Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,372 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfesler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2634 9 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

First, I was curious if anyone else in the Bay Area is planning on getting an MMR. I put a deposit on one and can't wait to get mine, hopefully in the next month or two.

Ordered, and impatiently waiting

1 week later
    #2672 9 years ago

I've been trading volunteer hours for education at the PPM - works out to be a nice trade. Given the workout those machines get, there is always stuff to do; and consequently, stuff to learn.

Having something in the south bay sounds like a great opportunity.

1 month later
    #2824 9 years ago

I was at the boardwalk's main arcade a few months back. The machines were in bad need of maintenance. Weak flippers, broken sensors in scoops. Eventually ball seek would get you going again..

2 weeks later
    #2896 9 years ago

rule #1: nobody talks about EM club.

2 weeks later
    #2936 8 years ago

How many dowels do you typically use? Do you leave the pin on the dowels during transport?

#2939 8 years ago

Thanks. I'll have to give this a shot next time around. The spray-in bed liner is normally awesome - but not so much when you want to slide a 300 pound crate around without damaging the edging. I've been putting a tarp down to smooth the way.

My main concern is the weight (plus the bouncing in the truck) being put against just a few points of the cabinet. I can tie it down to avoid any lateral movement easy enough.

3 weeks later
    #2965 8 years ago

Looking for someone relatively local (CA or NV) to do a restore on a moster bash. Cabinet restore, coin door swap, decals, playfield swap. Any recommendations within driving range?

#2973 8 years ago

Thanks guys!

3 weeks later
    #3029 8 years ago

JJ from Game Exchange of Colorado has been great for me. Call and ask for a pinside price. Delivery has been qucik - usually just a couple business days from his location to mine in Santa Clara. Great post delivery support too.

2 months later
    #3298 8 years ago

Not with Holiday Friday traffic I won't. Bad enough on Monday nights.

#3309 8 years ago

15 games? Wow. I haven't been there since they moved. Sounds like it might be worth a trip.

#3328 8 years ago

Looking for a Star Trek LE or Premium. Wife says "Make it so."
    Starting with the California threads for a cash-n-carry deal.

#3331 8 years ago

Agreed. Anyone in the south bay that wants to check one out is welcome to PM me.

#3345 8 years ago

Looking for STLE .

Also looking for Aurich's ST Translite. In case I have to settle for ST:Premium.

#3349 8 years ago

You buying just one, or a bulk order? Did they know the quantity? Maybe that'll help bring the price in.

Might also be worth calling down to Sacramento area glass shops - bigger market, more competition, etc.

1 week later
    #3394 8 years ago

FGW for condition, and some really great titles.

PPM for variety and play all you want for one entry price. The machines there can use more TLC; maintenance is an all volunteer deal. Wide variety from 50s to present.

My one visit to play land was unimpressive. At least for my visit most machines were nearly unplayable. I have not gone back to see if things changed or if my visit was a fluke.

Visiting Phoenix Games in Concord has been on my bucket list since their last move.

Depending on how my server rebuild is going this weekend I might be willing to open up my collection not far from San Jose. I always look for an excuse. pm me if interested for Saturday or Sunday.

5 months later
    #3859 8 years ago

I can assure you the remodel is temporary. I'm not a fan of the disruption myself, and am looking forward to things getting back to normal .

I'm guessing the machines that are in the front room are *really* getting worked over, with the back room closed. Repairs are done weekly (many of us attend fixit nights on Mondays, and come from pretty far away).

#3865 8 years ago

Give it another week or so. Alas, after TPF, I'm too tuckered out to drive all the way up to Alameda in rush hour; so I don't know the current state of things. That said, this is the announcement on their web site:

The back portion of the museum will be closed for renovations from March 15th through March 25th, but the museum will remain open! The pinball machines will be moved to the front of the museum and will still be accessible to play during this time. However, this will fill up the party rooms so they cannot be reserved for parties during the renovation.

Please check back on March 26th to see the improvements!

1 week later
    #3873 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Does anyone have a good contact email addy for PPM? (other than the generic form on their website)
    Had a question about my membership but would prefer to email VS call.

Their generic form actually does reach Michael or Jeanie. Last time I used it, Michael responded in ~20 minutes. Lucky timing I'm sure but I know it works.

