(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tronguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#548 10 years ago

Mrgone, are you a sac guy now? I always thiught I remember your location being Chico.

2 months later
    #943 10 years ago

Not sure if anyone here is interested but I have a godzilla ( in pretty fine shape) .

carry on

#945 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Nice price Dylan..Someone should snap up that bad boy

eh, time will tell.....

I just got my kozmik krooz'r
    picked up a popeye tonight (video game)
    and hope to make room for high speed or some other lower priced pin

what did you pick up recently? ironman?

#948 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

tron guy is a good seller and a good pinsider. buy with confidence.

thanks bud, the godzilla appears to be sold. I have a guy driving 7 hours each way tomorrow morning at 1am to arrive at my house by 8am, lol. (really wants a godzilla I guess)

2 weeks later
    #1105 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

There was a dude on KLOV selling one from Tracy

slackmoe from klov-that pin is long gone

#1137 10 years ago

The Elvira pin was up about 3 weeks ago for $5k
    I sent a response asking if they were flexible since the last 6 went on ebay for an average of $2500.

fast forward to today and I finally get a response asking if I'm still interested.

I say maybe, depends on condition. "well it's a little rough here and there, but nobody who plays it complains"

I ask cash only, trade, partial trade?

"Cash only"

What's the price?

"We want $3000, but $2500 is the lowest we will go"

I say well you may be able to get $2500 on ebay or CL.

"so you aren't interested?"

I say, it depends on condition. These things just about never work out.
    The seller looks on ebay and sees a restored game going for $4400. When I look next year that same game will be sitting there for $4400. In these situations the seller things their beat up game is worth $5000 and the collector KNOWS it's worth $1600.

No response, CL ad posted today.
    I planted the seed, maybe they will budge now?

#1139 10 years ago

Yeah I emailed him minutes after the ad went up. No response.
    I didn't even offer pricing or try to low ball him.

I sent him a link to exidys price guide for guidance on the video games.
    Told him to google it if he didn't want to click on a link. Offered a pin price guide if he wanted it as well.

#1176 10 years ago

Hey so I have my star trek pro (which I am loving), I have installed the mezel vengance mod, and changed a couple of opto boards and a light board.

I am sitting here on all of the cliffy's, the plastic protectors, and a klingon ship (hallmark ornament) that all need to be installed. It just looks like a major pain in the a$$.

Anyone want to make a few bucks, play some pinball, and vids and I buy lunch as well to help me install all of this shit?

Or should I quit being a bitch and just start tearing everything apart and get it installed for the experience of it?

#1198 10 years ago

Huge thanks to Izzy for spending all morning helping me intstall the cliffy's and protective plastics on my new star trek.

Right after he left the shaker motor arrived, so I am going to try to get that going tonight!

#1220 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Dylan if you need help on the shaker I will be free on Friday. I installed one on my IM so its still fresh in my head, sorry I couldn't make it out today.Digging the 2014 PAGG poster. Hope they make a blue shirt with a front logo this year

Thanks Dan, I installed it last night.

4 months later
    #1708 9 years ago

Did you guys see the williams indiana jones on sacramento craigslist? What would value it at (roughly) based on picture and description?

#1710 9 years ago

James has had several deals eith buddies of mine here in Sac. He typically delivers the game here. I only know of him having 2 or 3 pins over the years. 10+ vids at any given time.

Is it a 5k game generally?

#1716 9 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

I'm in the market for a TZ, TAF or PoTC if anyone has one for sale. I'm in San Jose.

What am I missing with potc? I played it on location for about 30 minutes and vowed never to play the game again.

#1718 9 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

Good toys, fairly deep rules, lots of family appeal.

All right, I will definitely play it some more given the opportunity.

#1724 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

We need a CAX thread.

I know you are aware of this sosage, but we start the CAX thread 3-4 months before the event. Yeah let's get it going here. i will be there.

4 months later
    #1971 9 years ago

Hey I am looking for a six million dollar man pin if someone local has one they care to sell.

2 weeks later
    #2039 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I am surprised that there hasn't been any "Let's go Giants" chants on the thread. I was lucky enough to be at a home and home golf competition against the Olympic Club and the night of Game 7 we were at the St Francis Yacht Club for dinner watching the game. We refused to go to the private dining room and leave the TV in the bar until they had a TV in the dining room. They caught on quickly. We watched Mad Bum's exceptional performance to close the series out. We later went on the the Marina Lounge, where the craziness began. It was a good night. The golf the next day was another story. Oh well.

