(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4977 5 years ago

My basement gameroom project has begun. It's off to a scary start though. House is being held up by 4x4's as they continue excavation...

IMG_1024 (resized).jpgIMG_1024 (resized).jpg
    #4979 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Your're excacating to make a basement? I love it! What was there b4? Just a crawlspace?

Yes. Fortunately the house is on posts and not a slab.

There will be a bar room addition on the side of the house and a gameroom basement underneath the bar and under part of the house.

Yes, only in California.
    Yes I'm married. She's awesome.
    Yes, it's expensive... and yet it was easy to justify when compared with moving nearby.

9 months later
    #5393 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It's very pricey. Basically the cost of 2 Sterns.

Two old Sterns. Or nearly the same price as a new LE Stern...

2 months later
    #5513 4 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

Try Menlo Atherton Glass Company. I've ordered several sheets of standard tempered glass and wide body Glass for my Roadshow. Reasonable prices and quick turn around time, usually in a day!
    Address: 243 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025
    Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 8AM Monday
    Phone: (650) 322-1116

What does a new sheet of glass cost? For anyone looking for glass, I suspect you can buy extra sheets from neighbors who replaced with invisiglass.
    I've got a bunch.

8 months later
    #5803 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

Saw cl ad for used pf glass in the east bay
    (Probably someone on here)
    Wish I saw it earlier drove right by

If you need some glass, I still have 6-8 sheets in Morgan Hill. A few have scratches, but most are nice.
    $20ea, take your pick.

#5807 4 years ago
    Quoted from 2Fun:

I have an EBD that needs new glass. Mine is pretty scratched up.

$20 and you can take your pick. Or bring over some tacos.

1 month later
    #5830 4 years ago

PINSIDER WARNING!! Don't buy from jamesbon1 (Adam Numark, 415-xxx-7964, Novato area)

Somehow he has good reputation here, but he sold me a routed Wonka LE as HUO immediately after picking it up from Ayce gogi arcade. Playfield is chipped around front posts, Invisiglass is missing , and game has somewhere between 10-12k plays on it. Ouch.

More details...
    He contacted me over text because I missed out on a prior Wonka LE he was selling the week before (described as "Like new out of box and very clean, home use only condition. Minimal home use only/very low plays. No playfield issue or any issues."). He was very aware that HUO and condition matters... I asked him about HUO precisely because it's a short-form way to assess condition of a <1 yr old, expensive game.

He was going to deliver ~8pm but this turned into ~10:30 and after unloading the game in my driveway, with the pandemic, I told him he could leave. Shame on me for accepting his word and the game without close inspection... but it's a JJP, 9mos old, HUO, and he had good rep here!!

I gave him 2 full weeks and a dozen chances to do the right thing. I contacted him the very next morning about misrepresentation of the game (you can see # of games played in logs and the LE# in social media pics @ Ayce for godsake !!!). I asked him to take it back and re-sell to someone else. I offered to pay for his gas and a rental fee depending on when he could come get it. Then he blocked my phone. He did send me a message on pinside saying I got a great deal, game plays fine (it does), but he couldn't afford to re-sell. And he offered me $150 to stuff it and not leave bad feedback for him. His wife Zita sells games on facebook as well. I've been told at least one of the purchased HUO games somehow had earned over $2000...

Anyway, if you choose to deal with him, good luck.

IMG_2963_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2963_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2996_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2996_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2999_sm (resized).jpgIMG_2999_sm (resized).jpg
    #5832 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I would also make a general pinside thread with this info. Someone may buy a game from him and have it shipped and not check the NorCal threads. Put his user name and real name in the thread title. This has been done many times in the past and has chased users off this site.

I'm working with Robin to ensure my negative feedback is re-instated in his profile. That should be enough.
    At this point, I want to avoid spamming people since I previously made the mistake of posting this in the California for-sale (wrong) thread.

#5835 4 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I've seen their games on FB, and for the most part prices seem OK. But I've never seriously requested more info on a game. Thank you for the heads up.

People toss around "HUO" or "could've been HUO" all the time when talking about clean, older games. And most of us generally filter that because it can't be verified. But with very new games, mostly going into homes and where it's generally possible to confirm, this is a first for me. And he did it to someone else as well.

2 months later
    #5946 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

because he has zero repair skills. I have worked on a few gottliebs in the past and I have zero desire to work on them in the future. he is free to do what he wants. the other pin he was asking about is waterworld. I will not encourage him to buy two pins that will be anchors if he ever decides to sell. at least with taxi and t2, there is interest in them.