10 months later
    #4361 7 years ago

Time to make some room. Looking for local buyers.

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Extras: - LED OCD, GI OCD from Herg (ledocd.com) - Color DMD (willing to put it back to original Plasma instead) - Topper (tilttopper.com) - NVRAM - Invisiglass or regular...”
    2017-02-18
    Santa Clara, CA
    Archived after: 4 days
    Viewed: 217 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#4366 7 years ago

+1 For JJ. Good pre sales and post sales support. Ships super fast. Always call for a price.

5 months later
    #4586 6 years ago

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k5wv5niyfyvnkwj/AADofprrVsvM0OmgxhBEOcPza?dl=0
    IJ4 posted, located in Santa Clara (near San Jose).

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Used - shows wear, needs some work - “The good: * 8 ball multiball is always good for a laugh when a new player plays the game * Friendly game for a wide variety of audiences, except maybe league players * LED - tastef...”
    2017-08-12
    Santa Clara, CA
    Archived after: 1 day
    Viewed: 315 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#4593 6 years ago

GOT LE also needs to go, the shop is full. (Yeah, BRG, I know.). Gonna swap out this SR game for the next SR game..

Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Limited Edition, under 400 plays (at the time of this post). "The Limited Edition model delivers all the play features of the Premium model, while also featuring a Certificate of ...”
    2017-08-17
    Santa Clara, CA
    Archived after: 1 day
    Viewed: 61 times

3 weeks later
    #4628 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I WISH I saw this. Will reach out. Looking for a chime unit. Any chime unit that is 3 chimes

If you don't find what you're looking for locally.. and you're willing to pay a bit.. I had good luck with this:
    http://www.crowriver.com/clock/clockparts.htm
    "Refurbished 3 tone chime assembly. Made by Gottlieb, with 24V coils."

As posted here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wnbjm-with-chimes

7 months later
    #4922 6 years ago

Looking for recommendations.

We're planning ahead for a move in the fall. We've got a new home construction happening that's got space for our collection. Yay us! But, the collection will need to move, from Santa Clara to Tracy. Whoops. Shoulda thought of this before getting into this hobby.

Any referrals (or even suggestions) on who can move our pinball collection? I'm looking for secure transport from a ground floor warehouse to a ground floor home (with a typical slopped driveway, and threshold at the door). I can handle leveling once moved, but I'd gladly pay for that too. It's more than I want to tackle on my own; and on the (commercial) warehouse side I don't have adequate insurance to have friends help. I'd rather outsource it to someone adequately equipped, and insured.

1 week later
    #4935 6 years ago

Alas, I've got meet ups booked until Oct 2.

Once I get stuff moved, I'll be happy to host for folks who don't mind the drive.

1 week later
    #4947 5 years ago

Finally made it to The Flipper Room.

Wow.. What a nice collection, and in fantastic shape.

3 weeks later
    #4962 5 years ago

Gotta sell a machine this summer, and ST LE is lowest on my list. Color DMD and shaker. If anyone's local this weekend and wants to check it out (or otherwise come bang on my other machines) holler.

1 week later
    #4963 5 years ago

I can't leave pinside feedback for a game sold off market, so .. I'll say it here.

Thanks to DaveB for being a great buyer. No drama, communicated, arrived as coordinated and real easy to work with. The bills may or may not be counterfeit but they seem to spend fine so far! Thanks man.

/me heads off to give Pinside a donation in lieu of the marketplace commission

2 months later
    #5063 5 years ago

So, how long till IdahoRealtor or drypaint order Deadpool for the east bay?

3 weeks later
    #5088 5 years ago

I'd volunteer if they put the word out they needed it. <shrug> But I've heard nothing.
    Just as good, honestly - that's just a couple days before moving day for me.

#5100 5 years ago

Thanks to the GSPF team for their second best event of the year, and to Mike at The Flipper Room for making his stellar place available. Fantastic afternoon.

4 weeks later
    #5131 5 years ago

Never saw a call for volunteers, so assuming they've got it "handled". Gonna *try* and stop in, but I'm also >< close to moving, and need to finish prepping my own machines for the move.

