Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamboo27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#351 10 years ago

I love playing pinball at the rohnert park Scandia was the software on Metallica updated to v 1.2 and when I talked to the tech they said they were getting WOZ soon

2 years later
    #3277 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

KISS and TWD fans will be able to play new code this Saturday at Fanny Anns Saloon.

I will be down there this Saturday see you there

Alex L CCPL

#3280 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

Got TWD updated to v1.41, and Met. to v1.64. No luck with KISS....I updated before to 1.03 with same memory stick, but pin wouldn't see info in stick this time. I was able to get GC on TWD with 106m, probably wont last long, right Alex?
    Steven

yep scored 141 mil on TWD I figured kiss had that problem with the usb stick updating thanks for keeping the games there in tip top shape

1 month later
    #3432 8 years ago

Who maintains the games now at Woodstock Pizza in Davis I just now noticed they've added some new pins DH, NF, NASCAR, and RFM
    They used to have a junked Simpsons Pinball Party vended by California Coin last time I was down there

#3435 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

I think its Loren. He also put a nice WH20 at Dad's Kitchen in Sacramento

Wow I'll have to check that out soon I just added those games to the Sacramento pinball map earlier today the reason why I ask is that could be a potential league spot for the Capital Corridor Pinball League

1 week later
    #3473 8 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

As much as I like scandia and a great job TJ has done! Fanny Anns in Sac has better pins and they are dialed in. Like playing nib collector quality pins.

Sborel says the trick to keep all the playfields clean is to put a small fan in the bottom of the playfield once the cabinet is cleaned up

Alex L
    CCPL

#3475 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

eh? what fan do?

If you've ever gone to one of Sborel's locations which is playrite pinball btw, you'll notice the playfields are really clean, they stay that way because he installed a fan on the bottom underneath the playfield to keep the games from getting dirty you first have to clean the bottom too, otherwise it will just blow dust around but a small little fan from Wal Mart or so will do the trick the playfields there have never gotten dirty. Alex L CCPL

#3477 8 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

His games are clean & dialed . I was at Fannie Anne's about a month ago and was definitely impressed with his games . I'd like to see his fan setup.

Yeah they totally are I play in the capital corridor pinball league ccpl and we have a league night there every other tuesday.

2 weeks later
    #3503 8 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

I've been at CCPL-west
    Someplace you clowns never go to anymore eh?
    I am going to try to make your fundraiser later in the month.

I go to Fanny Ann's often too I played there last season.
    Alex L CCPL

#3504 8 years ago

Anybody in the Sac Area heard of 5 Alarm Pinball they got games at Woodstock Pizza in Davis and at Dad's kitchen they're maintenance is great I was just down at Woodstock's today

#3511 8 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Loren from Vacaville is 5 Alarm. He's a Captain in the VFD. Great guy, always a big help at PAGG and a host for the Solano Pinball League. I'm sure he'll chime in, once he see's your post.

Thats great I was just down there yesterday and played a nice Dirty Harry which is hard to find on route now a days.

Alex L
    CCPL

#3512 8 years ago
    Quoted from ntstlgl1970:

Went there last night - played for 4 hours. Sucks that my car club meeting is the same schedule as CCPL (every other tuesday) until January. Until then, will be playing Lodi.
    I'm finally starting to get comfortable on TWD, that game istotal brutal.jpg .......

TWD is a brutal game when I played it at first. Played it a couple more times and I really started enjoying I play this pin the most whenever I'm a fanny anns still haven't gotten the flow of Kiss yet but TWD I've mastered

4 weeks later
    #3604 8 years ago
    Quoted from ntstlgl1970:

GOT is on location at Coin Op Sacramento - it's the pro version.

I feel like there should be a launch party

#3631 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I went to coin op today and played got pro.
    Over all its pretty cool. Some of the shots are tight.
    The light show is cool. Over all it seems to be fun.
    I tried to play woz. The gi is out. All of the upper playfield lights out including inserts.
    Really coin op? If you want me to continue to spend my money there you need to seriously get you act together and actually maintain your games. I'm really happy to give my money to the good ops here that take care of their games. Ie: fanny Ann's.
    the op there actually cares and does a great job of maintaining the games. He will continue to get my money.

I went there today and played GOT I feel the same way about you I put up a 1.7 bil score on it. Maintenance is definitely a hit or miss here in my opinion too according to Jabbles180 I played tspp and the upper right couch flipper was a bit weak then it was about 3 weeks ago. Overall I think Joe does a great job of keeping the games there up and running. He has a lot to take care of and he told me that he had a brand new playfield coming in for WOZ soon when I last talked to him 3 weeks ago

#3670 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

well that sucks. there is still the one at sun splash. I hope you get one soon.

Yes there is one at Golfland and it is not well maintained at all for a new game weak flippers playfield is filthy and has old code so no medals the only plus about it is that the replay is pretty low

Alex L CCPL

#3672 8 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

He did get a brand new populated playfield. That WoZ gave him every single problem in the book from lifted inserts, multiple sets of light boards & broken mini-pf more times than he could count. I'm sure he just hasn't found time to put the new one in yet.

Yes, he is constantly telling me OP horror stories that I just can't believe. The things drunk idiots do to machines are mind blowing. Everything from breaking brand new light guns in half, to stealing the balls off all the joysticks, to putting dimes & nickels into the coin mechs. That is only the tip of the iceberg with all the mundane b.s. problems he deals with on a daily basis.

I totally understand where you're coming from but they are two very different locations. Coin-op has over 50 games & ~14 pinballs? The sheer amount of extra maintenance required (especially with the amount of foot traffic they get) is astronomical. Regardless though, I am just happy to have more location play around Sacramento! Flip on!

