(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anubis2night.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2341 9 years ago

I'm in Santa Rosa, thanks for the tip on healdsburg I'll have to drive up there and check out the games. I'm sure you guys know most of the juice shacks have a pinball in them as well.

#2355 9 years ago

Where's that (any link)

#2373 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

All, there is a new bar in Healdsburg called Scouts Bar. It is located at 111 Plaza St, right across from the park. They have 5 pinball machines: Bride of Pinbot, Taxi, Black Knight 2000, Whirlwind and Cue Ball Wizard. They are all set to free play and they are all playing great. They are open Wednesday through Saturday from 7pm to 2am. Go check them out! This should be added to the Bay Area pinball map too.

Bride of pinbots gone.

The other games are ok though each has a few issues.

#2375 9 years ago

answered in the other california thread

#2378 9 years ago

Didn't see anything beyond wizard of oz, not sure if that was there before Metallica.

#2392 9 years ago

Any chance someone is letting go of Shadow? (Bay Area)

#2397 9 years ago

Hopefully it will bring me a shadow

1 week later
    #2422 9 years ago

I'll have to check craigslist. Meanwhile tomorrow a buddy and I are headed to SF to play some pinball at Free Good Watch. anyone in the area hit me up

#2427 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

Dont forget the GG Bridge is closed

Yeah, I work in marin through the week and in SF so I had originally been planning on skipping anything close to SF this weekend, but then I changed my mind. I'm thinking we may stop by oakland on the way back to play some TOTAN as well.

Great Metallica btw

#2448 9 years ago

Just curious how's the selection of games for sale at PAGG? In my experience around hot rods ect usually the events bring up higher prices, but with the way it is trying to find games on the west coast I figured it may be worth a shot

#2451 9 years ago

Thanks guys, I'm trying on that note if anyone ever needs a hand with lugging some pins and im available I'd be happy to help. I'm up in Santa Rosa but work in marin and sometimes SF.

#2473 9 years ago

Sonoma county guy here, anyone have weekly meet ups or gaming scheduled anywhere?

I may head down to free good watch again this weekend (actually found out I have a job in SF tomorrow so I may stop by for a few games of AFM)

#2491 9 years ago

Sooooo tempted to drive down to banning ca tonight from sonoma county. Anyone else thinking of going? If not I may just visit SF for pinball this weekend

#2517 9 years ago

hi Sborel, I'm just a few minutes south of you in Larkfield. Hit me up if you ever want to go play some pinball

#2520 9 years ago

I've been meaning to go check them out. Lately I've been on a freegoldwatch kick (mainly because I've had a few jobs in SF during the week and gas is so cheap). Let me know

#2531 9 years ago

Man if only I read this yesterday, I was in Vacaville picking up some items for work. Spent tonight playing Totan in my Oakland. Was far too noisy to appreciate the game (they had a DJ there tonight) but had some good games.

#2567 9 years ago

niiiiice congrats.

#2577 9 years ago

Gotta love days like that. Stories like this make me happy to see this still happens in the Bay Area.

1 week later
    #2597 9 years ago

You should check out freegoldwatch in SF while your down here

#2611 9 years ago

Did I miss Pliny the younger at Russian river brewery this year (my buddy usually hits me up and we go over a few times before it's over)

#2613 9 years ago

Hmmm might have to go get one tonight, thanks

#2617 9 years ago

I'm going to Russian river brewery tomorrow then maybe over to play some metallica afterwards

1 week later
    #2639 9 years ago

I wonder how these people are proving the provenance of these claims with these machines. I'm also kind of curious why so many people overcharge for machines and then have the balls to sell one that's not mint.

#2674 9 years ago

Anyone gonna check out that AFM in Hayward for sale?

1 week later
    #2705 9 years ago

Any specific reason people go with their choice of company?

Price
    Better shipping
    Customer service
    Extras
    Something I can't think of

#2707 9 years ago

Ah thanks, this is the kind of stuff to know when your new to the whole nib shopping

#2724 9 years ago

Re: legionaire is that legionaire saloon? Love that place (the only place around with a totan. but pricey

Powder coating there used to be a place in Rhonert Park that did powder coating we used to send all sorts of signs and posts there for coating. Also you may want to ask around with the coke restoration places to see who they use or hot rods shops

#2727 9 years ago

Yeah MB is color dmd as is totan both look great (haven't played MET there yet)

#2731 9 years ago

I'd be interested in hourly for totan it's the only one on route in the bay area and we sometimes travel from Santa rosa to play it so putting some time on it would be beneficial for us

#2746 9 years ago

personally, for me here's my view on the hour idea:

I'm driving at least an hour away to com eplay this machine (TOTAN specifically) now I'm not that great with it yet, heck, at an hour drive to come play it I can't get there too often to invest the time needed to dial it in playwise. factor in that I will be traveling with a buddy or my wife and I'll be playing two player. So we'll be there for at least an hour, the last thing I want to do is throw quarters into the machine then walk back over to the coin dispenser by the front entrance and get more quarters (I lost $ .75 last time into the trach can that sits directly under the coin tray) then you have to factor in the odds of a machine eating a quarter or a few (I lost another $ .75 on MB, sorry im the guy that got those quarter stuck in there) so having the ability to play for time is a great option, I'm not worried about losing balls to try and get shots down and can practice accordingly, whereas with paying per game I may eat through several games just to get some shots down.

Now that being said, I can easily see not doing that with MB as I have most of those shots down and can last quite some time on a game so paying by the hour wouldn't be worth it for me on that title.

At any rate Im just happy there's this variety there and in great shape. Love em. gotta plan a trip there for some ramen and pinball

#2749 9 years ago

True though personally if I see someone wanting to play I'll offer to play with them, or let them take a game and play a few of MB.

#2751 9 years ago

for the record I havent had anyone waiting to play when we've been there, when someone is on a game I'd like to play we just play MB till they leave (I believe they do host tournaments there though but I havent been on those days, usually we go on a sat or sun and it hasn't been a pinball crowd on those nights

#2755 9 years ago

Thanks, then again does that place have TOTAN? I bet not

#2760 9 years ago

Yeah I was just gonna say it's a real beaut. looks like it just stepped out of the 90's

#2769 9 years ago

Thanks Steve I'm gonna watch this tomorrow

#2783 9 years ago

I've never played a BH but I'd love to, I hope you get to bring it.

#2787 9 years ago

Here's what I'm hoping to see there at the show,

TOTAN
    TS
    (Wold love to play a nice dialed in IJ)
    I'm looking forward to trying out some EM's
    I'd also be interested in playing the new stern wrestlemania just to see what it's like.
    I'm hoping to see a MMr there as well.

And I just realized that this isn't the pagg thread lol...

But the biggest thing I'm hoping to achieve with going to pagg is meeting some of the great folks on the forum.

#2813 9 years ago

That pin looked amazing. I really enjoyed his used of leds. Nothing too distracting. Great set up too for work.

Thanks again to Willie for the invite and great to meet skill_shot and practicalsteve.

Next time I'll bring beers

#2842 9 years ago

That's it I'm gonna have to visit that Scandia

#2857 9 years ago

That's it I need to plan a trip to concord (I'll see if my brother who live there would like to go)

1 week later
    #2912 9 years ago

I wish the Rhonert Park one would get a mmr

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anubis2night.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=anubis2night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.