO MB about ten years ago. I had to take the head off to get it in my basement and missed a connector when I put it back together. Dracula would not come out and I was freaking out. A friend pointed me to the connector and all was well again.

Mike O.

#6 10 years ago

I would of blamed the slam tilt on the coin door. Been there, have the T-Shirt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/north-star-stays-in-tilt-mode-at-startup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.