(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#912 10 years ago

I'm up in Portland visiting family and I found this troll in the local craigslist. Castle themed pinball with cute little trolls that pop.

Enjoy: portland.craigslist.org link

1 week later
    #963 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

anyone up for another meet up? maybe playland. I cant hold out until pagg. I needs me some pinball and good conversation with other addicts.

We were putting together a pin crawl for next weekend. But due to the lack of good locations it looked like it was just going to be a couple houses. I'll send a follow up to the SPG group today.

Regardless of what happens with that I am planning a trip with my daughter to ppm the following weekend. You are welcome to come along.

1 month later
    #1278 10 years ago

Excited? Look at these nipples!

2 weeks later
    #1419 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Well im officially on the look out for a nice looking firepower.
    Or maybe, a system 11 or otger interesting older solid state machines.
    Anybody have any leads?

Are you putting a machine on the market to make room?

#1421 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Why were you after one of them? Haha.

I don't ever want to miss it if you decide that BK2K is just too loud to keep. LOL

#1431 10 years ago

I'm in. I've got 2 machines worth.

2 months later
    #1640 9 years ago

Game Room Circuits Activated
    Added the pinbot couple to the collection yesterday. They arrived filthy and in need of some new rubber and bulbs. As stated above, only 19 days to get them ready for pagg.WP_20140426_18_39_58_Pro.jpgWP_20140426_18_39_58_Pro.jpg

#1642 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Nice lineup...
    Space Themed arraigned by date
    Donkey kong needs to transform into Asteroids, Galaga or something like that.

This needs to happen. To really keep with the theme it needs a space shuttle somewhere in the art

#1645 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Cheddar. Im getting a little jealous. That rooms looks quite a bit different with two more games in it. Nice!

My wife has started to refer to herself as the "Pinball Widow"!

3 months later
    2 months later
    #2024 9 years ago

It's common to overpay for your first pin. Do it for love and you'll always be ahead. You can't lose money if you don't sell.

#2043 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Anyone want an EM adventure?
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

The cabinet looks pretty good for sitting on the floor of a barn. If I had room for another project I would consider this one.

#2056 9 years ago

High Speed $500 in Valley Springs

stockton.craigslist.org link

I'm passing on it as I have too many projects right now. It was working when they put it away.

I contacted the seller and got more pics. Here they are:IMG_4930.jpgIMG_4930.jpgIMG_4164.jpgIMG_4164.jpgIMG_8646.jpgIMG_8646.jpg

To be clear this is not mine and I don't know them. I did some leg work and decided against it. So now I am sharing the info.

1 week later
    #2102 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

To save people the trouble, this hard to find game in this very vague ad is a Flash
    sacramento.craigslist.org link
    Seller sent me a couple of pics, no idea what they want for it

image.jpg 182 KB

image-202.jpg 206 KB

Is that wear around the inserts in front of the flippers? I see flipper wear as well. He asked for any reasonable offer. $100 seems reasonable. Lol

#2106 9 years ago

Actually, guy just got back to me and said he would take 250$. I'm not interested at all so please feel free to get it.

I have never liked this title. If I had won the raffle at pagg I was going to choose the EM.

#2124 9 years ago

Guy I bought high speed from texted me about a Capcom Carrier Air Wing a buddy is selling. They want 500 obo. I told him vids don't price like pins and not to be offended if someone offers 200. He said it works except for the coin mechs.

Anybody interested in this let me know and I'll give you the guys number

#2126 9 years ago

Can anybody recommend a local for playfield clear? I am expecting one of the fabled BoP repro playfields soon and I am thinking of having the clear finished before I install.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

#2131 9 years ago

Cool, I sent him a message. If anybody else knows someone let me know.

I had asked a auto paint guy to looks at a pinbot PF I'm about ready to swap. This guy came highly recommended (for his auto work). He said he'd be willing to try and asked me to bring it by. When he looked at the CPR clear he said he wouldn't be able to do any better than that.

For pinbot it's not a big deal. The cpr clear will wear like iron in home use and look great doing it. I didn't "finish" clear my space shuttle either.

But this is The Bride and it will be a 2.0 (assuming it ever happens) and I think I want a little higher quality.

1 week later
    #2155 9 years ago

Home edition! Too expensive for that

#2172 9 years ago

Happy turkey day starbase, and all you other Bay Area and NorCal pinheads!
    Let's do another meet up at the pacific pinball museum, who's with me??

