(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1564 10 years ago

I have a Fish Tales and Batman Forever that i will be looking to trade shortly. Going to clean them up first and possible led them not sure yet. Im in Redding, Ca but can meet up if the distance isn't to bad. Send some trade offers for other pins, i dont really have anything particular in mind, would love to get my hands on an avengers though. Ill get some pics up after i clean them up.

#1566 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

are you thinking about bringing them to pin a go go? that would be a great place to sell/ trade. that and I have not played Batman Forever. see you at pagg.

Ill be at pagg but aren't bringing any pins. 3 friends want to go with me so we are car pooling which leaves no room for pins,

#1573 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

are you thinking about bringing them to pin a go go? that would be a great place to sell/ trade. that and I have not played Batman Forever. see you at pagg.

Guys ive been thinking and if someone from my area is gonig down to PAGG and has room, i would let them take my Batman forever for the show. As long as they are a known trusted member of the site and aren't going just take my game and i never hear from them again lol.

#1575 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Maybe check with user KenPin. He lives in Redding as well and I believe is coming to PAGG.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/kenpin

Thanks fattrain i will send him a pm.

1 week later
    #1607 9 years ago

I have a batman forever for sale. Will be posting pictures tonight / tomorrow. Game is located in Redding, Ca and I am looking for 2400 OBO. It just had a light shop job on it, where i cleaned it, replaced all rubbers with super bands on flipper bats, replaced flipper bats, flipper springs, flipper bushings, also replaced some coil sleeves. Put the upgraded wiring harness in for the DMD display that sega recommands in their service bulletin. It also comes with a set of NOS clip plastics and service manual. Game places great. Has some light wear around the flipper buttons that could be covered. Does have a gouge / chunk taking out of the front of the cab on the upper left corner by the lock down bar. Well get pics up, pm me if interested or have any questions. Also feel free to pm me with trade offers.

EDIT: pics are up please see my forsale thread here and let me know if you have any questions.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-batman-forever-2400-obo#post-1603019

1 week later
    #1653 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

I put in a bid yesterday but quickly bowed out. Received an email this morning from the seller stating that it will be put up again. "It looks like the buyer got confused and didnt know I was based out of Redding CA so im re posting a second chance offer on the AC DC Pin if your still interested in the machine." Strange because the listing was for Sacramento.
    Those pictures do look remarkably similar, hmmm curious.

Ask where in redding he is at and i will go look at the machine in person for you if you are interested. I saw the posting was for sac, i think something is fishy here.

#1654 9 years ago

Although in the ad it does say its at his warehouse in redding ca. Ill have to contact him and go see what he has.

I just sent him a message on ebay asking to look at the game and any other machines he has for sale.

1 month later
    #1730 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I'm on my phone so I can't link to the ads, but between that fathom in redding for 2k and the other ad someone just put up for the CPR playfield and plastics you could pretty much make an amazing example. If money is no object.

Yes! Buy my Fathom

#1734 9 years ago

Thanks Hjbondar, sorry i didnt get to meet up with you at pin a go go that whole day was crazy for me. If you are going to CAX lets have a beer together, seeing how pin a go go didnt serve this year.

#1748 9 years ago
    Quoted from swedishc:

So, Scandia in Rohnert Park now has a Woz. Their pintech is a guy named Chris, and he keeps the machines clean and running great.
    So, their current lineup is: WOZ, POTC, TF, MET, BDK, ACDC, TRON, SM, FG, LOTR

photo.JPG 42 KB

Not sure what happened to it all, but scandia is where the scammer worked that was screwing people out of quite a bit of money.

1 week later
    #1778 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

Anyone here get the RCT, RBION, Monpoly and LOTR for $5600 total from the Operator in Sac? Nice pickup.

as it always does it turned into a bidding war....... not sure the end sale price, but it was a lot higher then 5600....

#1784 9 years ago

I have a Stern Stars Project pin for sale. It is over all in clean shape, the cabinet looks like it has been repaited at some point however. The game powers on, gi lights come on, but no displays light up. The boards over all look clean, and the playfield also looks nice, just needs to be wiped down.
    Im not sure all it needs. I need to make some room in my garage and just don't have the time to take on this machine at this point. Would like 300 for the pin. I will get some pix posted up this weekend.

