(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zoodude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5966 3 years ago

A few of you here may know me, I have a nice Black Knight for sale, got this from Chris Kuntz a few years back, never had an issue with it, he went through the boards, it's 100% make me an offer, I've had a ton of interest but everyone flakes out at the last min. Only selling because I have too many early ss williams.
    Lots of local references if needed.
    Thx

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #5973 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Hahaha. He bought it from a friend of mine that I sold it to. He kept trying to talk him down from the $1800. Then he goes and lists it for $6800 a few days later. Can't make this shit up.

I've seen this guys pins in Chris's shop, Chris does the work then this dude (or his son I guess) claims to have put 100's of hours into his pins and ALWAYS claims HUO. Chris told me the guy has no clue how to work on pins, I wouldn't touch anything this guy is selling with a 10 ft pole.
    B

1 month later
    #6168 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

You could try pinball pirate in Benicia, I dont recall if he sells standard glass but might be worth a call and while your there, play some games.

Chris has a massive stack of brand spankin' new playfield glass I just picked up three sheets a few weeks ago.
    Go see Chris and Genie, wear a mask, play some games, support local business!
    B

1 month later
    #6274 3 years ago

Who needs a project? Pre war? flipperless? oh yeah!! Chix dig these, be the coolest kid on yer block.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102998
    Could clean up nice, good wall hanger backglass/playfield or restore, it's all there.
    $65 measly bucks (obo)
    B

IMG_20200923_140732812 (resized).jpgIMG_20200923_140732812 (resized).jpgIMG_20200923_142808770 (resized).jpgIMG_20200923_142808770 (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #7306 2 years ago

Chris doesn't sell parts, he fixes games and is a stern and jjp dealer. His parts bay is for his repairs, not for sale. Lucky enough to call Chris a friend, but I don't ask him for parts ( unless I'm desperate, then I make him dinner in exchange!)
    B

4 months later
    #7553 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I pulled a bone head manuever and I'm looking for board repair. Specifically for my Williams Comet.
    The back story is that I had a lot of board repair in August 2020 by a reputable pin repair guy. He replaced caps, added nvram, got GI working again etc. At the same time I did a lot of other maintenance/work.the game was playing great. I have the game at my son's house due to space issues. Long story short the solenoid fuse was over amped. Now I have no solenoids except flippers and no scoring when I hit rabbits, ducks etc.
    With gas being what it is I'm looking at $400-500 to have it repaired because my usual pin guy needs the whole machine to diagnose the problem. I'm looking at $200 just in gas, plus the PITA of moving the whole machine. Does anyone know anybody who can bench test and repair boards? In Cali would be ideal but I can ship anywhere.
    Thanks in advance, Erik

You gotta go to the pirate, if your in nor cal and not using Chris, you must be insane. Watched him repair a trashed pinbot board last night he did everything from memory, just amazing to watch him work.
    Truly the best tech in the country, probably the world.
    Why would you go to anyone else?
    B

#7556 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Chris who? Pirate?

Chris Kuntz, pinball pirate, Benicia.
    If you want it done right, go to Chris, there's a reason all those other guys call Chris when they scratch their heads.
    If you're implying that Chris is expensive I guess paying twice is cheap eh? He's a friend, so I'm biased, but I've never seen anyone as competent and honest as Chris.
    B

#7565 1 year ago

I agree that Eric is a good dude too, definitely not bashing Eric in any way. All the GSPF guys are golden in my book.

Quoted from jbovenzi:

Eric is great. Chris is great. Not a bad choice either way.

3 weeks later
    #7590 1 year ago

Anyone else respond to the craigslist ad from Martinez with the " collection Liquidating"? crazy spot, crazy dude, tons of neon, gas pumps, jukes, etc. Has about 20 pins.
    Everything is really overpriced, he wants 2 grand for trashed 60's pins, serious $ for the neon.
    Interesting dude, amazing collection, don't think he wants to actually sell anything tho. Anyone else end up over there
    He wants $100K for this one

IMG_20220703_135657955_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220703_135657955_HDR (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #7636 1 year ago

I buy naptha at Douglas and Sturgess in Richmond, great resource for hard to find products

1 month later
    #7706 1 year ago

Any EM's at Das flipperhause?

10 months later
    #8073 8 months ago

Pesto-
    Go with pinball pirate for your first purchase, Chris is the best tech in the country, a great distributor and has a solid team of people to help out if problems arise.
    Sure you pay a bit more but you will not be disappointed and won't have a machine that is broken or unplayable.
    Drop by the shop and play everything, chat with Chris or Scott or Jeannie, they will take care of you!
    Full disclosure Chris is one of my close friends and I'm there every week, help out at shows etc, so I'm biased.
    B

6 months later
    #8290 53 days ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Almost there fellas!
    [quoted image]

Looking good, anything besides new Stern's? Solid state? EM?
    B

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zoodude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=zoodude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.