(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sborel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1514 10 years ago

I just updated my "location" metallica pro with 1.5 code. If some reason you don't own one, mine is at Buffalo billiards in Petaluma for all to enjoy. Replay scores have been low, so im assuming im not getting too many pinsider players. Steven

7 months later
    #1962 9 years ago

Im going to fix that busted to hell cftbl. TWD is going to Fanny Anns this Saturday.....gotta test it out for a week before its ready to go.

#1963 9 years ago

The creetch really isn't that bad. The cab art is very nice. Nothing 60hrs. of work and 500 dollars of parts wont fix. I might even try a playfield protector on this pin.

#1965 9 years ago

Donno about that Adams family. The previous op sold the location to me with the games. The ops i know aren't selling pins right now.....there not buying new ones either. They want to sell vids at a premium when that market sucks right now.

1 week later
    #2017 9 years ago

My TWD is at Fanny Anns in Old town Sacramento. I noticed the prison target has to be hit dead on to register. Im going to tighten up switch on next trip, hopefully new code will be out. I leveled pin and inclination is around 7 degrees. It didn't seem to be a drain monster. I also replaced lower half GI lighting with nifty warm retro leds and changed leds above pf in the back. I always adjust flipper rubbers up to limit air balls. Ball saver is at 15 seconds.

Steven

1 month later
    #2269 9 years ago

Im going to arcade expo.....its good to see a 3rd California show again! Does'nt look like Pacific pinball expo is returning

#2282 9 years ago

Xscrapiron getaway looks and plays very good.....a year ago it would have sold in no time.

1 week later
    #2333 9 years ago

I was there tonight to check out pins. The lighting in the bar(next to none) and the pf G.I. make them hard to play.(color leds in G.I) Taxi is not level and Cue ball wizard inclination wasn't correct. I noticed most of the pins were on ball 3 or 4, people left without finishing the game.

3 weeks later
    #2453 9 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

I can get a few milliseconds of sound if I slam the coin door shut.
    After disconnecting and reconnecting the connectors going to the small board by the tilt switch my coin door lights finally decided to illuminate.

Did you check connectors at speakers? One bad connection at any speaker, no sound will result.

#2471 9 years ago
    Quoted from amppdout:

Hey Pinheads. Long time lurker in most of the CA forums. I've been trying to find my wife her next pin without much luck. Hopefully, someone here can shoot me some help. I'm looking for something newish for her that compliments our JP. I was hoping for a musical pin like ACDC, Metallica or GnR or something like TOM, TAF or XM. All these pins have aspects of what she loves about the game. I'm just trying to find a deal that works. There don't seem to be too many pinheads up here in Sonoma County but we are looking forward to PAGG! Thanks for any help.

There are a few Sonoma county pinheads on pinside. I've been talking with the marketing guy at Buffalo Billiards about doing a tourney and or starting a league. Im trying to get more pins there for locals to play....

#2472 9 years ago

+1 for arcade expo on Saturday.

#2475 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I will keep an eye out for you. I met you briefly at PAGG last year, hope to say hey.

Would be cool to meet you. I will be bringing my pinside id badges again. Free for anyone that wants one.

Definitely...I would like a pinside badge.

1 week later
    #2512 9 years ago

Moved to the top of my want list: Getaway

Getaway is great pin for the $. I just bought a second one, that I'll either trade or put on location. I like the Bally heavy metal meltdown pin as well at AE. It didn't make a full game before it broke, center plastic fell onto playfield. First one iv'e ever seen and they had 2!! Hopefully they will get them fixed b4 next show. Its definitely on the list. Im also a Williams Taxi fan now.....I never got to play a nice example till expo. The system 11 pins seemed to hold on well Saturday, the space shuttle was really nice(looked like it had a cpr pf).

#2515 9 years ago

And it was great meetin you at AE!

Let me know if you want to sell that getaway instead of trading it! Sadly I don't really have anything in the way of a trade right now.

It was nice to meet fellow pinsider at AE. I will hit u up first if I sell getaway.

#2516 9 years ago

Thanks again for the laminated badge!

#2519 9 years ago
    Quoted from anubis2night:

hi Sborel, I'm just a few minutes south of you in Larkfield. Hit me up if you ever want to go play some pinball

Im always down to play pinball at Buffalo Billiards in Petaluma.