#5138 5 years ago

I'm shutting down my secret lair in Santa Clara, and moving all my toys to a new home in the Central Valley. This means that the magic beer fridge is now surplus.

FREE!
    Black Frigidaire Fridge/Freezer combo, 18 cubic feet total
    First owner. I'd say HUO, but it's been in my secret lair. So, it's SLUO.
    Manufacturing tag says 11-12, so .. 6-7 years since the R134a coolant was put in. 4-5 years of actual service.

The real question is, how much beer will fit? Here's the fridge section in action.
    IMG_0440 (resized).jpgIMG_0440 (resized).jpg

Salsa NOT included.

Throw this into your man cave, and you'll never have to listen to your nagging spouse again. Just hole up in the cave, at least while the supplies last. Or, stick this in your garage, to keep extra beverages chilled for league night. If nothing else, when your spouse gives you the boot, you'll have chilled drinks while sleeping in the garage. The possibilities are endless.

FREE on SATURDAY ONLY.
    - Bring a truck to Santa Clara
    - Bring muscle
    - Pick it up on Saturday
    - Evil laugh around the spouse while loading it with flats of Pabst Blue Ribbon, perhaps while playing TPCC.

I'll consider other evenings, but then the price goes up a couple hundred to cover my pain and suffering and 4 hours rush-hour stop-and-go driving.

PM me if you're able to commit to this.

#5141 5 years ago

No nibbles on the free fridge? Don’t see me post to craigslist!

1 week later
    #5164 5 years ago

ENOSPACE. I need a bigger house..

#5168 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Are you at capacity at the new house?

Yep!
    384C5EA5-31A2-4A08-9880-95D3BD75C2EA (resized).jpeg384C5EA5-31A2-4A08-9880-95D3BD75C2EA (resized).jpeg0991F429-2773-461B-B9FD-B707B729C82E (resized).jpeg0991F429-2773-461B-B9FD-B707B729C82E (resized).jpeg

Out of capacity in the arcade room, yes. Once ACNC arrives we hit the 20 limit. Any more and we’ll have to crawl under a machine to get into the arcade!

3270AB1A-3925-4733-BC93-E6E49D37D2F2 (resized).jpeg3270AB1A-3925-4733-BC93-E6E49D37D2F2 (resized).jpeg

Of course, there is room in this corner. But that is slated for the beer fridge. I’d rather it be close than out in the garage, particularly when we have people over.

63E75F8C-88A6-4315-9250-6691D627ADC8 (resized).jpeg63E75F8C-88A6-4315-9250-6691D627ADC8 (resized).jpeg

Pong still needs to make its way up to the loft from downstairs. SOB is heavy, waiting until I get my stair lift from the shop. But that’s slated to become the loft coffee table. Wife’s cocktail Pac-Man ended up in her office.

Only space left is the garage or the porch!

#5173 5 years ago

Thanks folks. I'm still settling in to the new place. We should be up to having guests starting Thanksgiving week.

#5178 5 years ago

I can do a casual “soft open” Saturday. I’ve got a couple deliveries, and a neon install .. PM for location info if interested.

#5179 5 years ago

For those of you near Tracy CA (or "Near Enough"):

IMG_0061.jpgIMG_0061.jpg

The house isn't 100% done - we'll still have a few deliveries that day. Kids are welcome if they are past the "drink the bleach" stage; the house is not_ kid proofed.

I'll be honest, I'm gonna be a crappy host. The magical beer fridge is EMPTY. Which means, BYOB. You might even bring a snack. We're totally not really ready, but damnit, I've had this place a month now.. it's time!

Coincidentally, this is also the "Second Saturday" of the month. We're leaning towards doing this regularly, on second Saturdays, unless there's a known conflict elsewhere. Feedback welcome!

(cc pinostalgia imagamejunky imagamejunky @arcadenerd925)

#5183 5 years ago

Pencil it in Dec 8

1 week later
    #5208 5 years ago

People "local enough" to Tracy:

I've settled on "Second Saturdays" as our recurring event in our home in Tracy. Dec 8 is our next gathering, 1p-8p. If you want an invite, please PM me. If you're on FB, friend "Jason Fesler", and I'll add you to the event. Otherwise (or also!) PM me with your email address.

