(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#530 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

I was pretty much all by myself at the PPM tonight for two hours. Kinda cool to have "run" of the place, kinda lonely also. :/ I was surprised, I thought it would be more busy on a Friday after 5pm.
    What really sucked is in my way out, I played a game of ACDC prem up front and got house balled all 3 balls, lol!

Looks like Keith took that picture...

1 year later
    #2969 8 years ago

I think Greg O is on the look out for a HS

2 months later
    #3241 8 years ago

Looks like I've been playing the wrong game...marbles are where all the chicks are at

5 months later
    #3719 8 years ago

"What is the number one scourge of not only PAGG but ALL Pinball shows?"

Me...

Quoted from practicalsteve:

So I have a little contest going on over in the Pin a go go thread and wanted to post it here for people planning on attending and in case you don't check that thread as often. If you decide to enter please post your entry in the PAGG thread so all entries stay in one thread.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/5#post-2931067
    What is the number one scourge of not only PAGG but ALL Pinball shows?
    Yeah ok, the guys not wearing deodorant and carpet bombing the aisles is pretty bad, but not that.
    NO, its the pinball hog! That guy that loves to start four games all by himself. The scoundrel that plays a game and pushes start for the next one with nary the look over his shoulder. He must be stopped!
    So heres the contest, Blownfuse and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to print little cards that we can tuck into the aprons of all the games at PAGG. Something simple that gets the point across that Pinball Hogs are not appreciated. I will print them up and provide them for free.
    We think they should be simple, eye catching, and say something like NO PINBALL HOGS, and have some kind of artwork of a hog with that little circle with the line through it. It should also outline simple the basic rules of pinball etiquette, one game a person when others are waiting, or ask others to join the fun. You know what the rules are, you have been going to these for years. Simplicity will be key.
    To enter, post your artwork in the thread and the top three with the most thumbs up will be voted on by Blownfuse and myself. Enter as often as you like.
    The winning design as stated will get their very own impossible to find Pin A Go Go Spirit T-shirt (if size available) and pack of pinball posters from me.
    Technical stuff: all artwork should be sized 3.75"x3.75" with the intention of being cut down to 3.5"x3.5" and having no important information 1/8" next to the 3.5" edge. All artwork to be considered for final print stages should be in a print ready file format (jpg for example) and in CMYK. Don't sweat the techincal stuff too much, I can work with what you make for the most part.

5 months later
    #4063 7 years ago

No pinball machines real or imagined were killed or injured in this earthquake.
    This earthquake was made by a trained professional, do not attempt to make an earthquake yourself...

3 months later
    #4175 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Duly noted: chico.craigslist.org link
    "I recently contacted this person to buy a different title from him. He told me he could bring it to me. Because i like to see machines myself in person and not in the back of a truck i declined delivery. He was very upfront with the fact that he sells a lot of games which are "hot" aka stolen and can get me any title i ask for, he then back tracked stating the particular title i was looking at was not however stolen. BUYERS BE AWARE!"

Are you sure he was not pulling you leg?

I'd think if there are stolen games we might have seen a post on Pinside

Then again maybe the police should notified

Hmmm...maybe he can get me a Popeye LOL

#4176 7 years ago

or better yet, lets see him steal a Hurcules

#4183 7 years ago

Anybody interested in going in on an Invisiglass order?

I've got a couple friends I'm trying to help out.

Bob C

#4185 7 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

If this is the case, does anyone here know who the operator may be and can he be contacted immediately to potentially catch this guy in the act?

just notify the police so they can setup a sting

#4187 7 years ago

I'll find out tomorrow hopefully

#4188 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

I'll find out tomorrow hopefully

waiting to hear back from JJP

1 week later
    #4228 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm excited to announce that I just placed a brand new Rob Zombie on location at Phoenix Games in Concord! According to the Pin Map there are only 8 on location on Earth! Best of all, the owner of the store insisted I set it on Adult Mode! The call outs are nuts and I got a Hand Job Bonus on my first ball . Returning tomorrow to install a shaker and a knocker.

I almost texted you today to ask about it!

4 months later
    #4412 7 years ago

I think regardless of the seller, they all ship direct from Stern to you. Use a credit card so you can charge the sale back if something goes wrong. Often issues can be resolved directly with stern. What is it you can't get?

2 weeks later
    #4459 7 years ago

don't forget to take the balls out of the machine

1 week later
    #4480 7 years ago

Excellent condition Breakshot for sale

Looking to get $2300 which is what I paid

New plastics set, spare target decals, and pool ball shooter rod obtained and provided for free

Can bring to PAGG

Thanks!

BobC

1 week later
    #4486 6 years ago

Bump

Quoted from BobC:

Looking to get $2300 which is what I paid
    New plastics set, spare target decals, and pool ball shooter rod obtained and provided for free
    Can bring to PAGG
    Thanks!
    BobC

#4488 6 years ago

Cactus Jack's for sale

In great shape

$1000 firm (what I paid)

New legs, new ramps, leds etc...I bought thrown in at no extra cost

Thanks!

BobC

#4493 6 years ago

Price drop to $2000

Looking to get $2300 which is what I paid (now $2000)

Can bring to PAGG

Thanks!

BobC

1 week later
    #4496 6 years ago

Phoenix video game FS in Antioch California

Can be yours for $100

Bought it at California Extreme for more than that

Plays great

Lots of fun

Monitor is good, but sound is scratchy until it's warmed up for a couple minutes.

Could use a new black cardboard around the monitor and a new light behind the marquee. Comes with a new spare control panel overlay and a new marquee

Can bring to PAGG

Here's some web info

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9004

Here's an example of game play somebody made

Thanks!

