(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mann0mann.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4189 7 years ago

New member here, not sure if introductions are necessary....but I'll go for it - Im in Concord/Walnut Creek Area (Clayton). I'm a longtime vid guy (have 16 currently) and just picked up my first pin - The Getaway. I'm fortunate to have Phoenix games right next door to where I work so it's been hard to pull the trigger on a pin when I can just go over and drop a few bucks a couple times a week.

But love having a pin in the gameroom now, first time I've ever seen my wife come out and turn on a game and play on her own. I about $hit a brick when it happened. That was awesome. Made me want to sell all my video games on the spot and get more pins. LOL

Have had the Getaway for a couple weeks. Not sure if it's a keeper (I'm not that good) but definitely want to start looking for another. World Cup Soccer seems like one I've enjoyed playing before, theme kinda blows but not sure...

Happy to take NorcalRealator's advice though and just quit sweating the title, just jump in and get one!

#4191 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Congrats on getting your first pin! I foresee a healthy mix of vids and pins in your future.
    Does your Getaway already have NVRam and LEDs? If you need a hand with anything let me know.

Thanks again. Really appreciate all your guidance the last month.

Haven't converted to NVRAM yet, I am very familiar with that process and have even ordered some for some of the vid applications over the years. I'll get on that soon. I did have to put about $100-$150 into it to get it going, mostly cosmetic stuff (plastics, buttons, leg accessories, etc) but I did put in two new flipper assemblies since the ones I had were mismatched coils and needed rebuilds.

Definitely thinking about LED's and even started building an order on Comet, but thought I would cool my jets a little and make sure I really enjoy this title before I go too crazy.

It's funny, as soon as the first one was in the gameroom....all I've been thinking about is adding the next.

#4220 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinball Fans...
    I'm in Northern California; Looking for a couple games;
    Caribbean Cruise - Cocktail-Pinball-Machine - 1989
    1992 Williams "the Getaway" High Speed
    Thanks!
    Kerry

Kerry - here you go...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/20558055@N07/0853Z9

#4229 7 years ago

I'm excited to announce that I just placed a brand new Rob Zombie on location at Phoenix Games in Concord! According to the Pin Map there are only 8 on location on Earth! Best of all, the owner of the store insisted I set it on Adult Mode! The call outs are nuts and I got a Hand Job Bonus on my first ball . Returning tomorrow to install a shaker and a knocker.

Only played one game but it was awesome. The multiball was so much fun. I think it was a 7 ball multiball, so hard to keep up! Thanks for bringing that out to share! Can't wait to play it again...

3 weeks later
    #4257 7 years ago

Any chance there is a nice Addams Family out there available....the kids and I have been all over the last month playing, looking like this is the title they want me to pursue.

1 month later
    #4301 7 years ago

I have a small operator friend who has a nice T2 pin, it's currently on location in Hayward

Apparently the new owner of the location wants something different now and so my friend is selling. He wants $2200 for it. If anyone is interested, please pm me and I'll play matchmaker .

1 month later
    #4406 7 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Thanks Marc & Leo for the kind words!
    By the way, in case folks hadn't heard, Free Gold Watch has Dialed In for a little bit! Not sure how long exactly, but I jumped at the chance to play it and drove up from the South Bay yesterday afternoon. Game shoots amazingly well, top-notch layout & geometry. Didn't get enough play on it to give an opinion on rules etc, but you could just tell it's got that "one more game" & "gotta get it" feel to it! Go play it before it's gone! They're also streaming it at http://twitch.tv/sfpins

Went to FGW today to go play this. It's nice! It's got some really great shots and the insert/light show is pretty good. I had no clue what the hell was going on and what the "story" of the game was supposed to be. But really enjoyable gameplay.

1 week later
    #4432 7 years ago

If any NorCal pinsiders are into vids as well, I'm really thinking about giving up the majority of my collection to get another pin. I've got several Japanese candy cabs, cabaret donkey king and asteroid deluxe and a Robotron are some of my more desirable games.