I'm with you, just need to get through tomorrow and see what the schedule looks like

#2185 9 years ago

I have always called that crazing. It can be scrubbed out with magic eraser and alcohol. But as Steve said, be ccareful or you'll take off paint

1 week later
    #2273 9 years ago

Want to publicly thank Adam and Damien for the excellent tournament at Adam's today. It was a great time with a great turnout.

#2285 9 years ago

I took a pin to a buddies house and it started resetting all the time. Wouldn't stay up long enough to play it.

#2287 9 years ago

I put rkahrs daughter board on it until I can get the ps repaired. No, no extension cord

#2289 9 years ago

It was crazy. I played the snot out of it at my house.

#2302 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I know you really meant to say:
    "The storm is coming, return to your homes"

Funny, I've had this earworm all morning!

#2314 9 years ago

Time Fantasy for sale in Lodi sacramento.craigslist.org link

This is weird looking. If anyone is interested I can try and go look at it around noon

1 week later
    #2371 9 years ago

I'm taking my daughters (6 & 12) to the Pacific pinball museum on Saturday January 3rd. Any norcal pinheads wanna meet us there?

#2395 9 years ago

Hi Guys, I've listed my Hurricane on the market. If you are interested in a cheap dmd please look here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-hurricane#post-2142766

1 week later
    #2411 9 years ago

Hey Nor Cal pinheads, my buddy wants a black rose. Anybody have any leads?

#2413 9 years ago

My buddy is just building his collection. I don't think he'd want to trade anything except cash. If you're open to selling, send me a pm

#2415 9 years ago

right now he wants a Black Rose, BSD, IJ or RFM. He really wants a woz or Hobbit but the sticker shock is strong with those titles

#2462 9 years ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

If your buddy's still hunting... Here's a BR that I just came across on CL Reno:
    reno.craigslist.org link
    ~Steveo

Thanks for the link, I'll have him call him

#2469 9 years ago

What a year it's been. About this time last year I had 2 pins: Black Hole and a dismal space shuttle that was getting a playfield swap. I placed an ad on this forum looking for a Pinbot I could pick up at pagg. I ended up getting a Pinbot and a Bride of Pinbot and had them ready for PaGG. Since I have purchased 5 more and sold 3. What a crazy year!

I love this hobby and the local pinheads only make it better. Looking forward to seeing everyone at PaGG 2015

#2498 9 years ago

Kerry, last time I bought one I got it from John Wort Jr. Price was great too.

1 month later
    #2704 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

I always buy from....oh wait, dang...errr...someday I will prolly buy from Pinball Refinery. Just gotta win the lottery first or raid my kids college funds.

I though your kids were going to Sandwich University?

1 month later
    #2887 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

A few more EM's, and you'll have to come up with a catchy name/acronym for your new league!

Southern Nor Cal Central Valley Pinball League! or SoNoCaCenValPins

2 weeks later
    #2920 8 years ago

pinballholder uses a dowel to roll pins in and out of his pilot. I was surprised how good it works

2 months later
    #3077 8 years ago

Great time at Jabbles for League! Good turnout too!

1 week later
    #3094 8 years ago

Card whiz is #27 in ems. No prices though. Figures 4-800 depending on condition of it works.

Charlie's angels: who knows? 4-600?

Iamnan had one at one time, maybe he can weigh in on price

3 weeks later
    #3197 8 years ago

I staked a claim to the bally boards. If you get something from Sean and would like to coordinate pickup let me know.

2 weeks later
    #3269 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hi guys! I just sold house to another pinball guy, so I'm on the hunt for the housewarming gift . The budget is <$1500. Cash in hand.
    If any of you have a pin to move in that price-range please let me know. Must be fully-working, player's condition (or better), no EMs. I'm considering the F-14 on Craigslist, but I'd like to see what else is out there. This client is a really good pinball player, so a challenging pin would be a plus.
    Thanks!

If you could get this guy to 1500 you might get your buddy to buy another house. modesto.craigslist.org link

#3271 8 years ago

If you do get it for 1500 I'll be kicking myself for not trying it!