BobC

2 months later
    #4558 6 years ago

FS Arcade mini machine 60 in 1 $600

Has Ms Pacman artwork, barely used, has the "upgraded" light up marquee and more sensitive buttons. Sound is either quiet or loud, seller says that's the way the MB works, but I think it's the sound pot FYI

Paid $800 shipped, $600 and it's yours

Here's an example

https://www.arcademinis.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=46

Can bring to CAX on Saturday if needed

Thanks!

BobC

#4559 6 years ago

Mini 60 in 1 is sold

BobC

2 weeks later
    #4581 6 years ago

Anybody doing a group order on Star Wars? I'm interested in a Premium

Thanks!

BobC

2 weeks later
    #4600 6 years ago

Free project CD jukebox

here's an example

ebay.com link: Rowe LaserStar Storm Wall Mount CD 100 Jukebox

Although mine is just sitting on the floor (I have the wall mount somewhere, doesn't need wall mount, although you need to supply your own external speakers)

here's a video on youtube (not mine)

Thanks! - BobC

#4601 6 years ago

WOZECLE For sale

#325 of 1000

Asking $7000 or trade +/- cash (interested in IJ the Adventure or GNR or whatever???)

Thanks!

BobC

#4604 6 years ago

WOZECLE #325 spoken for now

BobC

#4606 6 years ago

Adam checks out A+

Thanks to everybody who says Adam is the best

Bob C

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////Reference check = Adam from LA CA, handle TKDalumni on Pinside

Anybody have dealings with him?

Thanks!

BobC

#4610 6 years ago

Is it safe to transport pins during this heatwave? Keep them in a vehicle? I'm worried about the playfield plastics warping in the heat.

BobC

5 months later
    #4870 6 years ago

Selling GnR $5000
    Hayburners 2 $800

Thanks!

BobC

#4874 6 years ago

Guns and Roses sale is pending

#4875 6 years ago

GnR sold to Adam

#4878 6 years ago

BUMP

Still for sale -Hayburners 2 $800

Thanks!

BobC

#4881 6 years ago

OT: FS fighting arcade game

I'm selling a "cocktail style" tabletop side-by-side 2 player mini arcade with 119 fighting games such as Street Fighter. Used twice.

I paid $535 shipped, asking $350

Thanks!

BobC

#4893 6 years ago

For sale
    Mini-arcade 108-in-1 2 person fighter $350

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60744

Thanks!

BobC

#4896 6 years ago

I went to the event at the Flipper Room last night.
    It's definitely a place you want to check out.

BobC

#4900 6 years ago

New at the Flipper Room, Wednesday will be my Star Trek Premium and Congo!

Bob C

#4903 6 years ago

But do the So Cal people read the Nor Cal thread?

I agree though. Let's get rid of those "CA for sale" copy cats just because...

3 months later
    #4996 5 years ago

Hopefully this is not a double post, but Pinball Magic is now available to play at the Flipperroom in Concord

1 month later
    #5045 5 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Dude, I'm not and don't want to be rude

If your messing with the "Bee" you're messing with me!

Which probably means i'm introuble LOL

Bob C not B

3 years later
    #7157 2 years ago

Well it’s been a while since I’ve sold anything here.
    Is it required that the item be linked to a marketplace ad these days?
    I am helping a friend in Discovery Bay sell his pins.

I have to preface this with my life has been cursed with all kinds of problems recently and I’m pretty bogged down.
    That being said, I will certainly reply to replies or PMs but if you want the pictures it might take a few days for me to dig them up… it’s been several months and I take lots of pictures of all kinds of nonsense on a daily basis LOL.

I’m not sure what today’s NorCal prices are, so I’m just going off of what the Pinside machine database indicates.

Great condition Stern 2007 Spider-Man. It has the subway train and building mods that go over quite a distance over the return ramps. Those mods are pretty pricey from what I understand. It’s got upgraded speakers in it, or at least a better woofer. Shaker motor. If I recall the armor is Chromed out. The side rails are the aftermarket Ritchie ones with the web pattern at the flipper buttons. LEDs I believe.
    $5400

HUO very low plays Metallica Pro. Upgraded speakers, or at least a better woofer. There might be more to it but I don’t recall. A really good looking machine.
    $5500

Dr Dude . The numerical displays are perfect and probably aftermarket. There are a couple plastics with little bits broken off. I believe you can get some of those such as the slingshots. I think there’s probably a light or two out, and I think it has LEDs.
    Overall good shape for a machine of it’s age.
    The price listed on the Pinside “Machines” data base seems pretty high. But it’s been along time since I’ve bought the machine that era. Maybe they went way up in price from 10 years ago?
    $2900 but definitely willing to take less.

I’m doing this these descriptions from my faulty memory, but if a serious inquiry pops up, my pictures will certainly convey what’s what quite accurately.

Thanks!

BobC

#7164 2 years ago

The Metallica, Spider-Man, and Doctor dude are all spoken for

thank you for all those that responded

BobC

2 months later
    #7362 2 years ago

LOTR for sale in Antioch $5600 cash firm

Was routed for a bit at Phoenix Games in Concord

Typical wear around flipper buttons (maybe start too…don’t recall)
    Some wear on head decals

Playfield great condition

Path of the dead mod, Cliffy’s, another mod = ramp from path of the dead to the shire (so ball does not drop onto the Arwen plastic), LEDs (I’m pretty sure), extra brand new jump ramp.

Selling for a friend. Can get pictures and more precise details.

Thanks!

BobC

1 month later
    #7451 2 years ago

For sale

Guardians of the Galaxy premium

Excellent condition

$8000 cash

Pickup in Antioch

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=bobc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.