Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#896 10 years ago

I too am looking for a possible trade. I am the originally owner of a Golden West pool table (3.5' x 7'). It has been with me for over 10 years and kept in my house in a temperature controlled environment the whole time and never moved. It's made in the USA with good construction and three piece slate. The table should be moved by professional movers and will need the felt replaced and a few bumpers re-glued (the felt is in good condition, but if you are going to move it you might as well pay a little more for new felt). The table is in excellent condition and has a nice "Tabasco" stained maple finish with Queen Ann legs and leather pockets. It comes with all the usually accessories.

I don't use the table and am looking for a pin in trade. PM me if you want pictures or have a trade to offer. Would prefer 100% working machine but players condition is fine.

Thanks!

4 months later
    #1643 9 years ago

Man oh man Eric, that's a nice looking line up you gots. Can't wait until BoP 2.0 gets installed

3 months later
    #1837 9 years ago

I might be up for a trip this weekend, will know for sure by tomorrow.

#1840 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Pinball Magic (Capcom, 1995) <=== I need time on this one

Played this one last time I was there, was amazing.

2 weeks later
    1 week later
    #1883 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Off to play at PPM... Anyone else going today?

I wish, but need to put my earthshaker back together tonight.

#1896 9 years ago

So I guess that is my last posting about a certain nameless pinball machine in a nor cal thread, lol. Good thoughts to all those dealing with the aftermath.

1 month later
    #1972 9 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

Hey I am looking for a six million dollar man pin if someone local has one they care to sell.

I think I saw one on the Pacific Northwest thread recently, if you consider that local...

2 weeks later
    #2026 9 years ago

Howdy and welcome! You have your first pin under your belt and you are already talking about having to use storage for overflow, sounds like you are a natural fit in the pinball community.

2 weeks later
    #2101 9 years ago

Lol, with only 19,505 units made it's a wonder no one has snagged this rare pinball already.

#2129 9 years ago

Is this the same guy that does the full cab restores for $500 plus stencil?

#2140 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Anyone look at or pick up the $500 Time Machine on Modesto cl?

Man, missed that one!

#2143 9 years ago

Ok, thought it was just me. CL is not working, feel deals slipping away, cant handle lack of information...

#2176 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Let's get through thanksgiving and check in over the weekend

Yeah I was thinking this weekend too.

#2189 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I'm at the PPM with all my In-laws

Nice! I tried to wrangle the family into going down today but failed.

#2218 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

You call that a Plastic? Thiiiiis is a Plastic.

I spot a fellow board gamer, +1 for owning one of my fav games, Homesteaders!

#2237 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

im interested in the Sorcerer if you ever let her go

You building an add on to your garage, lol?

#2238 9 years ago

Jabbles180, looks like iwantansi has a Sorcerer avail down south if you wanna make the drive (California For Sale Club).

#2253 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

getting time off

Ha, you are young...just leave after work and drive straight down and back. You will be back in time for work the next day easy! 14 hours tops...

#2277 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

I'm pretty sure this wont be the last event here

Glad to hear it. I was bummed I couldn't go and look forward to your next one!

#2305 9 years ago

Its just so frustrating to be mislead like this. I spent precious time cleaning out gutters in preparation for this horrific storm, when I could have been working on pins.

1 week later
    #2338 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Someone got a good project. It looked pretty rough but for $200

Yeah, if the displays or boards were at least good, you could break even.

#2363 9 years ago

Merry Christmas Eve my pinball friends!

Just listed my High Speed for sale last night:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-high-speed-in-norcal

Cheers

#2370 9 years ago

Who is going down south for Arcade Expo in Banning CA?

I have clearance from work, just have to see if I can get that weekend off from family duties.

#2396 9 years ago

Happy New Years my fellow nor cal pinheads! May the new year bring you many new pins!

1 week later
    #2416 9 years ago

What he needs is a High Speed, it doesn't matter he lives next door to yours lol.

#2483 9 years ago

Not fair! Never screaming deals like that in Placer county lol.

1 week later
    #2525 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

Got the go ahead for a fifth pin at fanny anns in old town Sacramento. Im taking out the crusin usa conversion and putting in ???? I have a junkyard, getaway or Rollergames available.

RG would be my top choice, followed by JY

#2527 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

It would be nice to have a system 11 on location in Sacramento.