#2523 9 years ago

Got the go ahead for a fifth pin at fanny anns in old town Sacramento. Im taking out the crusin usa conversion and putting in ???? I have a Junkyard, getaway or rollergames available.

#2529 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

When they get the fifth game in we should have a pinside meet up.
    I was there last weekend and all the games are clean and play great.
    It's a plus that the food is good and there is beer on tap.

I spent 5 hrs. there today collecting, repairing, cleaning, and play testing today. Thanks for the review mrgone.

I've always wanted to put RG on location....I had 2 for awhile. I didn't have any locations at the time and sold. Looks like im getting it out of storage.....im going to make sure its solid. I love the theme song on this pin.

Sborel

#2530 9 years ago

Im down for a pinside meet up when I get fifth pin at FA.

#2536 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

How about both? There's always room for 1 more.

I could replace nascar with junkyard.

#2538 9 years ago

Im doing my best to make FA at local pinball "hotspot". South park is a good earner, but that doesn't mean I wont rotate it out. Nascar has been a difficult pin to operate even after an extensive shop job. I've spent more repair time on it than any other pin on location. I want to have pins that have a wide appeal inc. younger/new players. It would be cool to have some league play at FA, and maybe a tourney. junkyard 2.pngjunkyard 2.png

#2541 9 years ago

I didn't mean "meet up" should be a tourney, I just meant I would provide a "location, FA" that could host a tourney in the future. I don't know how to run a tourney or league.

#2547 9 years ago
    Quoted from radrats:

Anyone know what's up with the roadshow in Vacaville? Been emailing the guy and nada.

I remember when you could actually buy a pin on CL, now its like

#2556 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Lots of play. I would want to see pictures of the post by the blast hole too

Lack of maintence causes most wear......roadshow fish would survive if ops cleaned the pf and changed the pinballs. A mylar patch wouldn't hurt. My roadshow fishy has a clearcoat crack only.

#2583 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I tumble mine back to a polish for 24 hours and plop 'em back in.
    -mof

I tumble mine as well for routed and home pins. Inspect ball for rust pitting or damage....polishing will not correct. I also demagnetize with tape head eraser. I just tried marcos silverjet pinballs in junkyard to see if they are better/worth the $. It seems a couple hundred plays and standard pinballs are textured.

#2589 9 years ago

Im going to bring Junkyard to Fanny Anns Saloon Saturday Feb. 21. Rollergames will be next on pin rotation. FA opens at 11:30AM, JY will be setup before opening. Do you guys still want a to have a pinside meet up?

#2592 9 years ago

Pinside meet up bump

#2609 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

Im going to bring junkyard to Fanny Anns Saloon Saturday Feb. 21. Rollergames will be next on pin rotation. FA opens at 11:30AM, JY will be setup before opening. Do you guys still want a to have a pinside meet up?

3 weeks later
    #2702 9 years ago

I second Gio at Pinball Refinery.

4 weeks later
    #2825 9 years ago

Shuffles magical ice cream shop in Santa Rosa now has pinball games. Roadshow and Funhouse,(owner picked) hopefully more in the future.

2 months later
    #2995 8 years ago

I updated TWD at Fanny Anns Saloon today to 1.24.....I get home and find out stern releases 1.25

#3005 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I've been hearing for years that SP earns stupid money and is the best long-term earner out there. I know TWD will be hot for a while, but can it last like SP?

SP is a great location pin. Jury is still out on TWD. I think wrestlemania will be a good location pin( I might get one to route as some point) It is simple and fun that doesn't beat you up like TWD(tight shots).

2 weeks later
    #3020 8 years ago

League play coming soon to Fanny Anns Saloon!

#3027 8 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

Thanks to the generosity of Sborel and Fanny Ann's, CCPL returns to Sacramento on June 30th @ 6:00pm. League play will be every other Tuesday.
    Keep an eye on http://powertothepinball.com/oldsac.html for all announcements related to this league section or like our page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/powertothepinball

I checked the pins today, they r clean and ready! Fanny Anns has a Tuesday special.....buy there($15d) dollar t-shirt/ wear to league night or any tues. night and get 50% off food/drinks.

