Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider micro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#823 10 years ago

Hi Steve.

Yes, you are welcome and encouraged to play pins at any time during business hours. If you play Thursday night, you can hang with all the cool kids, and they will stay open later for us in League.

And yes, they do have a change machine.

I hear rumor that a Star Trek, "fancy edition" may make its way there before long....

Chris

1 month later
    #1238 10 years ago

On the Jonny O, and Belles & Chimes issue, yes guys, there is more to it.

I have a pretty good understanding of how this issue unfolded, as well as a few other incidents that have irritated Jonny O recently. Though this was the straw that broke the camel's back, it is certainly not the sole incident that lead to his "being done".

We have certainly been very fortunate to have Jonny O around to run tournaments for years. He has done a great job in the fight for more pinball exposure, and I do owe him thanks for this.

From my seats, it looked like Echa, was trying to very respectfully cite the reason's that the comment was off base. It looked to me like Jonny was the one to lose it.

And we shouldn't disregard how poor his comments were, and give him a pass on it. They were pretty immature, and um .... gross! Show me how joking about boobs to kidding about perving is a logical, fair step. You will lose that argument.

Bottom line here is that he crossed the line publicly (not remotely the first time btw), and joked about something that is taken very seriously by some women here, and should be taken seriously by all people here. Guys, he joked about "perving out" on an all women's tournament. He caused three women to not go to the tournament as a result. Way to support another person's tournament!

He is incredulous that his comments could have the power to persuade people to come or not, but words can be very powerful, and they really did just that.

I like Jonny. I count him as my friend. But why he has to argue this point, and hold his ground, and then eventually decide to just *poof* from the community shows me something else is up.

If it is his choice to bounce from the community, I wish him the best. But I am positive that pinball, and tournaments will survive without him.

#1243 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ilthuain:

If we all keep it classy, we can discuss things and we might actually start to understand where other people are coming from.

Well said!

I also agree that Echa was not off base in publicly responding. It is absolutely her goal to keep her events safe. She acted in her, and her players' best interest in responding.

I also think that the flyer's material was a BAD idea (but certainly NOT Echa's design BTW), especially given the possibility that it would be commented on like it was. Mistakes are made. This was one.

Just as it is important to understand that the "perving" comments can carry severe weight, it is also important to understand how everyone will interpret that flyer. I do not agree that the flyer IN ANY WAY warranted that level of inappropriate response, however.

I think this discussion is worth having, and the publicity to it is important.

#1262 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

I will be the creepy guy in the corner wearing a raincoat and sunglasses.

I re-read my initial post, and felt like I needed to edit some stuff.

#1307 10 years ago

Thanks again for helping load that truck!! Ummm..... lift gate this year?????

#1313 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

I personally almost dumped WWFRR over the side when it became a runaway game halfway down the ramp...

And I almost lost Kevin's Rollergames as well... no pins or pinheads were harmed thankfully

3 months later
    #1707 9 years ago

It is an LE. No more Star Trek LE.

4 months later
    #1958 9 years ago

Phoenix Games in Concord will be getting a Walking Dead Pro in as well.

I will post when it is setup and ready to play.

1 week later
    #2014 9 years ago

I just got back from Denver, and they had 2 walking deads. My thoughts are similar to all new Sterns. Seems like it COULD be fun with code updates. But as it sits, I didn't want to keep playing it after a few games.

High life in Oakland has one, but it plays pretty brutal. I am sure TJ will address that soon enough if he hasn't already.

Concord (Phoenix games) is getting one at some point, but I haven't seen it come in yet.

The ones i played in Denver were less brutal, and more fun, but still not that great with the beta code in there.

1 week later
    #2046 9 years ago

Just to tie up my previous thoughts on TWD pro.

High Life's Pro is playing much better, and way more fun. The code is updated as well, so get in there and try it out. Nice work TJ.

Phoenix games also has TWD up and running, with quite a few LED changes to tone down the crazy white LEDs everywhere. The new colors on the playfield make the game warmer, and I think it fits the theme of the show better personally. On order is the topper, which will be cool to see once it is installed!

1 month later
    #2272 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

It's just, ok.