Yeah thats a really good point...I heard from a friend that they pulled Dr. Dude from Cool River Pizza in Rocklin, and that was the only one I knew of (replaced it with Star Wars Eps 1 is what I was told).

1 week later
    #2606 9 years ago

I am just north of Sacramento pdx, if you are still around and wanna do a late lunch, let me know.

#2626 9 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

how kid friendly is PPM

I have taken my kids (teens) as well as nieces and nephews and they all have fun. Good bathrooms and snack machines and places to sit. Good eateries within walking distance too. My youngest nephew was 4 years old at the time and he enjoyed it. But most kids (including teens) are bored about 2 hours in. So I try to do 1 to 2 hours of pinball and then a good meal and then another hour or two of pinball.

1 week later
    #2646 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

I have a tournament coming up on Saturday at Scarlet City Espresso Bar in Emeryville.

Shoot, I would have loved to come with my daughter but I already have plans that night. Will try to catch the next novice tournament.

#2648 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

tentatively scheduled for April 18th.

Ok great, that gives me something to shoot for.

1 week later
    #2703 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Who do people buy NIB Sterns from on the west coast?

I always buy from....oh wait, dang...errr...someday I will prolly buy from Pinball Refinery. Just gotta win the lottery first or raid my kids college funds.

#2715 9 years ago

Spencer, shhhhhhh. There goes my low ball offers, dang, LOL.

I was thinking of trying, but get the feeling the prices will be about normal due to exposure.

1 week later
    #2767 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

So I need to make some room and my JM has to go.

If you decide you wanna do trade plus some cash, shoot me a PM.

#2772 9 years ago

Good news for us Placer county folks, Century Blue Oaks in Rocklin has added a Stern Star Trek!
    20150320_180346.jpg20150320_180346.jpg

#2780 9 years ago

boogies, put me down as wanting to log some time on a JM.

#2803 9 years ago

Great story! Hope my great grand kids have similar stories some day.

2 weeks later
    2 weeks later
    #2915 9 years ago

Thursday afternoon bump for Pin-a-Go-Go! Calling on all pinheads, would love for you to share your games with the community. Please sign up at: http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/

We are trying to lock down this year's line up and would love to get your information soon.

Thanks,
    Seth

1 week later
    #2933 8 years ago

I even picked mine up at a Michael's (local hobby super store) in their dowel section. Smaller then what people usually use (1" I believe), but works just fine. Was already perfect length, so no cutting needed.

#2937 8 years ago

I use just one, and it stays under my pin during transport. I have an SUV type vehicle, so I just make sure the pin is pushed against the back hatch before taking off with it. Otherwise it may roll back and slam against hatch/window if I were to stop suddenly.

I think it just depends on the layout and design of your vehicle. My middle row folds down, but at a little bit of an upwards angle, so the pin is able to sit on dowel but not move much in the forward direction because of the pitch.

2 weeks later
    1 week later
    #2988 8 years ago

Anyone got any info on that Stern Meteor for sale in Los Gatos? Having a hard time getting info on it...

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#2990 8 years ago

I got a couple of responses from the owner, but no pics and no indication of when it can be shown.

4 weeks later
    #3043 8 years ago

Nah, the way I see it is this...I want a particular title real bad and I am willing to pay someone, anyone a little extra to help me secure it. I would only pay the fee after the deal is complete though (key part). If it's the scenario you describe with the free $100 it doesn't matter. I am willing to pay a premium to get what I want, don't care what happens behind the scenes between broker and seller.

Having said that, not sure I would ever go this route cuz pin money is always hard to come by

#3046 8 years ago

<hands begin rubbing together>Oh I have a price...

3 weeks later
    #3118 8 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Pinball is a Wild Life.

Awesome, thanks for doing the leg work! Was wondering what title he had.

#3125 8 years ago

I am looking to sell my Earthshaker finally. Will post on CL this weekend likely. Here is a link to some pics: http://1drv.ms/1GSCIxL

20150726_183119.jpg20150726_183119.jpg

#3128 8 years ago

anyone know offhand what size rubber you need for a center post? the kind that sits below the flippers in the drain??

Pretty sure its 7/16. I know the 3/8 ones (the smallest ones) will just split if you try to use them instead.

