Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PaulCoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#792 10 years ago

I was at the pacific pinball museum over the week and they announced a new membership price for a full year of admission. It costs $100.00 for unlimited access for one full year. I don't know how long the offer will last. Still no WOZ at the museum, but so many other rare machines. Great place to unwind. Hope this information helps anyone who plans on stopping in for the holidays.

2 weeks later
    #924 10 years ago

WOZ and MET side by side at Thalassa in Berkeley... Played both on Christmas Eve. What a good time.

#941 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I am only surprised around here when NES is not the high score!

Agree... and I've gone to some "dive bars" w/ NES floating on the high score board

1 week later
    #985 10 years ago

Is that the CC from Pacifica, CA? Where the "Lady" had extra plastic guns and sold it about less then 2 yrs ago?

#1001 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

When I was on the hunt for a CC I thought about PMing Caligirl, but the account hadn't been on the site in over a year. Judging by her profile she may be back.

That might be her. She lived up a flight of stairs and had a clean CC w/ extras. I think her lin-up was CC, STEp1, ES, and somthing else. She wanted a RS when I was talking with her at her place. I'm sure she sold the CC b/c I tried to counter offer, but she said it was sold. I was too late or too short.
    SUPER nice girl and I wish her the best.

#1067 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Can you actually buy anything for less than that? I thought my place was about as small as place as you can reasonably live in and it was over that. I guess SF is a bit more skewed... But I do have room for a pin in my third-floor walkup - doh!

When my girlfriend was living in Nob hill (around 8 mnths ago) I spotted an ADD in Craigs List of some guy wanted to start an arcade party w/ expensive Scotch. It turned out he had a place in Nob hill w/ a great view of the city and a bunch of Arcade games. Don't know if the guy ever ended up having parties? I think he wanted to charge 100 bucks per person, but you could drink scotch and play arcade games all night w/ a view of the city. Never checked it out because I was putting that money into taking my girl to big foot lodge, tunnel top, Buddha bar, kozy kar and Zeki's. I thought this arcade might have been something from Bonkers (483 Pine St, which I still see a sign in the window when I drive by) in the financial dist., but it wasn't. Did anyone ever check this out and see how this dude had an arcade in Nob hill or was it the "Tender Nob"?

1 year later
    #2603 9 years ago

Deliver the pin next week. This should be cool.

"For Immediate Release
    Pacificpinball.org

*BEEwTY OF BEER*
    Art Show Opening
    Feb. 13th from 6pm to midnite
    $15 includes pinball
    Bizarre Beer Ads,
    Beer Sculptures and Beer Jingles
    from the last Century.
    Free Flipper Snacks
    Beer and Soft drinks on sale.
    COME EARLY AND PLAY
    At the PACIFIC PINBALL MUSEUM
    1510 Webster St., Alameda, CA

Play pinball, drink beer and view the most insane collection of beer memorabilia ever!

Collectors: Dan Fontes, Larry Freeman, Helmut and DeAnna Jordt, Mac McDonald: "Berkeley Mac", Ken Harootunian, Elliott Kendall, Larry Zartarian, and the Pacific Pinball Museum collection with donor Doug Wong. Poster by Kristi Holohan of Rock Paper Scissors.

Have a beer and watch rotating clown sculptures, spinning chimps and a carnival ride of beer cans before there were pop tops! Beer memorabilia collectors from California have banded together to bring you this most bizarre collection of advertising, including jingles and DVD's of TV commercials."

4 months later
    #3035 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mycal:

Ghost Town Gallery, Oakland 5pm-?

Is that a membership place or can I just walk in? I think I know location.

4 months later
    #3485 8 years ago

Is there any GOT in the bay area or anyone know of any coming soon to a route?

3 weeks later
    #3546 8 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Hi all. need a few local resources to check out my down CV. newer to the hobby and learning tons but time is tight & I need to get it running b4 holidays. can someone throw out names or PM me plz. appreciate the help

http://www.pinballpirate.com/

3 weeks later
    #3616 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

not sure about getting from the train station to the museum. Taxi cab? Bus? Walk? What do you local guys suggest? Also, is there anywhere near the museum good to eat?

Uber. Nation hamburgers or East Ocean Seafood Restaurant (never fail)

#3646 8 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Some are odd or strange but I have many more ...... unfortunately

Any stories regarding that old arcade in SF called "Bonkers" (483 Pine St San Francisco). That place being upstairs in the finical district is a trip to spot from the street.

1 month later
    #3750 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Regarding that $700 T2 on SF Bay Area Craigslist

Was the Cat included?

sfbay.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
    #3826 8 years ago

Get well Pinball Brother Spencer!

Your the only one that knows how many days are left till pin a go go! I was thinking about a instruction card for pinball hogs that spend too much time on a game at the show.
    Couldn't find a good picture of a pig, but this pic bellow might keep people watching behind them when they decide to use 4 credits for a one player game.IMG_4428_(resized).jpgIMG_4428_(resized).jpg

#3827 8 years ago

Rest and get better soon.

1 month later
    #3891 8 years ago

Any JJP Hobbits in the Bay Area? Please post. thanks

#3894 8 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

JJP Hobbit on location @ Radio Bar in Oakland - 435 13th St. 4pm-2am daily.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

There's a hobbit in the front (pay to play) area at the pinball museum in alameda as well

Thanks...Any in SF?

1 year later
    #4768 6 years ago

SF is getting some interesting hype and locations with arcade/pinball. Check it out. http://emporiumsf.com/

4 months later
    #4936 6 years ago

Any Iron Maiden locations in Northern California yet?

7 months later
    #5222 5 years ago

Lawrence Hall of Science in Berkeley with free play pinball. Awesome set up.
    Have you ever looked at the LHS from the top of grizzly peak and noticed the building resembles Star Trek Enterprise? Check it out.
    3D2CEADF-AE1B-4CF5-A354-FBA0962F20F5.jpeg3D2CEADF-AE1B-4CF5-A354-FBA0962F20F5.jpeg01CB077D-7AE0-44D5-872C-240FA0DA1433.jpeg01CB077D-7AE0-44D5-872C-240FA0DA1433.jpeg

5 months later
    #5444 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pball:

Does anyone know Peter Laugesen? I’m asking because I just went back through my old Craigslist emails and outside of one machine he’s emailed me through craigslist for every machine I’ve ever posted and never replied even after I’ve taken specific pictures he’s requested on a few.
    I’m just wondering if he’s actually into pinball, or maybe a scammer looking for pictures to use.

I’ve met him. I think he’s from Denmark? He’s legit and very particular regarding machines.

4 years later
    #8227 3 months ago

+1 on the Fox.
    He’s GREAT!!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PaulCoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=PaulCoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.