(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aingide.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#449 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Someone buy my spider man!

You bought another Spider-Man? Man, you rotate games a LOT.

#474 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Is anyone interested in The Shadow for $2200 in Fairfield. The cabinet doesnt look like a 9 to me but if it plays well its a good deal. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the guys #. sfbay.craigslist.org link

I'm in the market for a TS. Is $2,200 a good price in this condition? Cabinet and coin door are a little rough and it's missing a few of the mongol characters (I think).

There was a shopped out one with LEDs from Sean Casey posted about a month ago for $2,400, but I missed out.

#477 10 years ago

Thanks dsuperbee and pinballrus.

Yeah, the inside of the cabinet also has a ton of wear from the PF being lifted in and out...to me, a 9 cabinet is a HUO game with a few scratches. This seems like a 5, so wondering what the poster's definition of 10 for mechanical functionality actually means.

I guess I'll hold out for one in better shape for that price.

#480 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Go check it out, make an offer. Worst that can happen is he says no.

It's a 150+ mile round trip and I don't have a truck, so it's a little bit of an investment for me if I actually went through with picking it up.

4 months later
    #1234 10 years ago

Is $1800 a good price for Taxi? It's been on my wish list for a while...

7 months later
    #1916 9 years ago

So is anyone looking to sell some games to make room for TWD?

I'm on the hunt for TS, WCS, TFTC, CFTBL, BK2K and a handful of others.

4 months later
    #2568 9 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm testing the waters for trading out a bunch of games...

I'm mostly looking for DMDs, but after Arcade Expo I could add one or two SSs or EMs to the mix. My Pinside wishlist is mostly up to date.

I can take photos later if needed, but my ideal situation is dealing with someone local who can check them out and pick them up in person.

Below is a high-level description of each. All of the games are player's quality, have no system errors on boot, and play well.

I do still enjoy most of these, it just feels like time for a change. Please send me a PM if you're interested.

Star Trek: The Next Generation
    probably routed
    cabinet in nice condition
    very clean playfield
    recently rebuilt flippers
    rebuilt DMD controller board from Coin-Op Cauldron
    new flipper boards
    full LED kit from pinballbulbs.com
    ColorDMD

South Park
    routed
    cabinet in decent condition
    clean playfield (typical wear around Kenny hole, Mr. Hankey's right hand is missing)
    recently rebuilt flippe
    recently installed 3 new target mechs
    about 90% LEDs
    have an extra Kenny figure and possibly some other extra parts

Bram Stoker's Dracula
    routed
    cabinet in decent condition (wear from routing, but reds are deep on side art)
    clean playfield (left ramp has crack/dent)
    have prototype slingshot plastics
    about half LEDs

Hurricane
    routed
    cabinet pretty beat (extremely faded, sides of head painted black)
    clean playfield (left flipper return ramp has crack)
    about half LEDs (back box + inserts)
    needs new backbox lock (included)
    topper
    backbox motor rebuilt or replaced by previous owner

Waterworld
    routed
    cabinet in decent condition
    playfield - flipper drag wear at bottom, typical wear around dive hole
    LEDs

Break Shot
    routed
    cabinet in good condition
    very clean playfield

2 months later
    #2883 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

$480 for Sorcerer? Awesome. Congrats to the buyer!

Agreed, I'd take a working $480 Sorcerer all day, every day.

4 months later
    #3262 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
    UGH! never the right time, love this game, wish i could grab it.

Would this be a good first EM? I have all DMD/SSs, but am looking to mix it up.

1 month later
    #3386 8 years ago
    Quoted from kerokero:

Yeah, it's too bad about Pizza Depot closing. Here's some pix from the last BAPA league night there before they closed in August.

Does anyone know why they closed? I couldn't find any details.

Still surprised that no barcade has opened in the south bay/peninsula. Craft cocktails, beer and retro gaming seem like the perfect combination for the tech crowd down here.

1 year later
    #4535 6 years ago

Does anyone know of a bay area resource for playfield clearcoating? I've got a PF that I'd like to have sanded down to wood, decal applied, then cleared.

Any help is much appreciated.

#4539 6 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

What's the game and what level of craftsmanship are you looking for?

