(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 168.
    #4851 6 years ago

Curious how that could be a mistake. I suppose it's conceivable but c'mon - there is no way on earth if I am making a website to showcase my work that someone else's work ends up on my site.

#4852 6 years ago

Basements rock for sure. I have a HOA and have thought of putting in a underground bunker arcade in my backyard since building on top is forbidden.

#4853 6 years ago

Stranger things have ended up on CL...

#4854 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Curious how that could be a mistake. I suppose it's conceivable but c'mon - there is no way on earth if I am making a website to showcase my work that someone else's work ends up on my site.

He didn’t make a site. He uploaded a picture to CL. Heck, he could have done it from his phone from the camera roll and just picked something he saved for reference... I dunno.

#4855 6 years ago

BTW, if anyone here in NorCal (Sacramento area) is in need of Creature parts, I have some extra used but not necessarily used up stuff I'm looking to sell/trade/whatever:

Full ramps set. Some breaks but actually not bad, could be better than what you have if you're not springing for new ones. Bowl too.

Lagoon window. One busted tab, labels kinda dicey, but would polish up nice.

Pinbits halogen hologram light. New. Game came with 2 extras. Not sure why!

Pinbits pop bumper flasher kit. New. Ended up going with GI lit pops.

Pinbits Green Mirror. Installed, tried, removed. If you're the kind of guy who likes green light, you'll dig it.

Hit me up if any of this might help you!

#4856 6 years ago

If he took the picture down than I would say that's a good person for sure. Maybe he thought it would be innocent but you don't have to try so hard in this industry. I could fix pins all the time but I'm slow so always turn down work or refer to someone making a living at this. Always surprised at the lack of help for this.

#4857 6 years ago

I enjoy doing my own games. I wonder how I would feel doing others. I guess when I make a mistake during a swap I have to learn to live with it. When doing work for others, it’s often a high bar that you impose and mistakes feel worse.

But the though of retiring from tech and working on games all day does sound like fun

#4858 6 years ago

When someone is paying the expectations go through the roof and understable. I too dream of leaving the rat race for pinball, but it comes with it's own problems. I enjoy keeping my games up and that's enough as well. I'm always learning and that is fun. Hats off to those who do a service to the world. I'm just glad to be independent of hiring someone for my own games. You put a lot of good help out on forums and I try as well.

#4859 6 years ago

Hay BenLogan.nice to see you guys here last week!! That Flipper room party looks like fun!! maybe I;ll catch you there in future!!

#4860 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend a tech in the bay area who is good with EM machines? My sister's surfer wont reset, and I am not there to troubleshoot it.

#4861 6 years ago

Pinball Pirate (Chris) is the guy.

#4862 6 years ago

Selling My Dialed In LE

Machine - For Sale
    Dialed In LE Archived
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Dialed In LE 2017 TWIPY award winner in the following (6 out of 10) categories: Game Of The Year Best Animations and Display Best Toys and Gimmicks Best Theme Integration Bes...”
    2018-04-23
    San Jose, CA
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 2911 times

#4863 6 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Pinball Pirate (Chris) is the guy.

Also recommend-

#4864 6 years ago

If anyone is looking for a nice Future Spa, let me know.

#4865 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

There is also an ad posted on SFBay CL today by someone local to you, advertising restorations and pf swaps. I recall reading that some pinsiders vouched for him, although I can't find that thread.
    I don't know this person. Just saw the ad. Maybe someone who knows him can chime in.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

Put away the pitchforks guys...Larry is legit and that BOP in the ad is the one he did for me. Full 2.0 Kit, including cabinet decals, clear coated PF swap, bunch of trick LED strips for the GI and ramp, etc. everything on it was brand new down the the ground wire.
    He should actually post more of that restore

#4866 6 years ago

Anyone happen to have a System 6 "compatible" backbox for sale? It can be in rough shape, as long as it is generally not on the verge of collapse. I need a new one for Gorgar.

#4867 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone happen to have a System 6 "compatible" backbox for sale? It can be in rough shape, as long as it is generally not on the verge of collapse. I need a new one for Gorgar.

I have one. Currently have wrong one in my Gorgar lol. But I have a correct replacement, may be the incentive I need to finally swap them. PM me if interested

#4868 6 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

Greetings.
    Looking for someone to take on a high end restoration that is beyond my skillset. I have a players condition Fathom. I also have a CPR gold Fathom PF that is on its way back from a long vacation at Ron Kruzman's house. I am also picking up a New Cabinet that is already painted and stenciled. So the majority of the work is going to be cleaning up all the existing hardware, boards, and wiring and moving it to the New PF and New Cab. One of the main things I am concerned with is the handling of the new PF, so having experience with cleared playfields is going to be a must for this candidate.
    Ideally this person is in the SF bay area, but willing to travel south if the deal is right.
    let me know if you are this person or know this person.
    Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies, I had both of the mentioned people on my radar. There are pro/cons to everyone so its going to take a bit to thought. I am just trying to find the right balance of quality of work and cost.

#4869 6 years ago

Week, since the last request worked out, does anyone happen to have a working System 6 mpu and/or driver board available?
    I've also got a populated Gulfstream playfield up for grabs. Make an offer/trade.