Those are good points Bill. But Bally Williams games have reached an age where they tend to involve regular repairs (and additional expense) as well. By the time I'm happy with the state of my 90's games, I could have afforded newer reliable (used) games from Chicago Pinball or even Stern... I love many of the 90's games but just wanted to throw that out there for a newbie who is more interested in playing than fixing.

1 week later
    #5978 3 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

The dude selling this pins is an absolute joker! He has a few ads out there, at least one of them claims its home use only and all of them claim that its a factory prototype. Well... I had it on location twice myself and the drop targets were added later. Not a factory prototype.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

Thanks for the heads up

7 months later
    #6696 3 years ago
    Quoted from holminone:

Any of you local pinsiders have quality first hand experience with the new GNR where you are also a big fan of dialed in? If so, which do you prefer? I hear great things about GNR but I’m in minority where I think dialed in is really really great. Question is should I part with the lawlor classic DI to cash in on a GNR?

I think Wonka and DI are similar but GNR is entirely different. DI is a GREAT game and GNR is even better IMHO. Is there another game you can swap instead? Looking at your collection, it might be time to make a bit more space and start saving $.

2 months later
    #6805 2 years ago

SUBJECT: Pinside feedback/profile is no longer a reputation system - beware of @Adambon1

Pinside feedback is only a count of POSITIVE feedback. We'll need to use this forum to note bad actors.
    I noticed pinside ops deleted negative feedback on liar-flipper @adambon1 (Adam Numark/Petaluma). Turns out, Robin removed all negative feedback from pinside - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/negative-recommendations-feature-removed#post-6249574

Adambon1 is flipping a lot of stuff lately so be sure to take the standard advice -- don't trust 'profile' feedback here, don't assume seller is honest or truthful, fully inspect before giving any money. He ripped me off of $1200 and various other pinsiders have shared similar bad-flipper stories with me. f that guy. Buyer beware.

My prior bent-over experience: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/178#post-5571351

1 month later
    #6882 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Do anyone have experience with these? I have yet to contact them, I wanted to see if anyone have used them in the past.
    It's the first time I see their ad on craigslist.
    https://pinballpanic.com/

Yep, I've known Devin for years. He's a great guy and helps a bunch of us in the south bay area with our pins...

He's repaired something on most of my games at this point. I handle most basic repairs but he's got a knack for mechanical fixes and electronics debug. A few weeks ago he shopped and repaired my RFM. He applied 3 sets of inner-cabinet decals for me this past weekend.

He's done full, down-to-the bolts restorations of my White Water and Firepower. Both required playfield swaps and substantial cabinet work. He's also swapped playfields on my EBD and Flash Gordon. His attention to detail and painting skills are top notch. He's my pinball whisperer.

7 months later
    #7268 2 years ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

You could always sell
    Me your Flash Gordon to
    Make room

No way - I've got dibs! It plays as well as it looks -- Kudos to Devin @ https://pinballpanic.com/

1 month later
    #7390 2 years ago
    Quoted from Llabnip1972:

The city is still beautiful and I never have an issue when I'm up there but that just me. Maybe I just have good karma...

You do have good karma. You care about others.

1 year later
    #8041 8 months ago

Never thought I'd sell my favorite game... Only 100 plays.
    I hate to let it go. I'm going to miss it.
    $125k or trade for a used Bugatti (w/ <1000 miles please)

IMG_2933 (resized).jpgIMG_2933 (resized).jpg

Comes with wax seal intact!

wax-47578993_2296162973735619_81757610172219392_o (resized).jpgwax-47578993_2296162973735619_81757610172219392_o (resized).jpg
    #8046 8 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Well to be fair, it is a 125k JJPOTC.. buyer may need some extra time at an ATM.

I'm willing to wait.

two-dollars-better-off-dead (resized).pngtwo-dollars-better-off-dead (resized).png
    3 months later
    #8190 4 months ago
    Quoted from Norcalpin:

Have you seen this one? Not sure if that's inexpensive or not.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

I'd want to test EVERYTHING since it's not HUO and his pricing reflects perfect/new condition. Wiping down the playfield does not instill confidence in proper maintenance.

2 months later
    #8237 73 days ago
    Quoted from silverbearss:

Hey Everyone,
    our new shop located in San Jose, CA.
    [quoted image]

What part of San Jose?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=Reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.