(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4613 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I was pleased to find today that Chris, the Pinball Pirate, is now is a local Stern distributor.
    A SW pro, BM66, and SMVE were set up and ready as well as other NIB in the shop.
    A great resource overall, and nice to see his biz grow with more buying options out there for our community.
    Congrats!

Awesome...be great to have someone we can purchase from locally versus always going out of state. Also nice that its someone who can probably provide service if needed.

#4616 6 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

4th Annual Oktoberfest Pins & Pints Party in Vacaville
    We will be hosting our 4th Annual Oktoberfest Pins & Pints event at the house on October 21st. All Norcal Pinheads are welcome I just ask that you rsvp ahead of time so I can plan on how much food I need to purchase.
    I plan on bbq'n during the event. We will have appetizers, chips/salsa, brats, etc. Come over for a laid back day playing pins and relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball. Good food, good beer and good pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, if you attend, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name beer for all to enjoy during the event and have a great time.
    The event will start at 2:00pm and last until ??
    If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.
    Loren & Yvette

sounds like a great time!

9 months later
    #5009 5 years ago

Looking for any two of the following pins:

TZ
    MMR
    MET Prem/LE
    Fish Tales
    Slug Fest

Let me know if anyone in NorCal wants to sell one of the above

#5019 5 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Looking for a Jurassic Park in good condition for a friend. San Jose if possible.

I saw one on craigslist...not sure of the condition or location

sfbay.craigslist.org link

1 year later
    #5592 4 years ago

I put a refundable deposit on a NIB MMR that fully refundable. I'd rather find a nice local HUO Medieval Madness Remake LE or Standard...please hit me up if you have one

7 months later
    #5836 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

People toss around "HUO" or "could've been HUO" all the time when talking about clean, older games. And most of us generally filter that because it can't be verified. But with very new games, mostly going into homes and where it's generally possible to confirm, this is a first for me. And he did it to someone else as well.

I contacted the guy about the Wonka he advertised on Craigslist and he told me the same thing. We went back and forth on a potential trade, but it never materialized. My guess is he sold it to u (sorry about that)....three things that would totally piss me off...The first is the misrepresentation that the game was HUO. The second is the fact that it had 12,000 game plays (thats a shit ton in my mind). The third and final would be that he took off the Invisiglass and replaced it with regular glass. As you know it will cost you another $325 to get new glass...

3 weeks later
    #5867 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Still have this brand new in box UNIS Pong Table. Need to move it to make room. Come get it, $2000, over 2500 off buying elsewhere.
    Link to website incase someone doesn’t know what it is.
    https://www.tablepongproject.com/#

These look really fun...wish u were closer

#5869 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Chris Fox can bring it to you. He has a trip planned at the end of may and will be at my house picking up another game going south so he could easily load it up.

Interesting....Chris has been to my house before ....great guy

2 months later
    #6070 3 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

Does anyone have a standard size sheet of PDI or Invisiglass they might consider selling locally? Just trying to save on shipping.
    If not, anyone thinking of ordering any PDI glass in the coming weeks? Maybe we can get a group together to save on shipping costs, if possible, which seem to be now around $135 for an individual sheet to CA with packaging and labor and shipping costs.

Wow shipping has gone up to $135? Trust me its not worth it. I've owned several sheets of PDI, and although its great stuff its not even close to being worth that kind of premium. I would stick to Invisiglass or the Voodoo glass although I haven't owned any of the later.

#6075 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viperbsd:

Cointaker has 2 sheets of standard size Invisaglass for $399 and the shipping was only $28 to Elk Grove, CA. I ordered 4 sheets of it and it looks amazing over the standard glass.
    https://cointaker.com/products/invisiglass-2-pack

Thats a really good deal

2 months later
    #6265 3 years ago

I called Maas brothers last week, and they appear to open for commercial work. The guy said they weren't open to the public, and not taking on private work. Not exactly sure why, but thats what I was told. He had no idea when they would open up to the masses. I like the idea of doing the work locally, but that doesn't appear to be an option at the moment.