Yeah Joe has told me those stories too they are a bunch of drunk heads that think its funny to steal the basketballs out of super shot to holding the flippers up on the pinball machines while the women have long conversations with the flipper being held up he recently put a note middle of the playfield apron saying PLEASE DO NOT HOLD THE FLIPPERS if you do that he told me you will burn the flipper coil and blow out 10k resistor on the I/O board which causes the flippers to be weak that happened once on his TSPP.

#3673 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

That's what I thought. I have not been there since last summer. spiderman was in bad shape then. I figured Star Trek would end up the same way.

From what I heard they are Selling Spider man not sure if thats true or not though its at the back of the arcade now

#3675 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

It's with great sadness that I must announce that the Blue Oaks Theater in Roseville (Highway 65 and Blue Oaks Blvd) has removed their only pinball machine, Star Trek (Pro).
    Sigh, some one trade me one, pretty please...

I just removed it off the pinball map if I recall that had the latest code on it didn't it ?

Alex L CCPL

1 week later
    #3683 8 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

To those who care to know...Five days ago there was a post on here by pinboy (which has since been removed) that stated there is a Medieval Madness at Woodstocks Pizza in Davis.
    Today, I stopped by Woodstocks Pizza and there was no Medieval Madness on site and I also spoke directly with the Manager, who I know personally because I am the one who operates the current line up at Woodstocks Pizza (No Fear, Nascar, DH & RFM). The Manager said there has never been a Medieval Madness on site. I am posting this to let anyone know who may take a special trip to Woodstocks Pizza in Davis to put some time on a Medieval Madness to not waste a trip.
    Not sure why it was ever posted in this forum in the first place....

Sorry for the misunderstanding I deleted that post and I was there Wed to play pinball there and also spoke to an employee there and said that there was not one on site I apologize for what I did I know some pinsiders will have some beef with me when I go to play in the Folsom CCPL league night tomorrow.

8 months later
    #4127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

FYI- Rohnert park Scandia has GB pro and Hobbit if interested. Good selection. Worth the trip.

Went there yesterday has a terrific stern line up

8 months later
    #4528 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

AS premium will be at Fanny Anns Saloon very soon.....plan now is rotate out TWD. Its been there since 2014.

Good plan can't wait to play it there

Alex CCPL

10 months later
    #4946 6 years ago

That place has a terrific Stern Line up + The Hobbit as well

4 months later
    #5103 5 years ago

5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins & Pints Party in Vacaville
    Hard to believe we have been doing this 5 years. We will be hosting our 5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins & Pints event at the house on October 6th.
    All Pinheads are welcome, we just ask that you RSVP ahead of time so we can plan on how much food we need to purchase. We plan on having Mexican food this year from our local meat market (street taco style). We will have appetizers/chips/salsa/dips etc. Come on over for a laid back day of playing pins, relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball and a good beer or two. Good food, good beer and good pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, as every year, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name beer for all to enjoy during the event and have a great time.
    The event will start at 2:00pm and last until ??
    If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.
    Loren & Yvette

I plan on being there Loren,

looking forward to a great time.

Alex

#5104 5 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins & Pints Party in Vacaville
    Hard to believe we have been doing this 5 years. We will be hosting our 5th Annual Oktoberfest Pins & Pints event at the house on October 6th.
    All Pinheads are welcome, we just ask that you RSVP ahead of time so we can plan on how much food we need to purchase. We plan on having Mexican food this year from our local meat market (street taco style). We will have appetizers/chips/salsa/dips etc. Come on over for a laid back day of playing pins, relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball and a good beer or two. Good food, good beer and good pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, as every year, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name beer for all to enjoy during the event and have a great time.
    The event will start at 2:00pm and last until ??
    Loren & Yvette

I plan to be there Loren. Thanks so much for throwing an awesome Oktoberfest pin party.

Alex

5 months later
    #5333 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Who else is getting excited about GSPF?!
    I'm extra excited this year. Kind of been on lockdown lately due to new baby, but told wife no way I'm missing this show. I will see you all Sat & Sun.

I look forward to seeing you at GSPF

Alex CCPL aka AWL

3 months later
    #5476 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

*Next* Saturday, our usual Second Saturdays gathering in happening in cow-town Tracy, 1pm - 9pm. The crowd that shows up is half pinheads, and half casual players. PM if you're interested; my only ask will be that if you're having pizza, fill out the RSVP link I send you so I can size the pizza order correctly.
    Latest games: BK:SOR, JJPOTC, ACNC.

Had a great time at your event last Saturday thanks for letting me come !!!

Alex AWL CCPL

1 month later
    #5552 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Sierra Cinema in Grass Valley should be getting theirs in soon.

Let me know when it comes in, I really want to play one badly,

Alex

1 year later
    #6297 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Who let Gorf back on Pinside?

‍♂️

#6298 3 years ago

Darn emojis don’t show on pinside

2 years later
    #8108 7 months ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Oktoberfest Pins & Pints is back for 2023
    All Pinball folks are welcome, we just ask that you RSVP ahead of time so we can plan on how much food we need to purchase. We will have plenty of Mexican food, street taco style, (Chicken, Pastor & Asada) which was a hit with prior Oktoberfest parties. We will have rice/beans/chips/salsa/dips etc. Come on over for a laid back day of playing pins, relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball and have a good beer or two. Good food, good beer and good pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, as every year, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name beer for all to enjoy during the event and eat a bunch of free food.
    The event will start October 7th at 2:00pm and last until ??? when you want to leave.
    Loren & Yvette

Sweet I'll be there ,

Alex

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamboo27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread?tu=Lamboo27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.