Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,372 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1184 10 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

However, I would prefer that you not make jokes about "perving" on my players. Although it may seem funny to you, it is very much not funny to many women, since dealing with creepy behavior from random men is an unavoidable and near-constant reality for any woman playing pinball in public. Already, I have been contacted by three people who planned to attend telling me that they don't want to go anymore because they're worried about men showing up and harassing them.

I have to agree with jonnyo. It was a joke, just like the flyer's use of "sausage fest" and "byo boobs." Talk about a double standard.

You can't possibly believe that pinsiders rely on jonny's instructions to determine if it's okay to be a pervert at your tournament, do you?

How many feminists does it take to change a lightbulb? One! And what's so funny about it?!

#1189 10 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

There isn't anything to "agree with" or not - there are no sides here, only a simple request to speak about pinball events and players who attend to them in a respectful way. The way I see it, if you love pinball and want to see the hobby expand, there's no room to tolerate behavior that keeps a sizable portion of the population away.

How is making references to breasts (boobs) and penises (sausage fest) in your flyer a very respectful way to speak about a pinball event?

You have a double standard. Nobody seriously advocated bad behavior, and nobody here claimed to tolerate it.

#1241 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ilthuain:

I thought Echa responded in a very respectful and constructive manner.

Albeit a hypocritical one.

The most respectful response would have been private, since she said she knew it was a joke.

Making a public admonishment is a somewhat aggressive approach.

#1244 10 years ago
    Quoted from micro:

I think this discussion is worth having, and the publicity to it is important.

Fair enough. I agree with this. And I think the discussion overall has been positive.

2 months later
    #1609 9 years ago

Speaking of CL.... does anybody know the local price police officer who keeps spewing mindless stupidity? If he's a pinsider, I doubt he'd want his identity known. Maybe he just doesn't know how dumb his posts are.

His one-man crusade is tiresome and not good for CL. If he's not interested in a specific transaction, it's more mature to just ignore it.

His latest anonymous work pasted below:

Once again for you two little Pricks hahahaha remenber me????, Sold 500.00
    LOOOOOOOSSERS

So envokling my 1st Admentment RIGHTS again against ASSHOLES like you, like the spewlling?,
    I guess spelling means something to a crack heads with no teeth?
    Wining Basment dwellers, Winers, but you can't afford Cheese?
    Get out of Momma's Basement
    They give Velveta away in the Ghetto, so go get it, then you can save your pennies for a PINBALL MACHINE
    And it's NOT ok for you people to waste others time on CL with assinine lowball offers???,,, when the add clearly states Price is FIRM!!!!!!
    My add offends?, but that doesn't???
    See you at Pin A Go Go,,,,,,,,,,Do you have a bus ticket and entry fee?

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

1 month later
    #1714 9 years ago

11 months later
    #2958 8 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

find a nice congo, restore it replace all the rails, lockdown, coindoor, legs.. add 2 ocd boards, restore the PF and clear coat it. then clear the cabinet and then let me know what that cost ya.

...I'd say probably more than you can sell it for.

But you never know if you don't ask. Game looks awesome. Good luck.

5 months later
    #3487 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is there any GOT in the bay area or anyone know of any coming soon to a route?

Phoenix Games in Concord will be getting GOT Premium.

5 months later
    #3922 7 years ago

Did anyone notice the CL ad for a multi family garage sale in Brentwood/Antioch yesterday?

sfbay.craigslist.org link

They listed 2 pinball machines, a 24 and Theater of Magic. I contacted the CL ad last night and was told both of the games were tentatively sold before the sale even started today.

Coincidentally, these exact two games were posted on Pinside Market by a seller in Walnut Creek claiming to have owned both of these games for 5 years. The new seller claims they have been in a spare bedroom, but the CL ad shows them side by side in a garage.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33678

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33679

This is one heck of a coincidence.

00T0T_5fdd2gTHykX_600x450_(resized).jpg00T0T_5fdd2gTHykX_600x450_(resized).jpg
    00L0L_fdiuFkuRpvG_600x450_(resized).jpg00L0L_fdiuFkuRpvG_600x450_(resized).jpg

#3951 7 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

Looking to see if I can acquire a nice White Water before mother's day for my wife. Any one have one they are looking to sell in Nor Cal?

