Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

566 posts in this topic match your search for posts by practicalsteve. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

A thread for all of us Nor Cal pinheads. I miss the fun of the PAGG 2013 thread so why don't we all get on this one.

Hosting a tournament? (looking at you JonnyO) post it here.

Willing to let others try your games that they cant find on route? Let them know here. I have Taxi and F-14 Tomcat if you are dying to try them out drop me a line if you are in the area.

Have a game for sale? Keep it local and easy.

Looking to buy? Ask around here. I said I was on a buying freeze but think I want to get my first EM.

Need some repair work you just cant figure out on your own? Maybe someone around here will help.

Keep it hella classy Nor Cal.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

If I can ever get my work van back from the body shop, I'll be able to concentrate on getting my gameroom back in order. I might be able to host something on a weekend if there is any interest.

I have so much interest in this! Let me know when your game room is back in order, I really want to check it out still. Been meaning to PM you about it, have been waiting for a couple weeks have passed since PAGG before I ask the wife to take off for a few hours to come by.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from worldofglenn:

Count me in guys! I could host a little something on Tuesday or Wednesday evening next week. I'm finally feeling like I'm getting things halfway decent in the pinball hall, aka garage

Very nice of you! Sadly by the time I get off work and the traffic from there to Petaluma it would be so late. I hope others nearby take you up on this though.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Just spreading the usual propaganda: East Bay Pinball League meets tomorrow night (Thursday). League officially starts at 7:30PM at Phoenix Games in Concord CA.

I am really going to make a huge effort to get in on this league next season. My son will be old enough by then that I should be able to sneak away for league nights... That is unless my wife gets pregnant!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

SFPD has the Summer of George tournament on June 16 and the fall season of the league begins in mid-july and runs until December. Everybody is welcome. We meet at Free Gold Watch in the Haight. Details at http://sfpins.org/

I was literally about to go find the link for this, looks like a good time. I really like the poster I saw on Jonnys blog for it.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from worldofglenn:

Those that want to come visit on the evening of Tues the 4th, PM me. Let's say anytime from 6 to 10 ish..... Want to make sure there is time for practical steve to make it across the 37 if he wants. And that's not too bad of drive, in that direction at that time. 37 to Lakeville highway, go under 101 and I'm just a few blocks down. Maybe 45 minutes or so from El Cerrito.....

Thanks dude! I will let you know, but I have a 15 month old and time away from family is limited so don't count on me, but awesome you are doing this for others.

#30 10 years ago

Maybe everyone already knows about this, but the bay area pinball map is an awesome site! you can look up games on route by city, by specific game etc. It has saved me on more than one occasion when I was stuck somewhere, looked on there and oh hey, there is a RBION at a straw hat pizza 1 mile away! Save it to your phone for emergencies. There are other regions too. You can also add your high scores, and update it, say if you get somewhere and it says the Laundromat had a FT but now has a T2, or if you get there and the game is busted. A good resource for sure.

http://pinballmap.com/bayarea

#54 10 years ago

I recently killed the displays on my F-14 by doing something totally dumb. Read all about it here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-killed-my-f-14-tomcat-tech-help

Anyway, it boils down to me needing a new set of LED displays and not having enough cash. I threw a little mini garage sale in the thread and most everything sold, but no one wanted any of the Pacific Pinball expo posters I have. I have three, I am asking for 8$ each and that includes shipping via UPS, but it needs to be a street adress no PO boxes. I thought maybe someone local may be more interested, PM me if you are.

#55 10 years ago

trying pic again, also now only two left!

DSC_1580.JPGDSC_1580.JPG

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

Going with pinwillie to meat worldofglenn today

Jealous! have fun.

#90 10 years ago

So who saw that ad on Craigslist yesterday around 4pm about the warehouse full of pins and arcade games for insanely low prices? Dying to know if it was real.

#107 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

If any Pinsider wants to play a digital pin (or bring a buddy), please PM me. You bring the beer, and you can play for as long as you like - at least you'll have a better first impression

I would like to do that sometime. His digital pin does not look that hot but the arcade mame that hangs on the wall is pretty damn awesome.

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

More pictures of Willie and I meeting Glenn and there correctly orientated and links to other pinventures.

Nice! What a sweet set up! Gotta admit I would have played a few games on that NARC standup in the back. That was my favorite game back in the day and it never translated well to consoles. I mean come on, junkies throw syringes at you in the game!

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

It's a multicade with really cool lit up joystick knobs that have bubbling inside to catch the light. I got a few games on it, I played METAL SLUG and SMASH T.V. wich used both joysticks.

even more jealous now!

#121 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Getting closer to getting my life back in order, finally got my van back from the body shop yesterday. Yay! Once I get caught back up, I can join in on a pinball System 80 open house. I'll keep y'all posted here.

Looking forward to it, Glad you got the van straightened out.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Cool, and FWIW, I have a custom hyperSpin MAME cab too - it isn't wall mounting.

Would not mind coming over and checking that out sometime.

#133 10 years ago

^^^ and you thought that you were only going to keep BK for a month! Glad you like it so much. Sorcerer is a great game, good luck with the hunt.

1 week later
    #140 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I don't spend a lot of time here, and apparently missed this thread.

It was a good read and certainly I didn't realize there were so many Bay Area guys on pinside.

Robert

Glad to have you.

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

There are two flippers in the bay area. That guy I have a problem with. If you put any newer non-pimped game on the bay area craigslist, he will email you a ridiculously low offer. The first time, I completely ignored it. The second time, I replied back with an attitude hoping it would prevent him from sending any more stupid lowball offers. Didn't work. A few months later, he tried again. I'm talking obscenely low offers.

this guy right? http://pinballpickers.com/

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

There are two flippers in the bay area. That guy I have a problem with.

I have a problem with a guy in the north bay. I know he looks on here, but whatever. He is the guy that a few years back said he ran a home for abandoned youth and asked for people to donate machines and that he and the abandoned youth fix them up and sell them at a garage sale to fund the home. I would email him often and ask when his sales were but he never got back to me ever.

Heard from a fellow pinsider, who will remain nameless, that he donated some pins and video games to him for free because he thought this was such a great thing. Turns out, no abandoned youth, and the guy just turned around and flipped them for a ton of cash. This is the lowest in my book. He no longer puts ads on craigslist saying that because too many people called him out. but if you see an overpriced pin on there in that area, it's most likely him.

#154 10 years ago
    Quoted from jyfly:

I just talked to him a couple of weeks ago about an overpriced Getaway.

You can find one much cheaper if you keep looking, plus it had cabinet fade. I talked to him on the phone one time myself and there was never any mention of "kids" or "abandoned youth" or anything of that nature. Like I said, back in the day when he posted those want to buy ads about the group home and how they fixed and sold pins to fund it he would never reply to my emails about when the sales were and you never saw ads of the flipside of it. Never any ads saying I am SELLING these pins to fund a group home, just ads with overpriced machines.

And I have heard first hand from someone that said they donated stuff just to see it back for sale right away at high prices having had no work done to them.

#221 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Oye! I'm gonna go trout fishing in the Sierras Thursday and check back in on Monday for work. Have fun guys, I know I will.

Ok everyone lets take a cue from blownfuse and "reel it in."

That was an awesome joke.

Jealous Blownfuse I have not been fishing in years. Looking forward to when my son is old enough and I can take him.

#223 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Starting this week, I switch my hours and go to a 4 day work week. Come Thursdays, I'm gone every week until the end of September. I do this every year.

Now thats what I call living. I used to work 4x10's I really liked it.

#231 10 years ago

^^^ well played dude, well played.

#235 10 years ago

Tons of garage sales in the bay area with pins this weekend.

Wizard in Concord- sfbay.craigslist.org link

Ball Night Rider in Mountain view, I emailed them and they said 300$ but gave no pics or info on condition sfbay.craigslist.org link

Two Bally pins (no titles given) in Petaluma sfbay.craigslist.org link

If anyone checks these out report back, I am curious as hell which ones and how much they wanted for Wizard.

1 week later
    #250 10 years ago

Looks like I will be at CAX on sunday morning when it opens until probably late afternoon. Who else will be there?

Also, anyone going selling back glasses? Looking for art for the game room so perfect condition not required.

#252 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

Not quite a backglass, but I've got a a translite from Gladiators that's I'll hook you up with for a case of Budweiser, you can even drink a few while playing Shadow

Ha! I was going to hit you up and come over and play your games but I have been busy all week getting ready for a garage sale I am having on Saturday. I read that your Barracora is having more problems and I am really bummed to hear that. Maybe next week? You going to CAX at all?

#254 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

Yep - Ole' Barracora has been quite the *learning* experience, hopefully will be sorted out soon, not much left on the pin to replace! The few games I've played have been awesome.

I'll be at CAX, not sure when yet.

Hope it is still a good deal at the price you paid for it. Look forward to checking it out.

1 week later
    #255 10 years ago

Got a little nostalgic when searching CL yesterday. Looks like my first machine I ever bought is up for sale, Hurricane. I know the person who bought it off me lived in Gilroy and I had installed those flipper button anti-wear stickers so it must be mine.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

If anyone is interested in Hurricane (I know a lot of people think its a dog, but I think its a fun machine.) This was a pretty nice one aside from the cabinet that has massive fade. The playfield has diamond plate and was super nice. Also I sold it to him for 1500$ so you can probably talk him down from his asking price of 2k$.

