(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyder138.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5696 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

Anyone here get the xenon on craiglist?
    Man that went quickly

Same one or a new one posted 2 hours ago?
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

9 months later
    #6223 3 years ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Looking for advise on if owning a pinball arcade would actually pay the rent or even long term break even? .....but am curious do people actually come out to play?

I can't speak to whether or not there is money to be made, there are a couple of food and bar arcades in the San Jose area, but my pinball buddies and I never go because none of us want to pay $1 a game when we can take a short drive to Alameda and play all day for $20. I may shove a buck or two into a routed game while I wait to pick up my pizza, but I am not interested in going to a location and spending $1 per game for several hours. If there was some type of a flat fee per hour or something of the sort, I would love to stay local and keep the money in the local community.

4 months later
    #6538 3 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey hit me up when you’re done with that Houdini.

Not mine, but there is one for sale here: sfbay.craigslist.org link

8 months later
    #7067 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Who wants to spend all day trying to play games with a mask on?

I just spent three hours playing with a mask on at Pacific Pinball Museum today and have done so about a half a dozen times for 5-6 hours each visit since they re-opened. No big deal.

3 months later
    #7274 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Anyone have any British pounds that I could buy off of you? I'm sending my son off for a semester at the University of Birmingham this weekend and I want to give him a card with some cash in it. Long shot I know but this group is awesome so I thought I'd try. Thx Ladies and Gents
    J
    Fat J's Pin Wagon

Your bank can probably turn the request around in a day or two. If you have Bank of America you should be able to request online and then pick up at your local branch.

2 weeks later
    #7339 2 years ago
    Quoted from MyParagon1979:

All great advice,
    But I’m struggling to find places to try games.
    I go to the flipper room and phoenix games weekly, and I’m going to the pacific pinball museum this weekend. But it’s usually either newer, more expensive, or EM games on the floor. These kinda ‘mid level’ games are difficult to find locally to play.

PPM does not have either of these games as of the last time I was there a couple of weeks ago. They do have a ton of fun stuff to play though. I am heading up there with a friend on Saturday. If you see a tattooed, long hair in a black t-shirt with a black face mask say hello and you can join us for a few games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyder138.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=spyder138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.