#3130 8 years ago

Can't wait to play it when you are done shopping it!

#3146 8 years ago

Wish you guys felt that way about Earthshaker or Strikes and Spares, lol.

#3153 8 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Wish I had room for that Earth Shaker. Maybe if someone would buy my Comet!

Yeah, let me know if someone pulls the trigger!

#3167 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Ill have to shoot back over there and try to get somw initials up.

How about getting some work done on your project pins instead, hahahaha.

#3169 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

How about getting some work done on your project pins instead, hahahaha.

I am just eager to play Split Second and Lighting. So its really about me being selfish...

1 month later
    #3347 8 years ago

You can try your local glass companies...they just need dimensions and tell them it's tempered glass. I checked a year or two ago and it was a little high, but not horrible.

#3364 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I'm working on a MAME Rotary Arcade cab.

Wow, after hearing about this cab, neat to actually see it. Looks sharp man!

1 week later
    2 weeks later
    #3429 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Duck Dodgers Pin!

Best idea I have heard all day!

1 month later
    #3575 8 years ago

Hey gang, I am going to try to land a Star Trek Pro sometime over the next 6 months. I will need to sell off some machines or trade to do it. If any of you are thinking of selling/trading one in that time frame, PM me!

Cheers,
    Seth

#3577 8 years ago

Mr Adam is the proud new owner and has made her meaner and faster then ever...its prolly the only pin that i have ever traded away that I miss.

#3585 8 years ago

Welcome Stephan! You live in a great area, Stockton/Modesto/Lodi have great pinheads and always have deals popping up on CL. You should have no problem finding pinball machines in your range depending on what you want. EM machines can be had for $300-$500 depending on condition and solid state machines start around $500 for a fixer upper and climb into five figures depending on title and condition.

If you want more modern (> 80's) pinball machines, System 11 machines by Williams are a great place to start. Lots of resources and parts out there. My first machine was a High Speed and it's a great title, lots of parts and mods, and can be had for less then a $1000. Reach out to Cheddar on this forum, he is near(ish) to you and may have a good System 11 starter pin that needs some work but would be good entry for you if you like to tinker.

It's really about how much you want to work on them. Typically we recommend your first machine be fully functional and you pick up a second machine to work on. You want to always have at least one working machine you can actually play on so you don't get too frustrated. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Seth

#3607 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

Underwhelmed by the Game of Thrones at Coin op. Asked about the T2 and learned they sold it for $1300.

Because of the setup or because of the game itself?

#3619 8 years ago

Last visit I did the mexican food place across the street, was pretty good. Did Mountain Mikes Pizza the time before that, a few blocks away.

#3630 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I just saw this on santa Barbra cl.
    scam? wish I was closer and had money.
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

Scam

ebay.com link: like

#3639 8 years ago

It's with great sadness that I must announce that the Blue Oaks Theater in Roseville (Highway 65 and Blue Oaks Blvd) has removed their only pinball machine, Star Trek (Pro).

Sigh, some one trade me one, pretty please...

#3650 8 years ago

That's great Stephan, congrats on your first pin! I hope to be getting a Stargate real soon as well. Great theme and rules.

#3652 8 years ago

Yeah, pretty stoked! Can't wait to see some pics lol.

#3658 8 years ago

dupe

(just felt if Gene was doing it, it must be the kewl new thing to do)

#3660 8 years ago

Hey Marc,

I haven't done too much to it, as you had it playing great when I got it from ya. I really like it but am thinking about selling it soon so I can chase after my grail pin, Star Trek. In a perfect world I would keep it but I only have so much in the pin budget and downsizing to 4 to 5 pins will give me a chance to own one modern Stern.

Would love to see some pics of ES when you have time, or better yet, bring it to Pin-a-Go-Go!

1 month later
    #3741 8 years ago

Yeah, missed getting to meet and talk to GeneX and NorCalRealtor, next time!

2 weeks later
    #3773 8 years ago

Yeah I love how many pins are on location in the bay area at large. I took my kids and my nieces and nephews out to the Winchester Mystery House this weekend as well (they really enjoyed it). They had a ToM in their gift shop (was out of order). We then went to Round Table down the street and I got to play a Nascar with major DMD issues (but still kinda playable). We then went to Scandia in Vacaville and I enjoyed the nice line up there. Nice to see so many options at so many locations (even if condition is not always best).