#257 10 years ago

Not down here in Oakland, but I am in a warehouse with forklifts so doubt I would.

#260 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What the man paid is irrelevent. It's worth what it's worth.

Of course, not trying to knock the guy or shame him on his price. Just saying as a heads up the guy may wiggle on that price as a friendly service to others on here that may want to get a Hurricane. I feel that in a community like this that insider info is part of the perks of really taking an interest in this hobby. I certainly did not pay the 1500$ I sold it for. I wish the seller luck and hope he gets his asking price.

#262 10 years ago

Playland is a fun spot! Well worth the time.

1 week later
    #281 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

A shout out to practical Steve, congrats on getting a mention on the pinball podcast.

Thanks dude!

Quoted from genex:Also I do a little audio for the Pinball Soul podcast from time to time - current episode has some audio from the Fall Season launch of the SFPD too: http://pinballsoul.com/pinball-soul-podcast-11/

Genes stuff is my favorite part of the pinball soul podcast, really great "man on the street" style interviews.

Quoted from Spybryon:

I can work on boards for you. I read that thread but not sure exactly what you need done?

I can't vouch for the board work personally, but I have met Spybryon and he is a helluva nice guy. He seemed very knowledgeable so if he offered help to me I would fully trust him and let him take a look at it.

Quoted from phishrace:

We met at Legionaire that night you did a kick save on MET while wearing a neck brace.

That's some Chuck Norris style bad assery!

#282 10 years ago

Ha! Has anyone else noticed that Craigslist has become more aggro than usual lately around here?

Copy and pasted because I am sure it wont last

"Sold
    And for you cry baby CL CHEAP BUT HOLES go ahead and flag it again
    Ok for you people waste my time and offer BS lowball offers,,, that doesn't offend?
    Waste a sellers time sending pictures when you HAVE NO MONEY!
    I will say it again!!!!
    Get out of MOMA"S BASMENT and get a Job and stop bugging Honest CL users!
    Sold for asking PRICE"

--Proper spelling will make the insult "Buttholes" much more effective dude.

#285 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

Hey did someone get a Williams pin off CL for $1? Which one?

I saw something a few days ago about landlord selling abandoned tenant property.

I saw that too, it was an EM a go-go. Who knows who go it.

#287 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sea-Monkey:

I'd responded to the ad within 10 minutes of it being posted, but never heard back.

I figure at least 20+ people did and more than likely someone offered some amount of money over 1$ and got put at the front of the line.

#303 10 years ago
    Quoted from missoulaman:

The skill shit is super difficult

How difficult is it?

#309 10 years ago
    Quoted from missoulaman:

Lol! Yes, didn't catch that typo,

Wondered when you were gonna catch that

#325 10 years ago

I am going to go check out Free Gold watch on Friday during the day, its my birthday so f@#k work! Will be there around 11am for a couple of hours (have to pick up my son from childcare around 3:30) so that's my time frame. Also hitting up Amoeba records for some long overdue record shopping. If anyone is around hit me up!

#327 10 years ago
    Quoted from caligirl:

So I played a couple games on the WoZ at FGW on Monday. It was a much nicer experience than playing, or trying to play new games as shows. No one hogged the game, open invites to others watching or lurking, when new games were started. People sharing all that they had learned so far about different modes and shots. If was obvious that most that were interested in it, and playing were pinheads, not off the street people. Keep up the good camaraderie pinheads!
    And thanks to the collector who had no where else to put the game, and sharing it with us all.

I was glad to see them somewhat busy mid day on a Monday.

And as someone else mentioned, they are lax on bringing in brown bags to sip from. Although, I took advantage of one of the bars on Haight before going in, hitting happy hour and enjoying draft over bottle. Easily one could make a good afternoon of pinball, lunch, drinks, pinball, happy hour, more pinball.

Did they have a change machine there or should I hit up the Laundromat on my way out?

#329 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

They have a change machine that is usually working fine

Thanks for the tip Gene! Hope to meet you sometime at one of the local events.

#331 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Definitely! You should drop in on league night next Wednesday if you can make it - not sure how far you are but it's a great group of people.

Not far at all, just across the bridge. Will have to see if I am free that night.

#333 10 years ago

Thanks Willie! Want to come up and see that new pin soon!

#349 10 years ago

I think I need to check out scandia sometime, nice line up!

1 week later
    #353 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I'm about to pull the trigger on a remote Black Hole -- anyone thinking about letting one go local, kindly please -- speak up now...! =)
    thanks!
    -mof

Good luck! Pulling the trigger on this rare one?

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

1 week later
    #378 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Old spinner stickers vs the new ones:

Woah! Talk about an upgrade!

#379 10 years ago

Not to start up the whole "snap rag flipper" argument again (even though I pretty much am). Anyone else happen to notice around midday a TSPP get posted on CL for 3700$ Coincidence that the ad is gone and now there is a TSPP in a different city on CL for 2250$? I hope that the first one went to someone that really wanted it and isn't simply being flipped hours later. At least play it for a month, clean it up, SOMETHING before you turn around and offer it for 550$ more. Rant over.

#382 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Are you sure it went from 3700 to 2250? I don't think that's how flipping works.

Doh! I misstyped, the second ad is for 4250, so if it is being flipped they make 550$

I hear exactly what you are saying, heck I don't even have the kind of money lying around an old Bally Night Rider commands. But I did email my friend locally thats looking for a new pin. It's just when someone does that its such a douche move, one step up from the guy who posts FIRST in comments sections on websites. Earning money just because you happen to be near a computer, and don't have to work that day (or have a job) just seems like low class.

I have learned who and who not to deal with around here, and like you said the best deals you get are from friends and collectors.

1 week later
    #383 10 years ago

Hey Sacramento pinsiders, I want to join the Sacramento Pinball Group on Yahoo, anyone want to vouch for me? Hope I am not blowing you up by asking on here. I know I am slightly out of the Sacramento area, but have friends and family up there so go up that way often. Thanks in advance!

#386 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

The group has been on approval for a while, just to filter out spammers. I am sure one of the mods will ok you. Just make sure to introduce yourself when you get approved!

Thanks! Will do it tomorrow.

#392 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

Incase anyone is interested have 4 pins for sale / for trade right now (Spy Hunter, Big Guns, Firepower II, Alien Poker project). I prefer trades but will definitely sell them if you want to do that instead:

That Big Guns is sooo tempting, but don't think I can let go of my F-14 just yet, Good luck though!

#395 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Darn you, PinWillie, you made me watch the whole movie! (it's the whole thing, haha)

Warrrrrioorrrrs.... come out and plaaaaaayyyyy!

#396 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Anyone else got a machine they are thinking of swapping/trading/selling?
    -mof

I thought your GF put the foot down, trying to cram ten in now?

#400 10 years ago
    Quoted from missoulaman:

Anyone else missing PPE? (Sigh)

oh yeah. Its such a bummer that the next big pinball event is not until May, that's 8 months away!

#409 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I just finished my Bally Wizard! Playfield swap. It was my first playfield swap, and it's also my first EM. I just purchased it a few months back, and I'm very happy that there were no "real" problems during the swap.

That's a beauty!

#420 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

So who picked up the $100 Gold Wings?

Gone already huh. I bet you a six pack of beer that we see it on CL tomorrow for 950 out of Santa Rosa.

Heard you are selling barracora, whats next to get for you?

#441 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Bump for Tourney at Hi-Life Pizza tomorrow in Oakland!

I'll have two t-shirts to raffle off, plus some coupons for free beer or a slice. And some other odds and ends.

I will be there, any other pinsiders going I have not met in person yet?

#448 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Someone buy my spider man!

Someone loan me the money to buy his Spider Man!

#454 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

I'm selling a Flight 2000 for a friend asking $1100
    PM me if interested

Good luck Willie!

1 week later
    #524 10 years ago

^^^ I am down for this. When should we do it?

#533 10 years ago

@mrgone

It was really sosages idea but I could coordinate or help set it up. I'm in Mexico on a crappy kindle right now.so it sucks to type, but can jump on this when I'm home. Lets do a quick poll though. Which do people prefer:

1. On a Friday night
    2. Saturday open till whenever
    3. Saturday eve until closing
    4. Sunday open until whenever.

#534 10 years ago

^^^ this is for a pinside ppm get together. Stupid kindle = no quoting posts.

#545 10 years ago

Ok, sounds like so far Sunday is the popular vote. For a bunch of guys that spend thousands on machines you all are sure concerned about a couple bucks for parking

#551 10 years ago

@jonnyo, good point, I will take that into consideration.

@pinwillie- ha! Funny you should say that. Have you ever heard the expression "I need a vacation from my vacation?" Hard to believe but this trip sucks balls. I already joked to my wife that i could have bought a nib machine for how much I spent on this godawful trip. Shes having just as lousy a time as me. will shoot you an email when I get home and vent about it.

#555 10 years ago

Woo hoo! Made it home! Will start planning soon. Want to send some Pm's out to other people who also wanted to do a PPM meet up and see if they have any ideas as well.

#556 10 years ago

I sent out PMs to Sosage and TDA but have not heard back, wondering if its a problem with PM'S and the move to the new server and updates. Let me know.

