(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbub.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6497 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If not allowed please delete post. Wanted to give you guys a heads up. If anyone is looking for a new place with a BIG game room for your pins my place is going up for sale. 2 large homes on 1 lot. Nice neighborhood. Each house has 3 bedroom and 2k sq ft living space. Back house has attached and climate controlled 650 st ft game room that will fit 20 pins! Live in back house and rent front house for $3k+ per mo. It has been very comfortable and affordable for us, but we can't stay due to relocation. Hitting market on Tues 1/12.
    https://maxebrdi.paragonrels.com/CollabLink/?id=1bce11d7-c2cc-4fee-9575-7fa8c0dc7951 .

That looks awesome!

3 weeks later
    #6598 3 years ago

I'm looking for a blown out Comet playfield to hardtop. Populated, partially or unpopulated. Thanks,Erik

#6617 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Oh, I may have this...I'll check later today.

That would be great. Let me know. I'm down for a road trip to pick it up.

1 month later
    #6740 3 years ago

Are any of the "big three" considering making it?

3 months later
    #6923 2 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Any takers at FREE?

I'd like it. I'm in Modesto. Message sent.

1 month later
    #6984 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I brought a pile of legs that were at best offer for the whole lot. Never had anyone even ask

I'm going to be looking for Gottlieb EM legs. I was on a motorcycle at TFR!

#6993 2 years ago

Is there anyone in NorCal I can pay to do backglass touch up? I've given up on finding a backglass for Top Score and would like pay someone to work on it. I'd rather not ship it. I'd be open to someone in the bay area or NorCal. I can bring it to pin a gogo or CAX.

#6994 2 years ago

Dup. Doh!

2 weeks later
    #7011 2 years ago

I'm looking for EM repair in Modesto. I can transport the game for repair or have someone come out. It's a Top Score with the score motor continuously running.

#7017 2 years ago

I'm looking for a Gottlieb wedge head. Anybody have one they're ready to part with? Projects are ok.

1 week later
    #7042 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zee:

Who's the Fremont guy with the warehouse off Warm Springs? I helped a friend pick up his CFTBL there once.

My new best friend as soon as he's outted!

8 months later
    #7537 1 year ago

When i was shorted a back door on a deal a few months ago everyone piled on and told me to quit bitching and suck it up. I was informed by several people here that you shouldn't expect everything in a deal to be included in the deal. I hope you get the apron, that's total bullshit.

#7542 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

should he throat punch the MFer ?

Absolutely not. The throat punches are reserved for the people who tell him to just get over it! Try to keep up!

#7546 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

ok having a little fun with it,all done carry on.
    [quoted image]

At least you have a good sense of humor! I admit I get pissy sometimes. I was having a particularly bad day....

#7551 1 year ago

I pulled a bone head manuever and I'm looking for board repair. Specifically for my Williams Comet.

The back story is that I had a lot of board repair in August 2020 by a reputable pin repair guy. He replaced caps, added nvram, got GI working again etc. At the same time I did a lot of other maintenance/work.the game was playing great. I have the game at my son's house due to space issues. Long story short the solenoid fuse was over amped. Now I have no solenoids except flippers and no scoring when I hit rabbits, ducks etc.

With gas being what it is I'm looking at $400-500 to have it repaired because my usual pin guy needs the whole machine to diagnose the problem. I'm looking at $200 just in gas, plus the PITA of moving the whole machine. Does anyone know anybody who can bench test and repair boards? In Cali would be ideal but I can ship anywhere.

Thanks in advance, Erik

#7555 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

You gotta go to the pirate, if your in nor cal and not using Chris, you must be insane. Watched him repair a trashed pinbot board last night he did everything from memory, just amazing to watch him work.
    Truly the best tech in the country, probably the world.
    Why would you go to anyone else?
    B

I gotta keep a roof over our heads as well. My best pin repair guy told me Chris is the man and he fixes twice as fast as my pin fixer dude, but my pin fixer dude is great and bullet proofed my BK2K I got from him. He's well known but has been busy. My (now) pin fixer dude says he needs the whole machine. My first pin fixer guy said maybe Eric Neff. I kinda know him as bought a pin from him.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm mulling over my options. Keep em coming.

#7561 1 year ago

Ill hit him up and see what he says. Still happy with my first pin fixer dude. He's an organizer for GSPF if that gives you a clue. He's always gone above and beyond even though he traveled to me. I like my current pin fixer dude as well, id just rather not transport the whole machine.

#7564 1 year ago

I just messaged Chris. I'll see what he says. Thanks guys!

#7566 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

I agree that Eric is a good dude too, definitely not bashing Eric in any way. All the GSPF guys are golden in my book.

Totally get it. The Nor Cal guys have been great. I bought a meteor parts machine from Eric, was a great experience!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinbub.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=Pinbub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.