Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2623 9 years ago

Hey guys. Two reasons for posting. First, I was curious if anyone else in the Bay Area is planning on getting an MMR. I put a deposit on one and can't wait to get mine, hopefully in the next month or two. If anybody's curious about it, I could probably have a little pinball party or something at my place once it's setup for anyone who would like to check it out.

Secondly, if anyone is looking(or knows someone who might be) for a really nice LOTR(2003), I'm looking to sell mine. I'm asking $5k for it and no trades, sorry.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Cheers!

1 week later
    #2650 9 years ago

Hey folks, I'm thinking I may soon be in the need of the services of someone more knowledgeable in pinball repair than myself. Looking for someone close to the East Bay area(Richmond) with reasonable rates and experience working on modern Sterns.

Having an issue with my Star Trek Pro that I posted about here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-stern-star-trek-autolaunches-ball

I *think* the problem may be located in the trough but can't be sure. A few times now when I've turned the game on, it instantly goes into ball search mode.

I may just want to have someone come out though because I've had another weird issue with one of the LED flashers that may be go back to the main board. I've just been living with that one, but it would be nice to have it checked out.

Thanks!

#2656 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I wish I had more experience with Sterns since I live right next door to you in El Cerrito, but sadly I have never worked on newer machines. Have you done any repair work or are you completely new to it? It sounds like an issue with your ball trough just off the top of my head and guessing.
    I live so close by though I would be happy to come over and try and help you out. At the very least I can play a game of LOTR.
    If you really want to hire someone, Chris Kuntz the pinball pirate is highly reccomended by everyone.

Oh wow, cool that you live so close by. I'm right over in the Marina Bay community.

I've done a bit of tinkering and have managed to solve a few issues so far. Fixed a sticky upper flipper by replacing the back plate on the coil stop or whatever.

I'd be happy to have you over to check it and to certainly play my lotr while I still have it.

I'm at a live show that's about to start so I'll hit you up with my contact info later. I'll extend the invitation to anyone else in the area who maybe just wants to hang out and talk pins or check out my modded ST Pro.

#2660 9 years ago

Sounds good, hit me up. What show are you at?

Went and saw Craig Ferguson (former Late, Late Show Host) who's on tour doing stand up right now. He's hilarious.

Anyway, sent you a PM.

#2662 9 years ago

Fixed my Star Trek issue. Went under the hood today and removed the metal cover over the trough to have a look. To my surprise there was a big fat post rubber lodged in there. Must have been there for a long time too because I replaced most of them with Superbands quite awhile ago and one must have rolled down there without me realizing it. All this time it's been in there causing me headaches. I didn't see it because it was black and blended in, but if I had just pulled the cover off...

3 weeks later
    #2764 9 years ago

Somebody please tell me that pinball is better than the movie, haha!

#2775 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Good news for us Placer county folks, Century Blue Oaks in Rocklin has added a Stern Star Trek!
    20150320_180346.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Be sure to tell them toupdate it to the new code(v1.61) that was just released the other day if they haven't done so already. Lots of great changes.

2 weeks later
    #2849 9 years ago

Ooh, will have to try and check that out. Want to try WD and CP.

#2851 9 years ago

Hey Pete! I will definitely do that. Gonna see if I can get my buddy to come with too. He's the one who actually got me started in all this.

Man that space looks so empty without that lotr now. The MMR can't get here soon enough!

5 months later
    #3303 8 years ago

Calling all Bay Area Pinheads!

I just got a call from the shipping company that my Medieval Madness Remake is scheduled for delivery tomorrow between 10am-2pm! While awesome news, it is quite unexpected and unprepared for. I thought I would have a bit more heads-up to enlist some help to offload it, get it in my place, and set it up.

Unfortunately, all the folks who I had lined up to help me out are either tied up tomorrow or inconveniently(for me) out of town. I could try to reschedule for next week, but my work week is pretty full and I really don't know if I can take any time off right now.

So I figured I would try here to see if anybody might be interested in helping a fellow Pinsider out for a few hours while we wait the arrival of my new MMR. Once we get it off the truck and onto my cart, it's an easy shot to my condo via an easy access elevator to the second floor, straight in and through to the back, no stairs or obstacles. Then it's just setting up as usual. I just don't want to risk having no help from the single driver and trying to navigate the thing all by myself.

I can't offer much other than a chance to see and play a brand new MMR, plus a very nice ST:Pro while your at it.

I'm located in Richmond, down by the marina off i-580>Marina Bay Pkwy. if you know where that area is.

Please PM me asap if you are able to help, otherwise I'll have to call to try and arrange another delivery time.

I welcome as many as want to come out(within reason), but keep in mind that I actually still have to work tomorrow. Normally I'm due in at 2:30p in the city, so depending on when the delivery actually gets here if this happens, there may not be too much time to hang around and play. I may be able to fudge this a bit, but I will have to see what I can get away with. Hopefully the earlier the delivery the better.

#3305 8 years ago

No worries. So far no other hits. I know short notice is hard and people may not be reading the forums much right now. Think I'm just gonna have to call and reschedule before it gets to late in the day.

Edit: OK just rescheduled for Monday same time. Should be OK on help but I'll leave the invitation open. Don't have to work that day either.

#3307 8 years ago

I am off at 1:30 on monday, could be at your place around 2pm. could help for a couple of hours before picking up my kid at preschool.

PM sent

#3329 8 years ago

^Nice choice, you'll love it! I've got a heavily modded Pro and I don't plan on selling it anytime soon(if ever ).

#3336 8 years ago

Thanks Steve! Again, it was great having you over and helping me setup my new MMR.

#3339 8 years ago

You're going to have to have me back over, I only got to play one game! And I meant it when you and your buddy should come by sometime and play my pins.

Definitely! I didn't think I would have a couple of monster games there , but yeah next time no work, just play.

BTW, just got home from work and had another great game and put up a new GC score. Also completed a Royal Madness for the first time in that game. What a rush!

IMG_1375.jpgIMG_1375.jpg

2 months later
    #3519 8 years ago

GL Jay! That would be way out of my comfort zone too. How bad is your ToM now?

7 months later
    #4078 7 years ago

Vividly remember the '89 quake, although we ourselves didn't suffer any damage over in the North Bay(Marin), although some did. I remember hearing the first radio reports about the BB collapse and they made it out to sound like the whole thing fell into the Bay. When the power finally came back on and watching the rescue attempts at the Cypress structure and battling the Marina fires all evening and night through the aftershocks was brutal. When the earthquake actually hit, I just happened to be sitting in a rocking chair and started wondering why the lamp and world around me suddenly started rocking along with me. True story.

Anyway, I'll be attending CAX this weekend as well. Will be only my second time and can't wait!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=PWhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.