#560 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

For name cards we could just ask that everyone that shows up bring something to tell others what their Pinside handle is to keep it simple. So you would not have to find out all that are coming in advance and make them. A good time for the meet up may be from 1-3 or something like that.

If someone can design a simple 3" x 5" id badge that just has the pinside logo spaces for our pinside name and our real name it would be simple (and free) for me to make some super nice laminated id badges we can save and use at PAGG and other events. We can just write our names in with permanent marker.

#565 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

If I have enough time before the event I can put together the graphics for a name card real quick. An event poster I'd love to do, but I have 3-4 other pinball-related posters in the pipeline that I haven't even started yet. So that's not gonna be likely

No worries at all! I only posted in the thread because there have been a lot of people having trouble with PM's lately. I understand you are busy, I get plenty busy too. I am fine coordinating the meet up if you don't have the time.

Quoted from Miguel351:

Do a forum search for Pinside lanyard and you'll see we've already kind of done it....

No one else really seemed all that interested. Here's mine:

That looks great! I want to make a generic one that is not specific for each persons name and avatar. I can print a whole bunch that way, laminate them, and then people can write their names in. They look professional, ten mil glossy lamination, hole drilled with a metal grommet. They would last for years. I could even print a ton of extras and save them for PAGG and leave them at the front so people can just grab one when they go in and fill it out themselves.

#566 10 years ago

So if anyone else has designing skills and wants to design a poster for the event let me know. I can print them on nice thick card stock and 100% of proceeds will go back to pinside. I will ask around with people I know to at least get an ID badge done, so that will happen. I would rather someone into pinball do the poster art, make something nice and special people will want to pay a couple of bucks for and hang in their gameroom.

#588 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Any updates on the ppm meet up. I'm very excited for this to happen.

Well, I looked into renting the party room, its 50$ an hour plus everyone still has to pay admission. I don't think we really need to do that, that just lets us bring in food or drinks, I am more interested in actually playing pinball not eating snacks in a room with no pins in it. I still need to find someone to design ID badges, but I don't see that being a problem, I will get those done. Poster would be cool, but I don't think I will have time to design one. Like I said if someone designs one I can print them for free and we can sell with 100% of proceeds going to Pinside. I think we just need to settle on a date and time.

I am thinking Saturday Nov 9th. Holidays not in full effect yet so people should still be around, plus its a three day weekend. Seems far enough away that people should still have it open. I know we will have to pay for parking on Saturday but some people said if it was on a Sunday they would pass for football (how that can take priority over pinball I just don't understand.)

So how does Saturday Nov 9th sound? Official time 1pm-4pm. Of course no one is going to stop you from getting there early or from staying after that, just try and plan that the majority of your time there is in that time frame so you can meet some fellow pinsiders.

#594 10 years ago

Nice, glad to hear that date is already open for a bunch of people, should be a ton of fun!

#598 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Not to complicate things though. Just, "let's meet at ppm at X date and time" works.

Agreed, I think the simpler the better as well. I also like the idea of rotating locations.

#604 10 years ago
    Quoted from welder74:

What does it take to be in this "nor-cal members only" ? Sorry but late to this thread

Takes living in Nor Cal, you're in!

#610 10 years ago

There is a possibility of some very exciting stuff at the PPM meet up, I need to keep quiet about it until it is ironed out but you won't want to miss it! I will keep you all posted.

#614 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Pamela Anderson autographs?
    -mof

Quoted from Mycal:

I heard a rumor about hookers, blow and a bouncy house...

Keep dreaming guys!

1 week later
    #632 10 years ago

Quick update on the Pacific Pinball Museum meet up. Still happening, waiting to hear about a potential exciting addition. Id badges have been designed and will be there. Hope to see you all there!

#639 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

What time is it on the 9th...all day or something else?

Robert

I have the "official" time as set between 1pm and 4pm. Of course you could come earlier or stay later, but I set that time as a goal for everyone to be there in that time frame more or less so we can meet each other.

There may be something special going on at a set time, but unconfirmed as of right now. I will update as soon as I have all the info.

#644 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I'm going to try to make it.

Steve

Quoted from chriskd:

Count me in for the 9th!

Great! Would be really great to see you again Steve.

Quoted from genex:

I'm outta town for a shoot so can't make it unfortunately!

Quoted from mof:

Busy that day, will catch the next one !
    -mof

Get your priorities straight gentlemen!

#645 10 years ago

Heads up guys! Super rare coca cola pinball machine on CL. Only 450$! get it while the gettings good!

Also, who knows the story behind those phantom CL posts lately. Usually it just says "pinball machine 500$" and when you open it theres a huge rant about how the guy hates crybabies and poor people and how he got his asking price on some pin he does not reference. I would post a link but they get flagged immediately.

#649 10 years ago

Hey everyone, I started a thread specifically for the PPM meet up. Please do me a favor and pop over there and RSVP. even if you already said here that you were coming. I need a rough head count for ID badges and other stuff. Thanks

please note! I changed the start time to noon, let me know if you will be there at noon.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-meet-up-at-the-pacific-pinball-museum-rsvp#post-1204022

#652 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Sat pm bump

Did anyone see the F-14 on Sac CL for $1400? I'm not in the market for a new pin but still feel compelled to look sometimes lol.

Quoted from borstalshark:

I just saw that as well, although I also do not know why I'm even looking!

Damn, for 1400 I would at least expect it to have the correct plastic on the right slingshot. And buy new decals for the landing lock and Yagov shot buddy. Those are way faded and you can get them for like 10 bucks.

Also I am not in the market either but I am right there with you both, I am checking CL constantly!

BTW, if either of you want an F-14 down the road mine looks much nicer and I would not be asking 1400$

#667 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I let him know about us here and about spg. please guys, use the link in my previous post and email him. let him know that we will support him and spend lots of money if he will get 5 or 6 pins so we can have a league night here in sacramento. thanks for the support fellow pinsiders.

Hope you guys can convince him!

#683 10 years ago

Hey Sosage, when did you get a hollywood heat? Thats sweet! You gotta let me come by and check out your lineup sometime.

1 week later
    #686 10 years ago

In case you missed it in the other thread, here are the id badges for the meet up at PPM this weekend. They will be available at the front desk, picture does not show it but there will be holes at the top and lanyards attached, I will provide markers so you can write their names.

Also don't feel like you have to RSVP, just come if you can, even if you don't decide until the last minute. Hope to see you there!

Final ID badge.jpgFinal ID badge.jpg
    #687 10 years ago

Also, these are laminated and I made a ton. I will be brining them to PAGG this year as well.

#692 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Sweet - wish I could make it! I want one of those badges

I have plenty, next time Jonny has a local tourney I will bring you one.

Quoted from starbase:

Awesome work Steve sorry I cannot attend this.

Too bad. Maybe next time. I hope to make this a every few months event, maybe rotate it between different hot spots in the bay area.

#693 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

awesome. I cant wait till Saturday. great job steve and thanks.

You are very welcome. You have been a great champion of this meet up, very enthusiastic which has made planning it very rewarding. Looking forward to meeting you!

#695 10 years ago

^^^^ for sure! They have that awesome see through surfer there, if you have never seen it, it is amazing! And you never need to ask me twice to play a game of Wizard.

#699 10 years ago

Friendly reminder. PPM meet up tomorrow! See you there.

#702 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Where can we find a Big Game in Nor Cal to play ?

I think playland not at the beach has one.

1 week later
    #731 10 years ago

The PAGG countdown begins! My wife already suggested this year that I spend the night and stay two days, can't wait!

#733 10 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

& hopefully PPE is back too.

Unfortunately I would not hold my breath on that one, They are busy trying to expand the museum and move across town to a very beautiful location.

#742 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Great news, courtesy of Jonny O's cool blog: http://pinballbayarea.com/2013/11/18/pacific-pinball-museum-may-have-new-home/

The Pacific Pinball Museum may have a really cool new home. An ornate Carnegie Library from 1902 that will triple the # of pins on display. "PPM needs to raise some $3.5 million in the next two years in order to make "the Smithsonian of Pinball" in Alameda a reality." I'm down for helping out with future fund raising!

Yes to this! I also hope to help however I can.

#750 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

I've got one in Oakland you're welcome to put some games on.

did you buy that sweet alternate translate Aurich made?

#754 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Saturday bump. Lets play some pinball.

I hear that! Having people over tonight to play some pins! Finally have all of the issues with Fun House ironed out and still has the factory high scores so I have a feeling it will get pretty heated. Still want someone to overtake my high scores on F-14 Tomcat and give me a challenge. My friend that is SUPER competitive is coming over so it should be good. I had hoped that my newest pin World Fair would be up and running but sadly its not going to happen. Hope to have that going by Christmas.

What have you got planned Mr. Gone?

DSC_2101.JPGDSC_2101.JPG
    #757 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I have to go out and do some onsite photos and measurements for a large project for work. Since I'm going to be all over Sacramento I will be checking out some location pins and looking to see if I can find a new pin or 2 that are that are not yet listed on pinball map.

Nice! Happy hunting!

1 week later
    #777 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Jonny O just posted the $7 PPM groupon in case you guys didn't already see it on his awesome site. Direct link:
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/pacific-pinball-museum-2?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu

That is a helluva deal!