1 week later
    #6310 3 years ago

I've sold and purchased a lot of games locally. I haven't had a lot of luck selling on this platform ,but have sold and purchased many on our local Craigslist. I prefer to sell a game when a person can inspect/play as condition is really in the eye of the purchaser. I've met a lot of great people locally, and most have been great to deal with. I've actually bought a few games from Gorf and he's been fine....yes he asks a lot of $ for some of his games, but maybe he's learned from his past mistakes? If your personally inspecting a game than it removes most of the risk.

#6312 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Nope. He was recently selling a BM66 that he claimed was HUO. It had been routed at coinop in SF.

Oh thats not good....I stand corrected...Its so much easier just to tell the truth....

#6320 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

He has pulled that chicken shit with me as well, and with friends of mine. Bad enough he's a dishonest seller. Verbally threatening Pinsiders via PM who attempt to warn the community about him should be totally unacceptable. Like I asked before, who let him back on Pinside?

I really don't get it....must be a screw loose...my kids are bugging me to get another GT

1 month later
    #6401 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Your pin is sitting at $6900 with no takers. I offered $6500. You did not have the courtesy to respond.
    You also tried to flip a restored Fish Tales for $6000 that I had just sold you for $4200 earlier this year. You acted like you wanted it, but apparently you just wanted to flip it.
    I don't recall bidding on anything else of yours and certainly won't in the future as you are now on my Bad Seller and Bad Buyer list.

I remember that FT...it was nice, but not worth $6K....

#6424 3 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Other projects now call me... So I am selling my fully restored TZ.

Nice work on your TZ...

Machine - For Sale

Fully Restored Twilight Zone

New!

Fully restored (full original status) “Up for Sale: Completely restored Bally Twilight Zone Pinball Machine.

Here is a short summary of what was done during the machine restoration process:
    New Cabinet
    Interior and ext...”

1 day ago

Tehachapi, CA

10,500 (Firm)

uncivil_engineer

3 weeks later
    #6476 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

You can call Chris Fox who does that run every week or two to move pinball machines. See if he can make it work and the cost. 209-403-8871

I've used Chris several times, and he's always been very reliable, and in my mind very reasonably priced

3 weeks later
    #6569 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Interested in finding a V2 WOZ, but might also consider IJ or GOTG

IJ is the best if you can find one....

1 month later
    #6743 3 years ago

Anyone have a nice TSPP they want to part with? If so please reach out

8 months later
    #7171 2 years ago

Anyone use local powder coating services? I've contacted Maas brothers, but their either too busy or not interested

#7173 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Darn! Well since I was the one that just suggested them again, I apologize. I was told over the phone just to walk in with the stuff.
    Since I'm getting a pile ready to get powder coated, I was hoping to use them.

No worries at all...You might have better luck....I'll try and call them again next week

2 months later
    #7296 2 years ago

I'm thinking about trading my CCRLE that I have on order. If anyone is looking for that game and has something on my wish list reach out.

4 months later
    #7575 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsoup:

If you’re in SF and looking for something fun to do in the city.. The Stranger Things experience is a lot of fun and they have a Pro on free play in the Star Court area.. nice touch having all the ST kids names on all the high scores. Anyone looking to trade/sell theirs? I couldn’t get my kid off this game haha!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've seen one for sale on local Craigslist...I think the price is a little high, and its a Pro located in SF

3 weeks later
    #7605 1 year ago

curious why u think it's one of a kind?

#7610 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

It’s an Regular cabinet with LE playfield and boards set with a mirrored back glass. My tech and I spent days swapping and making sure everything is working properly. LOTR and LOTR LE were two different systems. Please let me know if you ever seen one like this… I’m waiting.

I haven't....I have an LE so was just curious, and to be honest I didnt realize they were on two different systems

#7614 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I'm also not aware of any difference in the code. Even the shaker code is in the regular edition. Shaker is easily added.
    Try this Easter egg on your LE. (This code is on the regular edition. )
    6L
    1R
    9L
    1R
    6L
    1R
    9L
    1R
    You will hear Balrog roar. Then when you bash Balrog, it will display the face of Gary Stern.

very cool

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.