There is currently a Wh2o on CL.

11 months later
    #4479 7 years ago

Does anybody who upgraded to a color display for their LOTR or TSPP want to sell their old working DMD?

Looking for a used display for a Stern Whitestar game.

PM me if you have one available. I could also trade a clean working B/W DMD if you need one of those.

9 months later
    #4811 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pball:

New DI LE on craigslist in the Bay area:

It's the same game here on pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57676

1 week later
    #4831 6 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

Greetings.
    Looking for someone to take on a high end restoration that is beyond my skillset. I have a players condition Fathom. I also have a CPR gold Fathom PF that is on its way back from a long vacation at Ron Kruzman's house. I am also picking up a New Cabinet that is already painted and stenciled. So the majority of the work is going to be cleaning up all the existing hardware, boards, and wiring and moving it to the New PF and New Cab. One of the main things I am concerned with is the handling of the new PF, so having experience with cleared playfields is going to be a must for this candidate.
    Ideally this person is in the SF bay area, but willing to travel south if the deal is right.
    let me know if you are this person or know this person.
    Thanks!

There is also an ad posted on SFBay CL today by someone local to you, advertising restorations and pf swaps. I recall reading that some pinsiders vouched for him, although I can't find that thread.

I don't know this person. Just saw the ad. Maybe someone who knows him can chime in.

1 month later
    #4902 6 years ago

Who here actually thinks we don't also read the California For Sale thread?

2 years later
    #5974 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

I've seen this guys pins in Chris's shop, Chris does the work then this dude (or his son I guess) claims to have put 100's of hours into his pins and ALWAYS claims HUO. Chris told me the guy has no clue how to work on pins, I wouldn't touch anything this guy is selling with a 10 ft pole.
    B

The ad was removed too quickly - it's not posted anymore.

I got the original price, and the flipper price. But what was the game? And who was the seller?

I don't think Tennler takes his games to Chris.

#6013 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

don't want to start desoldering chips on the board. Leaving that to the experts.

It's all about having the right tools. Get a Hakko desoldering gun . It will make you an instant expert in cleanly removing components without damaging traces.

The real skill is knowing which components to replace. (Pinside can help out there) . For equal or less than the cost to pay others, get a tool you can re-use. You'd be surprised how easily they work.

You're gonna spend it anyway, why not get something that will save you in the future?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKSLLG9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MCBdFb0XM7REE

#6017 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballguy:

Here is a better photo for you guys to chew on.
    Don't forget to tell all your friend to check out https://pinballpickers.com[quoted image]

I see on your website you still show the WPT you bought from me which you immediately posted for sale for thousands more.

It's funny because you didn't even bother to reset the scores when you posted the pics. Pretty lazy move

My first name is still clearly visible on the DMD high score in one of the pictures of the game.

- Mitch
    21 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #6082 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

For those of us in Northern California, particularly the East Bay, our good friend Larry Kaye passed away.
    Larry was a great guy, gentle soul, just a nice person. He shopped out a lot of our machines here and will be greatly missed.
    RIP Larry...

Wow that's shocking and sad to hear. Larry was a very nice, skilled and honest guy.

9 months later
    #6795 2 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Is that the one that was just purchased out of the flipper room a couple days ago? The high score initials give it away. Unless you know another DPD...

DPD is such a cheater.

20210425_192024 (resized).jpg20210425_192024 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #6946 2 years ago

Considering parting with my Surf Champ. Extremely nice game. Recently shopped. Plays fast and strong.

Interested in Joker Poker.

1 week later
    #6955 2 years ago
    Quoted from 8bitrobo:

Free. Skee ball poker amusement game, not really sure what to call it. Used to bring it out for parties, but just don't have the room anymore. Legs fold into the cabinet.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like it could be a great drinking game.

1 month later
    #7054 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

The masking requirement will keep a lot of people away

Yes. A lot of people would also keep away if nobody was masked.

Unvaccinated people are inadvertently prolonging the masking requirement

2 weeks later
    #7086 2 years ago

Some lucky buyer can get Humpty Dumpty for only $1200.