#3781 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I have a non-permanent trade opportunity here. I have a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 that I intend to do a playfield swap on. The playfield in it is ok and plenty playable with factory mylar. Some of you probably played it at PaGG last year in the main hall. It will be several months (maybe 6) until I get my new playfield and I'm not giving this game much attention lately.
    Here's what I would like to do: I'd like to temp swap this for another pin. I would prefer a Theatre of Magic as that is my grail pin and it would be nice to play one for a while. Other pins of comparable fun would be cool too. Ideally we would do this swap in the next few weeks and then swap back at PaGG.

I have a sweet Brunswick Alive...

3 weeks later
    4 weeks later
    #3898 8 years ago

LOL, welcome to pinside pinpoor! Looking forward to catching up with ya at the show.

2 weeks later
    #3926 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

I don't know how it's getting any slack from anyone.

Yeah I have heard some say it maybe the best layout of all time, really looking forward to playing it at Pin-a-Go-Go.

#3948 7 years ago

Time to thin down the herd again. I have a decent player's condition Stargate that I am ready to part with. It has a brand new driver board (original from PBR), new flipper board, new light rope, new rubber kit installed, and most of the bulbs were replaced throughout. I would say its a 100% except that the sound sometimes squelches or makes odd tones (usually only when its cold). Not sure if there is an easy fix but at least it doesn't affect game play. The moving ship works good and the DMD looks good. There are the usually playfield wear spots (I have taken pictures of the main three places) and it looks like something spilled on the translight at one point as it's stuck to the glass. The cabinet has the usual dents and dings but overall looks really good and is still nice and bright.

Pinside says average price is $2100 and I have seen many listed over $2500. That seems pretty high for mine given the wear so I feel that $1700 is reasonable for condition.

Pictures can be seen here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C78A1739B5E40D38!7702&authkey=!ADLgCcGIJ0IEKYA&ithint=folder%2cjpg

1 month later
    3 months later
    #4136 7 years ago

I picked up a Twilight Zone a few weeks back and it's not doing it for me, debating if I should just move on. If anyone is looking for a decent players TZ, shoot me a message. I would consider selling out right or trading down for a different pin plus cash.

#4146 7 years ago

Listed my Twilight Zone for sale in the markets and added pics: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-bally-1993-2049

Would also be interested in trades for other 90's Bally/Williams (or Williams Taxi) + cash.

1 month later
    #4174 7 years ago

Duly noted: chico.craigslist.org link

"I recently contacted this person to buy a different title from him. He told me he could bring it to me. Because i like to see machines myself in person and not in the back of a truck i declined delivery. He was very upfront with the fact that he sells a lot of games which are "hot" aka stolen and can get me any title i ask for, he then back tracked stating the particular title i was looking at was not however stolen. BUYERS BE AWARE!"

#4177 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

or better yet, lets see him steal a Hurcules

To be clear, not my post on CL. Just passing it along in case anyone has seen this guys various CL ads over the last month or two. I just copied the contents of the ad into my post in case it was pulled on CL.

#4180 7 years ago

Selling my stand-up multicade for $500. Bought it for my kids but its not getting any love and I would rather fill that space with a pinball machine.

Cabinet is in good shape, solid black with no graphics, and has the usual scrapes and gouges you see on all older games. 19" CRT monitor installed (PC) with a Dell PC running hyperspin emulator. Everything works great and is pre-loaded with a ton of ROMs (came with the machine). Classic JAMMA wiring with 2 player, 6 button setup. Flip the switch on the top of the cab, and the PC turns on and boots straight in to Hyperspin. I have only played a handful of the ROMs and some work great and others need configuration to get them working right.

Photos seen here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9xQcoZKu2sCNGRoYW1zX1VUVXM?usp=sharing

Prefer cash, but I would consider trades for pinball machines (projects OK depending on title). I also want a Color DMD for my Fish Tales, so would consider that plus a little cash.

Cheers,
    Seth

#4207 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Is there a thread anywhere for the expo this weekend at ppm? I am trying to figure out if they have any talks scheduled or if it strictly a come play and hang out type of thing?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ppe-returns/

#4216 7 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

the classroom upstairs where the seminars will be is nice. Good speakers who know their stuff too. Can't wait for my first PPE! Anyone else going to the Thurs 11/10 preview party?