1 week later
    #3052 8 years ago

Fanny Anns Saloon will be getting a KISS pro.

#3054 8 years ago

EM:el dorado
    Gottlieb: Stargate
    Bally:special force
    Williams:getaway
    Stern:Metallica

#3059 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

will you just be adding kiss or will you be taking out another game to make room?

Looks like Southpark is going to be rotated out. Manager wants multicade to stay put.

#3081 8 years ago

I updated Fanny Anns Saloon TWD to v1.28 lastnight. I even got to play a few games on SM and TWD. 120m doesn't even get you a high score on SM. TWD continues to be difficult even after a few games, was only able to get 33m.

#3084 8 years ago

Still waiting for my KISS pro for the last few weeks....have been told there are production issues/delays. I see Midwest guys are getting pins.

1 week later
    #3100 8 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

Hey I may try to come out. Can I invite a friend to come play at this event?
    Dylan

Yes, that's the idea of a public venue league play. Pins are clean and ready(serviced them sunday).

1 week later
    #3123 8 years ago

KISS pro delivery to Fanny Anns Saloon is scheduled for Aug. 2nd.

1 week later
    #3165 8 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Definitely a good time at Fanny Ann's we will have to do it again soon. Next I will play instead of setting up.

I was able to play and get a high score Big thanks to Harley, who not only help setup Kiss, but serviced and fixed pins. It was a great meetup and nice to see public interest in pins!

#3173 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Agreed. Also, the right orbit is a tight shot but when you hit it and rip the spinner it's freakin sweet.

I really like that shot too, very rewarding. The ramps r nice but don't reward with many points with current code.

1 week later
    #3232 8 years ago

I have an extra KISS pin that im willing to trade. I was going to keep for home use, but would rather have another stern title. Im looking for TRON, IM or IMVE, AC/DC prem. or ???. 20150716_141403.jpg20150716_141403.jpg

#3243 8 years ago

Im pretty sure I have extra used sheet of widebody glass for you TJ! No charge.

1 week later
    #3272 8 years ago

KISS and TWD fans will be able to play new code this Saturday at Fanny Anns Saloon.

#3274 8 years ago

I wish it was closer to me.....it takes me almost 2hrs to get there with NO traffic.

#3278 8 years ago

Got TWD updated to v1.41, and Met. to v1.64. No luck with KISS....I updated before to 1.03 with same memory stick, but pin wouldn't see info in stick this time. I was able to get GC on TWD with 106m, probably wont last long, right Alex?

Steven

Quoted from Sborel:KISS and TWD fans will be able to play new code this Saturday at Fanny Anns Saloon.

#3283 8 years ago
    Quoted from jpc211245:

Thanks for keeping the games in such great shape! They were a blast to play on Saturday.

Thanks guys for supporting public pinball at Fanny Anns Saloon.

1 week later
    #3324 8 years ago

I got KISS updated to v1.04 tonight at Fanny Anns Saloon. Demon lock ball saver set to max 5 seconds.

2 weeks later
    #3381 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Fire at Fanny Anns last night. Hopefully games are ok. (Hopefully everyone made it out safe!)

I spoke with manager this morning, all games are ok. Front door of building is damaged. They are open now.

1 month later
    #3479 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Exhaust filter is a better term. Fan implies blowing air. His filter sucks air and filters it. He plugs it into the service outlet.</blockquo

yes, that's correct. It doesn't eliminate the need for cleaning pf, but reduces airborne dirt and coil dust.

#3480 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

I know Sborel as well. I'll get in touch with him and see if we can put something together. It would likely be a couple months out though.
    As for Scandia, I'm still interested in doing something there, and probably first. A friend of mine is the op and would be on hand the day of the event to address any technical issues. He's also very open to suggestions, and if you place comments for his games on the pinball map, like something needing repair, he receives a daily digest.
    These events will award wppr points but not a whole lot so if that's your thing it might not be the event for you. The focus will be on an enjoyable format, not maxing points.

Im down with a tourney at FA. Scandia and FA are overdue for some tournament action. Im glad to see JonnyO back in the tourney scene.

2 months later
    #3682 8 years ago

Anyone have a spare TAXI right slingshot plastic to sell or trade.

