(Topic ID: 192781)

Normal turn-around time on a NIB machine?

By chippe01

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chippe01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2545.JPG
    IMG_2546 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

I don't know if this the right sub-forum to ask this question, but what is the normal turn-around time when buying NIB?

I called the dealer I was buying the machine from LAST Monday, to ask how long it would take for the machine to arrive. I explained that I had a limited window when I would be off of work to receive the shipment.

I was told if I ordered it that Monday, it would arrive that Friday. I explained that I would be off this week, Tuesday to Friday (But Tuesday, today, is a holiday). He said I should wait to order until Wednesday and the machine would arrive either Thursday or Friday of this week. Perfect.

I ordered Wednesday, for 2 days the order was pending. I called them on Friday to ask why it was pending, hoping there was no issue with my CC. I called Amex and was told there is no problem, and if the charge is sent in it would be accepted. Meanwhile, they put the charge through and order was changed to processing.

I called back, again explaining my time off, and was assured it would arrive this Friday, the latest. But, the order is STILL in processing. I received a release authorization and copy of my receipt in the mail. On my receipt, it shows ship date as July 5th (Tomorrow), so no way it will get to Brooklyn by Friday! If it is shipped tomorrow, that would mean a 7 day lead time from order placement to shipment.

Is this normal wait time when ordering NIB?

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

I don't know if this the right sub-forum to ask this question, but what is the normal turn-around time when buying NIB?
    I called the dealer I was buying the machine from LAST Monday, to ask how long it would take for the machine to arrive. I explained that I had a limited window when I would be off of work to receive the shipment.
    I was told if I ordered it that Monday, it would arrive that Friday. I explained that I would be off this week, Tuesday to Friday (But Tuesday, today, is a holiday). He said I should wait to order until Wednesday and the machine would arrive either Thursday or Friday of this week. Perfect.
    I ordered Wednesday, for 2 days the order was pending. I called them on Friday to ask why it was pending, hoping there was no issue with my CC. I called Amex and was told there is no problem, and if the charge is sent in it would be accepted. Meanwhile, they put the charge through and order was changed to processing.
    I called back, again explaining my time off, and was assured it would arrive this Friday, the latest. But, the order is STILL in processing. I received a release authorization and copy of my receipt in the mail. On my receipt, it shows ship date as July 5th (Tomorrow), so no way it will get to Brooklyn by Friday! If it is shipped tomorrow, that would mean a 7 day lead time from order placement to shipment.

I waited 3 months before my GOT was ready to ship after payment. I'd say you're doing good. Haha.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I waited 3 months before my GOT was ready to ship after payment. I'd say you're doing good. Haha.

3 months? Was it a pre-order or back-order?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

3 months? Was it a pre-order or back-order?

Back order. Delays at stern. If I got my game in a week after payment I'd say that's perfectly fine.

#5 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind a week. The issue was I told them when I would be home and they suggested I wait to order. Then when I did order they held the order for a week before shipping, and it will not make it here in the timeframe they promised. So now I need to take MORE time off work.

#6 6 years ago

My AC/DC arrived a couple of days after it was scheduled. In my case, it was a weather delay. It's pretty normal.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

I wouldn't mind a week. The issue was I told them when I would be home and they suggested I wait to order. Then when I did order they held the order for a week before shipping, and it will not make it here in the timeframe they promised. So now I need to take MORE time off work.

Yeah that stinks. I suggest calling them and see why it didn't make it when hey promised. See if you can work something out.

#8 6 years ago

What I just noticed is that they emailed me a receipt, and on the emailed receipt it did show ship date 7/5/17. I wish I had seen that when they sent it.

PismoArcade : I'm not concerned about a shipping delay. My concern is that I was told to wait to order so it would arrive within the timeframe I specified, then they held the order for a week before shipping it. If I knew they would do that, I would have ordered it sooner instead of following his suggestion and waiting to order.

#9 6 years ago

I am truly sorry to hear of your shipping issues.....with a little lightness, maybe one day this is what will happen to fix.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

I waited months for my STLE.
    Pinball is not a hobby where you can buy off the shelf, unfortunately.

#11 6 years ago

Are they shipping something they have in stock or drop shipping it right from stern.

Assuming it's getting drop shipped, I could see it being a week lead time.

#12 6 years ago

I called Cointaker at 1pm on a Friday to inquire about a TWD Pro. Melissa said she had it in stock and I said I'd take one. She told me she would have her delivery driver call me to set up a time to deliver it either later that evening, or over the weekend. Which ever time worked best for me.