2 weeks later
    #3312 8 years ago

Hi guys,
    I just put my Flash Gordon on location at Phoenix Games in Concord. Per the Pin Map it's the only one on location in CA! Shopping it took forever and I'm proud to save that it now plays tight and right and wicked fast due to the strong flippers and clear coated playfield. It's just one of 15 great pins on location there. It's an excellent pinball destination.
    p.s. Good luck beating my High Score of 3.3M. I was in the zone!
    20150910_220551_resized.jpg

Dropped a couple bucks in quarters into this today. Played and looked great. Played kiss for the first time. Sucked at it but got a love gun mb and put up 8mil.

Met a pinhead from the east bay league. Didn't get his name but a nice guy.

This is a great location with a nice selection.

1 week later
    #3360 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Anyone making their way down to San Diego area in the near future and be willing to take a machine down and pick up and bring back another? The guy I'm exchanging with and I would split the cost to pay you.
    I've had a phone number for years for a guy named Chuck who I was told was a pin mover, but I've never used him. Anyone know if he still does it?

Pinballholder has a guy bringing some games up in the next couple weeks. Maybe he can haul some back for you

#3365 8 years ago

Hey NorCal friends. I want to play a DM for a while. I have a super nice JD with a color dmd in it that you can play while I borrow your DM.

Any takers?

3 weeks later
    #3428 8 years ago

Jabbles get it and we'll retheme into a Duck Dodgers Pin!

1 month later
    #3559 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Anyone looking for a HUO BBB? Have a friend selling one. He is a private guy, so I am acting on his behalf. If interested please send me a pm. You all know what they go for, so don't bother with a lowball offer.

This BBB is in extremely excellent shape and plays great.

1 week later
    #3586 8 years ago

Stephan, come to Lodi and you can play at my place. My neighbor has a nice collection too. Practice up a bit and you can play in league starting to January.

Good to meet you! We'll help you find a good pin.

#3597 8 years ago

A buddy of ours is going to list his Black Rose. This is a decent DMD game for the price of a system 11

1 month later
    #3717 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

I'm a hog if I'm paying to play on location as I usually put in the super saver amount. Like 3 bucks or whatever. Nobody is getting between me and my credits I've paid for. Now if somebody is waiting the can hop in a 2 player or if they are really nice about it, they might get a credit from me.

Pay to play is different. I always offer to let them join and if they decline I tell them how many credits I have

#3721 8 years ago

I'd plunge and drain if on ball 3. Otherwise I'd reboot. Depends on the game too. If it has a long ball save it's getting restarted.

1 week later
    #3736 8 years ago

Great party yesterday at Mof's house! Absolutely killer 80s collection. Good times seeing everyone. By some fluke I put up the GC score on his Defender.

I don't have a lot of regrets but missing this party was one of them!

2 weeks later
    #3778 8 years ago

I have a non-permanent trade opportunity here. I have a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 that I intend to do a playfield swap on. The playfield in it is ok and plenty playable with factory mylar. Some of you probably played it at PaGG last year in the main hall. It will be several months (maybe 6) until I get my new playfield and I'm not giving this game much attention lately.

Here's what I would like to do: I'd like to temp swap this for another pin. I would prefer a Theatre of Magic as that is my grail pin and it would be nice to play one for a while. Other pins of comparable fun would be cool too. Ideally we would do this swap in the next few weeks and then swap back at PaGG.

#3780 8 years ago

I have a pretty sweet rollergames.....

I have a rough rollergames

1 week later
    #3824 8 years ago

Spencer is truly a good guy. Spencer get well soon!

#3833 8 years ago

He doesn't want girls with big boobs on the backglass.

Oh well, he can't have my cherry Jumping Jack then

1 month later
    #3906 8 years ago

On Site EM Help Needed in Lodi

A few months ago I helped resurrect a 65 Williams Ski Club for the Lodi World of Wonders Science Museum. The machine played great for over a month and lately has been having a bunch of troubles. I reviewed the switches on the reset, score reel and ball count stepper but everything seems to be right. I don't want to start adjusting everything without having the correct understanding of the machine because I think I'll just make it worse.

The WoW museum is a non-profit children's museum so I'd rather not call in a tech that will cost them money.

Does anybody have time that could stop by the museum with me and diagnose the problem? I'd be willing to buy you lunch!

A great local tech helped me out today and we got it working. Thanks all!

#3911 8 years ago

Hey Guys, I still need volunteers for Pin-a-Go-Go, we're doing a great job signing up but we need more. Pin-a-Go-Go is a big job and it takes a lot of help. If you haven't already send me a pm with your email and I'll send you the link to the signup site. You don't have to signup but you can browse the available positions and see if something would be a good fit for you.