Not sure if the $100 ticket is gonna be worth it for me...tempting though.

4 months later
    #4408 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sincity:

How do you guys think a barcade would do in redding. A friend and I are torn on doing one in redding or Medford. Barcade would have 25 pins 6-8 modern sterns and 8-10 williams Bally machines from whirlwind to twilight zone . 8-10 filler machines 2500 pins judge dread, South Park Ect. Typical barcade arcade games Mario kart linked racing, classic arcade and fighting games.

Medford may work well with the proximity to SOU. I visit southern Oregon a lot and it's a wasteland, barely any pins.

3 weeks later
    #4451 7 years ago

Hey Gang! I suspect most of us are aware that Pin-a-Go-Go is around the corner. We are actively seeking games from the community. If you feel like sharing your games and helping raise money for local children's charities, please head here to learn more: http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/

If you want to join in on the discussion and learn the latest about the show, head here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2017-pin-a-go-go-thread/

See you in 44 days!

5 months later
    #4653 6 years ago

New episode of "The Spinner is Lit" dropped!!!

On this week's episode, Practical Steve joins us to discuss his love of all things pinball and his journey into the hobby. We discuss the news of the day and highlight some upcoming shows: Expo, White Rose Gameroom Show, and the Houston Arcade Expo. We also get sentimental and review a beloved classic, Williams Rollergames. We learn that both Spencer and Practical Steve are willing to flip flop when passionately pushed for answers during our first installment of "Fact or Fantasy" and we wrap up with a "Top 10" reveal of some of our most loved EM titles.

https://soundcloud.com/thespinnerislit/episode10

rg_playfield (resized).jpgrg_playfield (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #4757 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lambow:

Anyone buy a pin from Video Amusement in SF? Impressions?

Video Amusements is a generous supporter of the Golden State Pinball Festival and always brings the newest pins to our show. Roman is A+

1 year later
    #5396 5 years ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

How did you get a BK for $5k? I want one for that price too

If you are interested in a "show" price of a Stern at the Golden State Pinball Festival coming up next month in Lodi, we can put you in contact with Marco who can share prices with you on a variety of options. The reason you are getting a discount is because the machine stays at the Festival for the weekend on free play. You get a fantastic price and the attendees play test it and Marco fixes on the spot, so when you take it home, all the kinks are worked out.

PM Cheddar if you want details!

1 week later
    #5406 5 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Any Norcal retailers that sell brand new Jersey Jack pinball machines? It will save on shipping costs. Waiting for the upcoming Wonka.

Check with itsokay over at the Pinball Pirate!

1 month later
    #5461 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Nor Cal Pinheads...
    Do you know how to reach Chris at Sly Fox? The only # I have is 209-493-8871. I keep getting "the customer you're trying to reach, is not available"
    Any other # or email?
    Thanks
    Kerry

You have a typo...PMing you

11 months later
    #5875 3 years ago

It said sold out on the site but I should probably double check. I ain’t calling though because I can only imagine his fury if someone called asking about something listed as not in stock

Try email, include part number...I have had great success via email.

4 weeks later
    #5933 3 years ago

Hey gang, on the hunt for a nice, clean, newer stern Pro or Premium....Star Wars would be #1 choice. Lemme hear what ya got!

3 months later
    #6271 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Hey everyone, I just posted my family owned JunkYard for sale. Would also consider trades for creepy/horror themed pins: TAF, TWD, BSD, Frankenstein, any Elvira, etc. Might consider other 90's Williams DMD games as well and can add cash depending the pin.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102931
    Dan

This machine looks and plays great! Buy with confidence.

2 weeks later
    #6324 3 years ago

Selling my Jurassic Park Pro for $5300 if anyone is interested, please PM me! Roughly 2000 plays, has shaker installed, some titans as well. Would also be very interested in trading it towards a Hot Wheels.

1 year later
    #7446 2 years ago

Just a reminder that we are 42 days away from Golden State Pinball Festival

We have over 100 games signed up so far which is a great start! But looking for more VIPs to help us make this this largest show yet. If you are interested in sharing your time or your machine, head on over to https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/bring-games/

Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=pinballholder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.