Quoted from mrgone:

Saturday night bump. who's playing pinball?
    I played a few games after some margarita's. now im sitting in the lazy boy and watching star wars.

You and your time machine, how did you make it a day ahead already

Too tired after working all day for any pinball tonight. Hope to get a chance to watch the TOP DVD I got this week on restoring a '64 World Fair, which is fortunately the exact EM in my gameroom I am trying to get up and running.

1 week later
    #783 10 years ago

So who has a Getaway, High Speed or rollergames that I can come play?

I plan on selling my F-14 Tomcat around April - May (PAGG time) and have been contemplating what I will do next. Right now its a four way tie between those games and T2 which I plan to play over at Phoenix games which has been a place high on my to go list for quite some time now. I am actually thinking of going there next Friday on the early side of the day (around noon) so if anyone else has the day off and wants to meet up I am very welcome to that.

I have played all these games before and love them all, but its been a while so I would like to get some time in so I can make a better decision. I know PPM has a high speed but (not knocking them at all) theirs has a big issue that every time I play it I end up disappointed when I walk away. The ball should go up the ramp on the plunge and a good 75% of the time it does not make it. I don't want a game not playing 100% to color my decision. High Speed and Getaway are neck and neck at the top of that list but I need to put more time into Getaway to really make a decision and save the extra cash that I will need for it. I saw a few places on the pinball map that have Getaway but they are either a long haul and the only game on location, or the one close by is an at an auto place and it seems like an awkward place to go play a pin. Rollergames is not on the map anywhere and I am very on the fence about that as well. Did not grab me at PAGG last year, but played it at CAX and was really loving it, so I figure at least one more session is needed.

So absolutely no rush as this will not happen for a few months, but anyone that wants to let me stop by, I will bring the beer!

Also, same goes both ways. Right now I have Taxi, F-14 Tomcat, and a really well playing Funhouse at my home that if anyone wants to put some time on they are welcome to do so.

#785 10 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

I have a Getaway, but currently having two issues that I am trying to fix. Haven't had time recently to even work on it. Hoping to get it done this weekend. If I get it working 100%, your welcome to come play it.

Thanks! very kind of you.

#787 10 years ago

^^ no apologies! I started this thread in part for local sales to fellow pinsiders. I encourage it! Good luck with your sale.

#798 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

If you are willing to drive to sac, come on over!

Thank you!

Quoted from nvu4prod:

Hi Steve, your welcome to come over to my place and play HS, Getaway or any other pins I have. All games are currently 100% working. Just had Rob Anthony aka Borygard over to dial in a few issues I had on MNF and Whirlwind. What a great guy!

Offer is open anytime, just shoot me an email. Thanks again for the PPM outing last month, it was great!!

Nick

and thank you! I will admit I was secretly hoping you would reply since you have both! I will hit you up soon.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Steve I think Getaway is the standout. Rollergames is also fun. HS is a classic but a fairly simple game overall.

Kinda my thoughts as of right now as well.

#803 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

has anyone looked at the bk2k on c/l? usually they get snapped up quick. I was just wondering.

From what I heard it was not worth it. Maybe if he comes down in price.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Steve, I have a getaway.

Robert

Thank you as well! so many kind offers. Seems like a lot of Getaway owners, how long have you all had them, how are they lasting in your collections?

Quoted from starbase:

Who got the T2 for 1600 in Petaluma? My guess Sean Casey. Was gone by the time I emailed.

Wish it was me, I would be all over one at that price. That game always seems to pop up every few months at a great price, another game I am contemplating making my next.

#810 10 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Steve, if you are in the area or want to make the drive, I have a nice Getaway you can play.

Sean

Thank you for the offer!

#822 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sea-Monkey:

I finally made it to Free Gold Watch. Since I just live a couple of miles away, I'm not sure why I hadn't gone before. Had a blast, and will definitely be returning.

Such a great spot!

+++++++++++++++++

Unrelated, all you guys that go to Phoenix out in Concord I have two questions as I have never been there. They are cool if I come in on the early side of the day (around noon) just to play pins? Also, do they have a change machine?

#825 10 years ago
    Quoted from micro:

Hi Steve.

Yes, you are welcome and encouraged to play pins at any time during business hours. If you play Thursday night, you can hang with all the cool kids, and they will stay open later for us in League.

And yes, they do have a change machine.

I hear rumor that a Star Trek, "fancy edition" may make its way there before long....

Chris

Thank you sir! I have long wanted to join your league but getting there after work would be problematic. Excited to check it out on Friday though.

Checking again if anyone else has the day off and wants to join me for a couple of hours. Let me know.

#831 10 years ago

Thanks a lot pawnstars! Check out this CL ad

I will copy and paste it below, also the pic of the pin was a total stock photo, not of the actual machine.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hi,
    Time for me to part with my beloved 1973 Odds and Evens Pinball Machine, great working condition, bought originally in 1973, stayed in the family, all new rubbers and lights, same model seen in movie "How to be a player" and sold on TV show "Pawn Stars" for $3,000. I'm asking for half that.
    Great addition to any house, fun piece of playable art, ties any room together, offers hours of fun for all ages.
    Thanks.
    Email me.

#834 10 years ago

Last call, going to Phoenix games tomorrow around noonish but can move the time around depending if anyone local is off and wants to meet up. I have to leave by 2:30 though.

#857 10 years ago

finally got to check out phoenix games in Concord yesterday. Great line up! Whoever operates those machines keeps them in super nice shape. They had a STLE there and it changed my mind on that game, it is really fast and fun! I played a game and got four different multi balls, put up the third place high score, and had very little idea what the rules were. A really great game for a casual player to walk up to. The side rails lit up were really sweet, its just gorgeous. I did activate the starfield projector and I do have to say thats kind of a dud. Very underwhelming. But overall an amazing game! The staff were really nice too, opened the back room and let me play the games there. T2 was just pulled out which was a bummer as I really wanted to put some time on it since I am thinking of buying one in the future, but no big. If you are in the area I highly recommend dropping in.

#861 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Is pinball open to the public during regular business hours? Any secret handshakes? I thought when I looked into it last Winter, it was a "no".
    -mof

Well they definitely have all of the A list games just sitting in the back of the store open to the public. STLE, MM, SS, SW trilogy, and a couple others I cant recall off the top of my head. Then when I mentioned I had come from about 40 min away they were nice enough to let me in the back room where they had some older titles, only about 5. TFTC, Diner, TAF, and a couple of others.

#862 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

I agree the STLE is a blast! Unboxed last night

NICE! I know you were stoked to get that. Side rails are sweet.

#868 10 years ago

Whoops, maybe I should not have said anything...

#882 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I've actually got my gameroom coming back together, just need to get a few more games working correctly, a playfield swap completed, also a couple of friends games shopped and out of here. Then I was thinking about doing a Pinside open house, I'll update later once I feel more comfortable on a date and time. Anyone interested in playing a bunch of old System 80 games? I know these games aren't everyone's "cup of tea" but I like them, just trying to have something different.

The "up and running" list so far, The Amazing Spiderman, Volcano, Pink Panther, Goin' Nuts, Spirit, Rocky, Black Hole, Mars, God of War, Rack Em Up, Alien Star, Time Line. And the one odd ball, Joust (because there's no good place to store it ... and it's fun) Have to fix Punk, Counterforce, Bounty Hunter, Devil's Dare. I don't know if I have the room for more System 80's at this time but I'll pack more in if I can clear some space.

Steve

I would be so in for this! Even if all you had was Pink Panther running I would be there!

#894 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Should be better soon. Hoping to go back to work tues or wed.

Don't rush yourself! Rest up and take care.

#901 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

So here's the deal....

I live in Pismo Beach, which is too far north to be So Cal and too far south to be considered No Cal. I'm at the halfway point between the Bay Area and L.A.... The no man's land known as the "Central Coast".

So, what I'm trying to say is... Can I play too??

All right! Welcome aboard Tony! Tony sold me my F-14 Tomcat, he is a really great guy who I never get to see enough. A welcome addition to this thread and if you ever happen to need to sell to him or buy from him do it with confidence!

#904 10 years ago

Had some people over this evening, this was my favorite pic of the night. Gotta start them young. My brother in law was way into them to, he always takes an interest when he comes over, but I feel like maybe this time he almost went over the edge in deciding to buy one. I am going to get him there so I will have one to play when I go over there. Let me know if anyone has a Cyclone they want to sell, I bet I could convince him.

DSC_2248.JPGDSC_2248.JPG
    #917 10 years ago

And a merry Christmas to you Mr. Gone!

#918 10 years ago

Just played the game of my life on Taxi in the few remaining minutes before Christmas officially ends. Put up a 6.3 mil score, which is probably something many of you do on your head, but was a personal best on my machine. I almost pulled a Christmas Miracle when I collected the jackpot and almost collected the second much harder reverse jackpot on the same ball. Fun stuff, this game confirmed that Taxi is staying for a while.

Had a fun thought, in another thread I was talking about sequels to original themes I would love to see and said how about a Taxi 2014? Made me think tonight, who would be the new passengers to replace Gorbie, Pinbot, Marilyn/Lola, Santa and Dracula? Think they would need an update? I am going to bed but am going to think about it and come back with my new five for Taxi 2014 tomorrow.

