(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spybryon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Clear-coats (who can do them)

Mof, Gary from Bobcat Batteries can do clear-coats and he has 2day turnaround time right now! He is super nice guy and stays open most Thurs nights for pinball. I go there to play pretty often on Thursday nights. Hope some pinsiders can join in the fun playing there or get their playfields cleared.

Check this out :

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Quoted from mof:

A list of all pin leagues

listed here on JonnyO's blog

http://pinballbayarea.com/new-to-the-sf-scene/

3 weeks later
    #165 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Getting closer to getting my life back in order, finally got my van back from the body shop yesterday. Yay! Once I get caught back up, I can join in on a pinball System 80 open house. I'll keep y'all posted here.

Wow, that is awesome ! I'll be there!

1 month later
    #277 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I've been advised to have board work done on my project 1985 Williams Sorcerer.
    Are there any amazing board work guys in Norcal?

Mof,

I can work on boards for you. I read that thread but not sure exactly what you need done?

Chris is also an excellent choice for board work. He knows everything and will explain it to you as he is doing it! Great way to learn from the master.

#284 10 years ago

Hey did someone get a Williams pin off CL for $1? Which one?

I saw something a few days ago about landlord selling abandoned tenant property.

#290 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Anyone in Nor Cal thinking of selling a System 11 this summer?

Interested in finding a local:

Pin*Bot
    Big Guns
    Swords of Fury

thanks!
    -mof

Mof are you trying to collect every System 11?

Don't forget to get a Bad Cats

#292 10 years ago

I like Pin*Bot but I actually prefer Jackbot. If you haven't played Jackbot I suggest you try to play one before buying a Pin*Bot.

1 month later
    #391 10 years ago

Incase anyone is interested have 4 pins for sale / for trade right now (Spy Hunter, Big Guns, Firepower II, Alien Poker project). I prefer trades but will definitely sell them if you want to do that instead:

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/8027

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/7970

#398 10 years ago

Hey you with the face !

New lower prices on my pins 4 sale:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-pins-for-sale-for-trade-in-sf-bay-area

1 week later
    #462 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

We got 29 players, a couple from as far as Sacramento and Monterey (on a Tuesday! Nuts!).
    Good seeing everyone and hope you had a great time. Next up is the Star Trek launch on 10/16 and then another tourney on 10/29.
    Congrats to new Bay Area transplant Joey Springer for taking the win. Joey is IFPA ranked 62nd and will have some good competition looking forward against other top local guys like Andrei Massenkoff, Tim Hansen and Neil Shatz.
    http://pinballbayarea.com/2013/09/25/hi-life-924-results/

Thanks again for hosting the tournament Jonny! I had a great time and know that any tournament you are running is going to be fun and well organized. Thanks for putting up with the shenanigans and keeping me an honest player. I made the mistake of flipping two times on an extra ball.

#464 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Congrats on the tournament Johnny!
    Not to harp on about it, but, ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT! East Bay City Rumble! East Bay City Rumble! EAST BAY CITY RUMMMMMMMMMMMBLE!
    http://www.eastbaypinball.org/rumble
    30 bucks a team. I stop taking email/PM registrations tomorrow night at 9PM. On site registration opens around 9:30AM Saturday morning and closes at 11:30AM. Tournament starts at noon. I will likely spam about it again...
    You can also sign up by hitting East Bay Pinball League tonight and asking for Stephen. League starts at 7:30PM at Phoenix Games in Concord.

I am registered

What games are going to be used in the rumble?

#465 10 years ago

The FAQ says :

What tables will be in the competition?
    For a current list of tables that are at Phoenix Games, check out the official East Bay Pinball website. Because 90% of the tables at Phoenix Games are privately owned by EBP members, there is a healthy rotation of new games coming in every 3-4 weeks. Therefore, East Bay City Rumble can’t provide a solid list of tournament games until the day of the event.

Just curious what the current lineup that is there now and which ones you know are coming to the other room?

#468 10 years ago

Is there really going to be a Transporter the Rescue? If so that is awesome. I am hoping that isn't a typo or something.

#481 10 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

It's a 150+ mile round trip and I don't have a truck, so it's a little bit of an investment for me if I actually went through with picking it up.

Haha I know the feeling. Once I am there and checking out a pin with a truck, there's a good chance I am bringing it home.

