(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scasey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 10 years ago

I don't have a ton of pins right now(about a dozen), but I would love to host something here. Let me try to pull something together in the next couple of weeks.

Sean

3 weeks later
    #199 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Man I wish I could just oust the 5 or so douchebag pinball scammers around northern california right here with ALL of their contact info (and matching horror stories) but that just wouldn't be in the good/positive spirit of pinside.
    So lets just say that if you're looking at purchasing a machine in Northern Cali / Bay Area and need some advice on a seller just feel free to PM me. I've pretty much dealt with all of them at one point or another.

Hopefully, I am not one of them . . .

Sean

#209 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Your a nice guy Sean but you clearly cannot read a add clearly. Why message me when I say don't if your not willing to pay asking? You offer me 1500 under what is my firm price. Not going to speak for Fattrain but the way you treat collectors leaves a lot to be desired. Your a flipper and pretty much annoying in my book. But since you seem to have a knack for beating people to good deals and I may one day want to buy one of your pins not going to single out more than you do to yourself.
    With that said I sold Fattrain my FGY you wanted at similar price you offered just because of how you conduct your business. But your a nice guy so how mad can I be at least your polite and seem to not be a liar.
    Just so you know not everyone is desperate to sell a machine I have a deal pending for lotr at 5500 and if it does not sell I'm holding onto it and not taking your low ball offer. I hope the money you make is worth upsetting the community.

Sorry about that. I try to honor requests such as this. Glad you were able to sell the FGY and that it went to Justin.

#229 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Sean you make it impossible not to like you. You never get mad your never rude. Not sure how you do it but your the only flipper in Bay Area we all really like. We all make mistakes , I make them to often. So again best of luck and hard to be mean to someone so nice.

Thanks. Life is short . . . and it's pinball! Hopefully we can do a deal sometime.

Sean

3 months later
    #569 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Any other pinsiders in league at Free Gold Watch? I know mof, haugstrup, jonnyo, Spybryon, Pinballrus, phishrace

I am not a member, but I just sold them a Cyclone.

Sean

#577 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Hey Sean, did you buy that HS2 that was for sale on CL here in Fresno?
    I was curious because right about the same time his ad went down, your normal ones in the bay area featured a HS2 for the first picture.
    Did it need any kind of work?

I picked one up in Clovis a while back. A few optos needed to be replaced, dmd replaced, one magnet needed to be replaced, GI rebuild, flipper rebuilds and a general shopout. The optos were the pain on this one, the rest was pretty easy stuff.

#584 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Yeah, that was the guy. He said it was HUO since new. Did it look like it was a HUO/neglected pin, then? How was the playfield? Any wear spots? The cabinet looked fairly decent, no major fade.
    I was thinking about picking it up, but I'm in major money-save mode right now(unless I find a FH super cheap!).

It was not HUO, but it is a nice machine and the playfield was very nice. The cabinet did not have a lot of fade but did have a little. Regarding a FH in the $2.5K range, I do know of one for sale. Contact me directly and I can put you in touch with the individual.

#620 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenPin:

Going to pick up wife's cousin from SFO tomorrow night. Anybody got any pins for sale in San Francisco area?

I have a bunch of machines for sale, including a Road Kings that is unshopped and fully working for $750. That is the only unshopped machine I have available.

#621 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Looking for something as well.well a fixer upper FH.No luck around these parts.Good luck bro not a ton going on around these parts

I sent the guy an email on the Funhouse he has for $2500, but I haven't heard back yet. I will let you know.

Sean

1 week later
    #666 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Any NorCal Pinsiders put money down for the MMRLE or MMR?

I have a MMRLE on order.

#680 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

I would be interested to know how the new one plays sitting next to your original........unless you sold it already.

I did not sell it. I pulled it off the market as soon as the news hit. I will have both machines in the collection for a period of time and it will be interesting to see how they compare in play.

Quoted from starbase:

Will you put it on Craigslist the day it arrives for more than you paid? Wink wink joke joke!!