#932 10 years ago

I never revisited my Taxi Post from a few days ago. The more I think about it, if anything I would love to convert it to a "Taxi Driver" pin. I think this is such a great movie, especially if you look deeper into it beyond the whole you "talking to me?" scene with the guns up his sleeves.

I would keep all of the rules the same, but now you are Travis Bickle picking up the other main characters from the movie. There are plenty of great sound bites beyond the obvious ones like "Suck on this" and "I should get one of those signs that says One of these days I'm gonna get organezized". The theme music is so good too, I think it would work really well. someday when I am rich and retired I will do this.

#940 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

High scores on both machine from NES. No surprises here.

I am only surprised around here when NES is not the high score!

#949 10 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

thanks bud, the godzilla appears to be sold. I have a guy driving 7 hours each way tomorrow morning at 1am to arrive at my house by 8am, lol. (really wants a godzilla I guess)

wow! that guy really needs a Godzilla! Does not come up for sale often I guess.

#951 10 years ago

has anyone ever been to autoglass on the move in Oakland? The pinball map says they have a getaway. Its the only one close by. Seems like it would be an awkward place to go play a pin, anyone ever been?

#954 10 years ago

Ha! Its more that it's in Oakland and I don't feel like making a trip to find its super beat up. I think if it was at a strip club I already would have made the trip because that would be too funny. No ma'am I don't want a private dance, can't you see I am about to start multi ball?

#958 10 years ago

You list a pinball machine for 800$ in your CL ad for your garage sale and these are the pics you show? You think they would put ONE pic of the machine, or the go kart even!

When the ad goes away let the record show that the pics were like a hoarders house with tons of junk you could not even figure out what was what.

#969 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

anyone up for another meet up? maybe playland. I cant hold out until pagg. I needs me some pinball and good conversation with other addicts.

I think having one in February might be in order. I looked into the "adults" night at Playland and unfortunately they are on tuesday nights from 6pm to 10pm which anyone thats not local would have a really hard time getting to. If you have never been there on a weekend it can get very busy with kids starting four player games plunging one ball and then running off. Its still a great time and I am not apposed.

There is also Free Gold Watch in San Francisco, or if anyone has a really large collection and wants to open it up to pinsiders that is an option as well.

#971 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I know it's a short notice thing but I'll have a little free time tonight if someone wants to drop by, can't fit a big crowd in though. PM for address.

Steve

awww of all the nights to be busy! Damn!

#975 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I just saw a radical on sf/bay area c/l for 1,600
    if anyone here is looking for one.

I was VERY tempted to contact the seller and see if they would do a trade for my F-14 but I told myself NO. I need to stick to my plan! Keep saving my $ and if I wait a few months when I sell it I can get a getaway or T2. I am trying my best to stick to my guns. I think if a HS or Rollergames came up for trade I would not be able to stop myself though.

#979 10 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Its been on there a while. It started around $2k I believe.

Yeah, and he is finally coming down and rightly so. Radical is not a 2k game, he is still a little high in my opinion. If you look close at the pictures in the ad it looks like all of the GI on the right side is out, probably just a connector or a fuse, but when you ask top dollar you need to provide top product. I really like radical though, still tempted, but I think I would regret it after all was said and done.

#980 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Thank god someone cool posted this:
    re: 4 pinball machines $2000 Each Or Best Offer - $2000 (san mateo) (san mateo)
    Be advised that these pins have been stored OUTSIDE UNDER A TARP for the past few months. Proceed with caution.

Yikes, there is a white water in the photos but not listed in the ad. San Mateo does have some of the nicest weather in the bay area, but you still should not be leaving your machines under a tarp.

#989 10 years ago

I contacted them a couple months ago about the WH2O and it was a total waste of time. The seller had seen a WH2O listed for $12,000 and made that his benchmark for a top condition example. His was not top condition, but he was still way up in the clouds.

Too bad, those pins are going to rot in his yard at this rate. Cant stand when people just wont get over what they think their pins are worth and wont realize that condition dictates price.

#993 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Thanks for the invite though. Being new to the group it would be nice to start interacting with the hobbyists a bit more around the area.

Make sure you mark your calendar for Pin a Go Go may 16-18 in Dixon CA. The best pinball show in Northern CA. You can probably meet everyone in the hobby if you stay long enough.

#999 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

anybody make it to the PPM new years party?

I know Jonnyo did, looked like fun wish I could have gone.

Good luck with the stencil, is that for Paddock?

#1005 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

well, he did lower the price from 2,500 each to 2,000 each. maybe in a month they can be had for a realistic price.
    I would love to put an earth shaker next to my whirlwind.

Just in time for it to rain and really ruin them. I can see the next ad, some water damage, all machines 1800$ each.

#1008 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I could pose as an encyclopedia salesman.

Ha! Now talk about a dead profession!

#1012 10 years ago

Just sold my TOM for $4850. Took about 2 months to move it, and it didn't go to a collector. Further proof these upcoming titles sucked up all the money.

wow, thats surprising it took that long and I think you came down on your original price as well. I think you are right that the new stuff is definitely taking a share of the $4,000+ pin market.

Curious, you say that it did not go to a collector, who did it go to? Did they already have other pins? What age bracket were they in?

#1017 10 years ago

The buyer was a young guy in his 30s, brand new to the hobby. TOM is now his first game.

Good for him!

Quoted from lb1:

MM was a wake up call for folks who looked at it as an investment.

agree 100%. I too have seen at least a plateauing of game prioces around here, we still get those high bay area prices and people unrealistic of what they have, but deals are to be had again.

#1019 10 years ago

Who wants to do a small scale informal pin crawl in Oakland with me next week? I figured start around 6pm when I get off work, I am open to Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday depending on who (or if anyone) wants to do this. I figured we would start at:

Stork club @ 2330 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94612
    Current line up according to pinball map is
    High Roller Casino
    South Park
    T2
    (not a great line up, but I am really hot to play T2 after watching Bowens tutorial, plus I am considering getting a T2 as my next game. So we don't have to stay long at this spot)

Then its a quick two block walk to
    Legionnaire saloon @ 2272 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94612
    Current line up according to pinball map is
    Demo man
    Metallica pro
    Monster bash (with color dmd!)
    Scared Stiff

Then I figure we could end it with a quick drive over to
    Ricos diner/high life pizza (whatever you want to call it) @ 400 15th St, Oakland CA
    Line up there according to pinball map is
    Attack From Mars
    Batman Dark Night
    Circus Voltaire
    Indiana jones (Williams)
    Radical!
    Star Trek Pro
    Whirlwind

So starts at 6pm, not going too late, I figure a half hour or so at Stork club, an hour at Legionnaire more or less, then whatever time you want to go till at High Life.

Any Interest? Let me know which day you are interested in.

#1023 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Tuesday and Wednesday, Mads and Mikkel would definitely be game. They're both world-class players and super cool. On Thursday we're likely headed to BAPA or EBPL. Let's go get some grand champs!

I am down for either day, and the Danes are more than welcome to come. Would be great if you are around as well. Also sending you a PM about a guy that's frequently at your tourneys that I don't believe is on here. Want to get contact info for him.

#1034 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

move his machines with him so they can collect dust for another 10+ years in his garage.

would not surprise me if we saw them on CL for the next ten years, just out of his garage instead of storefront.

#1055 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I dream of the day! I don't cook anyhow

Why settle Gene? You can have the best of both worlds.

#1059 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

$2500 for a Grand Lizard! and I felt dueschey for asking $900 for mine another person using ebay as a price reference most likely. 15 years in thier home thats a 13 year gap from production so that doesn't mean diddly.

I saw that, good luck buddy!

#1096 10 years ago

Any pinsiders here selling that Rollergames on CL? I emailed them to see if they wanted to do a trade for F-14.

#1101 10 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

The one that had been there for a while, along with the "HUO" Monopoly and at some point RBION?

I think he is talking about one on CL yesterday for 150$, it was the EM not roller coaster tycoon.

#1132 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

If anyone wants a eatpm and wants to really overpay.....

sacramento.craigslist.org link

(He wants to turn a profit!)

Are you kidding me!?!? What an ass hat! Why the hell did they mention it was bought with an inheritance?!? The nerve to say how much they paid and how much profit they want to make, what a douche. Thats why I will never get to own a EATPM, people always across the board want way to much for them.

#1142 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I just found it funny how the ad was worded. Feel bad for the person because if they really did pay 3.5k for that game, they were raked over those coals a couple of times.

Yeah, too bad they did not do their homework.

Quoted from sosage:

It's more odd than anything. Why mention the inheritance? Is that supposed to add 1500 worth of sympathy on top of the 3500? Stuff like this just tosses up "avoid" red flags in my head (aside from the price).

seriously, its like those ads where someone says they are getting divorced or hit hard times and need cash badly. Its either a dubious tactic, or just makes the buyer feel bad.

#1144 10 years ago

Who is going to take the gamble on the High Speed project up in Cotati? Having no MPU kills it for me, I just looked on ebay and those are like $300+

#1147 10 years ago

Not saying it's a bad deal at all, just much more of a project than I am looking for.still secretly hoping dsuperbee puts his up for sale

#1156 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jose:

Down to 2K now in the CL ad...

Looks like they came to their senses.