1 month later
    #3788 8 years ago

BTW Fanny Anns Saloon will be closed for 2 weeks. The saloon is getting much needed cleaning, upgrades, new flooring etc. The décor is not being altered. Im told reopen will happen next weekend, so plan your pinball excursions accordingly.

#3791 8 years ago

Stern is still making pros.....contact a distro. I don't think you will save any or much money buying a HUO met.

#3793 8 years ago

Such a good game on route or home. I would buy a another, if I had more locations. I don't see operators selling theirs for at least another 5 years, well at least the op I know that has one on location.

#3798 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

There is a Sopranos at Hi-life. I was there on Friday. There are rumors that it will be moving to Scarlet City Cafe in the near future. Though, it seems weird to have a machine saying "Where's my f***-ing money?" in a family friendly cafe. I think there is a setting to make Sopranos call outs to be PG.

I have my Sopranos on location set to edited(bleeped) setting. Even at home the adult version was too much, got annoying etc. I hear it makes more $ on adult setting.

1 month later
    #3887 8 years ago
    Quoted from BK2K:

You just missed out on the Hobbit SE that was added Tuesday.
    There is also a Mario mushroom world and the FG is gone.

image_(resized).jpeg

I played it....ball was real floaty, donno if its set up correctly. Nice looking game, the talking dragon is cool. I hear they might be getting ghostbusters....

1 month later
    #3977 7 years ago

KISS pro at Fanny Anns Saloon has been updated to v1.28, and now has headphone jack connection at left front leg.

2 weeks later
    #3998 7 years ago

pinballmap.com or pinmap on this site.

#4004 7 years ago

Thanks to a pinsider there are now 2 more pinball games on location in the Sacramento area. Wicked West Pizza in West Sac. now has an Ironman and Jurassic park with plans for 2 more pins. The IM has a colordmd and a shaker.

4 weeks later
    #4062 7 years ago

Back to pinball.....Metallica at Fanny Anns Saloon has been updated to v1.70.

#4064 7 years ago

Added a 3rd pin at Wicked west pizza and BBQ, Star trek pro. Pinball map hasn't responded to "add location request".

#4067 7 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_Fiend:

Ha! Check again Mr. Borel. Thanks for routing some awesome games!

Sweet, cant have pins on location without being on pinballmap

#4068 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

Hoping to play it on Wesnesday!

There all in row now, and inclination and level ok! Enjoy!

2 weeks later
    #4095 7 years ago

added 2 more pins at Wicked West pizza....

20160724_204350_resized_(resized).jpg20160724_204350_resized_(resized).jpg

5 months later
    #4285 7 years ago

pinballmap.com Mine is at Wicked west pizza in west Sacramento, and it is a nice example. TAF is almost done, so RS might be leaving soon.

#4289 7 years ago

this is the same playfield shovelhead posted couple months ago. This is the after complete breakdown shop.

TAF pic (resized).jpgTAF pic (resized).jpg

#4294 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I see TAF looking good. Can you guestimate when you plan to switch the RS out? I might run up there in the next 48hrs.
    Cheers!

couple of weeks for TAF, I assure you the pins that r there now are worth the drive. Coin op and Fanny Anns r close as well...that's over 20 pins combined.

3 weeks later
    #4324 7 years ago

TAF finally on location at Wicked west pizza in West Sacramento.

20170124_142928_resized (resized).jpg20170124_142928_resized (resized).jpg

#4327 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I'll have to go pump some cash into that the next time in in the area. You're not worried about fading from all the sunlight coming through those windows?

Pins are on the northside, I did treat cabs with protectant. Fingers crossed. Stern decals seem to be tough.

2 weeks later
    #4354 7 years ago

Thinking of selling or trading my WNBJM. HUO, very low plays.

3 months later
    #4516 6 years ago

AS premium will be at Fanny Anns Saloon very soon.....plan now is rotate out TWD. Its been there since 2014.

20170523_193001 (resized).jpg20170523_193001 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #4540 6 years ago

AS prem. now at Fanny Anns Saloon. Whirlwind and South park downstairs.

20170617_120526 (resized).jpg20170617_120526 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #4550 6 years ago

Congrats on Mata Hari. Im at my Santa Rosa location once a week.(Shuffles magical ice cream shoppe). Maintain 5 pins there....