I never sell machines. Once I buy a machine, it is in my collection for life. Seriously speaking, I am very interested in seeing how PPS implements the new technology and if it changes the feel of the machine. Another reason for buying it is that I have a number of customers who have pre-orders for one and I am committed to supporting my customers and the machines that are in their collections. It would be difficult to support this particular machine if I am not knowledgeable on the new board set. I doubt they will be side by side, my guess is that one will be in my family room while the other is in my basement.

3 weeks later
    #741 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Great news, courtesy of Jonny O's cool blog: http://pinballbayarea.com/2013/11/18/pacific-pinball-museum-may-have-new-home/
    The Pacific Pinball Museum may have a really cool new home. An ornate Carnegie Library from 1902 that will triple the # of pins on display. "PPM needs to raise some $3.5 million in the next two years in order to make "the Smithsonian of Pinball" in Alameda a reality." I'm down for helping out with future fund raising!

Me too. I have been donating them games for a couple of years now.

1 week later
    #774 10 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

anybody good at applying decals? Thinking of doing my Indiana Jones with new decals...cant imagine doing it by myself...happy to pay cash and beer...

It is all in the prep of the cabinet. I spend about 40 hours prepping the cabinet and about 1.5 hours applying the decals.

1 week later
    #806 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Who got the T2 for 1600 in Petaluma? My guess Sean Casey. Was gone by the time I emailed.

Sorry, wasn't me. Just got back from a fishing trip in Mazatlan.

Sean

#807 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

So who has a Getaway, High Speed or rollergames that I can come play?
    I plan on selling my F-14 Tomcat around April - May (PAGG time) and have been contemplating what I will do next. Right now its a four way tie between those games and T2 which I plan to play over at Phoenix games which has been a place high on my to go list for quite some time now. I am actually thinking of going there next Friday on the early side of the day (around noon) so if anyone else has the day off and wants to meet up I am very welcome to that.
    I have played all these games before and love them all, but its been a while so I would like to get some time in so I can make a better decision. I know PPM has a high speed but (not knocking them at all) theirs has a big issue that every time I play it I end up disappointed when I walk away. The ball should go up the ramp on the plunge and a good 75% of the time it does not make it. I don't want a game not playing 100% to color my decision. High Speed and Getaway are neck and neck at the top of that list but I need to put more time into Getaway to really make a decision and save the extra cash that I will need for it. I saw a few places on the pinball map that have Getaway but they are either a long haul and the only game on location, or the one close by is an at an auto place and it seems like an awkward place to go play a pin. Rollergames is not on the map anywhere and I am very on the fence about that as well. Did not grab me at PAGG last year, but played it at CAX and was really loving it, so I figure at least one more session is needed.
    So absolutely no rush as this will not happen for a few months, but anyone that wants to let me stop by, I will bring the beer!
    Also, same goes both ways. Right now I have Taxi, F-14 Tomcat, and a really well playing Funhouse at my home that if anyone wants to put some time on they are welcome to do so.

Steve, if you are in the area or want to make the drive, I have a nice Getaway you can play.

Sean

#808 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

has anyone looked at the bk2k on c/l? usually they get snapped up quick. I was just wondering.

I saw this game about 3 years ago when I purchased a bunch of his other machines. As I recall, it was in nice condition with very little fade. He was asking the same price then as he is now, so I passed on it.

#841 10 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

Anyone have a tech recommendation for the San Jose area?

Mike Milligan at DCT Amusement. He is located in San Jose and he is the guy I call when I can't solve an issue.

Sean

1 week later
    #914 10 years ago

Who did I see in Sonoma with the Kings of Steel and 6 Million Dollar Man in the pack of their pickup?

2 weeks later
    #1010 10 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

That might be her. She lived up a flight of stairs and had a clean CC w/ extras. I think her lin-up was CC, STEp1, ES, and somthing else. She wanted a RS when I was talking with her at her place. I'm sure she sold the CC b/c I tried to counter offer, but she said it was sold. I was too late or too short.
    SUPER nice girl and I wish her the best.