#1161 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

While nobody ever "wants" to pay >$2K for any Sys11 in 2014, I will say Elvira seems to be on the "rarer" side of things on CL. If I were hunting for a good one (which I am not) I'd likely move on one below $2000.

Agreed, if I had the money would be tempted to take a look at that price, usually you only see EATPM for around $2500, at least in our area.

#1207 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

Shout out to Johnny O and all his support of the local community. Sounds like he is taking a break.

http://pinballbayarea.com/2014/01/28/so-long/

You absolutely helped grow the pin scene in the Bay Area. I didn't always attend events, but the ones I did were greatly appreciated, well run and fun.

If you get the itch, you're always welcome to come enjoy a cold beverage and play whatever pins I have.

-Dylan

This was such a bummer to see in my inbox this morning. I have loved pinball as long as I can remember, but two years ago when I realized I could make it my hobby (more like lifestyle) I saw a post on pinside about one of his tourneys and I started going. It was always so welcoming and so much fun, even though I never seem to rise above the middle of the pack. He has always been such a nice guy and I have always made sure to thank him every time for all of his hard work that he has put into this. In my mind we have really lost a bay area legend in the pinball scene today.

I have always looked forward to his blog posts, and always enjoyed reading them.

He was a great help in hooking me up with Michael from PPM for our meet up, and because of him we got a great history lesson that would not have happened otherwise.

I don't know if its because of long going feelings he has had that led to an eventual burn out, not enough time with other stuff in his life, or if it was due to a recent incident that happened last week that has caused him to quit, but I hope that after a break Jonny you can come back to the hobby.

Take care

#1209 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

So usually UPS delivers in my neighborhood around 6-7p (late).

EXCEPT for yesterday. Promptly there at 10a, which means I missed delivery of my HS PF.

CURSE YOU UPS! (Hard to seriously complain. the USPS would have tried to hide it under the doormat)

Isn't it always that way? looking forward to pics and hearing about the swap process.

#1211 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I hope he has a restful and relaxing time away from the hobby. But, if Pat Lawlor can come back to pinball, so can JohnnyO.

Love it!

#1213 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I will post pics as soon as I get the PF unwrapped and set aside to allow to fully cure. I really would like to have it done for PAGG, but that may be pushing it. (Not much time right now to work on such projects!)

awww come on, you still have 107 days!

#1218 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I know, it is my severe lack of personal time right now (plus the extra money I need to do it right) that will keep it from getting done. Bills from my surgery from Dec are rolling in, and needless to say, even after what my ins covered, its a lot more than what I have sitting around right now.....

Just giving you a hard time, I pretty much have zero free time as well. I hope you get all of your bills taken care of, just rest up so you can make it to PAGG.

#1233 10 years ago

Not my Taxi, but you seldom see these come up for sale on CL around these parts. Heads up for the Nor Cal crowd.

#1254 10 years ago

I am right in the middle of a top side tear down in preparation of selling my F-14 Tomcat. So start saving your $$$ guys!

WP_000329.jpgWP_000329.jpg WP_000330.jpgWP_000330.jpg
    #1258 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Looking good - I really wanted the F-14 back when I still had my BK2K. I think they would've sat really nice together.

You going for the Rollergames?

Verrrrrrry tempted, I mean really tempted, But I have a good chunk of change set aside already and I have a year end bonus coming this week (could be $50 for all I know.) I am really trying to get a pin in the next price tier. I have not had a dmd in about two years. I am hoping a Getaway, WCS '94, or T2 comes up for sale soon in my budget.

#1260 10 years ago
    Quoted from ThatGuy:

If you don't get the bonus you're looking for and get a jelly-of-the-month club membership don't go all Chevy Chase and kidnapp your boss.

Ha! I actually thought of my boss while watching that over the holidays. One time all of his tires were slashed and windows busted on his mercedes at work. Suffice it to say he is not very popular.

#1273 10 years ago
    Quoted from caligirl:

Just as you may not care to engage in the dialogue on the matter, there are others who could care less about an F-14...

as the person selling the F-14 and who started this thread thanks a ton.

Also I think Sosage was making a JOKE I think at this point the thing everyone is forgetting is that everyone was MAKING A JOKE in the first place. Belles and chimes was making a joke with their flyer, Jonny was certainly making a joke with his forum post and PROMOTION of their event. At this point we have ALL gotten a little touchy about this subject, everyone across the board in my opinion. Jonny made a tasteless joke, I believe he apologized, at this point it seems we are all beating out heads against all wall making the same points over and over trying to change the world one thread post at a time.

Are anyones points invalid, certainly not. Am I saying that people should stop voicing their opinion, of course not. Do I see both sides of this story, yes I do, I understand why everyone was hurt all around. But this is the most sensible thing anyone has said:

Quoted from sosage:

too complicated of a topic for Internet knee jerking to solve.

We can debate the battle of the sexes in this thread devoted to the topic of pinball in northern California on the internet until the end of time, but unfortunately I don't think we are going to reach enough close minded people to change their minds.

I worry that I will get rain of thumbs down for this, but I am NOT telling people to stop talking about it, I am just saying that at this point lets all keep in mind:

-I don't think any men on here feel or ever felt it is acceptable to perv on women at tournaments.
    -Pinball should be fun.

#1274 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

The real controversy here is that PracticalSteve is hinting at selling F-14. You're never going to find another game like it.

Great game for sure, sad to see it go, but one has to go for one to come in.

#1283 10 years ago

Call me impatient, but I agree that it's time to change the subject. Who's excited for Pinagogo?

Quoted from mof:

The 100-day countdown begins!

Quoted from loren3233:

I enjoy Pinagogo very much.

Quoted from Cheddar:

Excited? Look at these nipples!

Hell yes! I have been looking forward to this for months! Getting a room and will be there Friday from open to close and Saturday open until late.

Should we start a thread just for PAGG? Or does Mr.Gone just want to edit his thread title so it is all things PAGG and not just whats for sale?

#1284 10 years ago

Also Pinside ID badges are at the ready! If anyone plans on having a booth and wants to let me keep the box there so people can grab them it would be appreciated. I can see if there is a spot up front, but this could be a way to get a little extra traffic to your booth.

#1286 10 years ago
    Quoted from caligirl:

My point was obviously missed...that what is important to discuss for some is not just as important for everyone....it is a PUBLIC forum.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

I am NOT telling people to stop talking about it

Go ahead and keep talking about it, I never said people shouldn't.

Quoted from caligirl:

Steve, I meant no disrespect for your sale, and wish you nothing but the best for it.

See, it goes to show you never know when an offhand comment could be hurtful, but I thank you for saying you wish me nothing for the best and I for one am moving on.

#1290 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Let's call it: Split-Flipper Mixed-Gender Team Tommy Dollars*?

This is a fantastic idea Gene, I for one am interested. Maybe I can finally convince my better half to come out to a tourney.

#1292 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Oh, group hug for all. See you at pagg.

We really need to try and get a photo of all of us Pinsiders together, lets talk more when we get a little closer.

#1294 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Yes, this is a must. Ok, I could not find my for sale at pagg thread. So I started a new pagg thread. My threads are worse than my car keys. See you at pagg.

I had the same problem earlier! Oh well, new thread here everyone!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2014-pagg-pin-a-go-go-thread#post-1432817

#1298 10 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

It is easy, just click on Activity button once you are in the Forum Main Page. It will list all Topics that you have looked at and posted too.

I do that every time I open Pinside, I think no one had posted on it in so long it fell off the page, at least for me.

#1308 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

not sure what the question under it means? that truck didn't fill itself.

I think it's rhetorical asking the reader if they have ever used one of those ramps, and not directed at the people in the photo actually using the ramp.

#1318 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Since Steve Ritchie is going to be a Pin a Go Go and signin' stuff, you should bring something from your F-14 to be autographed.

I totally plan on it, that is if it has not sold by then.

#1324 10 years ago

This is off topic, but thought I would give it a shot, anyone have an old/used Ipod or other MP3 type player lying around they no longer use that still works and want to sell it to me? I broke mine today, and feel craigslist is way too shady for buying one. I can send you a UPS label to make shipping easy and free for you. let me know.

#1326 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I think I still have an old 3rd gen laying around somewhere. The battery will need replacement (VERY easy to do, and doesnt cost much.). I can take a look when I get home.

Thanks Dsuperbee! No rush.

1 week later
    #1362 10 years ago

I know I created a separate thread about this, but I am going to promote it here as well. My friend made a short video a while back of me and my pins and now it looks like its going to be on TV! Granted its a on a really small cable network called Pivot, but it has a fan base and people can buy it on itunes and Amazon. Its a show based on a website called hitrecord that was started by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. They are doing a games episode and I am in the trailer. I am leaving links to the trailer and full video my friend made below. I have no idea how much footage they will use in the actual episode, but its still pretty exciting.

Trailer (only 30 seconds long)
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/8P32NN_8nOU?autoplay=1&rel=0

Full video (four minutes long)
    http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1374100

#1365 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Nice piece!
    -mof

Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Awesome stuff Steve

Thanks guys! Its a testament to my friends editing abilities. After he interviewed me I thought it was terrible and boring and no way would it be worth watching. He did a really nice job putting it all together.

#1368 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Dude... You're a rock star!!! Awesome video and it's cool that you got your son to co-star!