Thanks!

#3915 8 years ago

This just shows how NorCal Pinheads are the best. 5 new volunteers signups since my last post. Keep up the good work guys!

1 month later
    #3986 7 years ago
    Quoted from highspeed:

Looking to relocate current pins to another room, and get something with a TV show/movie theme. So we are looking for something for sale within a few hours drive of the Sacramento area.
    I don't mind anything that needs work, just hoping for a nice cabinet and playfield.
    Thanks

I know a guy with a twister. Nice condition all around. It was at pagg.

#3989 7 years ago
    Quoted from highspeed:

Near the center of the main room? If so, I played it a few times, it was fun. PM me.

I sent a text to the guy who has it and asked him to pm you

2 months later
    #4112 7 years ago

Listed my Xenon for sale. Please see the market listing

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Selling my fully working Xenon in good to better condition. Playfield overlay installed and looks beautiful Plastics in excellent shape Backglass in excellent shape Siegecraft le...”
    2016-08-07
    Lodi, CA
    Archived after: 0 days
    Viewed: 93 times
    Contributed to Pinside

2 weeks later
    #4121 7 years ago

I put a Williams Blackout on the market

Machine - For Sale
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Here's a gallery of pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2kbu1nzm5jb1taz/AADT2KwtcT3trSult1zWp-Bra?dl=0 Here's what's been done: Replaced transformer. added fireproof fuse mode reb...”
    2016-08-22
    Lodi, CA
    800 (OBO)
    Archived after: 7 days
    Viewed: 702 times

2 weeks later
    #4130 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

Hey All - had a NOS Cosmic Gunfight playfield stolen from my front door (was left by the delivery company) in Oakland. Please keep an eye out for it. Unlikely the person who took it knows what it is, probably thought it was a flat screen, but it may show up on Craigslist or something.

I bet I know who shipped it. It's a shame they can take any precautions with their merchandise

#4133 7 years ago

Listed a Game Plan Sharpshooter in the market

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Selling a great working and good looking Game Plan Sharpshooter. Features: Backglass has some flaking but looks good Cabinet has missing paint mostly around the edges. The artwork...”
    2016-09-09
    Lodi, CA
    800 (OBO)
    Viewed: 153 times
    Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
    #4138 7 years ago
    Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Bump. Where do Norcal pinheads buy new playfield glass?

I'd like to know as well. Typically we'd order and have glass delivered to Pin-a-Go-Go to save shipping but last year a bunch of us had issues with the glass we had received so it is unlikely we'll do that again. There are posts on the forum on how to get a glass shop to cut the glass and leave off the logo etc... I'd be in on a group buy if we could find the right glass shop to cut them for us at a good price.

#4142 7 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

I found a glass shop in Palo Alto, just north of the Stanford shopping center off the El Camino that will cut to order. Tempered stamp or not, for around $32.00/sheet. Thought pricing was quit reasonable! Takes around 3 days after phoning in your order.

will you get a deal on 10? I'm down for 2 if you can get them to 25

3 weeks later
    #4162 7 years ago

shovelhed, I know a guy who can make you a cab. I'll ask him if he's interested

3 months later
    #4345 7 years ago

I've listed my partially restored Space Shuttle. This has been at Pin-a-Go-Go the last 2 years.

Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling my partially restored Williams Space Shuttle as it doesn't get enough attention anymore. Here's what's been done: CPR playfield, plastics and backglass New Ramp, Pops, Fli...”
    2017-02-10
    Lodi, CA
    2,400 (OBO)
    Archived after: 11 days
    Viewed: 867 times

#4349 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Crap, blew F101 on my recently acquired funhouse.
    Changed out spring/coil linkage on left flipper, maybe i knocked something loose.
    Problem is, I have no 2.5a SB fuse to replace it, I have a 3a.. argh.
    Any particularly handy east bay places to pick up fuses?, not seeing much in stock at the handy dandy lowes/HD
    Any help appreciated. I am in Livermore but willing to travel a lil to avoid having to wait for a shipment.
    Cheers!

If you still have a radio shack around they have a decent selection. There's also a Frys in Fremont

1 month later
    #4428 7 years ago

Any NorCal pinsider willing to temp trade a game of thrones for my GB pro? I'd really like to play one for a while.