Deanna is super nice. I sold her the ES and the JP back in 2008. She picked up the CC from a bar in Pacifica for $1400.

#1014 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

So has anybody sent the guy with the tarp pins any lower offers than he is asking? The posting does say OBO. Just wondering if he is being tight on the price or not. You would think if you had no room and they were just sitting under a tarp any realistic offers would be taken.

The owner claims that they are in storage and not under a tarp.

#1037 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

That is an amazing pickup. Sean, did you know of pacifica pinball plus at all? When are you sharing more T2 prototype pics?

I may have crossed paths with Pacifica Pinball when they were clearing out the warehouse a few years back. I delivered the T2 Proto on Sunday and didn't take more pics, sorry.

#1081 10 years ago

Someone said it was a fake ad.

1 week later
    #1170 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I'm on the fence with regards to my TZ but it may be up for sale at PAGG, not sure. Can anyone give me an idea as to a good price range for it. I think mine looks fairly nice and has no playfield wear that I can remember (hasn't been stood up in 2 years, that's guiding my decision too) and it's an unmolested game, that is, no mods or LED's. PM if you'd like to come by and look at it, let's talk. Gotta move some games out of the way to get to it though. TIA,
    Steve

I would say $5K, assuming it has been shopped and is ready to go.

#1232 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Yeah, usually if you do a quick timeline - it's a fake add.
    The machine sold for $2500 around 5-7 yrs ago (guessing)
    Pic show recent alternative translite, meaning that the seller is still a pinhead (not out of the loop), and knows that this is worth more than the asking price. In addition, there is no name or phone number.

It is definitely a fake ad. It stole the picture of the GNR machine that was on CL from Burlingame.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

#1297 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Yes, this is a must. Ok, I could not find my for sale at pagg thread. So I started a new pagg thread. My threads are worse than my car keys. See you at pagg.

It is easy, just click on Activity button once you are in the Forum Main Page. It will list all Topics that you have looked at and posted too.

#1331 10 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

I'm looking for a TAF or a Williams IJ if anyone knows of one in the area.

I have a TAFG, but it is a boat load of money being only 1 of 200 made.

#1339 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Yes, 1000 total production, but only 200 for US market (from 800 to 1000 if I'm not wrong).

That is correct. Only 200 made and sold in the US market.

#1342 10 years ago

I say they all count Gold, standard, 110v, 220v. Collectors value the gold more and they value the US version of the gold even more.

#1348 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I disagree. Condition is king, not if it is a re-import or not.
    If you had 2 TAFG both in equal condition and one was a re-import, it would not be cheaper than the game that was not sent overseas.

I agree that condition is key. If condition is the same, a domestic version of a game will bring more dollars than a re-import.

1 week later
    #1415 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

Since we are talking about 'this' TAFG... My humble opinion is that your CL ad is (and has been) completely out-of-sync. You had the machine listed as a great Xmas gift way into 2014. Now it's listed as of February 19 and it has turned into a great Valentine's gift, which was on February 14.
    There were indeed 1000 made (as clearly indicated by the number 848 on the plate) and not 200.
    Lastly, what you show on the ad does not qualify as a "real nice AF". I realize you priced in some of the work you are going to put into cleaning up the machine, but if I was going to put this much money into a machine, I'd like to see exactly what I am buying - unless of course, I am writing a check to High End Pins. In other words, you might be better off restoring the machine first.

Ludovic,

Thanks for the heads up on the wording in the ad. It had been on auto-post for a while. I have changed it. As for quantity produced, there were indeed 1000 produced in total with 800 of them produced for and shipped overseas. Only 200 units were produced for the US market and they were serial numbers 801-1000. I appreciate your input on selling tactics, but with the high dollar items, I have had better luck having the customer specify the level of restoration/reconditioning. For example, it doesn't make sense to perform a tear down shop job if the customer wants a new playfield installed. If there comes a time when the TAFG is the only machine that I have to work on, perhaps then it will get reconditioned.

