Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,345 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    10 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    20240215_220821 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mycal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#423 10 years ago

Pinball Pirate Fundraiser Tournament

Saturday 10/19/13
    Where: Pinball Pirate 3195 Park Road, Suite D, Benicia, CA 94510
    When: Registration/Warm-up: 11AM, Tournament Starts at Noon Sharp
    Cost: Main Tournament: $20

Format: Double Elimination Match play (best 2/3) using Brackelope!
    Side Tournament: High Score on one machine $2 a try (this will start around 1pm)

Full WPPR’s awarded

50% of Prize pool will be paid out to top 3 finishers, the other 50% will be donated to POP

http://pinballoutreach.org/2013/09/pinball-pirate-fundraiser-tournament/

#445 10 years ago

Wish I could make it to Hi-Life Pizza tomorrow but I have league games to play. Good luck!

#472 10 years ago

Is anyone interested in The Shadow for $2200 in Fairfield. The cabinet doesnt look like a 9 to me but if it plays well its a good deal. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the guys #. sfbay.craigslist.org link

#511 10 years ago

Hey Keith! Good to see you on here. Mike B from CCPL and SPG.

#543 10 years ago

Sunday, free meters sounds good to me but I'd also make it to a Saturday daytime event. It'd be great to meet some more Pinside locals.

#590 10 years ago

Saturday, Nov 9th is OK with me. Thank you for organizing this Steve.

#613 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

There is a possibility of some very exciting stuff at the PPM meet up, I need to keep quiet about it until it is ironed out but you won't want to miss it! I will keep you all posted.

I heard a rumor about hookers, blow and a bouncy house...

#624 10 years ago

G' morning...Did anyone make it to the Pinball Pirate Fundraiser Tournament in Benicia yesterday?

http://pinballoutreach.org/2013/09/pinball-pirate-fundraiser-tournament/

#630 10 years ago

Cool, glad to hear it. How'd you do? Hope to make it down to Oakland to one of your events soon. Thanks for your blog too. I heard over $500 donated to POP. Also heard that Tom Collins from Napa took 2nd overall. Some new local guy from St Louis took first and is highly ranked nationally. I'm very new to competition but enjoy league nights.

#650 10 years ago

Sat pm bump

Did anyone see the F-14 on Sac CL for $1400? I'm not in the market for a new pin but still feel compelled to look sometimes lol.

sacramento.craigslist.org link

#655 10 years ago
    Quoted from borstalshark:

Well it's Saturday night and due to circumstances I'd rather not get into here, I'm stuck at home. I've only got one pin but if any Vacaville pinheads want to hang out and play some T2, the garage is open for business. PM me for info...

Hey, thanks for the invite, wish it was earlier. Kids & wife are already in bed. Sliding out would be difficult. I bet you have a record game tonight, enjoy. Maybe another time.

3 weeks later
    #740 10 years ago

Great news, courtesy of Jonny O's cool blog: http://pinballbayarea.com/2013/11/18/pacific-pinball-museum-may-have-new-home/

The Pacific Pinball Museum may have a really cool new home. An ornate Carnegie Library from 1902 that will triple the # of pins on display. "PPM needs to raise some $3.5 million in the next two years in order to make "the Smithsonian of Pinball" in Alameda a reality." I'm down for helping out with future fund raising!

#770 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello NorCal pinheads... I wanted to see if anyone here is getting STLE?
    I was in on it, but for a handful of reasons got out. I'm very interested to see/play the game in the near future.
    Thanks Kerry

Hi Kerry - I'm Mike who purchased your STTNG this summer. I'll be receiving a STLE soon. JJ says I may not make the cut for his first shipment this week but definitely the following week. Perhaps you can stop by for a few games on your way to Tahoe.

2 weeks later
    #838 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Chris Kuntz. Pinball Pirate. Best there is.

I agree but the travel cost to San Jose from Benicia will be expensive.

#860 10 years ago

I agree the STLE is a blast! Unboxed last night

image-835.jpgimage-835.jpg
    #863 10 years ago

I look forward to checking out Pheonix Games in the near future too. I heard that you just have to ask nicely for them to open the back room. I'll probably also name drop some league members that I know. I believe that they're their games in the rotation.

2 months later
    #1380 10 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Late notice get together....I plan on hanging at my place this afternoon/evening to get some pin time. If anyone can make it over your are welcome to come by. PM me if interested.

Dammit, just saw your post. Thanks for the invite, sorry I missed it.