6 months later
    #4662 6 years ago

Looking for a Bally Gold Ball. Anybody want to help a pinbrother out?

Machine - Wanted
    Wanted! - “Looking for a Bally Gold Ball. Prefer not to ship unless the price is right. Project/non working is ok. Thanks”
    2017-10-07
    Lodi, CA
    Wanted
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 175 times

#4672 6 years ago

Harley, so sorry for your loss.

2 weeks later
    #4706 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

OK, got the message, off into the dumpster it goes!

I would think these would sell at the swap meet at next year's Golden State Pinball Festival if you can wait. I'd take them if I didn't have several projects already lined up

3 weeks later
    #4743 6 years ago

Project Alpine Club for sale in Lodi

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    As is - “Barn Find. Some Playfield wear, Nice Backglass. Cab painted white. All parts included. No legs”
    2017-11-16
    Lodi, CA
    100 (OBO)
    Archived after: 17 days
    Viewed: 321 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#4748 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks btw to Cheddar for facilitating this acquisition which also included a good Space Mission cabinet, two bottom boards (mostly complete), a good head, good playfield and a toasty backglass. It's going to be a fun project!

I still have a Williams Jubilee, Space Odyssey and Alpine Club (sale maybe pending) at super low prices if someone is looking for a winter project.

1 week later
    #4765 6 years ago

Anybody bored of their Time Fantasy?

SOLD!
    Machine - Wanted
    Wanted! - “Looking for a time fantasy (or playfield) near northern California.”
    2017-12-02
    Lodi, CA
    Wanted
    Archived after: 26 days
    Viewed: 314 times

2 weeks later
    #4786 6 years ago

Listed a Capcom Breakshot

Machine - For Sale
    Breakshot Archived
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling a recently shopped Capcom Breakshot. The game is in excellent condition except for the following issues: Small stain on translite that is hard to see with light on Ding in...”
    2017-12-20
    Lodi, CA
    1,750 (OBO)
    Archived after: 9 days
    Viewed: 242 times

2 months later
    #4906 6 years ago

Anyone have a Pinitech Bally Lamp Tester they would sell?

1 month later
    #4926 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Looking for recommendations.
    We're planning ahead for a move in the fall. We've got a new home construction happening that's got space for our collection. Yay us! But, the collection will need to move, from Santa Clara to Tracy.

I'm looking forward to getting a new neighbor. We have league in Lodi too

1 week later
    #4934 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Looking for recommendations.
    We're planning ahead for a move in the fall. We've got a new home construction happening that's got space for our collection. Yay us! But, the collection will need to move, from Santa Clara to Tracy. Whoops. Shoulda thought of this before getting into this hobby.
    Any referrals (or even suggestions) on who can move our pinball collection? I'm looking for secure transport from a ground floor warehouse to a ground floor home (with a typical slopped driveway, and threshold at the door). I can handle leveling once moved, but I'd gladly pay for that too. It's more than I want to tackle on my own; and on the (commercial) warehouse side I don't have adequate insurance to have friends help. I'd rather outsource it to someone adequately equipped, and insured.

I've been scheming on how I get your collection to the Golden State Pinball Festival and then store them until you move.

1 month later
    #5001 5 years ago

Hey when you get tired of that game let me know, I love Spanish eyes

Get in line!

2 weeks later
    #5035 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Working on my first restore (FH) and figured I would first reach out locally to see if anyone happens to have any of the following to lend?
    - WMS Warning backbox silkscreen
    - WMS patent lower cab silkscreen
    - Upholstery stapler (to do the ground braid, I assume your basic old school staple gun wont cut the mustard?)
    Long shot but worth a try.
    Cheers!

I have the stapler in Lodi you can borrow

1 month later
    #5068 5 years ago

I'll take off $25 if you can pick it up

SOLD!
    Parts - For Sale
    New (selling multiple, business) - “Selling a new, never used or installed, Kohout System 9 through 11C mpu. I bought this mpu for my earthshaker and never used it. Includes the printed manual. Can do any system 9...”
    2018-08-18
    Lodi, CA
    450 (OBO)
    Viewed: 35 times

2 weeks later
    #5091 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Any pinball show is good for pinball. I certantantly don't want it to fail.

It's great that CA has 4 pinball shows. We should all do what we can to keep them.