Thanks,

Sean

#1417 10 years ago

No need to apologize, I actually appreciate the feedback.

#1430 10 years ago

Great idea. I just took them a box of 5000 each of 44/47 and 555 with the last machine I donated to them.

#1433 10 years ago

Yes, it was. I was glad to get rid of them as I was running out of space for them.

1 week later
    #1493 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I just picked up a really nice Frankenstein. I'm thinking it would make a great housewarming gift for my next pinhead home buyer or seller. (subtle self promotion)
    If not, I'll enjoy it for a while until I have to make room for Predator. It looks great next to my BSD.

Congrats, it looked like a nice one. I assume that this is the machine from South San Francisco, correct?

#1495 10 years ago

No problem, I'd love to help. Frankenstein was the first machine I ever installed LEDs in.

#1501 10 years ago

Yep, I'll take them. I should be up there in the next week or so.

Sean

1 week later
    #1531 10 years ago
    Quoted from fitzpatricksrus:

Probably not the right thread, but can anyone recommend someone who does repairs on site in the San Jose area? I have a TZ that has gone seriously belly up. Thanks.

Mike Milligan with DCT Amusements is great. His contact info is on his website at http://dctamusements.com/.

Sean

#1538 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

CA recycling at its finest!!!!

Agreed. I have about 40 sheets of standard glass that is not perfect, but very usable. I just don't want to send these to the landfill. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Sean

2 weeks later
    #1569 10 years ago

I bought the remaining stock of a couple of retired operators which also included in the lot of parts. I will be posting some items for sale here as there is just too much inventory for me to handle. Some items that will come up first are:

An NOS No Fear Ramp Assembly Switches are pre-wired ($135)
    An NOS White Water Ramp Assembly in original packaging Switches are pre-wired ($135)
    An NOS Addams Family Ramp Assemble in original packaging Switches are pre-wired ($135)
    An NOS Theatre of Magic Ramp Assemble in original packaging Switches are pre-wired ($125)(SOLD)
    A Taxi Ramp assembly
    A STTNG Translight in good condition ($45)
    A Secret Service Translite in good condition ($35)
    An assortment of welded pieces, like ball troughs, MM Troll assemblies, TOM Trunk assemblies(SOLD), etc.
    An assortment of WPC PCBs (The WPC MPUs and the WPC display driver boards have sold, and most of the WPC driver boards have sold, I have 2 left).(SOLD)
    An assortment of coils in excess of 200, lots NOS flipper coils (Flipper Coils $5/ea, other coils are $2.50/ea)(the 11629 and 11630 coils have all sold. I have 20+ of the other flipper coils left in stock.)
    An assortment of playfield glass, mostly used ($5/ea used) (New glass is sold)
    An assortment of side rails, mostly Stern ($10/Set)
    and many other items

Contact me for pricing and availability,

Sean

DSC06636.JPGDSC06636.JPG
    DSC06637.JPGDSC06637.JPG
    DSC06638.JPGDSC06638.JPG
    DSC06639.JPGDSC06639.JPG
    DSC06640.JPGDSC06640.JPG
    DSC06641.JPGDSC06641.JPG
    DSC06642.JPGDSC06642.JPG
    DSC06643.JPGDSC06643.JPG
    DSC06644.JPGDSC06644.JPG
    DSC06645.JPGDSC06645.JPG
    DSC06646.JPGDSC06646.JPG
    DSC06647.JPGDSC06647.JPG

#1572 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

^ I see 2 dw motors and gearboxes, and one has the frame attached. Someone here was looking for that frame a while back.
    Any other Doctor Who parts?

That is a Doctor Who bracket and motor. I haven't gone through all the parts yet, but so far that is the only Doctor Who specific part I've found.

