Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xscrapiron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

I wish we had a place like Playland or Phoenix Games in the bay for the Sacramento area.There is certainly enough interest and players in the area to have weekly get togethers/tournaments.right now Sac is an area what she describes at 2:40

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Hey guys!!! I'm here!!!
    Gimme about another month or two & I'll host a Pinside party @ my place.
    I'll probably have to limit the number of people though to like a comfortable 50 (give or take)

Cool we can always start the crawl at my pad.My 1 car shack fits four people very comfy

#40 10 years ago

Hear Hear mof..We really need a dedicated place for norcal for all those reasons.I dig SPG but newsgroops are a very ancient and limited in action.Someone hook this up.I am willing to donate some time to any project

#43 10 years ago

listed here on JonnyO's blog
    http://pinballbayarea.com/new-to-the-sf-scene/

This is for the bay..there is nothing in the Sacto area..Someone start it now..

#46 10 years ago

so you can slide in w/opaying for a movie.That usually a weekend event.During the week or slow days the ticket takers are up front by the entrance.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Sweating out in the garage working on my DW (Thank you Daniel for the parts!) while 2 racks of ribs slow cook in the smoker.
    It has to be around 100 out today, and the garage is no different! (I really should be working on my Earthshaker, but got frustrated with the never ending issues so decided to swap it up!)
    What is everyone working on today?

Just got back from the Food Truck event in west Sac.Its was blazing.Working on my buddies Indy trying to finish the playfield.Def drinking some brews..Lmk if you need help bro

#65 10 years ago

I made a B line for the soul food truck so im stuff on ribs and jumbalaya.I decided to get a real powder coat job on my JD so im also stripping pait as well tonight

#83 10 years ago

Sent the 20+JD parts to the PC place in Carmichael.Thanks again Sparky for the OJT on easy side rail removal.Summer is here time for BBQ brews and pins.My shack is going to suck this weekend.107 on Saturday

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Glad to hear you got the siderails off without any problems. Are you going with the same colr red? That was a nice color for the JD!

I picked out a deeper red.little bit on the bloody side.I will shoot photos when its done.I was in Modesto today and stopped by funworks.Seems all the pins are gone,or did I miss a hidden room someplace.Also stopped by the bowling alley and saw what must have been the filthiest pins ever on route.If someone can confirm this please update the pinmap

#98 10 years ago

oh well bummer bro..I have an interview in Stockton on Friday.lmk if your around then bro

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

I always made an effort when I went there with my wife and kid to put in some games on all the pins there.

Ya I made sure I checked the pin map before I headed up to Jamestown this mourning.When i arrived I was right away kicked in the bean bag by nothing but redeption games.We should all try and make an effort to keep the map updated.

#127 10 years ago

Wow.if its the same William (I-80 off greenback ln)..ive been to Will's house never knew he had a neighbor a few doors down with pins as well..did he speak with ihis iphone as well..crazy coincidence

1 week later
    #181 10 years ago

Too bad yours has a slight mark on your piano mod..you should be able to get 9998$ for yours Willy

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Now back to hand holding and peace and love and pinball before our thread gets locked and we have to start a new one.

I am by no stretch good at this but why don't we start something like this I threw together http://ncpb.boardforum.ca/ ..I know someone can put something better together.I am willing to donate time.I think Mike has some good domains already locked down that can be used.It would also cure the piling up emails from a old outdated comm like newsgroups (SPG).

#205 10 years ago

I not saying get rid of it I love SPG as well.Just a thought to filter people from out of the area someplace else instead of your inbox

2 months later
    #369 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Nope, but a great tiki bar, and the drinks are stiff! Food is pretty good too.

Ya trader sams is cool..I picked up some cool tiki mugs for whenever I have a cool game room at some point in my life.also pick up a cool HM mickeys halloween party sign from anna convention from last month.I dont know why they just dont hang a Flynns sign up over the Starcade since its mostly classics now

3 weeks later
    #401 10 years ago

Ya its pretty damn lame.Good news is we have a new tourney starting tonight here in Sacramento.I really hope PPE returns soon

#426 10 years ago

I am also trying to move my FT If anyone is interested.Why..I have no idea why,I picked the wrong hobby for ocd's ..Im sure Goldwings went down in flames to a rag snapper alright.My bet is San Jose not Santa Rosa.Or "insert flipper here"

#451 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I did it to help someone buy a different pin. That and I'm OCD with my lineup.

Your not the only one..My FT im selling/trading has been in my collection the longest.Im proud of myself for hanging on to it so long

#484 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Go check it out, make an offer. Worst that can happen is he says no.
    Inside of the cab from pf lifting is an easy fix with a can of spray paint, some newspaper, and tape. Not a big deal. Outside.....yeah that is a different story!
    I don't think all new rubbers were put on, the post rubbers at the upper ramp were not replaced, you can see the ball marks. Not a huge deal, but......it is something I would check out.