#5095 5 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins &amp; Pints Party in Vacaville
    Hard to believe we have been doing this 5 years. We will be hosting our 5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins &amp; Pints event at the house on October 6th.
    All Pinheads are welcome, we just ask that you RSVP ahead of time so we can plan on how much food we need to purchase. We plan on having Mexican food this year from our local meat market (street taco style). We will have appetizers/chips/salsa/dips etc. Come on over for a laid back day of playing pins, relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball and a good beer or two. Good food, good beer and good pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, as every year, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name beer for all to enjoy during the event and have a great time.
    The event will start at 2:00pm and last until ??
    If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.
    Loren &amp; Yvette

I am actually in the country this year and have that day free. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

5 months later
    #5297 5 years ago

CPR EBD Playfield listed in the market

SOLD!
    Parts - For Sale
    New (selling multiple, business) - “Selling a CPR Eight Ball Deluxe Playfield. Please see pics. Looks great. Please ask for detail pics and I will supply. Buyer pays shipping. Continental US only please Update: I...”
    2019-02-10
    Lodi, CA
    Viewed: 394 times

#5301 5 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I was until I realized the days conflicts with high school graduations for some family out of state. *grumble*

Those kids are so uncool scheduling graduation for that weekend!

#5305 5 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

I'm not missing it either. Told the wife to hold off on the 40th birthday party she wanted to throw for me. No need to be reminded life is about half over when I can feel like a kid still!

you can have it there!

4 months later
    #5492 4 years ago

I need a 4 pin male jones plug if anybody has extras. I can cut down from a larger plug if needed. Thanks

2 weeks later
    #5524 4 years ago

Anyone have a Gottlieb Count-Down they'd like to sell?

#5526 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Ah, you just missed one down here that sold last night for $350.

I was going for it but it sold before I could get to it

#5528 4 years ago

Anyone need anything off of this:

IMG_20190710_144912402 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_144912402 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_144915300 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_144915300 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_144918241 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_144918241 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #5620 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'll be looking for you norcal pinheads in Dixon!! If U C me,say hello,C U all there!!!!

I won't be able to make it this year. I'll be in Disneyland that weekend.

9 months later
    #5938 3 years ago

Thinking of adding a Joker Poker or a Count-Down to.the collection. Anybody have 1 they are thinking of selling

#5940 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Just missed mine. Mine ended up at the Flipper Room.

Thanks for the heads up

2 weeks later
    #5987 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Is that speaker panel on the tx-sector hinged? I'm restoring mine right now and the panel doesn't stay in place.

No and it's a PITA. I would turn it sideways so the left side was on the playfield. That way I still had displays but I had access to the boards

#5998 3 years ago

Selling a Williams Heat Wave project that needs cab repair

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Heat Wave Archived
    Functional - needs major work - “Selling a Williams Heat Wave. The pros: This game was playable at Golden State 2019. It been in storage since then. The playfield and backglass are in decent shape considering th...”
    2020-07-12
    Lodi, CA
    800 (OBO)
    Archived after: 8 days
    Viewed: 290 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#6001 3 years ago
    Quoted from lint:

Sheesh, that would look nice next to my C37. Dueling Ribbons!

That would be sweet

#6035 3 years ago

Sean is a nice guy from my experience. Polite and helpful. Used to be a big flipper, but I haven't seen his ads in a while. Have people had a bad experience with him?

When I was just getting into pinball Sean gave me a couple boxes of used parts and assemblies. I've been picking parts off if them for years. He always impressed me as a decent guy.

1 month later
    #6200 3 years ago

Who's got a joker poker they want to sell? I've got cash or trades ready to go.

#6202 3 years ago

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    As is - “I am selling a Bally Rocket III project I never got to. I removed everything from the cabinet and had it repaired and repainted. The project includes: 1 Repainted cabinet and bac...”
    2020-09-04
    Lodi, CA
    400 (OBO)
    Archived after: 2 days
    Viewed: 261 times
    Contributed to Pinside

Bally Rocket III project with a repainted cabinet

3 months later
    #6458 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Williams Time fantasy, imo

not Time Fantasy, that goes to a dmd game. And if I ever try and put that on my TF you have my permission to have me put out of my misery!