5 months later
    #2344 9 years ago

Hey Sosage
    What are other good ways locally to look around for arcade cabinets?

What if you wanted a mame type set up but were more interested in emulating earlier games and wanted a trac ball?

Or if you are handy with tools and diy'er build a cabinet. You can have it knocked out in no time. It took me about a month to complete this, working on it only on free time but it was designed to fit a specific place in my house. It houses a 27" led acer monitor, has the 2 player street fighter setup mentioned above along with a track ball, a dedicated 4 way for games like donkey kong and pacman and it also has a set of guns for games like area 51.

mame.jpgmame.jpg

here is another pic of a duplicate one I built for a buddy of mine. His is painted black and mine is white.
    mame 2.jpgmame 2.jpg

if you have any questions feel free to ask.

2 months later
    #2734 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Anyone going to join in on the feeding frenzy at the c/l sale/ silent auction on wed?
    2,000 for a tspp or potc.
    2,100 for spiderman.

For anyone that goes to this please post the prices everything actually sells for. I feel like they under priced everything on purpose to draw a crowd and start a bid war

#2742 9 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Ya not worth it at all. Glad I stayed home. I went out last week to check the games out. SM had wear at the pops to the wood, needed new ramps and plastics. POTC was probably the best of the bunch, so at 3k probably the only "deal" out of the three.

I was interested in a bunch of the arcades for sale for my route I am putting together. I found out about the ad this morning (3-4) at 8:30am and the games went on sell at 9. I knew I didn't stand a chance. I saw they were open from 9-1 so at 12:30 I called and asked what was left, cause if some decent stuff was still there I would have made a early morning trip. I was told at 12:30 every single arcade piece had been sold.

4 months later
    #3103 8 years ago

Posting this a little preemptively to try an get a deal rolling. I have a ST:TNG coming in this weekend that I really have no interest in. It is a routed machine (weren't they all for the most part) Over all is pretty clean. I plan on shopping it out and looking for a cash deal or a trade. Cash price will be 3800, or I will trade for an Avengers pro straight across or a LE Hulk edition with me adding some cash. Pm me if you are interested and I will get you some pics when it gets here.

3 weeks later
    #3199 8 years ago

Selling off two project games. A Williams Hyperball, and Stern Flight 2000. Hyperball powers up and plays, but needs some work on the handle / fire assembly. Flight 2000 needs some wiring work done with the rectifier board, game powers up and has gi lights, but nothing else. Both games are in great shape cosmeticly and the flight 2000 backglass is also in great shape. Looking for 700 for the pair firm. Need the room so not interested in splitting them up at this time.

#3221 8 years ago

SOLD

1 month later
    #3353 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Get yourself some Naptha too!

pretty naptha is now illegal in Nevada also.... Im milking the last of what I have....

#3355 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Nope. Got a bunch there about three weeks ago.

dang I guess ill have to make a trip

#3368 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Semi - OT:
    I'm working on a MAME Rotary Arcade cab. Anybody happen to have a 2 player, 6 button control panel?
    I have a 2 pl, 2 button control panel and want to upgrade. I can offer it in trade (w/cash as needed), or straight purchase.
    1442964001450-893306610.jpg

I can tell you they do not make a 6 button two player control panel for that type of dynamo cabinet. They make a 2 player 4 button panel like the one you have (if you look on the backside of the control panel there is room for more buttons, just the CPO is covering them.)

#3370 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

My last Z-back cabinet had a CP that looked the same (except for button layout). I thought that it might be swappable. Just now, I did a google search for "Dynamo Cabinet" and most of the pics are with a 6 button layout.

Currently, my CP is a 2 player, 4 button (2 button, daisy chained to left and right). There are no "untapped" holes underneath the artwork.
    Redoing a custom CP is basically work that I would rather skip on. I know that I "could" rebuild this into a 6 button layout.
    I'd have to re-drill new holes, fill the old holes, sand, paint, etc...
    It almost sounds fun enough to do, if I can't find a 2 player, 6 button for a cabinet that is similar that I could work with.