Olympic is awesome but it can eat your lunch. I've played it a few times and I think my best is 76. We have a few of our members at Serrano who are members at Olympic as well.

2 weeks later
    #2134 9 years ago

Hey guys, a guy I know in south lake tahoe has a dracula pin with issues he'd like someone to come fix.

He's willing to pay a fair price for sure, and he's a good dude that doesn't work on these at all. Let me know if you can do it..

Apparently he's documented the issues in case it helps. He's got cash so it could be worth your time.

#2136 9 years ago

maybe it's a frankenstein pin, not dracula. I can't remember for sure. In any event, if someone in or near south lake can help, let me know. I will get you his info.

Quoted from TronGuy:Hey guys, a guy I know in south lake tahoe has a dracula pin with issues he'd like someone to come fix.
    He's willing to pay a fair price for sure, and he's a good dude that doesn't work on these at all. Let me know if you can do it..
    Apparently he's documented the issues in case it helps. He's got cash so it could be worth your time.

#2166 9 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

maybe it's a Frankenstein pin, not dracula. I can't remember for sure. In any event, if someone in or near south lake can help, let me know. I will get you his info.

Yes Mary Shellys Frankenstein-needing repair/general maintenance in South Lake Tahoe area. Let me know if you can help.

1 week later
    #2262 9 years ago

Stopped and played TWD at fanny anns-sorry Adam

#2264 9 years ago

No it's still up. I did not get grand champion, but i got 1st. 58 million or so.

1 week later
    #2308 9 years ago

Just got a rollergames and I want to put some leds in it. Is there a place in california you guys would recommend to buy from?

#2310 9 years ago

Thanks mof, if you suggest someone else that you always use, I am listening. I suppose anyone can ship priority mail.

1 week later
    #2364 9 years ago

I have a HS2(formerly jabbles and xscrapiron, sorry for any misspellings guys) for trade. Diamond plate playfield (maybe all HS2's were?)

I believe it has leds throughout, it has cliffys ( and mountain mod?). I just put leg protectors on it and new pinballs. Cab has some damage from the legs,but it is covered by the leg/cab protectors. I had never played this game but love original HS and heard this was better. It 's the nostalgia of hs that I like so this one is available.

Looking for:
    Rocky and bulwinkle or High Speed cash considerations negotiated. I am not looking to trade up at this point. (Low on cash, that's why I traded down to this. Momma needed a new van). I can take pics.

#2366 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Hmm...might be willing to trade for my hs....let me think on this.

Dude, I am on vacation time for a week. Swing by and play any day.

1 week later
    #2406 9 years ago

Jehuie is a real good guy.

1 week later
    #2433 9 years ago

Bigdan is a cool cat. I just met him a few weeks ago. I traded for this hs2, played it for a few weeks(zero issues), didn't like it because it wasn't high speed and sold it to him.

Curious, i have not worked on a bunch of pins but certainly hundreds of arcade games. I've never had a fuse test any different in or out of the holder.

#2436 9 years ago

Now that you guys mention it, it probably is the pot or the level it is adjusted to. When I turned it up all the way (when Dan was over), it cut out a little or acted like it needed a better speaker. Hopefully a quick adjustment to the pot does it for him.

#2488 9 years ago

You guys see the X files listedon CL? fair deal huh?

1 week later
    #2534 9 years ago

I vote junkyard. (I have rollergames). Count me in for a meet-up at FA's.

1 month later
    #2753 9 years ago

Not sure if anyone is interested in helping (for a fee).

My old work-Haggin Oaks golf shop on fulton and auburn blvd in sacramento, has a 6 million dollar man pin. Apparently it turns on but won't kick out a ball or play.

I'm guessing some type of fuse, but that leads me to the question, why did the fuse blow?

If no one else is interested I will go check it out. I am good at fixing almost anything in an arcade game, but have less experience with pins.

4 months later
    #3099 8 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

More pinball league is happening tomorrow at Fanny Ann's Saloon! Come on out and get some good food and have a good time playing pinball with us. Sign ups start at 6:00 and play begins around 6:30-7:00. The $5 league fee includes the coin drop for the four games of league play.

Hey I may try to come out. Can I invite a friend to come play at this event?

