(Topic ID: 192781)

Normal turn-around time on a NIB machine?

By chippe01

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chippe01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2545.JPG
    IMG_2546 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

I don't know if this the right sub-forum to ask this question, but what is the normal turn-around time when buying NIB?
    I called the dealer I was buying the machine from LAST Monday, to ask how long it would take for the machine to arrive. I explained that I had a limited window when I would be off of work to receive the shipment.
    I was told if I ordered it that Monday, it would arrive that Friday. I explained that I would be off this week, Tuesday to Friday (But Tuesday, today, is a holiday). He said I should wait to order until Wednesday and the machine would arrive either Thursday or Friday of this week. Perfect.
    I ordered Wednesday, for 2 days the order was pending. I called them on Friday to ask why it was pending, hoping there was no issue with my CC. I called Amex and was told there is no problem, and if the charge is sent in it would be accepted. Meanwhile, they put the charge through and order was changed to processing.
    I called back, again explaining my time off, and was assured it would arrive this Friday, the latest. But, the order is STILL in processing. I received a release authorization and copy of my receipt in the mail. On my receipt, it shows ship date as July 5th (Tomorrow), so no way it will get to Brooklyn by Friday! If it is shipped tomorrow, that would mean a 7 day lead time from order placement to shipment.
    Is this normal wait time when ordering NIB?

I waited 3 months before my GOT was ready to ship after payment. I'd say you're doing good. Haha.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

3 months? Was it a pre-order or back-order?

Back order. Delays at stern. If I got my game in a week after payment I'd say that's perfectly fine.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

I wouldn't mind a week. The issue was I told them when I would be home and they suggested I wait to order. Then when I did order they held the order for a week before shipping, and it will not make it here in the timeframe they promised. So now I need to take MORE time off work.

Yeah that stinks. I suggest calling them and see why it didn't make it when hey promised. See if you can work something out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/normal-turn-around-time-on-a-nib-machine?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.