Sean

#1580 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Sean,
    How do the flaps look on that TAF ramp? Are you able to take a pic at all? I know it might be tough given the ramp is upside down....

They are brand new.

Sean

#1590 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

scasey,
    I'm curious why you leave your sold games on the marketplace board. It says right on the listing...
    "This item was placed over 5 weeks ago. If you are the owner of this item and it is no longer relevant than please remove it using the delete function below to avoid dissapointment."
    I realize the listing dates and sold dates are different. Is it still relevant? why not remove the item after its sold? just curious?

Post edited by pinwillie: added: Is it still relevant? why not remove the item after its sold?

Screenshot_2014-04-13-16-41-59.p... 1.1 MB

I was asked by some fellow pinsiders to keep them there for sales data. If it is no longer needed, I will delete them.

Sean

#1600 10 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

Thank you, I know I would appreciate it if you kept them up to date and removed sold listings appropriately.

Done, the sold machine ads have been deleted.

Sean

1 month later
    #1672 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

ok.... so this has got to be a scam, right?

Yep, phishing for email addresses.

#1676 9 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

Anyone have a spare IRL540N in the SJ area?
    I fried mine in my LOTR. I replaced it with the NTE part from Fry's but the flipper is weak. I think the NTE part may be weaker. All the good stores are closed until Tuesday.

I have them.

#1678 9 years ago

Happy to help.

1 week later
    #1721 9 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

I'm in the market for a TZ, TAF or PoTC if anyone has one for sale. I'm in San Jose.

Ken White has a HUO PoTC with 50 plays in San Mateo. He is a great guy to deal with.

2 weeks later
    #1752 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Not sure what happened to it all, but scandia is where the scammer worked that was screwing people out of quite a bit of money.

Chris is a great guy. I have purchased a bunch of machines from him. He keeps them in top shape and is very easy to deal with.

Sean

#1773 9 years ago

Anyone here get the RCT, RBION, Monpoly and LOTR for $5600 total from the Operator in Sac? Nice pickup.

1 month later
    2 months later
    #2036 9 years ago

I am surprised that there hasn't been any "Let's go Giants" chants on the thread. I was lucky enough to be at a home and home golf competition against the Olympic Club and the night of Game 7 we were at the St Francis Yacht Club for dinner watching the game. We refused to go to the private dining room and leave the TV in the bar until they had a TV in the dining room. They caught on quickly. We watched Mad Bum's exceptional performance to close the series out. We later went on the the Marina Lounge, where the craziness began. It was a good night. The golf the next day was another story. Oh well.

#2064 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

This Comet is starting to feel like even less of a deal. The wires from the burned out GI connector are just soldered to the back of the power board. There is also what looks like a fuse holder inline with one of the wires. I think I can fix it, but I need the tool for the connector and I can't just take the board out to work on it without a lot of unsoldering and note taking. I have the manual though, it says what wire color does where if I screw up. Is this the type of thing that the "no hacks" sentiment refers to? Just to be clear, the board is currently working, but I want to put it back to "factory" before I sell it. I am also going to put new caps.

I noticed this when I bought it but I don't think it registered what a pain it would be to fix.

IMG_20141106_212434488.jpg 123 KB

If you want to bring it over to my place we can get through it pretty quickly. I have the male headers and connectors in stock. Free of charge. Let me know.

Sean

#2074 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Wow, thanks for all the offers of assistance. I might take you up on your offer Sean. Are you free Sunday (Or Tuesday? It's Veteran's Day)?

I am around on Sunday after the 49er game. So anytime after 1pm would be fine. You can email me at [email protected] to set it up.

Sean

#2076 9 years ago

No problem. Feel free to drop me a line if you have questions.

1 week later
    #2127 9 years ago

I think the guy at Bobcat Batteries in San Jose does clear coating.