Dylan

2 months later
    #3416 8 years ago

I am thinking of moving my roller games, I akso have the video game Mortal Kombat II for sale.
    I have not taken pictures of the RG yet. Search sac CL if you want pics of the mkii. $725 pinside price for mkii, $1325 for roller games? RG works 100%, all leds except the flashers which I just didnt look hard enough for. No shipping on anything at this point. I want the buyer to look at and play the games.

1 month later
    #3500 8 years ago

I still have my roller games (I can email pics) in Sac if anyone is interested. $1250

#3502 8 years ago

I've been at CCPL-west

Someplace you clowns never go to anymore eh?

I am going to try to make your fundraiser later in the month.

11 months later
    #4211 7 years ago

I have a buddy looking for a No good gophers here in the Sacramento area. It Will be his first pin, so the less of a project or needing work the better.

2 years later
    #5471 4 years ago

I have a Golden Tee 2019 for sale/trade. $2500 obo/trade towards a pin, +/- cash.

Pm me your email and
    I can send several pictures.

#5473 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Very fun game. Replaced my super chexx with one. Everyone enjoys it.

I play it every day. Even though I am 1-112-1 against John Daly. (And I average 28 under).

#5474 4 years ago

The owner of a golf course I used to work for just contacted me. He is looking for a Tee’d off in Sacramento.

Condition is not going to be the most important thing. Fully functional is the key. They have no idea how to work on these and I don’t want to get roped in to much more than a routine cleaning.

Pm me if you have one to sell and can get it to their golf shop in Sac. I will connect you.

11 months later
    #5900 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

CalExtreme is done for this year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

This is your opinion?

Their website does NOT indicate that it is off for this year.

#5904 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I do not wish to spread mis-information as the site states that hotel reservations and tickets are on hold for now. So more correctly, like everything else, CAX is on Pause. The committment from Santa Clara County to have the show proceed is what we are lacking now. As of 5/22, the show would not be allowed to take place.

Well I’m glad the show wasn’t set to take place 5 days ago. I talk to some of the shows organizers daily. I do not seem to get the same info you are claiming to have.

#5906 3 years ago

I just don’t know wtf you are talking about. Check the website if you want accurate updates.

#5908 3 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I have a pinball Refinery Metallica Pro forsale. I am the original owner, its perfect in everyway. It has more mods than Carter takes pills! Asking $6500 cash. Pm for pics and mod list.
    Harley D.

Cash sale only, or trade/partial trade?

#5914 3 years ago

That is terrible news.
    Whassup Justin (Dylan here from league)

I'm sorry bud.

4 weeks later
    #5945 3 years ago

I have a buddy in lake tahoe looking for a pin. He isn't real particular. I would hope that if someone responds they have a nicely working pin and can deliver it for him. I am sure he is willing to pay the high end of the going rate. He doesn't know pricing, so he would rely on me for an opinion. He is looking for something late 80's to now I suppose. Some thing with a multiball. I could only guess that $3000 ish is where we should focus. I'm sure he'd pay more for a nicely running machine. A routed machine would be fine, because he isn't a collector. I would just hope that the seller could make sure it's working perfectly.

#5953 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

not mine but plenty of choices out there.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    sacramento.craigslist.org link
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

I guess some of those guys 'may' consider delivering to Tahoe. Which is kind of the MOST important part.

3 months later
    #6301 3 years ago
    Quoted from wendyb:

I am in Eureka ca, no fire here but the smoke is heavy and the shy is a dark orengy haze today and I feel so for those who have been affected by these horrible fires..
    I can't even imagine how devastating it would be to have your whole life's collections burned to ash..

Hey a Eureka pinsider...awesome! I am from Humboldt and I go to Eureka at least 2 times a year to visit. Play a little golf, hit Angelos pizza , since they seem to have the best arcade left in Humboldt.

#6304 3 years ago

I have a pretty nice Guns N Roses. I would sell or trade. My trade interest(s) are metallica, maybe stnng, possibly others.

I can get pictures. I haven't yet. (sorry). color dmd, fantastic playfield, cliffys, new titan rubbers, new g ramp, sound system upgrade (I forget which one, pics will tell).

2 months later
    #6436 3 years ago

I am looking to change things up a little. I have 3 of my 4 pins that I'd consider selling /trading. Prices to start negotiation:

guns n roses : $5500

black hole: $2500

bride of pinbot: $4300

I can add a description and photos if anyone is interested.

Added over 3 years ago:

I was going to add some info.
    Guns n Roses is in fantastic shape. Sound upgrade, new G ramp, Colordmd, leds, titan rubbers, cliffys, rottendog board.

bride of pinbot, new playfield swap, new ramps (couple hundred plays ago), new display (I forget which company). titan rubbers, leds, cliffys.