4 months later
    #6833 2 years ago

Yeah still holding out hope that there can be shows this year. If they can be open I'll be in Santa Clara, Banning and Dixon this year

#6847 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

I have been thinking of doing something like this at The Flipper Room in the parking lot. Weekend has loads of street parking on the circle. I have a huge event tent I was think of loading up with pins to play too. Plus the flipper room would be open with pins as well. Between the lot and the shop I could probably get around 50 pins turned on. Swap meet going, maybe someone can BBQ??? Or I can get a taco truck. Should we talk about this further?
    Maybe I could chat with Cheddar, Greg ong and the GSPF crew about possibly having a raffle to go towards next years GSPF too???
    Just floating ideas.

All of this sounds wonderful! Let's do it

2 months later
    #6950 2 years ago

I have a really nice original Solid State Joker Poker backglass I can bring to the Flipper Room this saturday if someone is looking for one.

2021-07-20 19.32.01 (resized).jpg2021-07-20 19.32.01 (resized).jpg2021-07-20 19.32.03 (resized).jpg2021-07-20 19.32.03 (resized).jpg2021-07-20 19.32.28 (resized).jpg2021-07-20 19.32.28 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #6969 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I brought a pile of legs that were at best offer for the whole lot. Never had anyone even ask

I would have but my pile of legs is sufficient to my needs.

3 weeks later
    #7005 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wow, pinball in Oct just became the Big news.
    Cal extreme is now ON!!!
    Dixon the weekend before.
    If I'm not working I'll be at both events.

I'll be at both on the Saturdays. Look forward to seeing you there!

3 weeks later
    #7056 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Who wants to spend all day trying to play games with a mask on?

I do, and will at PaGG too!

3 weeks later
    #7099 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I think I'm going to head over and check out CAX this evening. I didn't pre register but I'm hoping the crowd will be thin enough that I can pay at the door, yes I have a vac card and a mask. Who else is down to clown?

I'll be there this afternoon

2 months later
    #7226 2 years ago

Light working project Sinbad

Machine - For Sale
    Sinbad Archived
    Functional - needs minor work - “Selling this working Sinbad project I've had for a while. The pros: Board-wise this game works perfectly. Has a new Lisy1 board in it that not only provides the real game experie...”
    2022-01-02
    Lodi, CA
    600 (Firm)
    Viewed: 126 times

1 week later
    #7238 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

If that is what it takes, I'll happily throw some on the glass for a premium
    I'll make an ad later.
    [quoted image]

You didn't show the topper, that's a crucial part!

2 weeks later
    #7299 2 years ago
    Quoted from NorthJa:

Is there any leagues in the Sacramento area? I know the Flipper room does Tuesday (and that place is great) just too far away.

Capitol Corridor Pinball League with locations in Folsom and Lodi. www.powertothepinball.com

#7313 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Chris doesn't sell parts, he fixes games and is a stern and jjp dealer. His parts bay is for his repairs, not for sale. Lucky enough to call Chris a friend, but I don't ask him for parts ( unless I'm desperate, then I make him dinner in exchange!)
    B

Information he'll give you for free. Parts come installed in some he fixed.

Amazingly great guy thought to be so free with his time to help the community

5 months later
    #7613 1 year ago

Listed my Taxi for sale

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Taxi Archived
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice Looking Players Taxi for sale. Game looks to have day 1 mylar in excellent shape. Recently shopped with yellow titans, new balls and plays great with LED displays. Has some i...”
    2022-07-23
    Lodi, CA
    3,000 (OBO)
    Archived after: 1 day
    Viewed: 240 times
    Contributed to Pinside

2 weeks later
    #7629 1 year ago
    Quoted from zahner:

Is Naptha banned in Ca? If so, what’s a good substitute for cleaning and prepping?

I had luck ordering it from Amazon

1 month later
    #7673 1 year ago

Medusa for sale:

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Medusa Archived
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Selling a nice Bally Medusa It has some insert wear and some minor planking. Plays and looks excellent though. Cab is in good shape with some scuffs from the years. Backglass is in...”
    2022-09-09
    Lodi, CA
    3,250 (OBO)
    Archived after: 4 days
    Viewed: 326 times
    Contributed to Pinside

11 months later
    #8104 7 months ago

Project Jungle Lord Red Cab

Machine - For Sale
    As is - “Selling a Jungle Lord Red Cabinet Project. Game is complete but there is a burned transistor on the driver board. I'm clearing out projects that I haven't gotten too. Backglass l...”
    2023-09-07
    Lodi, CA
    900 (OBO)
    Archived after: 2 days
    Viewed: 216 times

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.