2 months later
    #1652 9 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Wow 5100 for an AC/DC prem in norcal.What a great deal.Hope someone in Sacto landed this

I put in a bid yesterday but quickly bowed out. Received an email this morning from the seller stating that it will be put up again. "It looks like the buyer got confused and didnt know I was based out of Redding CA so im re posting a second chance offer on the AC DC Pin if your still interested in the machine." Strange because the listing was for Sacramento.

Those pictures do look remarkably similar, hmmm curious.

#1655 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Although in the ad it does say its at his warehouse in redding ca. Ill have to contact him and go see what he has.
    I just sent him a message on ebay asking to look at the game and any other machines he has for sale.

Cool, please let me know what the deal is and if anything else is available. He doesn't have anything else listed. I was hoping to score a local deal. Would have to be a really great price for me to drive 5 hrs round trip.

1 month later
    #1775 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Anyone know who this is posting on craigslist? Seen a couple posts by them asking people to get together and play pinball around town or in peoples homes. I like the idea but the fact that almost EVERY word is misspelled makes me hesitate to send them an email.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    Text copied and pasted in case it disappears:
    "looking for people who live in the east bay who r interested in getting together once a month or every other month for residential pinball play,it would b nice to find other people wit games who would b willing to participate, let me know whats on ur mind thanks for ur tymn...j.r"

I'm betting that this guy "jaime," who is selling a Taxi, is the person who posted about the get togethers. His grammar & spelling are slightly better in this listing but location is the same and they were posted at the same time.

sfbay.craigslist.org link
    "looking for a taxi,come play this one.....its still in nice shape plays great, no hurry to sell .still love this one alot cash or trade for a cyclone,earth shaker,elvira &t.p.m,or a wirlwind cash up or down depending on machine, thanks for looking jaime... let me know what your thinking and dont waste my time no bulls---t thanks again happy pinballing hear jus wanna a different game"

11 months later
    #2962 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I got the look today from my wife.
    The neighbor kid was over playing with my boys.
    He is here most every day.
    I asked the boys if their friend wanted to play pinball.
    They answered no, we are going to play on the wii.
    I asked the neighbor kid, are you feverish?
    My wife gave me the look.
    The neighbor kid made the I don't know face and went off to play wii.
    What's wrong with the youth of today?
    I would have given anything to have a pinball machine to play as a kid.

I had a close friend in middle school who's Dad had 3 EM games around the house in the '80s. I had already been playing since I was 5yo. Fortunate to reside near 2 NJ boardwalks, both with multiple arcades and my Dad sharing his skills and enthusiasm. We'd spend summer nights and rainy days playing for hours.

Of course I'd always want to play whenever hanging out there. Other friends would join in and have we'd have competition but my buddy was seldom into it despite having one his bedroom. I never understood it and always thought of the sitcom Silver Spoons whenever he wasn't in the mood to play. Of course now that I've owned pins as an adult, I understand not wanting all of the time.

That kid should have jumped at the opportunity, in my opinion. My boys 5 & 2yo both play with me. I doubt it but hope their enthusiasm endures.

#2981 8 years ago
    Quoted from jpc211245:

Hi,
    I live in Elk Grove and am new to pinball. I would like to meet others who are pinball players to maybe learn some of the tricks of the trade. Do you all meet as a group or have any running meetings/tournaments? If you are willing to take a newby I'd be interested.
    As I said I am new and my skill level really reflects that but I try to play whenever I can. I have an ACDC that I have been playing for a few months.
    Thanks
    jpc2112

I'd suggest contacting these guys. A good group of people that have regular league meetings and tournaments. Take a look and enjoy.

http://powertothepinball.com

3 weeks later
    #3032 8 years ago

// Error: Image 420223 not found //

Play the new Kiss pinball, compete in a tournament and live music by Kiss cover band "Creatures of the Night."

Saturday 6/27 @ Ghost Town Gallery, Oakland 5pm-?
    All Ages

1 year later
    #4193 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

waiting to hear back from JJP

I might be interested in 3, if the price is decent.

2 months later
    #4284 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Who's going to bring a B66LE to PAGG??

Wouldn't expect one to show at PAGG but I believe that CoinOp in Sac will have one.

1 month later
    #4384 7 years ago

Hey,

A friend of mine reached out to me because he knows I'm into pinball. His Menlo Park, startup client wants to add a pinball machine to their game room. They would need it to be delivered and set up by 3/9. Their budget is $5k.

I don't think they'd be able to get a NIB delivered by then and would still need it setup. If anyone has any nice machines please let me know. He's asked me to find out what titles are available.

Thanks,
    Mike

7 months later
    #4682 6 years ago

Damn Harley, I'm so sorry to read this too! So sorry for you loss.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mycal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=Mycal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.