Added over 3 years ago:

this is what my buddy linked to me when he sold me the black hole. PRICE DROP TO $2200

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bFkmxansQ9uHgm5j8 Great shape. Shopped entire game couple years ago but doesn't get a lot of play. Warm LEDS throughout platfield and special LED inserts in Pop bumpers. Did mods such as relay switch to lay ball up softly from lower to upper playfield. Replaced spinning motor. Mod of lower playfield lights to run regular 12v bulbs. Have not rebuilt flippers yet but I have the Pinball Resource kits to do them all. Plays well. Boards are super clean. Previous owner had it for about 20 years or so.

#6438 3 years ago

Yes it is. Data East .

2 weeks later
    #6480 3 years ago

I am looking to "trade up" .

I have a pretty nice The Machine Bride of Pinbot with a playfield swap (new) and new ramps. I also have a nice Black Hole .

I would like to trade these 2 for a metallica, or star trek pro. I believe I have over $6000 worth of pinball here. Certainly anyone that cares to correct me or price police me, go ahead. It doesn't bother me. I prefer to be absolutely transparent. I also love High Speed, Austin Powers, possibly others.

2 weeks later
    #6530 3 years ago

Wanted: Metallica mop le, or road case premium. I would also consider a monsters premium.

Bride of pinbot and/or Black hole for trade, or just cash. (I have a few , more rare arcade titles as well).

2 weeks later
    #6585 3 years ago

Someone come get this Black Hole today!

123416BB-5207-4D1B-871C-8A5BDEDEA8DD (resized).jpeg123416BB-5207-4D1B-871C-8A5BDEDEA8DD (resized).jpeg1EF8A05A-F812-4AF6-A1BF-DE5D6DE64F71 (resized).jpeg1EF8A05A-F812-4AF6-A1BF-DE5D6DE64F71 (resized).jpeg3C128D28-BB45-4AC4-B154-A2F426E9E84A (resized).jpeg3C128D28-BB45-4AC4-B154-A2F426E9E84A (resized).jpeg4C1941B2-62E5-4359-851A-BAB6C09C25B7 (resized).jpeg4C1941B2-62E5-4359-851A-BAB6C09C25B7 (resized).jpeg6442E769-3634-4E5D-ADC0-296AFB76AF80 (resized).jpeg6442E769-3634-4E5D-ADC0-296AFB76AF80 (resized).jpeg6FC3D2B6-937A-419A-B51A-4D2FC5C7EED1 (resized).jpeg6FC3D2B6-937A-419A-B51A-4D2FC5C7EED1 (resized).jpeg71073B3A-9250-491A-AE5A-78930B12855E (resized).jpeg71073B3A-9250-491A-AE5A-78930B12855E (resized).jpeg765567A8-31CB-40FC-8DCB-6FF1D55389EE (resized).jpeg765567A8-31CB-40FC-8DCB-6FF1D55389EE (resized).jpeg7EAC596C-06D8-48BA-BCDA-3AE6AC493DA2 (resized).jpeg7EAC596C-06D8-48BA-BCDA-3AE6AC493DA2 (resized).jpeg82191458-8B5E-4AC3-BB6B-1121364ECB7D (resized).jpeg82191458-8B5E-4AC3-BB6B-1121364ECB7D (resized).jpeg9145F71B-AD4C-455D-A945-C075BCC1B453 (resized).jpeg9145F71B-AD4C-455D-A945-C075BCC1B453 (resized).jpegA2E7BA29-3B20-4E20-B8B9-B10502FECE9E (resized).jpegA2E7BA29-3B20-4E20-B8B9-B10502FECE9E (resized).jpegAE70F843-D6D2-42D0-B755-5B14DF6DBE0B (resized).jpegAE70F843-D6D2-42D0-B755-5B14DF6DBE0B (resized).jpegBF1814C6-273B-4E7D-A86E-747795B65CEA (resized).jpegBF1814C6-273B-4E7D-A86E-747795B65CEA (resized).jpegE244C0B9-1E58-43CA-88EF-65372B8C45A0 (resized).jpegE244C0B9-1E58-43CA-88EF-65372B8C45A0 (resized).jpeg
    #6590 3 years ago

Sorry....I listed it before, and forgot to add a price this time.

$2300 obo

At $2300, I will include the 5 flipper rebuild kits, pop bumper replacement plastics, and a nos voltrax sc01a speech chip.

Currently the flippers and speech both work perfectly.

#6592 3 years ago
    Quoted from McDoom:

tronguy
    Bro you got a Metallica, Nice !! .

Road case premium. Its in transit as we speak. I already ordered:
    Pinwoofer sound system
    Color dmd
    Cliffys
    Titans

#6624 3 years ago

I’d love to create some space. Black hole, Sac, ca

$1999 if picked up by this saturday.

9 months later
    #7165 2 years ago

I have a friend about to sell her rocky and bulwinkle. Send me a pm if interested. I WILL get pics and a better description soon.

1 month later
    #7199 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Thinking of selling my ACDC premium vault to make room,let me know

What does an AC/DC premium go for these days?

1 month later
    #7293 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

If someone is looking for a Comet, I'm getting ready to put one up for sale. I'll have an ad up once I get some pics, but you can see is it in Phoenix Games in Concord.

How much?

Comet is a cool game

5 months later
    #7583 1 year ago

I am moving and would like to sell a couple of games to lighten my load:

Golden tee 2022 pedestal (upgraded last week, older cab, cut into pedestal) $2900
    The adventures of Rocky and Bulwinkle, pretty nice shape, pin2dmd color, every part was taken off of the playfield to clean it. broken ramp, but held together nicely and protected with cliffys. LED's throughout. $4200 (don't really know the going rate, so obo, higher or lower)

pics can be available

sacramento, ca

3 weeks later
    #7612 1 year ago

I have this ‘armor’ that came off of my batman66 premium . In new condition. I replaced it before I ever played a game on the machine. Side rails and hinges.

$30 picked up in Sac

Obo

Needs to be gone soon.

0DD61427-763F-4677-8FC4-DA95FDAAB593 (resized).jpeg0DD61427-763F-4677-8FC4-DA95FDAAB593 (resized).jpegA1BAFF55-5EF7-449C-9478-924C941A3574 (resized).jpegA1BAFF55-5EF7-449C-9478-924C941A3574 (resized).jpeg
    #7615 1 year ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

I have this ‘armor’ that came off of my batman66 premium . In new condition. I replaced it before I ever played a game on the machine. Side rails and hinges.
    $30 picked up in Sac
    Obo
    Needs to be gone soon.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Gone

4 months later
    #7763 1 year ago

Metallica Road case premium for sale (look in the market for pics and details). I am interested in trades, but that would mean a drive to Eureka. I cant get away.

#7765 1 year ago

Yep, it’s heaven up here.

2 weeks later
    #7793 1 year ago
    Quoted from cindik:

I've been here 4 years. Aide from the COVIS lockdown (which has been everywhere) it's lovely here.

I grew up, in Humboldt. I lived here basically from 1976-2000. Nice to see another local!

1 month later
    #7838 1 year ago
    Quoted from twofastxtreme:

Going to post up my TMNT Pro for anyone intersted has art blades and shaker motor - Asking $6,200.

Great seller, great guy. Are you in Auburn currently?

3 months later
    #7943 11 months ago

You'll never regret keeping that set together, but pieceing it out.........

pretty cool

2 months later
    #8005 9 months ago

Stern NFL for sale. Partially/mostly working. Routed! In rough shape in spots.

Pics available soon. Busy at work this week.

$3900

5 months later
    #8204 3 months ago

Hi everyone, I have a 100% functional display that I just pulled from my Stern NFL. I will get more pictures later, if anyone is interested.

It is just the dmd display that is for sale. I truly have no idea where to price it, so I would appreciate any input. Here are a couple of pics of it working.

20231220_193223 (resized).jpg20231220_193223 (resized).jpg20231220_193225 (resized).jpg20231220_193225 (resized).jpg
    #8206 3 months ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Wait a minute - are you THE Tron guy?

No

hahahahha

#8209 3 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,trying to sell a "Dolphins" Trans.in 49r territory??

I thought about putting a 9ers translite on it, and then beating the machine to rubble with a sledge hammer.

Dolphins translite NOT for sale. Just the DMD.

#8210 3 months ago

Couple more pics

20231221_193729 (resized).jpg20231221_193729 (resized).jpg20231221_193739 (resized).jpg20231221_193739 (resized).jpg
    #8211 3 months ago

Is this an original stock unit? It looks like the one they sell on pinballlife for $499. (I'm not suggesting this is worth that amount used)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tronguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=tronguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.