3 weeks later
    #5248 5 years ago

Congrats on the MBr! I thought you were sticking to older titles going forward

3 weeks later
    #5265 5 years ago

Our (now) usual casual monthly gathering in Tracy is happening this Saturday, starting at 1p. Games, pizza, beer, but no WPPR's. PM if interested.

#5267 5 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Damn! Always when I have an event going on. I'll make it one of these times.

Our usual plan is “Second Saturdays”. This month I had a conflict.

Have fun with the tourney. Should be a blast!

1 month later
    #5322 5 years ago

Starting local. Trying to clear up one more space to shake things up. Selling either of these:

#5324 5 years ago

Anyone know any “local” distributors for Invisiglass, or Stern’s glass?

JJP offers no bulk discounts, and with shipping... it’s worth asking around

#5328 5 years ago

I'll bring my Escalera, zaphX!

#5329 5 years ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

I’m sure Chris “Pinball Pirate” in Benicia can get Stern HD glass.

He's looking into it.

3 weeks later
    #5355 5 years ago

I’m picking up 4 sheets of Stern HD glass today from the Pirate. If anyone is considering making an order with Marco for GSPF delivery, but want to check it out first .. I’ll be happy to have people either this evening or tomorrow.

I’ve got a ton of Invisiglass to compare with, as well as a sheet of regular Stern glass.

Stern glass is 240/sheet plus CA tax; I’m picking up so no shipping.

Invisiglass runs 300 a sheet, plus shipping is approximately 80 for two sheets (so 340 a sheet in quantities of 2). No volume discount from JJP.

1 month later
    #5431 4 years ago

Star Wars Premium, shaker, knocker, invisiglass. $6500 firm.
    Hagglers special: I start at $6800, though you can probably talk me down by $300.
    PM for pics. FaceTime/Skype video inspections before driving are welcome and encouraged.

#5433 4 years ago

ACNC is in the house. We’re enjoying the hell out of it.

If anyone wants to come over this Saturday, our regularly monthly gathering starts at 1p and runs till 9p.

#5440 4 years ago

If you're visiting the Flipper Room, go also list the Phoenix.
    If you're visiting Pheonix, go visit the Flipper Room.

Both are good.

#5442 4 years ago

Real ads posted, with pics.
    Doctor Who with moving Dalek head, OCD, Invisiglass. $3500. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-doctor-who-32
    Star Wars Premium with Invisiglass, shaker, knocker, $6500. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-wars-premium-7

2 weeks later
    #5467 4 years ago

*Next* Saturday, our usual Second Saturdays gathering in happening in cow-town Tracy, 1pm - 9pm. The crowd that shows up is half pinheads, and half casual players. PM if you're interested; my only ask will be that if you're having pizza, fill out the RSVP link I send you so I can size the pizza order correctly.

Latest games: BK:SOR, JJPOTC, ACNC.

1 month later
    #5515 4 years ago

Anyone putting Wonka on location in Sacramento or Bay Area any time soon?

2 months later
    #5593 4 years ago

Usual Second Saturday at my place in Tracy. 1p to 9p. PM for an address.

And if not that Pinball Pirate has an open house up in Benecia.

Get back to flipping, slackers!

#5598 4 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I’m only going if PG&amp;E says it’s ok. Otherwise Tracy without Pinball and no Air conditioning will keep me away!

Oh, you “the Bay Area never gets hot”’ people. Sheesh! Good thing we’re not currently on alert.

Also fwiw I’ve got enough battery power to keep a pinball machine playing for about 22 hours. Hydrate your underpants and get back to playing!

#5611 4 years ago

My usual "Second Saturdays" for October will slip a week (to 10/19), to the to make room for PAGG on the calendar.

#5621 4 years ago

Hrm. Drat. I'm told PAGG is also the weekend our community gathering is, and I had promised to bring a pinball machine to it. Sounds like I'll only be at PAGG if it's raining.

#5624 4 years ago

Flipper_McGavin If you don't mind a drive, Wonka's in a few Bay Area places: The Flipper Room (Concord), Lvl Up (Campbell), Free Gold Watch (SF).
    FGW also has a Woz.