Dyanmo cabs and z back cabinets all have control panels that look identical, but they are all different sized cabinets and the control panels don't swap between the different cabinets.. From your pictures I am assuming your control panel measures 22" and some change? that appears to be the smaller of the dynamo cabinets, I used to have one and searched for a 6 button layout like you want and after hunting and hunting and some research discovered none were made for those cabinets. Your cabinet looks like an HS-1 from the pics, the cabinet you want is a HS-5, those have the 6 button panels. You could always fill and redrill, actually if you want a 6 button layout that is really your only choice. Here is a link to some info on the different cabinet styles.

http://www.drzero.org/videogames/dynamo/

1 week later
    #3391 8 years ago

I am headed down to san jose for the weekend today. I plan on hitting the pacific pinball museum, are there any other really good places to play pinball?

#3398 8 years ago

Yeah I know about pinball map in fact I'm the admin for the Redding area, I was mainly asking here cause knowing my luck I would pick a location and it would be a dive lol my going to try and check out a couple of the places listed above thanks guy!

#3400 8 years ago

Set to private

#3403 8 years ago

Looks good. So if I understood it correctly you just have rotary games on the cabinet? The best front end is hyperspin btw

3 weeks later
    #3459 8 years ago

Selling a ST:TNG. Here is a little bit about what I have recently done to the pin

Rerubbered entire playfield with new white rubber, yellow on flippers.
    Novused entire playfield, including removing all the ramps (would say it was about 95% stripped down for cleaning.
    Replaced every GI light with a new #47 incandescent, replaced all inserts with new #44 and #555 incandescents
    Replaced all flashers with new bulbs (I ran out of one type of flasher so on the right hand side of the borg ship it has 2 white led flashers in it)
    Replaced all lights in the back box.
    New GLM Trough Opto Board set
    Cliffs on the neutral zone hole, as well as the catapult launch area
    NOS Sling plastics installed.

Im sure there is more. Looking for 4300 OBO, possibly open to trades, pm me what you have. Pix can been seen here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=44D4E24019E5E9BD!2509&authkey=!AM_XqVTmeuBAUUU&ithint=folder%2cJPG

1 month later
    #3651 8 years ago

Seth your stargate will soon be inbound. Looking to make the trip sometime after New Years.....

1 month later
    #3769 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Where do I begin..... Coil locks. DMD not working. Couple of wires need to be tracked and attached to driver board. Ball not ejecting from ball eject. ?????? Other than that it is a really nice table.

Not trying to be a dick in any way but if you can't get it going please me me a price if you want to sell. I've been looking for a project Indy for a while.

7 months later
    #4148 7 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

I'll give them a call Cheddar, see what price point they'll give for a bulk order.

id be in for some if the price is right too.

4 weeks later
    #4178 7 years ago

Im thinking of getting rid of a few games, here is what isup on the chopping block.

Batman Forever
    Back to the Future
    Super Mario World
    Street Fighter 2

If anyone is intersted in any of these drop me a pm.

2 months later
    #4297 7 years ago

thought i would throw it out there, i have a RCT and RBION coming in this weekend that i have no interest in. Looking to make a deal on them as a pair, will be posting a market place add as soon as i get them in.

3 months later
    #4476 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gorf:

I'm bringing a Whitewater and Cactus Canyon. Both are shopped and in excellent condition .

Are these HUO machines? Can you sent pics without the lollipop rails?"

#4477 7 years ago

IdahoRealtor I would be extremely careful posting a note like that about paying out a cash prize. That can be considered gambling and if the wrong person walked into your location could be very bad for both the location and yourself..... I would figure out a way to call it something else.

1 year later
    #4974 5 years ago

Hey guys, in case you dont see the other thread ebay is running a 20% off coupon today, save up to 100. I bought a set of altek boards and save $93 coupon code PICKDADSGIFT

#4976 5 years ago

How’s that work? 20% off even from private sellers?

yes, add item to cart, then checkout through your cart before you submit there is a coupon box to apply coupon.

#4994 5 years ago

Hey fireball2 where is the thread chronicling the conclusion of this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lou-ferrigno-update-1

1 month later
    #5047 5 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

Selling my World Poker Tour, located in Folsom, CA.