Sean

1 month later
    #2329 9 years ago

All, there is a new bar in Healdsburg called Scouts Bar. It is located at 111 Plaza St, right across from the park. They have 5 pinball machines: Bride of Pinbot, Taxi, Black Knight 2000, Whirlwind and Cue Ball Wizard. They are all set to free play and they are all playing great. They are open Wednesday through Saturday from 7pm to 2am. Go check them out! This should be added to the Bay Area pinball map too.

#2331 9 years ago

Healdsburg is about 10 minutes north of Santa Rosa off 101.

3 weeks later
    #2441 9 years ago

You can stop looking for the pot as Getaway's volume is controlled by coin door buttons and not a pot.

#2456 9 years ago

Pull the sound board and inspect the header pins. A cracked soldier joint on the header pins could be causing this issue. Reflow the soldier on all the pins could solve your issue.

4 weeks later
    #2619 9 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Anyone ever dealt with Peter Laugesen? Buying or selling a pin?

Yes, I have purchased a couple of machines from Peter. Very straight forward, machines were as described, easy transaction.

Sean

#2637 9 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

I'm looking into trying to get a game from the Redding/Shasta Lake area down to the Bay Area. I'd rather not use NAVL but also can't head up there myself. Anyone know of a local person who would do a run like that?
    Thanks.

Have you talked with frogman? He lives up there and comes to the bay area every now and again.

Sean

#2640 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Owned by Bill Bixby?!?!?!

Yes, I purchased that machine from Southern California and it came with a certificate of ownership. I am sure the certificate could be faked, but why? I don't think it adds a tremendous amount of value to the machine. I sold the machine to the current owner 7 years ago and have serviced it a couple of times since then. Current owner paid $1K for it, not the $3500 he claims in the ad.

#2665 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

You know the late great Al Garber did a class years ago for the local pin group. He printed up a great guide I have stashed somewhere. I can look for it this weekend, scan it, and get it uploaded. In the meantime, lots of local people in Sac who can lend a hand.

I've been thinking about having a tech day at my shop once a month where you can bring your machine in and diagnose it. I have lots of parts and people can exchange knowledge. Let me now if this sounds like a good idea and I will schedule it.

Sean

2 months later
    #2943 8 years ago

I use PVC, a couple of pieces.

3 months later
    #3187 8 years ago

I have a bunch of Cross Walk Signs that I got for a project. I am no longer going to do the project and thought these would look good in a game room. There are about 90 of these and they are free. Some may have scratches on the plastic cover. They work on 110 volt with one common and one hot for both walk and stop. Anyone want them?

DSC07733.jpgDSC07733.jpg
    DSC07732.jpgDSC07732.jpg
    DSC07731.jpgDSC07731.jpg

#3188 8 years ago

I have 3 parts carts that work great for when you are tearing down a machine. There are 2 of the 2nd cart and 1 of the 1st cart pictured. I got a bunch of these at auction and just want to get rid of the last few that I am not using. Free to good home. Let me know.

DSC07735.jpgDSC07735.jpg
    DSC07734.jpgDSC07734.jpg

#3189 8 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I have a bunch of Cross Walk Signs that I got for a project. I am no longer going to do the project and thought these would look good in a game room. There are about 90 of these and they are free. Some may have scratches on the plastic cover. They work on 110 volt with one common and one hot for both walk and stop. Anyone want them?
    DSC07733.jpg
    DSC07732.jpg
    DSC07731.jpg

Thanks for the interest, the Cross Walk Signs have been spoken for.

Sean

#3191 8 years ago

Just trying to purge a little.

#3192 8 years ago

Next up for grabs is a box of manuals. Included are 2 WPC schematics, Williams Troubleshooting and Reference Manual, Pinbot, Comet, High Speed, Bad Cats, Earthshaker, CFTBL Schematics, Spring Break, World Cup, Pokerino, Roller Games, Firepower, F-14, Firepower II, Firepower, Flash, Jokerz, and some others. I got this when I bought out a route op and no longer need this stuff. The manuals are used and may have covers missing, etc. The lot is free to a good home. If no one wants them, I will take them over the Pacific Pinball Museum.

