6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,623 posts
  • 284 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by CCPL
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 761 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FFF9A780-91FC-4CBD-A477-38C625B4A9CD (resized).jpeg
    20190821_190036 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1566522024411 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1566096103163 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1563162465731 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1563162454348 (resized).jpg
    20190709_213416 (resized).jpg
    20190709_213440 (resized).jpg
    20190709_213451 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190710_144912402 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190710_144915300 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190710_144918241 (resized).jpg
    29749C53-F9B9-4510-A7FD-F34B157FAECF (resized).jpeg
    20190629_131731 (resized).jpg
    file (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3518 3 years ago

Hey Nor Cal folks. I'm considering getting a pro to restore and clear coat my playfield. Anyone have any suggestions for solid folks nearby that know what they are doing? I'm in Mill Valley.

I'd do it myself but honestly I'm a little intimidated by the tear down and reassembly.

#3528 3 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

GL Jay! That would be way out of my comfort zone too. How bad is your ToM now?

My ToM is in pretty good shape. There are some paint chips around the trunk, and one decal appears chipped on one of the inserts. However, there are lots of ball trails, tons of mylars the previous owner put in different places/lanes, and really what it needs is a once over and clear coat.

The argument being that the time to do it is when it's in decent shape, not wait for the paint to get destroyed.

It's not an emergency, but I'd love to find someone who specializes in this.

#3530 3 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

The argument being that the time to do it is when it's in decent shape, not wait for the paint to get destroyed. It's not an emergency, but I'd love to find someone who specializes in this.

I'll be honest, it's tempting to do it myself, and Vid's guide is fantastic. However, I look at my machine and I know the process would take months given my schedule, and I'd probably poison myself in the process, or end up clear coating my cat.

11 months later
    #4222 2 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

I have an Harbor Freight hydraulic cart that had been going down very slowly. This morning I decided to monkey with it and see if I could fix it. Unsuccessful. So much so that it now works worse than before. If someone's good with hydraulics and thinks he/she can fix he/she can have it. Otherwise I'll put it on the street tomorrow and it'll find its way to the scrap metal yard in no time. It's yellow and in good condition with the bent handle mod. PM me for detail.

I'm about to engage in a similar repair on mine. Any tips before I jump in? Plan was to pump it fully up, drop it half way, refill the hydraulic fluid.

#4224 2 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

If you are having issues with the table not going up then you might have too much air in the system and your approach should fix it.
    In my case, the problem was with the table not going down so I tried to reseat the release valve which I thought was the problem (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table?tq=valve&tu#post-471352). It did not help. I actually made the mistake of filling the fluid with the table all the way up and I made a mess.
    If you are going to take the thing apart, make sure you have some snap ring pliers. Also, the spring that is around the piston attached to the pump pedal needs to be 30% compressed for the pedal assembly to make it back around the shaft. I was doing the whole thing on my own so it wasn't easy to compress the spring and position the assembly. Locking pliers saved my life. Compress the spring around the shaft and lock it in place with the pliers.

My table slowly sinks. I don't think I have the patience to take it all apart. If I can just add some fluid and solve the problem, fine. If not, I'm afraid I'd destroy it by trying what you did!

5 months later
    #4464 2 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

The NIB Aerosmith arrived at Phoenix Games this afternoon. It is now set up and on the floor. I only put 3-4 games on it so far, but I can already tell it's a good pin. Good layout. A couple challenging shots. Fast. Good flow. Cool lock toy and multiballs. No cheap drains except off the magnet sometimes. The new display is a revelation. The improved sound quality is apparent.
    Also, trying something new and throwing out a cash prize for whoever is GC in 30 days. The prize is for East Bay Pinball League members only, but it's not too late to join. You just have to start coming on Thursday nights. We play at 7:30PM every Thursday.
    p.s. No insert ghosting. No cabinet splitting. Beautiful clear coat. Don't let a few isolated complaints stop you from buying one. I am very happy with it.
    p.p.s. The Dirty Donny side blades from Stern are the tits. Just make sure to do a wet install by misting the backsides with Windex before you apply which allows you to re-position them for a couple minutes. I had both sides installed in under 10 minutes without removing the playfield. Piece of cake.

I rarely jump in to offer input re: Stern machines but I just played an LE when I was traveling (Sydney) and I have to echo everything said here. When I first watched the various cartoons my initial reaction was it seemed cheesy, but after a few minutes, it MAJORLY grew on me. It was a massive improvement over the crappy low-res videos of previous titles, and honestly a better alternative than watching live video of the real band (unless you are into watching old people rock). I'm an amateur player but it kept me engaged, and I watched experienced players play it and get pretty deep into it.

Caveat, while I generally like Aerosmith, I'm not a super fan. If I was going to get a rock band pin, it would be this one.

#4466 2 years ago

I like Metallica. I think this is a better game. Sorry! Let's play them side by side at FGW? Who has an Aerosmith?

5 months later
    #4676 1 year ago

Harley, we are all thinking of you! Hang in there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 43.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside