(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usulnet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3584 8 years ago

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here the past couple of months but finally figured I'd introduce myself. I just moved from Livermore to Oakdale and finally have a home big enough to accommodate a pin. I haven't played much since I was a teen but I've always wanted to get a machine as I remember a lot of fun times playing machines around the T2 era. Anyhow I'm a big tinkerer and my research has revealed this is a very tinker friendly hobby. Does anyone know if it'd be possible to pick up a fun pin in good working order but common enough to get parts for easily enough if I decide to do any upgrades/repairs to it later for between about 1k/2k and if so what pins should I look for? The wife is my biggest obstacle as she has never played pins before and thinks I'm being stupid. My hope is she'll like it enough to allow me indulge my interests in the future

Anyhow the board looks to be an invaluable resource and I look forward to being here.

Thanks,
    Stephan

#3603 8 years ago

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. I'll probably take you guys up on a visit to check out some pins once we get settled, I'm looking forward to sampling some machines and getting into it. I've been watching craigslist and the pinside market and I'll check the official California pin trade thread as someone suggested. I'll definitely look for input from the group before making a decision on one that grabs my interest.

#3612 8 years ago

Is the pricing information on pinside fairly accurate? So far most of the pins I've been seeing are higher, not sure if that's people leaving haggling room or if the numbers here are off. I saw this Stargate which I haven't actually played before but it seems to have good reviews and I am a fan of the film/tv show:

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#3649 8 years ago

Hi folks,

I had a member reach out to me via pm and sold me a clean Stargate for a lot less than I saw on craigslist. He was a very pleasant gentleman like most pinsiders seem to be and allowed me to preview his pins and discussed restorations/repairs a bit with me. Anyhow I have pin number 1 under my belt now and am looking forward to enjoying many hours with it. Thanks so much for the advice and patience with a newbie and I hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year.

Regards,
    Stephan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usulnet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=usulnet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.