Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5269 5 years ago

Selling my long owned and loved BH. Time for something new.

6 months later
    #5545 4 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

If anyone wants an LE walking dead, talk to me. Considering thoughts of parting with my Refinery Edition. Also open to conversation on why it would be a big mistake to do so.

Do a temp trade with a trusted fellow local collector who’s looking for new blood, but equally hesitant to part permanently with an equally regarded treasure.

1 month later
    #5605 4 years ago

Anybody in the Sacramento area with a Tales From the Crypt or Mary Shelly's Frankenstein? Thinking about new pins down the road and have not played these before, or at least not that I remember, and would like to give them a shot. So, if anyone is aware of either on location in Sacramento, or wouldn't mind some company, I'd appreciate it.

3 months later
    #5742 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Good morning and happy new year nor cal folks.
    I started to vote in the twipy’s this morning.
    They omitted the spinner is lit pinball podcast from the podcast category.
    The completely ignored the entire west coast for best location and omitted the Golden State pinball festival and pin a go go for best show.
    I wrote a very polite and respectful email to Zach at twip.
    I strongly suggest all you nor cal folks do the same.
    The west coast has been completely ignored and this simply is not ok.

Will do. Good catch. Thanks
    Happy New Year

#5747 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Another one for sale! Hopefully last one.
    Phantom of the Opera - Incredible shape. Unobtainable NOS playfield installed! cabinet in great shape, backglass perfect w/unscratched mask, lots of new parts, LEDs, Sparky TV mod showing phantom movie, Cliffys, new glass, $3000 FIRM

That’s kind of a sacrifice. Such a great looking and sounding game. Always regret selling mine, and yours sounds awesome. I’ve sent this on to my Brother-in-law, who wants one. Just has to convince his wife of the wisdom of such a purchase.

GLWS!

#5755 4 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

Are there any pinball parts retailers in Nor Cal or NV that do over the counter sales? I thought I had read/heard about one but I couldn't fine one by Googling. I'm thinking of purchasing some playfield glass. The glass isn't bad enough that I want to pay to ship the glass but if there was some that I could pick up in person for a good price, I might do so. Thanks,

I just go to a local glass place, and order it there. Just make sure they grind the sides so you don’t get cut. There’s two levels of doing that finish, I just always get the cheaper one and it’s fine. Usually runs about 35 bucks.

1 month later
    #5788 4 years ago

Just curious: did anyone on this thread pick up the minty Secret Service that popped up on Craig’s List yesterday? Was considering it, and bang! Gone! If someone on this thread got it, I’d love to know so I could come over someday to give it a spin and see what I missed out on.

#5790 4 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

It's still up on the FB marketplace. I can put you in touch with the seller if wanted.

I guess bang again. It reappeared on Craig’s List. I’ll just reach out via CL. Thanks!

1 year later
    #6831 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Anyone have status on Pin-A-Go-Go for 2021? I have heard rumors but nothing confirmed.

We have not officially launched, but I think it will happen the 8th - 10th of October.

#6842 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I was thinking about if there is any interest to have a Flash Mob Swap Meet somewhere in the Bay Area? I chatted with Cheddar about it to float the idea.
    It would have to be a park or some lot without a permit needed so we wouldn't have the usual "you can't make money/dump stuff/liability" jazz. Outside with plenty of circulating air and masks to help everyone.
    I know that I have accumulated a bunch of parts during the Pandemic that I would like to get rid of. Making some dough to fund other projects is nice as well.

What a great idea. I know the car folks just get permission from local businesses and have them in parking lots. I don’t think they require any kind of permits.
    Any thoughts about a midway point between the Bay Area and the Sacramento area? That was the thinking when we picked Dixon for PAGG.
    Regardless of where, a really good idea.

1 year later
    #7628 1 year ago

Is Naptha banned in Ca? If so, what’s a good substitute for cleaning and prepping?

#7631 1 year ago

Glad to hear that it’s available. Ace told me it is “restricted” but didn’t seem to know what it was. The guy at lowes I think just gave up and said they didn’t have it. Sounds like I need to go there rather than phoning and rummage around or find someone my age who actually knows what they have.
    Thanks!

#7640 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback re Naphtha.

1 month later
    #7676 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vernisious:

There is a Halloween in a dive bar called The Running Iron in Modesto. Plays good.