I have been eyeing that TS for weeks now.Ya but I figured on that rating system might be sometime before seller grows a brain and accepts a reasonable offer. one of us should just bite the bullet and go look at it.I guess a 80 miles round trip for me is not too bad.

1 week later
    #531 10 years ago

Natty Ice auto focus

#541 10 years ago

Friday or Saturday for me.I always find free parking around the corner

#576 10 years ago

Ya give us a heads up. Dont think I can make it to the launch party

#579 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I'm in major money-save mode right now(unless I find a FH super cheap!).

Sounds like a phrase I have been muttering for the past few months.cash still in hand and no FH

#581 10 years ago

One popped up on craigs for 1500 this summer and a local collector snagged it.Today IJ for 3500.Deals are still to be had

#596 10 years ago

Count me in as well

#618 10 years ago
    Quoted from KenPin:

Going to pick up wife's cousin from SFO tomorrow night. Anybody got any pins for sale in San Francisco area?

Looking for something as well.well a fixer upper FH.No luck around these parts.Good luck bro not a ton going on around these parts

3 weeks later
    #708 10 years ago

They need another location here in Sacto.someone get on that please

#712 10 years ago

Looks like they added some pins in south shore.Last time I was there it was two dead nascars and that shot out POTC at monte blu.Might be some fun this snow season.thanks Mark

#724 10 years ago

I remember FLY when I was a kid.Never saw a pinball in there either.There was an RC car dirt track behind it back in the 80s.Good stuff Glen

#744 10 years ago

Anyone know who has that JY for trade on craigs right now.They are looking for a RS and I have one

#759 10 years ago

Kerry I know one guy in Sac getting one.I have yet to even see/play a pro yet.might have to roadtrip out to the bay..

Leo13 can you rub some goodluck my way.I cant get a single bite on my roadshow

1 week later
    #788 10 years ago

Im posting my STTNG FS/FT to any locals.I might consider a 2 for 1 throwing in my RS for the right title. hit me up if you want to deal before I as well will be off to the price police

#829 10 years ago

Just got back from my trip to the east bay.Man what an awesome scene.Stopped by Phoenix games got my butt handed to me by all games but not TZ.Played really well.Stopped by Hi-life and played ST pro.Fun and amazing game but not level,drained every time out of the vengeance lock.Headed over to the Legionnarie Saloon and played a ton of MET with jonnyo .Got a bunch of replays and had a blast

Seriously why the hell cant Sac have this kind of scene.It was awesome.wish I lived in the bay for pinball but paid Sacto living prices

#854 10 years ago
    Quoted from jyfly:

Yes but serious buyers only! Does she seriously think she will have a buyer at 12K? It must be one of those, this is what they go for on Ebay sellers.

Quick send over that Sopranos model from oakland..That should help

1 week later
    #926 10 years ago

Wish some place in Sac would get a WOZ.Going to have to add that to my eastbay roadtrip

#937 10 years ago

Oh no our old PF is there.Gonna make the trip that much more special. Hope they low balled the flipper into submission for it. Glen im feeling that ACDC prem bug now as well

#944 10 years ago

Nice price Dylan..Someone should snap up that bad boy

1 week later
    #1070 10 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

Definitely let me know if you decide to sell it. I would likely be interested in at least taking a look at it.

Too bad this was not a month ago.The one I had was very nice.It did go to a fellow pinsider that was his first pin.Eventually I will have a house where I am not forced to rotate games so often

#1097 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Any pinsiders here selling that Rollergames on CL? I emailed them to see if they wanted to do a trade for F-14.

There was a dude on KLOV selling one from Tracy

1 week later
    #1185 10 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Glen, let's both go over and help him. We should talk to Brad first though since he's already done it.
    izzy

Should be a pretty simple job at Dylan's pad. Ive been at this POTC shop out all day. If you guys are heading over LMK. Also there is a in prompt to pin night at Keith's house tomorrow. Izzy I was at Dad's tonight and the Doozie was down. I almost asked for the keys.was thinking my EM Glen FLY Hardware skills were up to par "ya I can fix it,do you have a Key"

#1204 10 years ago

Dylan if you need help on the shaker I will be free on Friday. I installed one on my IM so its still fresh in my head, sorry I couldn't make it out today.Digging the 2014 PAGG poster. Hope they make a blue shirt with a front logo this year

#1248 10 years ago

Wow that looks like one hell of a project.Cant wait to see how it turns out.Are you going to re decal it

#1319 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

I wondered the same thing
    Does U- Haul even have vans this big with a lift gate ?
    I did snap one shot of the van after loading

Load in day. What a blast. Well until the u-hauls show up.Not too far away fellas cant wait

1 week later
    #1364 10 years ago

Awesome stuff Steve

1 week later
    #1442 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Hope this finds it's way to someone looking for a fairly priced SS (3900).
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

I emailed as well and heard nothing. Had a blast tonight CCPL west. Can't wait for PAGG 2014.Should be an epic time

2 months later
    #1650 9 years ago

Wow 5100 for an AC/DC prem in norcal.What a great deal.Hope someone in Sacto landed this

6 months later
    #2052 9 years ago

Anyone looking for a Getaway hit me up. Im out of room again

3 weeks later
    #2165 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Scam alert. Watch out for the "Mint" Getaway ad on Bay Area CL. I spoke with the guy over the phone and his story had more holes in it than swiss cheese. He's definitely a liar, definitely a flake, and likely a scammer.