Might need a fuse to get it working.

Humpty 2 (resized).jpegHumpty 2 (resized).jpeg
    6 months later
    #7464 2 years ago

Anybody have a spare set of Stern legs taking up space that they'd like to sell?

3 months later
    #7611 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I haven't....I have an LE so was just curious, and to be honest I didnt realize they were on two different systems

I'm also not aware of any difference in the code. Even the shaker code is in the regular edition. Shaker is easily added.

Try this Easter egg on your LE. (This code is on the regular edition. )

6L
    1R
    9L
    1R
    6L
    1R
    9L
    1R

You will hear Balrog roar. Then when you bash Balrog, it will display the face of Gary Stern.

4 months later
    #7776 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

I’m looking for. Big Buck Hunter pro pinball. I will travel to get one.

Bay area CL. Posted two days ago.

2 months later
    #7871 1 year ago
    Quoted from eb94114:

Is anyone here selling the Godzilla Premium that is listed on CL?

If you're referring to the GZ premium posted on CL yesterday for $11995, it is from a local seller named John Tennler. His pics always show a game on a laminate wood floor. His phone number is also listed.

He's a known flipper. You can search for his name in this thread and read about him.

5 months later
    #8028 8 months ago
    Quoted from djsoup:

Interested in finding a local Batman 66, LE or Catwoman Edition. Will consider Prem. If you have one to sell or open to trade let me know. Thanks!

Great game. Good luck in the search!

#8042 8 months ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Never thought I'd sell my favorite game... Only 100 plays.
    I hate to let it go. I'm going to miss it.
    $125k or trade for a used Bugatti (w/ <1000 miles please)
    [quoted image]
    Comes with wax seal intact!
    [quoted image]

Lol. It's really so sad when you have to list these things.

#8063 8 months ago
    Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

How many machines is enough in general?
    When do you say stop. 2 machines, 3 machines? Bay Area houses are not big, I'm actually surprised to see people owning 5+ machines in their home. For me I would stop at 2 and rotate them as needed.

The correct number of machines is n+1, where n is the absolute maximum number of machines that will fit in your space.

2 months later
    #8149 5 months ago

Anyone have a Rollergames to sell?

4 weeks later
    #8173 4 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

Doug’s kits are the best. I have them in all my pins!

Yes they are just as good as Myth.

You can't go wrong with either.

#8174 4 months ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

The Myth Pinball light kits having the corners rounded off is also an obvious sign of their light kits. These things are not as noticeable if someone is using one of their design frames (as they cover up the issue by blocking the light strips on all 4 sides), but without a design mounted, it's easy to see the difference.

Not sure what you are talking about regarding rounded corners.

I have owned both types. They are the same. No rounded corners with the Myth speakers on my game.

20231120_090050 (resized).jpg20231120_090050 (resized).jpg

#8176 4 months ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

It's not as noticeable in your JP picture. I'm not sure if the use of the plastic canvas is correcting it a bit by filling in the corners with light or what. Though, if you can't see that those top outer coroners on each side aren't lit (because of the rounding that I described), I think it's time to go see the eye doctor.

Sorry. Myth is the same, you both offer a quality product.

The only difference is Myth isn't constantly posting negative comments to disparage your product.

That's just something special you do.

#8178 4 months ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

You shouldn’t copy other people’s shit either. I’m pretty sure Doug is the OG on speaker lights. He’s also very helpful and appreciated.

No, you shouldn't copy, but Myth offered something a little different. Myth provided better service. Just being first doesn't mean better. There are other metrics.

Before Myth, an order from Doug could take 5 or 6 months. And his website had such attitude to excoriate anyone who contacted him to ask the status while waiting.

Competition improved Doug's service. Prior, we had no choice but to accept his terms. Pinsiders jokingly posted references comparing him to the soup nazi.

Myth offered a choice to avoid the months long wait. They showed an appreciation toward the customer that was missing before. With competition, the OG service improved and everyone benefited.

We can still support whomever we want, but it's really counterintuitive to think competition is bad and we shouldn't have choices.

Remember when Stern was the only one making pinball machines? Competition forced them to improve their game (literally).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.