DSC07753.jpgDSC07753.jpg

#3193 8 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I have 3 parts carts that work great for when you are tearing down a machine. There are 2 of the 2nd cart and 1 of the 1st cart pictured. I got a bunch of these at auction and just want to get rid of the last few that I am not using. Free to good home. Let me know.
    DSC07735.jpg
    DSC07734.jpg

Thanks for the interest, the carts are all gone.

#3195 8 years ago

Next up is 1 WPC Driver Board with some hacks and 3 WPC MPU boards(no asic or processor) with some acid damage. The driver board came out of a working machine, I just couldn't sell the machine with a warranty as it was. So I put a new driver board in and was going to remove the hacks off this board, but it just isn't worth my time. The MPU boards probably boot up, but will surely have some switch issues. Free to good home.

DSC07760.jpgDSC07760.jpg

DSC07754.jpgDSC07754.jpg

DSC07755.jpgDSC07755.jpg

DSC07756.jpgDSC07756.jpg

DSC07758.jpgDSC07758.jpg

DSC07757.jpgDSC07757.jpg

DSC07759.jpgDSC07759.jpg

#3196 8 years ago

Next up are 5 Bally boards from the early years. They are -17 MPU, -35 MPU, Solid State Sound Board, 2 Auxiliary Driver Boards. Unknown working order, assume they do not work. They are free to good home. If no one claims them, they will go to the Pacific Pinball Museum.

DSC07763.jpgDSC07763.jpg

DSC07762.jpgDSC07762.jpg

DSC07761.jpgDSC07761.jpg

#3198 8 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Next up are 5 Bally boards from the early years. They are -17 MPU, -35 MPU, Solid State Sound Board, 2 Auxiliary Driver Boards. Unknown working order, assume they do not work. They are free to good home. If no one claims them, they will go to the Pacific Pinball Museum.

DSC07763.jpg DSC07762.jpg DSC07761.jpg

Thanks for the interest, the Bally boards are spoken for.

#3200 8 years ago

Up for grabs here are 3 Bally drop target assemblies. The inline assembly appears to be bent, but should straighten out with a little work. They are free to good home.

DSC07766.jpgDSC07766.jpg

DSC07768.jpgDSC07768.jpg

DSC07767.jpgDSC07767.jpg

DSC07769.jpgDSC07769.jpg

#3201 8 years ago

Here are 2 Token Coin Mechs and a 10p Coin Mech. Free to good home.

DSC07770.jpgDSC07770.jpg

#3203 8 years ago

Here are a WPC driver board not fully functional and a WPC DMD driver board not fully functional. Free to good home.

DSC07771.jpgDSC07771.jpg

DSC07773.jpgDSC07773.jpg

DSC07772.jpgDSC07772.jpg

#3204 8 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Up for grabs here are 3 Bally drop target assemblies. The inline assembly appears to be bent, but should straighten out with a little work. They are free to good home.

DSC07766.jpg DSC07768.jpg DSC07767.jpg DSC07769.jpg

The drop target assemblies have been spoken for. Thanks.

#3206 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Could you ship the boards to sac? Willing to cover all shipping +handling for the dmd driver board.

Sorry, pickup only.

#3208 8 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Here are a WPC driver board not fully functional and a WPC DMD driver board not fully functional. Free to good home.

DSC07771.jpg DSC07773.jpg DSC07772.jpg

Thanks for the interest. These boards have been spoken for.

Sean

#3213 8 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Next up is 1 WPC Driver Board with some hacks and 3 WPC MPU boards(no asic or processor) with some acid damage. The driver board came out of a working machine, I just couldn't sell the machine with a warranty as it was. So I put a new driver board in and was going to remove the hacks off this board, but it just isn't worth my time. The MPU boards probably boot up, but will surely have some switch issues. Free to good home.