I'm sure you can't get that service unless you're close enough, but New York might be in their delivery radius. It might be worth a call to her and see what she has.

#13 6 years ago

I ordered a Met June 16th and it was not in stock. It took the place I ordered from about a week and a half to get it in stock and I am waiting on delivery from the distributor now. I am in a similar situation as I have limited time for delivery. I believe the holiday is a difficult time to deliver around. I am going to call the distributor again today and try to nail down another delivery date. All in all I am fine with however long it takes to get the machine delivered, I just need to know a round about delivery time.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Are they shipping something they have in stock or drop shipping it right from stern.
    Assuming it's getting drop shipped, I could see it being a week lead time.

This makes sense.

#15 6 years ago

Holy Crap, you are now buying NIB machines? You going to move something to the basement or fire escape?
    You are a madman!

#16 6 years ago

Depends on who you buy from and if they have it instock or have to order it ect. We try and stock alot of games so we don't have to wait for drop ship ect. Always just best to ask your dealer, "if I order right now when will my game ship?"

JJ

#17 6 years ago

Sounds like you just need a better dealer.

Hit up Gexchange (JJ) above or Cointaker next time.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

It's definitely normal.

Shit happens.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Depends on who you buy from and if they have it instock or have to order it ect. We try and stock alot of games so we don't have to wait for drop ship ect. Always just best to ask your dealer, "if I order right now when will my game ship?"
    JJ

That is exactly what I did. Monday June 26th I called. I asked "if I order the machine today, when will I get it"? I asked because I had time off from work. I was told that if I ordered that day, 6/26, it would arrive on Friday, 6/30. I explained I had some time off this week, and he said I should wait until Wed 6/28. So I ordered on 6/28.

I got the tracking number today, and STI quotes delivery from 7/21 to 7/24. WTF?? I called the dealer again and asked why so long? I was told they normally use R & L and they would deliver in a few days, but they didn't service my area (NYC ????), so they had to use STI. Normally, STI doesn't take that long, so I'm hoping that date will change.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise because I've had 4 machines delivered by STI, and never had a problem.

#20 6 years ago

Something is weird there for sure.. Using STI for a NIB is very odd. And to NYC? I can see the delay if they had to find a new shipper though.

JJ

#21 6 years ago

Well, I don't know why the estimate was so far out. Pinball Company has been following up with STI for me. They said Pin will be in NJ on Sunday, which is the last dropoff point before it gets to me. The only thing I hate about that, is that you can never reach these people. If you miss the call for scheduled delivery, it's impossible to reach them back to set up delivery, so I gave them my cell # so I won't miss the call. Hopefully it's here Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just checked the tracking, last scan was Beadling PA.

Another question, which I did call the "booker" and left a message, and never got a call back. Anyway, the question: This was contracted for Inside Delivery (White Glove?). I live in an apartment building. There's a ramp from the street to the basement, and the basement leads to the elevator. There are no stairs involved. All I want them to do is bring it to the elevator. Should they do that since there are no stairs involved?

#22 6 years ago

As of 1:41 AM, it's in Joanna PA.

#23 6 years ago

It will be here tomorrow!

#24 6 years ago

Tick - Tock... Well, is it tomorrow yet?

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Tick - Tock... Well, is it tomorrow yet?

Ah-ha he's too busy pacing around the house waiting.

"Did you hear that...did that sound like a truck to you?"

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah-ha he's too busy pacing around the house waiting.
    "Did you hear that...did that sound like a truck to you?"

I was actually busy, staring at my cell phone, waiting for it to ring. It finally did ring at 8:25, guy said he'd be there in about 30 Minutes. But, once I did get the call, I went downstairs and waited, with a hand truck. I watched every damned truck that went by, and he finally showed up.

I had to lug this upstairs, in an elevator. I did get help with getting a push so I could lower the hand truck with the box on it, but after that, I was on my own. The box wouldn't fit in my front door, so I had to open it out in the hallway, remove the extra stuff, including the legs, and then the box just barely fit through the doorway.

I was able to assemble it by myself though. This thing IS loud, not the games sounds, but the mechanics, especially the pop bumpers. It shakes my floor. Maybe when I finally get it on the rug, it will be a little better.

IMG_2546 (resized).JPGIMG_2546 (resized).JPG

IMG_2545.JPGIMG_2545.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/normal-turn-around-time-on-a-nib-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.