Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nvu4prod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#794 10 years ago

Hi Steve, your welcome to come over to my place and play HS, Getaway or any other pins I have. All games are currently 100% working. Just had Rob Anthony aka Borygard over to dial in a few issues I had on MNF and Whirlwind. What a great guy!

Offer is open anytime, just shoot me an email. Thanks again for the PPM outing last month, it was great!!

Nick

#797 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Steve I think Getaway is the standout. Rollergames is also fun. HS is a classic but a fairly simple game overall.

My feelings exactly, good call Jonnyo!!

#799 10 years ago

Doors always open, let me know!!

2 months later
    #1372 10 years ago

Great job Steve, wonderful piece! I shared it with a few of the guys over here in Russia!

Really getting home sick now!!

2 months later
    #1615 10 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I thought F-14 was a $750-$1,000 game. Does yours have a clearcoated playfield or is it a sample game?

Your nuts... Are you stuck in your parents home and living in the 90's. Practical Steve is offering a fair price with upgrades etc! Anyone that's in the pin community knows this!

Good luck with your offering Steve, should sell fast. If not, maybe at PAGG!

All the best!

#1617 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Thanks NVU4PROD! You going to be at PAGG this year? Would be great to hang out again!

Wish I was Steve, I'll be out of town that week working. Really miss PAGG, great relaxing show. Sounds like another good one too! Great vendors, guest speakers etc. Have fun at the show and as always, your welcome anytime when in the south bay to come over and play some pinball!!

#1619 10 years ago

Awww what a bummer! We will have to set up another pinsider day at the Pacific Pinball museum then so we can hang out!

Right "O" Steve, until then... Enjoy!!

7 months later
    #2173 9 years ago

Happy turkey day starbase, and all you other Bay Area and NorCal pinheads!
    Let's do another meet up at the pacific pinball museum, who's with me??

That would be great Steve, be great to see you again! Good timing... Quiet time of the year for me, just name the date!

#2175 9 years ago

Copy that, sounds like a plan!

2 months later
    #2670 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I've been thinking about having a tech day at my shop once a month where you can bring your machine in and diagnose it. I have lots of parts and people can exchange knowledge. Let me now if this sounds like a good idea and I will schedule it.
    Sean

Hi Sean, great idea! You can certainly count me in... Thanks!

#2684 9 years ago

Just throwing it out for the Nor Cal crowd... Have had my eye out the last few months on adding a Lights Camera Action (Gottlieb) to my line up. For those that know me, the title says it all! Have watched videos and slightly remember playing this title in my earlier days. It is kind of a rare (less then 2,000 units) non popular title, but would be interested in purchasing if in a good players condition.

Thanks in advance!

6 months later
    #3334 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Agreed. Anyone in the south bay that wants to check one out is welcome to PM me.

Message sent!

#3340 8 years ago

^^^^ and this is a good guy, will vouch for him.

Thanks Steve! When ever your in the South Bay, the door is always open!!

Nick

11 months later
    #4141 7 years ago

I found a glass shop in Palo Alto, just north of the Stanford shopping center off the El Camino that will cut to order. Tempered stamp or not, for around $32.00/sheet. Thought pricing was quit reasonable! Takes around 3 days after phoning in your order.

#4143 7 years ago

I'll give them a call Cheddar, see what price point they'll give for a bulk order.

6 months later
    #4420 7 years ago

PM me Grant, I'll be in Alamo dropping off a pin either on 3/31 or 4/1, then returning to the South Bay.

Nick

10 months later
    #4834 6 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Larry did two swaps for a buddy of mine and he did an awesome job. He’s a retired engineer and he’s very meticulous and easy to work with. If I didn’t enjoy doing my own swaps I would use him.

As Marc mentioned above, Larry did my Whirlwind and High Speed CPR swap last year. Couldn't be happier with his finished work. Larry's also is very reasonable with his pricing. He also has worked on mechanical and board issues on Checkpoint and rebuilt both Red and Ted heads on Roadshow.

Quoted from andre060:

WTF. That's MY restored space shuttle in the photos of the ad, which I restored MYSELF. He stole the photo from my website (https://abpinball.com/ss/) for use in his ad. What about the other photos in the ad? Stolen too? Super sketchy.

OK, so he copied one of your photos from your website. I agree, Larry probably should of asked for the usage. I can attest the fact the Space Shuttle on the rotisserie is in his shop, as I've been there multiple times. When dropping or picking up pins, Larry always has multiple solid state and EM pins being serviced. Larry is proven in my book, super sketchy, I think not!! Try giving him a call, really nice guy to talk to. I'm sure he would delete your photo on his website if it truly is bothering you! Glad your restore on you Space Shuttle came out nice, wish I had the time to tackle some of these projects!

#4837 6 years ago

All's well, that ends well!!

1 year later
    #5509 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Where's the best place to buy glass in the South Bay?

Try Menlo Atherton Glass Company. I've ordered several sheets of standard tempered glass and wide body Glass for my Roadshow. Reasonable prices and quick turn around time, usually in a day!

Address: 243 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025
    Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8AM Monday

Phone: (650) 322-1116

9 months later
    #5827 4 years ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

My Williams IJ has plexiglass over the translite art (art is taped to the plexiglass) where backglass should be. It's been this way for the ten years I have had it, and it's always bothered me. I'm now finally getting around to trying to replace the plexiglass with the right material. Does anyone have the glass that would fit there by chance? If so, please PM me. Thank you.

This might help!

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Backglass_Sizes

Local glass shop can cut to your desired dimension. Make sure it's tempered as well. Maybe tough to find a glass shop open due to the shelter in place. Good Luck!

1 month later
    #5927 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Anyone here ever heard of or used California Amusements located in San Jose for repair work? Technician named Sam??

It's been a long time since Sam serviced my Earthshaker, I'm thinking 10 years ago or so. Great tech and a nice guy too! Glad to hear he's still around!

#5931 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

+1 for seller. Meticulous and not prone to exaggeration. Buy with confidence.

Great quote ^^^^ because it's true and a great guy too!!

1 month later
    #6089 3 years ago

Very sad to hear of Larry's passing. I have used Larry to do PF swaps for many of my pins over the years. He even made the trip to my home to sort out a few bugs afterwards. A straight shooter and a great guy! He will be missed. Condolences going out to the Kaye Family. RIP Larry!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nvu4prod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=nvu4prod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.