Machine - For Sale
    World Poker TourNew!Fully shopped/refurbished “Selling my shopped out World Poker Tour, recently tore down and cleaned, new upper playfield installed, titan rubbers, and full LEDs. Has alternative translite installed.

Asking ...”
    27 minutes ago Folsom, CA 3,200 (OBO)
    IamNaN

Was this the one in the pingolf tourney at GSPF? If so i played it in that tourney and it was nice!

9 months later
    #5420 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Did someone on here pick up that junk Judge Dredd that showed up on Facebook and craigslist?

Yes it was updated as sold

1 month later
    #5462 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

You have a typo...PMing you

also note from my understanding (talked to Chris last week) he isn’t doing any runs until the end of June. And he said he doesn’t know how many more in general he will do after that as he is getting married and his bride to be wants him home and not on the road. Which is understandable. He said he might try to do one trip a month and just line up a trailer full of games at a time.

6 months later
    #5710 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It's definitely a charity fundraiser. Nobody is trying to fleece the community. Got this quote from the store owner:
    "The fund raiser is for the Poison Apple theater. They help introduce kids to theater, acting and various aspects of a play. They needed to raise funds. They do a lot in terms of keeping kids productive and in a positive environment. So we thought we would help them out."
    I'll be there with my $10. Hope to see some of you there. Thanks.

You own the pins there right Bryce? Very cool of you guys to do this. I hope you guys raise a ton of cash!

4 months later
    #5831 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

PINSIDER WARNING!! Don't buy from jamesbon1 (Adam Numark, 415-xxx-7964, Novato area)
    Somehow he has good reputation here, but he sold me a routed Wonka LE as HUO immediately after picking it up from Ayce gogi arcade. Playfield is chipped around front posts, Invisiglass is missing , and game has somewhere between 10-12k plays on it. Ouch.
    More details...
    He contacted me over text because I missed out on a prior Wonka LE he was selling the week before (described as "Like new out of box and very clean, home use only condition. Minimal home use only/very low plays. No playfield issue or any issues."). He was very aware that HUO and condition matters... I asked him about HUO precisely because it's a short-form way to assess condition of a <1 yr old, expensive game.
    He was going to deliver ~8pm but this turned into ~10:30 and after unloading the game in my driveway, with the pandemic, I told him he could leave. Shame on me for accepting his word and the game without close inspection... but it's a JJP, 9mos old, HUO, and he had good rep here!!
    I gave him 2 full weeks and a dozen chances to do the right thing. I contacted him the very next morning about misrepresentation of the game (you can see # of games played in logs and the LE# in social media pics @ Ayce for godsake !!!). I asked him to take it back and re-sell to someone else. I offered to pay for his gas and a rental fee depending on when he could come get it. Then he blocked my phone. He did send me a message on pinside saying I got a great deal, game plays fine (it does), but he couldn't afford to re-sell. And he offered me $150 to stuff it and not leave bad feedback for him. His wife Zita sells games on facebook as well. I've been told at least one of the purchased HUO games somehow had earned over $2000...
    Anyway, if you choose to deal with him, good luck.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would also make a general pinside thread with this info. Someone may buy a game from him and have it shipped and not check the NorCal threads. Put his user name and real name in the thread title. This has been done many times in the past and has chased users off this site.

3 weeks later
    #5866 3 years ago

Still have this brand new in box UNIS Pong Table. Need to move it to make room. Come get it for $2000, over $1500 off buying elsewhere.

Link to website incase someone doesn’t know what it is.

https://www.tablepongproject.com/#

Edit:this is now sold!

#5868 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

These look really fun...wish u were closer

Chris Fox can bring it to you. He has a trip planned at the end of may and will be at my house picking up another game going south so he could easily load it up.

3 weeks later
    #5910 3 years ago

Have an Iron Maiden pro going up for sale Looking for $4700. Will be getting pix in a couple of days.

Chris Fox will be at my place next weekend (5th/6th) and could take it with him if a deal is made in time.