1 week later
    #567 10 years ago

Here is my badge, it is a screen grab from pinside website. I printed it out on a piece of paper and told the printer to make it 3"x5". Then I stuck it into one of those plastic badge holders from a trade show. I wore it to Cal Extreme for 2 days but I think maybe only 1 person noticed.

pinside-spybryon.JPGpinside-spybryon.JPG
    #568 10 years ago

Actually I told the printer to make it 2" x 3" I think. Hey, those pinside points sure have inflated a lot, I am a pinball millionaire now

1 month later
    #721 10 years ago

Anyone interested in buying my Firepower II ?

#746 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Hi,
    just a little reminder that I'm selling my Baywatch in south bay. If anyone is interested, pm me. I will send all the details of the job I've done on the pinball and we can discuss on the price.
    Also after meeting phishrace I'm considering joining BAPA. How to proceed and how can I know more about the association ?
    Thanks

Leo13, welcome. This should explain how to join BAPA:

http://bayareapinball.org/info.html

We are just finishing up the season and about to have the playoffs the first week of December. Keep checking the google calendar or add it to your own calendar to see when next season should start. Also join the yahoo group to get the group emails where a lot of discussions take place.

Calendar is on the main page http://bayareapinball.org/index.html

1 month later
    #908 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, you're killin' me man. I gotta get through Christmas and New Year first. I do have 2 Spirits at my house for the show now.
    Steve

Cool you got another one?

2 weeks later
    #1029 10 years ago

Anyone get the Earthshaker from the tarp guy? I noticed a new ad today but not mentioning it. I am curious about the condition.

3 weeks later
    #1214 10 years ago

I plan to swap the playfield on my BSD this coming Friday. I have a spare populated playfield that is better than the one in the game. I am going to try to strengthen the cabinet when the playfield is out, by re-gluing the plywood. The bottom board is a bit loose on one side.

Anyone have any tips on this, especially if you have done it before?

I think I may need to acquire some ratcheting straps to tighten up the cab, perhaps someone local could let me borrow some? It's unclear if I need just any regular ratcheting straps, or I need to get the special ones which have some 90degree brackets built in. I can pickup a set somewhere local too, any suggestions?

#1215 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

I have not participated in the tournament scene, but had the impression that much of the resurgence of pinball in this area has been due in part to the multitude of fun, well run tournaments Johnny has put on.
    The humor and point-of-view in so many of his posts has been great fun too. He will be sorely missed.

Agree 100%

This is a huge loss for local SF Bay Area pinball.

#1247 10 years ago

I got my playfield out of BSD, and re-glued the cabinet. I ended up not using any ratcheting straps. Clamps are holding it tight over the weekend, I hope this works! The middle strap is holding up the backbox only, not really tight on the cabinet itself.

Playfield will be swapped next week sometime. I probably should have taken pictures of the connectors in the backbox, before pulling the playfield, there was a ton of them.

IMG_20140131_165533.jpgIMG_20140131_165533.jpg IMG_20140131_165444.jpgIMG_20140131_165444.jpg
    #1249 10 years ago

LOL, I am not redecalling this cabinet but it sure could use it. The plan is to simply swap the old playfield out and replace with another populated playfield next week. The playfield going back in is better because the ramps are in much better condition. The other advantage is the playfield I pulled out had minor planking in the art and the one going back in does not.

The downside is the playfield going back in has a problem with one of the mist optos which I need to fix.

1 week later
    #1353 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

Will get pics for anyone who is interested or better yet, come by my place in Oakland have a beer, put on your 80's shades and turn up the heat! (you can play Shadow as well). PM me if interested - otherwise will be up on CL soon!

Wait! You can't sell this till I play it atleast once

2 months later
    #1660 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

You know you're welcome at Pizza Depot Gene. I'll also offer to be around to fix anything that breaks too.
    I was fortunate enough to compete in Gene's first tourney (as director) a couple of weeks ago. He did an awesome job. It was weird seeing him without a camera in his hand, but we got used to it. Thanks again Gene.
    Edit:

Just because a couple weeks ago didn't award points don't mean it wasn't a real tourney. There was money on the line. By my count, this will be your second. d

I heard Gene's first tournament was pretty awesome.

#1665 9 years ago

Anyone happen to have the DVD that comes with Treasure cove polishing kit? I have the kit but not the DVD instructions. If so, could I borrow the DVD or is it posted online somewhere?

3 years later
    #4649 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That's beautiful. If I were you I'd frame it and keep it.

why not put it in a game instead?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spybryon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=Spybryon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.