I commute into Modesto daily from Sacramento. What part of Modesto harbors this dive bar?

5 months later
    #7872 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

If you're referring to the GZ premium posted on CL yesterday for $11995, it is from a local seller named John Tennler. His pics always show a game on a laminate wood floor. His phone number is also listed.
    He's a known flipper. You can search for his name in this thread and read about him.

They are talking about a GZ premium that was priced in the mid $7k range.

2 months later
    #7938 11 months ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Nice turnout for the Foo Fighters launch party tournament in Modesto today (Fast Eddie's Meal on a Bun). 20 people. Great location, and all the games are in great shape.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, I live in Sacramento, but commute to Modesto most days. I saw this posting and went to the restaurant today with a couple of buddies for lunch. Played FF, R&M, Godzilla and Fish Tails.
    Wanted to play more, but my buddies are not into pin.
    Your pins were in great shape and set up perfectly. Now I just need to up my quarter collection and score one of those Stanislaus Pinball tee shirts.

2 weeks later
    #7947 11 months ago

Looking to trade (or sell) my loaded and dialed in Houdini for a 007 pro or ???
    See it here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/157613

1 month later
    #8000 9 months ago

Gong to post my top notch fully loaded HUO Houdini when I get back to CA later this week. Lots of extras. Looking to trade for a James Bond 007 PRO. Let me know if you’re interested.

#8002 9 months ago

Gong to post my top notch fully loaded HUO Houdini when I get back to CA later this week. Lots of extras. Looking to trade for a James Bond 007 PRO. Let me know if you’re interested.

Forgot to add that it will also be for sale!

2 weeks later
    #8025 9 months ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

Das Flipperhaus is great! All machines are very well kept, and I love the Stern IC Leaderboard. I've only been a couple times so far since I live in Cool (45 minutes away), but my son and I are planning on going this Sunday.
    I'm hoping to get some more play in on many games I haven't played much and try to put up a high score or two on the ones I have. (Godzilla HS so far! )

Ditto re Das Filpperhaus. Finally went for the first time and was impressed with the lineup and the care taken in maintaining them.

2 weeks later
    #8052 8 months ago
    Quoted from Zee:

I've been meaning to ask what y'all think of Godzilla. Seems like the perfect theme if you are into it, but is it fun? I hope there's one at CAX I can try.

I just picked up a Godzilla pro a few weeks back. I’ve been collecting for about 30 years and have played lots of pins. Godzilla is really an outstanding game. Great flow. Great light show. Great rule set. Really a top notch game from my perspective. Very highly rated and as far as I can see, worthy of its popularity. I happen to like the pro better than the premium, but I suspect I am in the minority on that point.

1 week later
    #8093 8 months ago

1 month later
    #8126 6 months ago

Been to meal on a bun in Modesto (I work in Modesto) many times. Indeed these machines are always in great shape and play well.

#8133 6 months ago
    Quoted from cflake:

Well Pin-a-go-go is in a couple of days, and GSPF is six months away, so you have plenty of time to earn more tokens

Quoted from bwalter:

Has anyone here been to both Pin-a-go-go and Golden State in the same year? How do they compare in terms of size? I could go but I'd have to cash in a ditch-the-family token, and I only have a few of those to spare.

Well, I’m biased, but PAGG is a very long running and social show. Lots of pins and lots of folks hanging around talking about pins. Golden State is, well, basically the same thing. Just South.
    The best strategy is to go with someone. That somehow seems to trump the missing for a day or two malady. No way being in Sacramento can you not go to both.

3 months later
    #8241 79 days ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Hey Everyone,
    My friends and I have finally decided to do it. Open a pinball arcade/shop dedicated to everything and anything pinball related. We have been super busy trying to get everything ready for next month’s grand opening (March, 2024)! We hope everyone can stop by and show some support. There are a ton of things in the works and we are hoping to get feedback on ideas, improvements and of course pinball talk. Below is a picture of our new shop located in San Jose, CA.
    [quoted image]

That's a really awesome space! I will have to make it to SJ to check it out. Best of luck!

2 weeks later
    #8272 62 days ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Only a few more games to go! Jaws made it to the show as well.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice to see Houdini in the lineup. I had one for years. Really a fun game. Looking forward to a visit!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=zahner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.