1 week later
    #5923 3 years ago

I have a Raven in decent shape. It boots up and plays, however does not have any sound at the moment. It came in as part of a combo deal and i really have no interest in it. How does $500 sound for it? You can pm me for a few pix

Added over 4 years ago:

This is now sold

#5925 3 years ago

Have a pair of projects i looking to move. Have a gold wings and rescue 911. Both games are complete and in overall good shape (gold wings is in better shape then rescue 911). Both games turn on, however do not boot up. I havent looked or messed with anything, figured i would try to move them at a decent price for the pair of them. $2000 for the pair. Pm me for pix if interested.

4 weeks later
    #5965 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Can’t make a bad choice unless someone talks you into stranger things! Lol

2 months later
    #6211 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Just a friendly fyi:
    The batman 66 in the cl ad below is NOT HUO. It was on route at coinop in SF.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

So begs the question, who is selling it?

#6212 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

So begs the question, who is selling it?

Never mind answered my own question, Jason Nervo up to his old tricks again.

399783C4-3237-45FA-9DD3-5880901D00E3 (resized).png399783C4-3237-45FA-9DD3-5880901D00E3 (resized).png
    3 weeks later
    #6294 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Good morning. I know we have pinheads in Redding, Shasta, Santa Rosa, And butte,sitter county area.
    All have fires going and evacuations currently.
    Please check in and let us know if you are ok.
    Also let us know if you need anything.

All okay with me, and pretty much most of the community up here in Redding. I’ve checked in with most everyone in the lpin/arcade community. Luckily that haven’t been affected...... yet

1 week later
    #6316 3 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Lol, is this guy for real??
    [quoted image]

I got a similar pm after posting that he was the one selling the b66 that wasn’t huo

2D8451AE-F1F2-4AFD-85E3-ADEF145A9C20 (resized).png2D8451AE-F1F2-4AFD-85E3-ADEF145A9C20 (resized).png
    9 months later
    #6947 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinshield:

Anyone thinking of selling any of the below pins, let me know. I can buy multiples if it helps. Looking for a friend as well as myself
    The Addams Family - Reg or Gold
    Tron - Pro, but maybe LE
    Jurassic Park - Stern Prem/LE
    Iron Maiden - Prem/LE
    Lord of the Rings
    Oktoberfest
    Who Dunnit
    TSPP
    White Water
    Indiana Jones Stern or Williams

hawkmoon i believe is selling his Addams

3 weeks later
    #6979 2 years ago

Haunted house parts machine/deep project for sale. $600

Machine - For Sale
    As is - “Have a haunted house that was obtained in a multiple machine purchase. The cabinet is rough (see pics) however the playfields are in good shape. Would be a great parts game. Game i...”
    2021-08-16
    Redding, CA
    600 (Firm)
    Archived after: 0 days
    Viewed: 237 times

1 month later
    #7027 2 years ago

MMR, stainless trim that I’m going to do a light shop/cleaning/rerubber on and then it will be officially for sale. Game is great shape, HUO, no color chip installed yet.

10k with me buying and installing the color chip

$9500 if you buy it without and want to do it yourself.

Ad will be listed for all of pinside once rerubber is done. Posting in local sections now as a heads up. Lmk if intersted.

Added over 3 years ago:

no longer for sale.

7 months later
    #7496 1 year ago

I have a beat the clock EM that came into my hands that I don’t have a lot of use for. Supposedly it works (I’m sure it has some issues) I haven’t plugged it in or down anything with it yet as I had a chewed up cord on it. $500 would take it if someone is interested.

BA18FDB1-6838-4373-B22F-2ED750952F7B (resized).jpegBA18FDB1-6838-4373-B22F-2ED750952F7B (resized).jpeg
    1 year later
    #8322 38 days ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

Looking for Black Knight SOR LE on the West Coast. PM me if you have one for sale or a lead. Thanks

i know someone who had/has one they were thinking about letting go of. Not sure if they already did, ill reach out and ask.

#8327 35 days ago
    Quoted from GameOnPinball:

Anyone interested in trading games. We have Cirqus Voltaire, Dialed In LE, Elvis and or Houdini for trade. All are at our arcade in San Jose, CA Looking for a Medieval Madness, Turtles Premium, Willy Wonka, TSPP, Munsters. Trying to keep the line up going!

I have a turtles premium I would take for CV.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=dr-willy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.