1 month later
    #4572 6 years ago

Wicked west pizza in west sacramento has closed its doors. Looking for another location (in Sac) for the 5 pins i operated at WW.

2 months later
    #4692 6 years ago

I finished my Stern Seawitch and have extra playfield, backglass and lower cabinet. I would like to sell to someone who has parts to make complete game. Playfield is decent, and cabinet is solid.

#4693 6 years ago

2nd seawitch pf (resized).jpg2nd seawitch pf (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #4705 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

I finished my Stern Seawitch and have extra playfield, backglass and lower cabinet. I would like to sell to someone who has parts to make complete game. Playfield is decent, and cabinet is solid.

OK, got the message, off into the dumpster it goes!

#4711 6 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I love my Seawitch and I would hate to see another classic Stern scrapped. I can build a head for it, and boards, displays and needed head hardware are easy to find. If you’re willing to drop If off at a Fastenal store I would buy it and finish the project.

I'm sure it will end up at the local pinball show swap meet next year(Lodi)

2 weeks later
    #4730 6 years ago

Finally got my MM wherehouse find from last may finished. Lower cab and PF were very nice, backbox not so much. Building was falling apart, insulation and sheetrock everywhere. I was told pin was pulled from location in 99' due to broken translite glass.

20171107_184705_resized (resized).jpg20171107_184705_resized (resized).jpg

20170212_155235_resized (resized).jpg20170212_155235_resized (resized).jpg

20170212_155230_resized (resized).jpg20170212_155230_resized (resized).jpg

20160617_222336_resized (1) (resized).jpg20160617_222336_resized (1) (resized).jpg

20160611_142510_resized (resized).jpg20160611_142510_resized (resized).jpg

5 months later
    #4948 5 years ago

So many good "destination" locations in the bay area/nor cal.....now there is another. Vallejo Vinyl and Pinball, grand reopening in new location with pinball, Saturday May 5.

1 month later
    #5008 5 years ago

Brought GOTG pro to Fanny Anns Saloon today, rotated Aerosmith premium to Vallejo vinyl and pinball.

2 months later
    #5072 5 years ago

twd pro and iron maiden pro now at Halftime bar and grille in Rocklin. located in Strikes bowling center. Hopefully it will turn into a multiple pin location.

1 week later
    #5081 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

For anyone interested... we have a travel league starting in October. It will be on Tuesday nights and alternate between The Flipper Room and Vallejo Vinyl and Pinball. The first night will be in Vallejo on October 2nd. The season will run for 8 weeks and the tournament will be on the 9th week. 7:30 start time.
    [quoted image]

A few more pins will be added to VVP lineup before the start of new league.

1 year later
    #5642 4 years ago

Ghostbusters pro at Fanny Anns Saloon has updated code. It has been serviced and flippers rebuilt, enjoy!

1 year later
    #6829 2 years ago

I have a Aerosmith premium for sale or trade. It has been lightly routed at 2 locations, 2719 plays, only playfield wear is small chip at saucer kickout and shooter lane under mylar. Cabinet has small blemish under front edge and large scratch on left backbox decal. Working on pics. It was a show game, im the original owner. Last location is was at, closed last year due to covid-19. Installed williams front leg brackets, before it went on location, so no cabinet splitting etc.

#6850 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

I have a Aerosmith premium for sale or trade. It has been lightly routed at 2 locations, 2719 plays, only playfield wear is small chip at saucer kickout and shooter lane under mylar. Cabinet has small blemish under front edge and large scratch on left backbox decal. Working on pics. It was a show game, im the original owner. Last location is was at, closed last year due to covid-19. Installed williams front leg brackets, before it went on location, so no cabinet splitting etc.

Sale pending

1 year later
    #7795 1 year ago

BKSOR PRO for sale or trade. Will sell topper with game. 4k plays. $5700 (no topper) to pinsider.

20221210_062238 (resized).jpg20221210_062238 (resized).jpg20221210_062330 (resized).jpg20221210_062330 (resized).jpg20221210_062713 (resized).jpg20221210_062713 (resized).jpg
    #7798 1 year ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Any games your interested in for trades ?

newer sterns.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sborel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=sborel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.