Just throwing it out there.

#4439 7 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Got a toobin or Indiana Jones?

I'm sorry. Don't have either of those. Agree with you guys on Toobin...fun game, unique cab!

1 week later
    #4453 7 years ago

I'm looking for a Metallica Pro and have a very nice Shadow to offer as trade towards one, if you know anyone or are interested. I'm located in the East Bay - Walnut Creek/Concord area. Will be happy to provide pics and lots of details. Only pic I had on hand at the moment though...

IMG_6682 (resized).JPGIMG_6682 (resized).JPG

3 months later
    #4570 6 years ago

Longshot.....but I'd like to get a Metallica and Stern Star Trek. Sort of have leads on each of them. Can only fund the deal if I sell my MMR Limited Edition - gold trim. It's got full side art and apron art, original apron with the LE plaque, Lenticular Backglass art. Laseriffic topper, upgraded speakers, color dmd upgrade, bottom lit trolls and merlin scoop, and full plastic protectors. Not sure if I can post a price here, so don't want to break any rules. I guess just hit me up with a pm if there's any interest.

IMG_8150 (resized).JPGIMG_8150 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #4644 6 years ago

I just picked up a load of stuff from an operator I know going out of business, got two things I thought might be of interest for anyone local.

1.) What looks to be a NOS Gorgar Backglass. It was completely sealed and wrapped up in paper. I had to pop the cherry and cut the package open to check. Looks pretty much mint.

2.) Williams 1977-1978 Parts Catalog and a 1974-75 Parts Catalog price list.

If anyone is interested in either of these please PM me.

If it's okay to post I picture I will, but I didn't want to break any rules

#4646 6 years ago

Ok...I didn't fully pull it out of the wrapping, only for fear of not being able to get it back in again. I stood there literally for like 15 minutes going should I cut this open, should I pop the cherry? I think I have to...

That sucker was pretty much sealed tight an other than that exposed corner, there looks like there is no wear at all.

IMG_0482 (resized).JPGIMG_0482 (resized).JPG

IMG_0481 (resized).JPGIMG_0481 (resized).JPG

IMG_0480 (resized).JPGIMG_0480 (resized).JPG

IMG_0483 (resized).JPGIMG_0483 (resized).JPG

#4650 6 years ago

That's beautiful. If I were you I'd frame it and keep it.

I considered it. But it's a little bit out of place with the decor of the 'family" game room. And ultimately I kinda feel like it would be a shame to not let this live on in a game...

So if anyone is in need locally, drop me a line please

1 month later
    #4742 6 years ago

A really good operator friend of mine just created a pinball lounge inside of a local pool hall (Chalk it Up) in Hawyard. There's a bar, food, pool (obviously) some vids and eight (8) pins are available to play right now. Hours are really good too, open to midnight during the week and till 2 a.m Fri-Sat-Sun. Just thought I'd share with the local crowd as another location to go play.

Address is 22540 Foothill Blvd, Hayward, CA 94541

Pinball lounge (resized).jpgPinball lounge (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #4879 6 years ago

hey guys, again trying to help my pal Dave out at https://twitter.com/pinddown.

Anyone in the Hayward interested in starting a league? He's really looking for some help to get some traction going.

Dave 510-432-1509
    [email protected]

#4883 6 years ago

Got a really good friend in Vacaville, looking to sell his MMR. He's not on pinside. Thought I'd mention it here for him.

Medieval Madness LE. Black trim, #824/1000. Upgraded Kicker speakers. Comes with Cliffys/Pinbits protectors (purchased but uninstalled). Approx 300 plays. Color DMD (and regular rom). Single Owner - purchased direct, warranty registered, all paperwork present.

He would love to sell this quick and without much fuss. If anyone is interested, drop me a pm and I'll play matchmaker.

IMAG0495 (resized).jpgIMAG0495 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mann0mann.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=mann0mann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.