#4870 6 years ago

Selling GnR $5000
    Hayburners 2 $800

Thanks!

BobC

#4871 6 years ago

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “What I have: A less than 1 year old GB Premium with a tagged LE playfield that's signed by John Trudeau Build Date Jan 27, 2017 Delivered to my non smoking/super clean home gameroo...”
    2018-02-05
    Livermore, CA
    7,000 (OBO)
    Archived after: 11 days
    Viewed: 431 times
    Contributed to Pinside

What do you have for trade??

#4874 6 years ago

Guns and Roses sale is pending

#4875 6 years ago

GnR sold to Adam

#4876 6 years ago

Did someone here happen to get that free Torch that was sitting on a curb in San Francisco?

#4877 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Did someone here happen to get that free Torch that was sitting on a curb in San Francisco?

Yep Shon picked it up! (He's the OP with most of the machines at FGW, Brewcade, etc.)

#4878 6 years ago

BUMP

Still for sale -Hayburners 2 $800

Thanks!

BobC

#4879 6 years ago

hey guys, again trying to help my pal Dave out at https://twitter.com/pinddown.

Anyone in the Hayward interested in starting a league? He's really looking for some help to get some traction going.

Dave 510-432-1509
    [email protected]

#4880 6 years ago
    Quoted from mann0mann:

Anyone in the Hayward interested in starting a league?

I'm not in Hayward, but I might be interested in a league. I'm in San Ramon. I'll go check out his place sometime soon.

#4881 6 years ago

OT: FS fighting arcade game

I'm selling a "cocktail style" tabletop side-by-side 2 player mini arcade with 119 fighting games such as Street Fighter. Used twice.

I paid $535 shipped, asking $350

Thanks!

BobC

#4882 6 years ago

Attention Nor Cal Pinheads! The second season of the "CSL - Concord Selfie League" has begun. This is a two location league, The Flipper Room AND Phoenix Games-Concord. Qualifying will be during both February and March, with playoffs being held Saturday April 7 at Phoenix Games-Concord.

For all the info, please visit www.theflipperroom.com

#4883 6 years ago

Got a really good friend in Vacaville, looking to sell his MMR. He's not on pinside. Thought I'd mention it here for him.

Medieval Madness LE. Black trim, #824/1000. Upgraded Kicker speakers. Comes with Cliffys/Pinbits protectors (purchased but uninstalled). Approx 300 plays. Color DMD (and regular rom). Single Owner - purchased direct, warranty registered, all paperwork present.

He would love to sell this quick and without much fuss. If anyone is interested, drop me a pm and I'll play matchmaker.

IMAG0495 (resized).jpgIMAG0495 (resized).jpg

#4886 6 years ago

Looking to sell my Spider-man Home Edition to make some room.

Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “First owner, purchased new. Have not had any issues with game, plays great. $3,000, pick up in Folsom, CA near Sacramento.”
    2018-02-19
    Folsom, CA
    Archived after: 6 days
    Viewed: 420 times

#4887 6 years ago

Also up for sale, my very nice Abra ca Dabra!

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Abra Ca Dabra Archived
    Partially shopped/refurbished - “Very nice Abra Ca Dabra. Plays great, has LEDs for GI and incandescents for inserts. Excellent playfield and excellent backglass. Comes with new plastic set. $1500, pick up in Fol...”
    2018-02-19
    Folsom, CA
    Archived after: 10 days
    Viewed: 361 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#4888 6 years ago

It'll reach out and grab ya!

#4889 6 years ago

Both excellent games

#4890 6 years ago

WTB: Pool table lamp

It doesn't need to work, but looking for the fluorescent tube style.

#4891 6 years ago

Avoid the $3800 Champion Pub and $6000 Batman 66 on Craigslist. Fake ads. Probably e-mail farming.

#4892 6 years ago

Huge sale on Dialed In LE's
    Come get em while they are hot!
    Very limited supply. When they are gone, they are gone.
    Don't miss this opportunity. Price dropped on every used Dialed-In LE in stock.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-dialed-in-le-5

#4893 6 years ago

For sale
    Mini-arcade 108-in-1 2 person fighter $350

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60744

Thanks!

BobC

#4894 6 years ago

Wanted to Trade
    I would like to trade my Full Throttle + $$$ for your Batman 66 any version ($$$ vary with BM66 model)

#4895 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Avoid the $3800 Champion Pub and $6000 Batman 66 on Craigslist. Fake ads. Probably e-mail farming.

Thanks for the heads up

#4896 6 years ago

I went to the event at the Flipper Room last night.
    It's definitely a place you want to check out.

BobC

#4897 6 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

I went to the event at the Flipper Room last night.
    It's definitely a place you want to check out.

Seconded. Mike always throws a good party, even if I don't get to camp out on my favorites.

#4898 6 years ago

Looking to sell my Ghostbusters premium or trade for a Batman or Dialed in. Pristine condition. Some cool mods

#4899 6 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Looking to sell my Ghostbusters premium or trade for a Batman or Dialed in. Pristine condition. Some cool mods

Data East Batman?

#4900 6 years ago

New at the Flipper Room, Wednesday will be my Star Trek Premium and Congo!

Bob C

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.