That was not my posting. I would never call my Getaway "mint". I did post in the bay CL though. Hope this foolio doesn't rain on my listing

1 week later
    #2281 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

That getaway plays great too. Sooner or later somebody will pick it up and that persob is going to be really happy.

Ya bro maybe a deal in the works for another one of your old titles. Wish I had the space to actually keep a title. Been scouting some new pads. I would love to have my JD TFTC DW back when space is not an issue

#2313 9 years ago

I third that bro. I have some samples If you want to test them out

3 weeks later
    #2409 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I was checking the pinball map and I noticed that the games are not listed at pilot travel center.
    Does anyone know, did they remove all the pins?

I went by there a few days ago they have removed that whole game area and replaced it with various smoking devices in glass cases. Lame

#2434 9 years ago

Bigdan when I had it the sound would cut out if you try to turn it below 8 on the volume. If you keep the sound above nine it shouldn't cut out. Unless its new issue. Pins like Metal need to be turned up

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpgSpinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg
    1 month later
    #2741 9 years ago

Pretty much what I would have guessed, hardly deals at all.

Ya not worth it at all. Glad I stayed home. I went out last week to check the games out. SM had wear at the pops to the wood, needed new ramps and plastics. POTC was probably the best of the bunch, so at 3k probably the only "deal" out of the three.

1 week later
    #2763 9 years ago

I saw and played that JM back when I picked up my ID4 from Dan a few years ago. Excellent game in fantastic shape. Someone needs to get this ASAP

1 week later
    #2781 9 years ago

I second the BH. I will vote for JM if you can somehow turn the video mode off. Just make sure you dont set PF glass on the floor this year

#2790 9 years ago

Big big thanks to BlobfishXL for stopping by today and helping me haul a pin up to the garage. Moving a pin is always my least favorite part of this hobby, thanks for helping! I will reciprocate any time!

Why the hell is everything in the east bay an elevated position. When I got my creech out of Keith's. What a pain in the ass that was. The house has a basement. Why not build it on the ground. Its just strange living around levee's here in Sacto and nothing is elevated

#2796 9 years ago

Houses in Curtis Park not soo much. I guess East Bay homes are more built over a garage type setup. I guess its not that strange now that I think about it. I guess the moving a 300lb game from up stairs still haunts me

#2811 9 years ago

Willie does awesome work. PAGG is upon us. Can't wait to hang with the fellas

1 week later
    #2881 9 years ago

damn you woodbridge boy. I just got off work. hope you get it so I can play

1 month later
    #2972 8 years ago

Yup Sparky's work is awesome. I saw the WH20 during restore and after. Amazing work.

#2983 8 years ago

Rad I will be at Fanny Anns on WED stoked on that lineup. I think the Mental Health album cover should be posted with the lineup but thats just me . Jabbles hope I will be able to make it next weekend, job willing. Jpc I also live in E G. Hopefully my new job will happen soon where I can have a normal schedule and play some more pinball. Work sucks!!

1 month later
    #3066 8 years ago
    Quoted from shaunsquid:

I have been MIA for a bit but I will DEFINITELY be showing up for this some time very soon.

Ya we only had four show up. Lets get some more players next time. Word of advice try to show up right at 6pm. That way you can feed the meeter 2$ to put at the 8 o'clock hour when the meters are free. That way you don't have to keep feeding and won't risk a 40$ parking tix. cant wait for KISS to drop at Fanny's.

#3080 8 years ago

Awesome time Jabbles. I will try not to pull that rookie move again from now on

4 weeks later
    #3136 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Who's planning on going to fanny Ann's tomorrow to get some time on kiss?
    I plan on being there in the afternoon. Hope to see you there.

Did we get a for sure from Steve yet? I will be there if kiss lands for sure

#3145 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Wont ever be a SOF for sale thread as it will be here before he has to make a thread Steve!

There wont be a damn Sorcerer thread either. Back off bud!!

2 months later
    #3434 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lamboo27:

Who maintains the games now at Woodstock Pizza in Davis I just now noticed they've added some new pins DH, NF, Nascar, and RFM

I think its Loren. He also put a nice WH20 at Dad's Kitchen in Sacramento

2 months later
    #3681 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Thanks Loren. I'm sure Alex was just super stoked about hearing about an MM. He is more enthusiastic about location machines than anyone I know. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding l.

4 weeks later
    #3730 8 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

I've got to get over to Phoenix Games and play all of Rob and Bryce's games !!

I was there Sunday when Kevin was moving transformers out. For sure have to make a trip back soon. Such a rad location

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xscrapiron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=Xscrapiron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.