MOPLE. That game blows this out of the water.
    Thanks again for the good time Phoenix games!

I couldn't agree more. Metallica all the way!

Glad you had a good time at PHX Games.

#2274 9 years ago

I agree with Cheddar. What a great event, especially for a first time host!

And who would have thought, a tournament that didn't last until midnight.

Games were great. Format was really fun (pingolf plus side tourney on Black Hole).

Damien, you did a great job on this one.

Adam, great games. Your TZ played so mean.... It was awesome, even if it cost me the victory.

2 months later
    #2643 9 years ago

Nice NorCal, can't wait to see it!

#2649 9 years ago

Thank you Flamethrower for throwing this Alpha tournament.

It is a great idea, and I hope the turnout is fantastic.

Your continuing time and energy invested in these great events is inspiring.

#2675 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

anyone going to check it out in Mountain View this weekend?

Hey Blownfuse,

I went out to look at the Boogie. I met a nice family that were needing to get rid of their whole warehouse. The machine was more or less complete. The game did power on, but not booting up properly. It looked to be in great shape, other than just being dirty, and being obviously stored in various temperatures. Perfect backglass, great cabinet (one chip on one side) and near perfect BG.

We settled on $200, and I loaded it up.

Getting it home, and setup, me and a buddy went through several things. After some work, we managed to get it down to the following issues.

2 non working displays, 1 other display with issues, one drop target not registering and the chimes not working.

The games boots, and plays just fine otherwise! it is going to be great once we get everything cleaned up and shining.

Hoping to bring it to pin a go go if I can get it solid.

What an interesting adventure it was on this interesting game. I read somewhere that it may very well be the first Solid State game. Cool!

#2677 9 years ago

It came with the glass. He had it removed for pictures.

I am trying to see if the flippers can be saved, but it looks like I may be missing one of the parts to get one of them back on.

I may need to swap out the whole assemblies for other flippers from Williams (or a different manufacturer).

I haven't tackled the displays yet, but getting the game working 100% will be doable.

If anyone has a lead on flipper parts for Allied Leisure (or a 3d plastic printing machine ), let me know!!

#2681 9 years ago

I started this thread for my ongoing attempt to bring this sucker back alive.

I have actually sourced flipper parts from eBay, so I should be good on that.

Now, to see if I can get more than one display working...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-displays-for-allied-leisure-or-help-repairing-if-possible

#2699 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Who do people buy NIB Sterns from on the west coast?

Trent with Tilt Amusements
    game exchange in CO

maybe others...

1 week later
    #2757 9 years ago

Which games?

Was Lethal Weapon one of them?

3 weeks later
    #2836 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Steve and Cliffy were the first two people I met with when I first got into pinball back in 1999. Not a shabby duo if I say so myself!!! Both are outstanding gentlemen and showed me the ropes of this hobby.

Steve is a jerk. He has way too many fun games that he graciously let me play on more than one occasion.

Because of him, I had to hunt down 2 system 80a games, and keep the damn things working.

Don't visit him unless you want to be introduced to a handful of games that you will want to own.

#2848 9 years ago

4607 Clayton Rd.

#2853 9 years ago
    Quoted from tjbeyer:

This came at the expense of Medieval Madness, Ironman, and Buck Hunter (which didn't make the journey from the old location), so there would be room for Star Wars, Frankenstein, and TFTC. Still the same # of pinballs as before (if you count the back room at the old location).

I will miss 2 out of three of those!

10 months later
    #3777 8 years ago

I have some games for sale. Here are some quick details. Let me know if you are interested in any of these.

Data East MNF (beautiful game, looks HUO) - $1700

Allied Leisure 1976 Boogie (2 broken scoring units, 2 working. Comes with extra playfield full of rare parts) - $500 (see market)

Collector quality BSD. No fade, no wear, LED tastefully, upgraded sound, painted plastics (done WELL). Best BSD you will see - $3900

Gottlieb Alien Star. BG 9, Playfield 8 (some wear on top near STAR targets), Cabinet 8 (comes with new set of plastics, and many NOS
    parts) - 1250 (see market)

#3784 8 years ago

BSD SOLD, thanks for the interest everyone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider micro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=micro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.