The fact that my son is in it is my favorite thing about it. My wife almost cried when she saw that part.

Quoted from papazit1963:

Wow. Very cool! Nice looking machines too!

Mike

Thanks Mike! Pinwillie gets all the credit for making Taxi look so nice, but I will take credit for F-14 as that's all me.

#1371 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

AWESOME! great interview Steve. you represented the hobby well. be proud of this.

Thanks man!

#1373 10 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

Great job Steve, wonderful piece! I shared it with a few of the guys over here in Russia!

Really getting home sick now!!

Thanks! I am super interested to hear how everything was in Russia when you get back, I wonder if the conditions are as crazy as everyone says they are. Get home safe!

#1375 10 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Great video Steve...I couldn't agree more with some of your statements. Best part was watching the smile on your sons face while looking up at you while you both were enjoying a game....Nice Job!

Having my son in it was my favorite part as well. I think he will be disappointed on some level that I am selling f-14. He really likes the light show.

#1381 10 years ago

I also really wished I could have checked out your collection and met you Loren, I think it was really cool of you to offer that up.

#1398 10 years ago

What game is this guy talking about? I though NGG, but he says gottleib and I cant see someone saying that unless they actually read it on the game.

modesto.craigslist.org link

Pasted from ad
    "I have a pin ball machine very excellent condition,has been refurbished and has working talking gopher and cabinet is in excellent shape,it is of the "Caddy Shack Movie theme" and all glass on cabinet is very good.I am asking $4000 or trade for quad of equal value or will consider hunting or firearms equipment also."

#1402 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Teed off
    Pass quickly

ahhhh of course! I should have known that. Not my favorite, I would pass even at a realistic price.

1 week later
    #1438 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Why did you show me that????

Why, oh why...

I know! I want I want I want! But not nearly enough $$$ in my fund

#1448 10 years ago

Anyone here snag the F-14 at the estate sale in Santa Rosa today? There was an ad on CL for it. Just curious about price and condition.

If it was cheap enough I have a feeling we will see it back on CL in a few days, still in Santa Rosa

#1449 10 years ago

I have ZERO money free for pinball stuff right now (saving up for a certain game from a certain fellow pinsider) otherwise I would be all over trying to get this back glass, it is SO badass:

#1453 10 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

On our way this morning (9 am) to go see if the F14 is still available.

That estate sale looked amazing even if the pin is already gone.

#1455 10 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

Arrived to find no F-14. Asked about it and they said 3 people were waiting an hour before the sale (previous day) to buy it. And another 10+ have asked since! ;-( There was a Pac Man vid that had sold but was still there. In less than average shape, so no telling what the F-14 was like. This was a 'professional' estate sale, so nothing went cheap and no disclosure on sales price.

Plus I am sure if there were three people lined up for it an hour before the door opened they knew that it was a hot item and it did not sell for cheap.

#1467 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

s somebody picking up the "$150 highspeed" in SF?

Just wondering of that post is legit or not.

Its totally not, they emailed me back, its spam. Save your email the trouble. Its an ad, they said they bought it off some website for less, total robot.

#1482 10 years ago

Watch out for pinball scammers! The High Speed for $150 yesterday was an email fishing scam, I bet that the alien poker for $200 today is one as well. They are fishing for your email addresses.

At the very least create a throwaway email account if you plan on replying to these guys. They seem to be posting pinball machines very cheap and the only way you can reply is through a gmail address they provided in the ad.

Proceed with caution and flag if they end up being a scam.

Here's todays ad, my apologies if it is legit, but too similar to the one yesterday I was suckered by.

#1485 10 years ago

Very good tip Jose. I did not know how to search for email addresses across google, good to know.

#1489 10 years ago

I just picked up a really nice Frankenstein. I'm thinking it would make a great housewarming gift for my next pinhead home buyer or seller. (subtle self promotion)

Fattrains?

#1492 10 years ago

Different one actually. Super clean aside from some flipper button wear. I love the jumbo DMD on it. Big, but not so big it takes over the upper cabinet like WOZ.

NIce! I don't know if I have ever played a MSF, will have to keep it on my radar.

#1503 10 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

We are adding a fundraising tournament to my open house in Folsom on Friday night. The format will be informal and simple. Exact details are still being worked out, but the gist is that the funds will benefit Barry Oursler and Python Anghelo, and most likely involve Pinbot! Tournament entry will be probably $5 or $10, and you don’t have to stick around ’til the end if you win.

Please send me a private message if you would like to attend and I will send you the address.

Wish I could have attended, but really cool of you to offer this up! Too bad you are an hour and a half away.

#1511 10 years ago
    Quoted from caddysrule:

Anyone here get the Sea Witch in Tracy? I went there at 8am it was gone. Oh well it was only 1 mile from my house.

Never even saw it, how much were they asking?

#1522 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Do you know anyone with a HS or HS project?
    PM me...
    -mof

You got the itch now......

1 week later
    #1535 10 years ago

I have 2 (I think) playfield glass laying around if anyone is in need. These are not new, but they are not the worst I have ever seen. They have some scratches and such, so if you ever drop yours or are just missing one feel free to drop me a line and you can have one.

1 week later
    #1561 10 years ago

Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:it was an april fools joke

But I sent a deposit!!!!

1 week later
    #1571 10 years ago

That secret service translite is toooo funny!

#1578 10 years ago

There are actually some EM pins posted on craiglist today with prices that weren't insane! The Volley looks pretty sweet. I love the artwork! If the ad goes down it was for $695 working. Also a gulfstream on there under $400.

#1595 10 years ago

Pics

DSC_2523.jpgDSC_2523.jpg DSC_2524.jpgDSC_2524.jpg DSC_2526.JPGDSC_2526.JPG DSC_2530.JPGDSC_2530.JPG DSC_2528.JPGDSC_2528.JPG DSC_2533.JPGDSC_2533.JPG DSC_2538.jpgDSC_2538.jpg DSC_2529.JPGDSC_2529.JPG DSC_2534.JPGDSC_2534.JPG DSC_2538-217.jpgDSC_2538-217.jpg DSC_2536.JPGDSC_2536.JPG
    #1599 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

blarg! Finally doing it?

Bump for a good guy and F-14.

Thanks! I know, time to let F-14 go. I really love it, but if I want a new one then I gotta sell one. I plan on using the money (plus more) to buy this really sweet WCS '94, and after that I don't see any new pins for a while, My wife and I are starting the adoption process for our second child, and I don't see having a lot of spare funds. I could not be happier! Don't read that as negative, but before it happens I want to get a nice dmd game that I really love in my house.

Quoted from mof:

Good seller, proceed with confidence.
    -mof

Thanks MOF!

Quoted from pinwillie:

I'll trade you for my Ice Revue

#1604 10 years ago

Here is a quick video I shot of my F-14 Tomcat I mentioned is for sale above, I tried to point out the good and the bad points of it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=9X8C5cNhZOA

#1608 10 years ago

Was I not paying attention and suddenly T2 is a $3000+ game? There are like three of them all priced super high on CL today.

#1610 10 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Speaking of CL.... does anybody know the local price police officer who keeps spewing mindless stupidity? If he's a pinsider, I doubt he'd want his identity known. Maybe he just doesn't know how dumb his posts are.

I have seen that more than a few times, I mean I understand that low ball offers are annoying (recently offered 900$ for my very nice F-14) but that response makes him seem way more unstable than the annoying flippers.

#1614 10 years ago

I was thinking between $1,500-$2,000 depending on condition. I sold a nice one with a full tear-down shop job for $1,950 within the last year with a nice playfield.

I completely agree with that price point, I just think $3k+ is excessive.

I thought F-14 was a $750-$1,000 game. Does yours have a clearcoated playfield or is it a sample game?

redacted

#1616 10 years ago

Thanks NVU4PROD! You going to be at PAGG this year? Would be great to hang out again!

#1618 10 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

Wish I was Steve, I'll be out of town that week working. Really miss PAGG, great relaxing show. Sounds like another good one too! Great vendors, guest speakers etc. Have fun at the show and as always, your welcome anytime when in the south bay to come over and play some pinball!!

Awww what a bummer! We will have to set up another pinsider day at the Pacific Pinball museum then so we can hang out!

#1623 10 years ago

You're joking, right? In the last year, I have seen the following games pop up within an hour of my house, all under $1,000.

-Sorcerer
    -Viking
    -Eight Ball Deluxe
    -Silver Ball Mania
    -Pinbot
    -Police Force
    -Dr. Dude
    -BTTF
    -Earthshaker
    -Comet
    -Space Shuttle

redacted

#1625 10 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Seems like 2 months ago they were priced from $1800-2000 or so. I'm looking for one I the $2000 or so price range. No luck. This game getting more demand lately?

I say be patient, maybe demand has gone up, but not THAT much.

#1633 10 years ago
    Quoted from yotaxi125:

ok, i don't really know anyone here, but it really didn't sound like this guy was "calling you out".

Sure felt that way.

I could have misunderstood, happens all the time. All that had to be said was "sorry, was not trying to call you out" and I would have apologized and deleted my comment, I am big enough to admit when I am wrong.

I for one am over talking about this, lets all move on.

#1638 10 years ago

Hope you can accept my apology and that we can play a few games together at PAGG.