DSC07760.jpg DSC07754.jpg DSC07755.jpg DSC07756.jpg DSC07758.jpg DSC07757.jpg DSC07759.jpg

This set of boards has been spoken for. Thanks for all the interest.

Sean

#3227 8 years ago

Steve,

I see the diamond plate on the playfield, which means a playfield made after 1989. Machines in this time period had a red or black striker rubber ring on them to prevent the pitting of balls. Here is a link to the part:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7176-1

Sean

#3231 8 years ago

Yep, sorry.

5 months later
    #3700 8 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

Where do you go for circuit board repairs in the Bay Area? I have a dead transistor on my SM (Q15, left flipper). My previous attempt (and last) at replacing a transistor on a Monopoly turned into a nightmare that could prominently feature in the worst hacks threads. I am not trying this again.

Ludovic,

If you can bring it to me and I will do it for free.

Sean

3 weeks later
    #3745 8 years ago

Probably phishing for email addresses.

2 months later
    #3939 7 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Cause they are probably not HUO....anyways better than the 15k one of the other Bay Area Flippers is trying to score.

I know the TOM is not HUO. I sold that machine to Rich (the guy who just sold it to the guy in San Rafael) back in 2011. It was a nice machine, but not HUO.

9 months later
    #4350 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Crap, blew F101 on my recently acquired funhouse.
    Changed out spring/coil linkage on left flipper, maybe i knocked something loose.
    Problem is, I have no 2.5a SB fuse to replace it, I have a 3a.. argh.
    Any particularly handy east bay places to pick up fuses?, not seeing much in stock at the handy dandy lowes/HD
    Any help appreciated. I am in Livermore but willing to travel a lil to avoid having to wait for a shipment.
    Cheers!

I have some in San Jose if you can't find them elsewhere.

Sean

3 months later
    #4517 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Stern is going to be doing some warranty work on my GB and have asked me to contact "Ricci" from California Amusements. Anyone have experience or work with this person or company before? just curious to know if they are reputable, etc.
    Thnx!

I have dealt with him a couple of years ago, but only to purchase games from him. He runs a fairly big shop in the east bay. Nice guy. When I was in there they were re-decalling a Moster Bash because some idiot wrote all over it with a sharpie.

Sean

3 years later
    #6040 3 years ago

For those wondering, I'm still around in the hobby. I'm not selling much lately except for lots of boards and other parts. If you're looking for parts locally, feel free to email me at sean at eapinball dot com.

Sean

#6043 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Had him lie to a seller to get a cheap game i was on the way to get. Gave a sob bs story, and seller decided to sell to him instead. Found out when i got there. Mind you, i arrived there before he did, had money, and game was still there.

If you are referring to me, I call BS.

#6045 3 years ago
    Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

I have to back dsuperbee. I guess it’s the difference in attitudes between being in a hobby and running a business. You did something similar to me.

You are saying that I lied to a seller to get a game, when you were on your way. It did not happen, not by me. I am not calling anyone a liar here, but I know my dealings.

10 months later
    #6869 2 years ago

All, I am selling off a bunch of my parts. You can find listings on CL. There are lots of boards, flipper parts, coils, pop bumper parts and some game specific parts.

#6871 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

I wish I wasn't so busy with work this time of year while simultaneously trying not to hoard parts. I see so much I want. Or is it need. No... Want.
    Bring what doesn't sell to the swap meet.

Whatever doesn't sell will likely go to the Museum in Alameda. We are a ways from that. I have only scratched the surface of parts that I have.

10 months later
    #7439 2 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

All, I am selling off a bunch of my parts. You can find listings on CL. There are lots of boards, flipper parts, coils, pop bumper parts and some game specific parts.

Lots of plastics added to CL

#7440 2 years ago

I'm pairing down my collection and have WOZ ECLE and Hobbit SMAUG Gold SE that are up for sale. Both only have a couple hundred plays since being pulled out of the box. I prefer pickup. Both are priced at $12K.

Sean

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scasey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=scasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.