3 weeks later
    #5659 4 years ago

Our usual "Second Saturdays" event (a week late for PAGG) at our house tomorrow 1p-9p. Burgers, dogs, links, tater salad, brownies, and .. whatever you want to bring. .

PM for directions.

#5660 4 years ago

In other news: picked up a rivet press from pinrestore. If you're got ramps or plastics to rivet, and nobody with a press is closer to you, you're welcome to come over and use mine.

2 weeks later
    #5688 4 years ago

Our usual Second Saturdays event is this Saturday. However, no bbq this time due to the wife having an "incident" last week. At 2p I'll order pizza for anyone who is around and wants it. Chips/salsa. Plus whatever you want to bring. Beer fridge is loaded but always accepts bottled donations.

4 weeks later
    #5708 4 years ago

2 weeks later
    #5734 4 years ago

We finally got our Wonka CE. It'll be available for our usual Second Saturdays event in Tracy, the next of which is Jan 11th. Hit up if you want to be added to the Facebook group for that event; my FB profile is here.

1 week later
    #5745 4 years ago

Everyone bags on IJ4, but .. it's actually a fair bit of fun for casual players. It's always fun to watch people's reaction to ark multiball.

#5768 4 years ago

Our usual Second Saturdays casual event is this Saturday, 1p-9p in Tracy. PM me if interested.

2 months later
    #5808 4 years ago

Our usual Second Saturdays casual event is on this weekend. Saturday, 1p to 9p, in Tracy. Please use common sense re health. Our place is a No Corona zone, but IPA is stocked.

We'll be ordering pizza at 2pm for a 3pm delivery. We'll order based on who's around or let's me know in advance.

#5811 4 years ago

jbovenzi: YES! That stuff is backordered on Amazon till after tax day.

1 week later
    #5818 4 years ago

Probably wasn't a bad time to liquidate a few machines, in hindsight.

6 months later
    #6326 3 years ago

Remember the Atari Mechanical Pong tables? I need the space, so mine's up for sale. $1500 OBO.
    Negatives:never got the bluetooth working (game music and sounds work fine). Upstairs - you're gonna need to bring muscle. 150 pounds. Located in Tracy, CA.

I"ve got two of the Atari stools as well - $100 each only if they go with the pong table, otherwise, I'll keep them for my game room.

2 months later
    #6504 3 years ago

Bryce, do what I did for a few years - warehouse space .

1 year later
    #7280 2 years ago

Anyone know if Chris Fox is still doing his thing? About to post a game or two, and he's the only shipper I'd trust, otherwise cash on the glass.

#7284 2 years ago

flippersticks thanks. Funhouse left the building a few hours ago. AFM, pending. Making room for Rush LE and GNR.

5 months later
    #7573 1 year ago

Just did the woz 2.0 lighting kit (zaphX really!).

Which means I have spare boards (v1.1, 7.5v unbuffered). If you're local enough and need a specific board, ping me with the part number.

Inventory for the search engine:
    - 15-0018-00
    - 15-0018-01
    - 15-0018-02
    - 15-0018-03
    - 15-0018-04
    - 15-0018-05
    - 15-0018-06
    - 15-0018-07
    - 15-0018-08
    - 15-0018-09
    - 15-0018-10
    - 15-0018-11
    - 31 of the single position LED boards; I don't see a JJP part number. If someone needs one send me the identifying marks and I'll match up what I have with yours.

5 months later
    #7778 1 year ago

Posted my Rick and Morty:

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Peace among worlds! Blood Sucker Edition, with factory extras: - Plastic Protectors - Interior Graphics - Knocker - Shaker - Speaker Light Kit - Target Decals - Kalaxian Cr...”
    2022-12-04
    Tracy, CA
    Archived after: 5 days
    Viewed: 633 times
    Contributed to Pinside

4 months later
    #7931 11 months ago

Wonka CE, located in Tracy.

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO, 431 lifetime plays at time of posting, bought from Pinball Star. - Invisiglass (Comes with all CEs) - Cliffies on the drops - shaker - Factory mod Overall great shape,...”
    2023-04-30
    Tracy, CA
    Archived after: 7 days
    Viewed: 257 times
    Contributed to Pinside

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfesler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=jfesler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.