It's GOT Premium. I'm looking to apply new artwork: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-superfan-edition-personal-project#post-3813613

As for craftsmanship, ideally I'd like to find someone who knows how to clear an overlay without causing too many bubbles/ghosting/other issues. I thought about using cans of Spraymax 2k, but given how much time the art has taken I want to have it done by someone who knows what they're doing.

1 year later
    #5314 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there’s another JJP Pirates on location in the bay area? Other than Free Gold Watch?

I’ve played it at shows a few times, but haven’t had a chance to spend time on it recently.

#5323 5 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Hey aingide I have one in Los Gatos and I’m happy for you to come over and play. Will have to be after this weekend though as I’ve got an out of town guest.

Quoted from imagamejunky:

You're welcome to play mine in Livermore as well. PM me

Awesome, thanks a lot! I might take you guys up on that.

1 month later
    #5402 5 years ago

Hey everyone, thinking about selling my IJ. Gauging interest.

It's in amazing shape. Great playfield, Mike Chestnut nickel-plated gun, ColorDMD, Pingraphics decals for the ramps/path of the dead, non-faded cab with some touchups near the rear, Flipper Fidelity audio, extra plastics/protectors/boards, flashers on the planes, and some additional lighting in the back to illuminate the rear of the game. Everything is mechanically sound and it works great. Best Indy I've ever played, for whatever that's worth (coming from the guy trying to sell it ).

It's really nice. I've attached some photos and videos. If you're interested send me a PM. I'm thinking $8500. No rush to sell it or anything, but testing the waters here first before I list it on CL or Pinside classifieds.

Thanks!

Video of game off: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydkqyukxvodwfpg/IMG_2743.MOV?dl=0
    Video of game on (sorry for vertical vid, flipping with one hand): https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6ur4n7p6vpvip3/IMG_2750.MOV?dl=0

IMG_8270 (resized).JPGIMG_8270 (resized).JPGIMG_2410 (resized).JPGIMG_2410 (resized).JPGIMG_4211 (resized).JPGIMG_4211 (resized).JPGIMG_9390 (resized).JPGIMG_9390 (resized).JPG Added over 5 years ago:

Looks like the video links expired, here are new ones:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/su5d6igo8xhmhcw/IMG_2743.MOV?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaq40fi9fz17ngv/IMG_2750.MOV?dl=0

Added over 5 years ago:

Game is sold, thanks!

1 year later
    #6194 3 years ago

I’m looking to sell or trade some machines to bring new stuff into the game room. Haven’t played in months, feel like mixing it up.

Looking to move some of the following:
    * The Shadow
    * World Cup Soccer
    * Metallica Premium (Pinball Refinery Edition #1!) - second owner
    * The Avengers Hulk LE - second owner
    * Rob Zombie w/ all factory add-ons - first owner

Send me a PM with what you’ve got to trade or let me know if you’re interested in buying. I’m mostly looking for newer games.

Haven’t written down details, taken photos, or set prices yet, wanted to gauge interest here first before going through the hassle.

I’m in Santa Clara.

Thanks!

3 years later
    #8114 6 months ago

Hey everyone, I'm looking to sell a few games up in San Jose. I'm traveling this week, will put up listings or photos as needed later, but wanted to get this out there to see if there's any immediate interest. I'd like to sell sometime next week or the week after.

Very easy to come pick up - no stairs, just back in your vehicle and carry a few yards.

#world-cup-soccer - colorDMD, LEDs, everything works great - $5500/obo

#phantom-of-the-opera - crazy good example of this game, unobtanium NOS playfield installed, cabinet in great shape, amazing backglass w/unscratched mask, Cliffys, many new parts, LEDs, Sparky TV mod showing Phantom movie, new glass - $5000/obo

#avengers-le - loaded green Hulk limited edition, HUO, colorDMD, upgraded Teseract cube, acrylic Hulk topper, shaker motor, mirror blades, clear titan rubber and colored Cliffy posts, Captain America shield pop covers, LED speakers with Avengers mirrors, Loki moved to better position, lots of spotlights and lighting added - $6500/obo

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aingide.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.