Brad

apology accepted, and I aplogize that I posted you old for sale thread in reply. I am going back to delete my comments because you meant no harm and because I previously said I would.

Take care and hope to meet you at PAGG.

3 weeks later
    #1667 9 years ago

Anyone got any old backglasses laying around that would make great wall art? I was really hoping to grab something at the swap meet, but everything sold the moment it opened. Interested in everything after the bingo era. Preferably not perfect since it's for art, I would rather save good ones for games.

Thanks everyone.

#1673 9 years ago

Yeah Pismo, there have been a huge number of fake ads with low prices that are scams. Basically if there is a gmail account in the ad, it's phony.

2 weeks later
    #1729 9 years ago

I'm on my phone so I can't link to the ads, but between that fathom in redding for 2k and the other ad someone just put up for the CPR playfield and plastics you could pretty much make an amazing example. If money is no object.

#1736 9 years ago

Anyone considering that Pink Panther on CL? I REALLY wish I had the money to get it, you never see those and it looks to be in nice shape. If anyone here grabs it let me know so I can buy it off of you down the road when you are tired of it and I have money to burn.

#1738 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I did the board work on that Pink Panther, it'll hold up through just about anything.

That my friends is a ringing endorsement! Now I want it even more!!

#1740 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I think that if a reasonable offer is made on it, it'll sell. I'm actually surprised that it's still there.

Steve

If I could make a reasonable offer I would! The older games just don't get the love they deserve. Slightly tempted to offer Taxi in trade since you never see Pink Panther, but think I would kick myself later on. I am surprised its still there as well, everyone wants that machine they can turn around and flip nowadays.

#1742 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I think the guy selling it is going to regret his decision when he decides to try and find another one later. He already sold a couple of other rare System 80A games recently. Oh well ... his choice.

Steve

What else did he sell? Not a Spirit I hope. I would probably trade my Taxi for that (not that it would be a fair deal for the Spirit owner, I know they are worth much more than a Taxi.)

#1743 9 years ago

Just saw this ad on craigslist, sounds like it's a flea market type thing they are starting up in the rohnert park/cotati area. In the ad they mention there is an indoor pinball arcade though. Anyone know what they could be referring to?

#1751 9 years ago

Just saw that the PPM is now offering memberships, looks like a really sweet deal if you live close by and can just drop in from time to time.

100$ - unlimited regular admission for one year, 10% store discount, Newsletter and invitations to members only events (pays for itself in seven visits)

150$ - Same as above but for two people (pays for itself in five visits)

there are other levels above that, I am sure all of the info is on their website. I think I am going to go for this. I work close by and the thought of just going and dropping in for an hour after work sounds amazing.

#1763 9 years ago

Anyone know who this is posting on craigslist? Seen a couple posts by them asking people to get together and play pinball around town or in peoples homes. I like the idea but the fact that almost EVERY word is misspelled makes me hesitate to send them an email.

Text copied and pasted in case it disappears:

"looking for people who live in the east bay who r interested in getting together once a month or every other month for residential pinball play,it would b nice to find other people wit games who would b willing to participate, let me know whats on ur mind thanks for ur tymn...j.r"

#1772 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

I totally understand if that comes off as overly paranoid, but previous experience has taught me that looking paranoid trumps not being safe.

Not paranoid at all, you have to be careful nowadays when doing anything it seems.

Quoted from phishrace:

live in the Bay Area and have never had any trouble buying or selling games from my home. You can feel someone out over the phone.

This is true as well, I have spoken to people on the phone before about craigslist deals gotten a bad feeling midway through the call and just bailed. Sorry! suddenly no longer for sale, or gotta go my cats on fire!

With the guy in this ad I would almost be more worried that they would try and invite you back to the house for shasta and a baloney sandwich after talking to you for two hours about how they have saved every used bandaid they had for the last ten years, or something strange like that.

#1776 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

I'm betting that this guy "jaime," who is selling a Taxi, is the person who posted about the get togethers. His grammar & spelling are slightly better in this listing but location is the same and they were posted at the same time.

Nice detective work! I bet you are right! I don't want to invite anyone near my collection that thinks THAT Taxi is worth $1800! I guess on the upside my slightly better one is now worth $2200.

1 week later
    #1789 9 years ago

Two things I need from you guys.

I can't find the cax thread, can anyone post a link? Didn't think I was going but looks like I am.

Second, my work shift is about to drastically change, I used to get off at 6pm making it nearly impossible to get to any leagues on time, I am getting off much earlier now. Are any about to start or are still early in their season I can jump into?

#1792 9 years ago

I don't have a space shuttle, but what is SMDM can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy.

#1796 9 years ago

Hey, I can wait a couple of weeks, that's no big. Thanks for the info sosage, you might start seeing me out in Concord.

1 week later
    #1799 9 years ago

Just snagged my sons first pinball machine, a POTC zizzle! saw the ad on Craigslist for a garage sale in Castro Valley, my home town. Told my sister to get over there and take a look. She said the owners bought it and never got it out of test mode so its never been played. The price? 20$!!!!!!!!

#1801 9 years ago

Thanks jvspin, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, I'll give you a call when I get to CAX. Anyone else in this thread going? Let's meet up.

#1805 9 years ago

Cool MOF I will bring your poster so that I can FINALLY give it to you. I will give you a call tomorrow.

#1808 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Usually, I'm away on fishing trips during the summer so I miss this show. This year, I can't even get away to fish. I have my own version of CA Extreme, I'm stuck down in San Luis Obispo dealing with my cousin's estate. Looks like my family has a lot of this type of weekend coming at us this year. My cousin made the TV show Hoarders look tame. There will be lots of dumpsters in my future. Unfortunately, my cousin didn't hoard any money.

Steve

Wish I could have seen you there, sorry you have to deal with all of that.

#1809 9 years ago

Thinking of getting my wife a megatouch for her birthday. It MUST have the adult game with the naked ladies where you have to spot the difference between two pictures. She played it all the time in her twenties. Let me know if anyone has one that they are thinking of selling.

#1814 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Touchscreen, pc, smart strip = approx 5x the cost of a megatouch. Don't get me wrong - I'm a vid advocate. It would just be alot cheaper, authentic, easier to purchase one.

Quoted from arcadenerd925:

if you can't find one easily, why not just grab the mame rom and make one with some spare PC parts, could be a fun project.

Yeah, this was just a fun idea I had for a birthday present. I have quickly realized that these things are not as cheap as I thought and for the amount my wife will actually use it I am scratching this idea.

I am however now looking for a foosball table, she has mentioned this in the past as well. Not looking for a deluxe one that costs hundreds of bucks, just a nice one for casual play. If anyone has one of those shoot me a message.

#1815 9 years ago

Nice score! People have unbelievably flipped those things for up to $800 on Ebay.

I know! I was thrilled, my son will love it, and you cannot beat that price. Sorry we didn't get to chat at CAX, I saw you talking to MOF when I was headed out for food but never saw you again.

1 week later
    #1820 9 years ago

I saw that! Now I only need the necessary cash, and the wife's permission to hang such major boobage on the wall.

1 week later
    #1833 9 years ago

Ok folks, my wife and son are out of town the upcoming weekend of the 15th 16th and 17th (August), who wants to play some pinball? Pacific pinball museum? Got a good sized collection? one of the local spots like FGW or a bar with more than one? Who is interested?

#1835 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

FGW just upped the ante big time with Congo and TZ in there. I am overdue for a visit...
    -mof

Congo has long been on my list to try, they open on weekend days?

#1836 9 years ago

nevermind, just googled it. looks like 1pm to 7 or 8pm Saturdays and Sundays. Anyone else interested in hitting up FGW?

1 week later
    #1856 9 years ago
    Quoted from swedishc:

I just moved to Oakland.

I heard there is a pretty decent pinball community in the area. Is there a local league that is accepting new members?

Welcome to the bay area. Lots of great bars in Oakland with lots of great pins. There is no Oakland league per say, but there are often tournaments in Oakland. Not as many as there used to be though, Jonnyo used to put them on really regularly but he stopped. I would look here for upcoming tournaments+++ http://pinballbayarea.com/ , +++but its updated sporadically so I would go there and sign up to get emails of updates, they wont happen often enough to annoy you.

Free gold watch in SF has a league, but there may be a waiting list at this point, i'm not sure.

Theres also a league in Concord I have been dying to try out, but I cant seem to make it out there, something always prevents me.

#1862 9 years ago

Looks like pinside is bleeding over to our local craigslist, I think it's funny this gentleman is trying to start an open dialogue through CL.

#1863 9 years ago

Also possibly the most deluded seller on CL I have ever seen. $2500 for a non working big brave?! And then to say it's worth $5k if in perfect condition!

#1865 9 years ago

Wish to add: I have almost no opinion about MMR and it's coin door. I have no dog in that fight. Just find it interesting that it's getting people so riled up that they are taking it to craigslist.

2 weeks later
    #1904 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

who snagged that $2500 WH20 on CL last night? Had I not just purchased to pins I would have been all over that.. my CL timing was perfect.

Murphys law of buying a pin, buy one and a title you want will be on Cl the next day for a steal, happens to me every time. Finally had to force myself to NOT look at Cl for one month after any pin purchases.

566 posts in this topic match your search for posts by practicalsteve. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=practicalsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.