(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moto_cat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#525 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Just tossing this out there, but maybe we can just have a community night where we all meet at PPM? Those of us that aren't scared of leaving our house, that is.

If you guys see Michael S. ask him if there will be a PPE
    in 2014

3 weeks later
    #673 10 years ago

I haven't heard of "Arcadia ", has anyone been to "High Scores"in
    Alameda yet?

2 weeks later
    #707 10 years ago

Whenever I go to Ace Motorsports in Concord , I always make it a point to go to Phoenix Games. Cool place & always a good line up .

#716 10 years ago
    Quoted from snikrap:

Current line up:
    Twilight Zone
    • Medieval Madness
    • Tales from the Crypt
    • X-Men
    • AC/DC (Premium)
    • Scared Stiff
    • Simpsons Pinball Party
    • Terminator 2
    • Addams Family
    • Frankenstein
    • Champion Pub
    • Diner
    • Star Wars Trilogy

The TZ there has an external sub & is super nice.

#723 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

My interesting morning:
    I go today to Foster Lumber Fairfield to buy some window trim. When I walk inside, I see an EM - Racing theme. My attention is immediately there, and I am talking with my daughter in awe, when the Manager tells me it doesn't work. I quickly say "Then I'm here for you". He grabbed his keys let me have a go at it. I manually ran most of the relays, pulled out a couple few fuses, checking them and putting them back (I have no tools with me) After scratching my head and examing stuff for about 20 mins - It was working
    I'm not sure what the problem was, but my tinkering seemed to fix for now. I wish I would've realized what the problem was, so I could have fixed it properly.
    He gave me a discount on my trim, but the main thing was to see it up and running. I played a couple balls too

I know where that place is, I never would've thought a pinball machine would be inside..

#732 10 years ago

The year flew by . I'm looking forward to Pagg 2014, & hopefully PPE is back too.. I'm hoping there's a good vendor turn out also ..

3 weeks later
    #866 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Is pinball open to the public during regular business hours? Any secret handshakes? I thought when I looked into it last Winter, it was a "no".
    -mof

Yes, bring a pocket full of quarters...

#867 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

The staff there are great. Technically you're supposed to be an ebpl member to go in back on non-league nights but as Steve learned, they'll bend the rules.

Didn't know that , I've always been able to play if they are open .

3 weeks later
    #1051 10 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Believe it or not, I got one of my investor clients a 3bd/2ba 1600 sq ft house in SF for low $200s. Granted, that was about 3 years ago when prices were rock bottom, and the neighborhood was "iffy". He was pretty stoked.

I wonder if he's still stoked 3yrs later?

4 weeks later
    #1320 10 years ago

Will Steve be there all 3 days? I'll have to bring a translite for him to sign.

#1322 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yeah, but he's having a special autograph session on Saturday between 1-5.

Thanks for the info...

4 months later
    #1764 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Anyone know who this is posting on craigslist? Seen a couple posts by them asking people to get together and play pinball around town or in peoples homes. I like the idea but the fact that almost EVERY word is misspelled makes me hesitate to send them an email.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    Text copied and pasted in case it disappears:
    "looking for people who live in the east bay who r interested in getting together once a month or every other month for residential pinball play,it would b nice to find other people wit games who would b willing to participate, let me know whats on ur mind thanks for ur tymn...j.r"

Could go either way , could be a legit request or scoping for places to burglarize..

#1787 9 years ago

Just a reminder , tomorrow the 29th is the last day for CAX pre-registration...

3 months later
    #1959 9 years ago
    Quoted from micro:

Phoenix Games in Concord will be getting a Walking Dead Pro in as well.
    I will post when it is setup and ready to play.

Thanks for the heads up

1 month later
    #2195 9 years ago

I have been going pretty often lately after work

It's been a couple months since I've been there , is Black Rose & Pinball Magic still in the line up?

#2198 9 years ago

Thanks BlobfishXL

1 month later
    #2522 9 years ago

Quoted from the San Jose Mercury News:

The Pacific Pinball Museum, which features nearly 100 vintage arcade games -- most of them still operating and playable by visitors -- recently got the go-ahead from the city of Alameda, Calif. to move from its present Webster Street location to the building that formerly housed the Carnegie branch of the public library; the museum is conducting a fund raising drive to make the move a reality. Photographed Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2015 in Alameda.
    http://photos.mercurynews.com/2015/01/22/photos-pacific-pinball-museum-to-relocate-in-alameda/#1

1 month later
    #2708 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Who do people buy NIB Sterns from on the west coast?

Pinball Refinery in Templeton .. Zdoor on Pinside (Giovanni)

1 month later
    #2921 8 years ago

Question for the locals.
    I want like a big thick sheet of plastic to put down on the inside of my for escape to make it easier to pull pins in and out, like you find in a truck bed. I have carpet in my escape that always pulls up and bunches when I push a pin out.
    Any ideas? That sell that stuff anywhere?

You could use a chair mat. Walmart $20 ,trim it to fit.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

4 months later
    #3318 8 years ago

Looks a lot bigger than the old spot

1 month later
    #3476 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lamboo27:

If you've ever gone to one of Sborel's locations which is playrite pinball btw, you'll notice the playfields are really clean, they stay that way because he installed a fan on the bottom underneath the playfield to keep the games from getting dirty you first have to clean the bottom too, otherwise it will just blow dust around but a small little fan from Wal Mart or so will do the trick the playfields there have never gotten dirty. Alex L CCPL

His games are clean & dialed . I was at Fannie Anne's about a month ago and was definitely impressed with his games . I'd like to see his fan setup.

1 month later
    #3600 8 years ago

Any word on CAX 2016 show dates??

3 weeks later
    3 months later
    #3892 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Any JJP Hobbits in the Bay Area? Please post. thanks

From TJ:

JJP Hobbit on location @ Radio Bar in Oakland - 435 13th St. 4pm-2am daily.

1 month later
    #3982 7 years ago

1000th post . Bump for NorCal

1 month later
    #4055 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

6 months later
    #4299 7 years ago

I was driving home from work yesterday ( EB 80 towards V.V. ) & saw a white Tacoma with a Circus Voltaire in the back . Congrats on the score if it was a pinsider.

2 months later
    #4431 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

NIB Aerosmith coming to Phoenix Games in Concord. ETA 1-2 weeks.
    It will be replacing Rob Zombie, so come by soon if you've been meaning to play it.

Thanks for the heads up

3 years later
    #5922 3 years ago

It’s official, no CAX for 2020

1 year later
    #6983 2 years ago

A friend of mine (not on pinside) has a project machine for sale a 1979 Williams Laser Ball. Solid cab some backglass flaking, alkaline damage on the board. he's asking $350.He also has a Fish Tales & a DP Diner he's selling, in Vacaville local pickup only... pm me if interested to set something up.

#6991 2 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

A friend of mine (not on pinside) has a project machine for sale a 1979 Williams Laser Ball. Solid cab some backglass flaking, alkaline damage on the board. he's asking $350.He also has a Fish Tales & a DP Diner he's selling, in Vacaville local pickup only... pm me if interested to set something up.

Fish Tales sold

1 week later
    #7003 2 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Diner & Fish Tales sold..Lazer Ball project is still available. He’s flexible on price

2 years later
    #8140 6 months ago

Pin-a-gogo load in begins

IMG_8464.jpegIMG_8464.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moto_cat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=moto_cat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.