(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 168.
    #4801 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Buddy of mine is looking for a pinbot, BOP (or both). Will consider any condition (from project, players to restored). Let me know. Preference is for norcal but willing to drive if condition and/or price is right.
    Cheers!

Hope this helps orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#4802 6 years ago

Played a walking dead prem the other day for thI fist time. Man what a great game! I’m hooked, now I need to find one

#4803 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

Hope this helps orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Thanks for the link!

#4804 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Played a walking dead prem the other day for thI fist time. Man what a great game! I’m hooked, now I need to find one

Yes! My favorite pin. Challenging ruleset, great lighting, great audio, great DMD. Just love it!
    Junky

#4805 6 years ago

Yup the code in that game is stellar!

#4806 6 years ago

We are visiting the bay area for a while. Does anyone have a spare, nice condition Gottlieb Card Whiz or Royal Flush playfield?

1 week later
    #4807 6 years ago

Looking for a Bally Who Dunnit, locally.

Robert

#4808 6 years ago

New to pinball, long time NorCal resident. We're taking the plunge on DI LE for our first pin. Looks like it can't be bought locally, but just in case....

#4809 6 years ago

New DI LE on craigslist in the Bay area:

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#4810 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pball:

Ugggh. Of course the day after I order.

It's ok. My order is in, NIB. Got a very good deal. So happy to have it on route. Now I need to figure out the rest of the game room.

#4811 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pball:

It's the same game here on pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57676

#4812 6 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Ugggh. Of course the day after I order.
    It's ok. My order is in, NIB. Got a very good deal. So happy to have it on route. Now I need to figure out the rest of the game room.

Congrats! Hopefully you and your family enjoy it. Likely you'll be making room for more soon.

#4813 6 years ago

Lol, I feel like an idiot! I’ve bought a couple games from Ptownpin. He takes very good care of his games.

#4815 6 years ago

REALLY nice Tommy for sale. Asking $3200. Plays great. Currently on location at Phoenix Games in Concord. Was purchased out of a home about 3-4 months ago and looked HUO. No proof, but unbelievably clean. Has had some hundreds of plays since then on coin drop. Pics speak for themselves. Belongs to store owner. I am selling it for him. Asking $3200. Trades considered. Lots of sharp pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x5bswiqp65dco6m/AAAVJalvw1SLcD3J6psk7VSAa?dl=0

1/17 UPDATE - TOMMY IS PENDING SALE

#4816 6 years ago

Sorcerer Grand Lizard Genesis and Silverball Mania for sale.

May Trade all pins for one newer Sterns like Gardians of the Galexey Aerosmith Star Wars or

Complete lot for $5500

medford.craigslist.org link

I prefer to sale these in one lot but I keep getting asked to separate so because of this some of my prices maybe inflated.

Sorcerer and Grand Lizard $3000
    Silverball and Genesis $2500

Silverball Mania $1300
    Genesis $1450
    Grand lizard $1550
    Sorcerer $2000

AEA898F1-6E7E-4631-B098-32E78CC9AE75 (resized).jpegAEA898F1-6E7E-4631-B098-32E78CC9AE75 (resized).jpeg

#4817 6 years ago

Hay,folks,on Jan.21st we here at Redding are having our first tournament at a place called "The Dip" on California st.here in Redding! Put on by SKL arcades,just sanctioned by Stern!! Hope to see you guys !! For more info contact DrWilly!! Good time will be had by all!!C U there! Sign up at 3P.M. first round starts at 4!!

#4818 6 years ago

I've seen this game in person, it is in minty shape. Buy with confidence.

#4819 6 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

New to pinball, long time NorCal resident. We're taking the plunge on DI LE for our first pin. Looks like it can't be bought locally, but just in case....

You’re gonna love it. I want one too. On another note, I fly RC Heli’s also. Great hobbies!

#4820 6 years ago

Anyone making a trip up to the bay area from the Fresno area with space for a cab in the near future?

#4821 6 years ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

You’re gonna love it. I want one too. On another note, I fly RC Heli’s also. Great hobbies!

Nice! I occasionally make my way to the Livermore Electrons.

#4822 6 years ago

Anyone have a Ghostbusters Premium they are interested in parting with?

#4823 6 years ago
    Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Anyone have a Ghostbusters Premium they are interested in parting with?

Post that here as well:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/125

#4824 6 years ago

Still have a nice SMVE available. Color dmd cliffys and a flipper LED strip.

#4825 6 years ago

Putting up my Street Fighter II for sale.

Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling my clean Street Fighter II. New alt. translite, new upper playfield, new subway ramps, LEDs. See pics for exact condition. Asking $1500, game is located in Folsom, CA.”
    2018-01-21
    Folsom, CA
    Archived after: 1 day
    Viewed: 236 times

#4826 6 years ago

Sorcerer sold
    Grand Lizard sold

Still available;
    Genesis $1450
    Silverball Mania $1300

#4827 6 years ago

Package deal $2,000 for both
    Genesis and Silverball

B8C9853F-F91D-49CF-B2A2-960133D40EC7 (resized).jpegB8C9853F-F91D-49CF-B2A2-960133D40EC7 (resized).jpeg

351ED5A3-C4B1-4E4C-ACA1-0CC9730EA0B8 (resized).jpeg351ED5A3-C4B1-4E4C-ACA1-0CC9730EA0B8 (resized).jpeg

#4828 6 years ago

Hey all you Nor Cal Pinhead's... The Flipper Room is having another event on February 24th. We are welcoming Total Nuclear Annihilation to our lineup and have a special guest appearance by Underground Pinball's public debut of 'Green Out', a cannabis themed game. They are also bringing an unfinished white wood game just for fun.

We will have 20+ pins on coin play.
    $10 buys you unlimited Craft brew.
    NorCal Pinball will be live streaming

Bottom line... it's going to be a party! Hope to see you there.

For those that can't make it, just tune in to the live stream with Sean and D. at twitch.tv/norcalpinball

TNA-Green Out Party- Alt Version copy (resized).jpgTNA-Green Out Party- Alt Version copy (resized).jpg

#4829 6 years ago

Greetings.

Looking for someone to take on a high end restoration that is beyond my skillset. I have a players condition Fathom. I also have a CPR gold Fathom PF that is on its way back from a long vacation at Ron Kruzman's house. I am also picking up a New Cabinet that is already painted and stenciled. So the majority of the work is going to be cleaning up all the existing hardware, boards, and wiring and moving it to the New PF and New Cab. One of the main things I am concerned with is the handling of the new PF, so having experience with cleared playfields is going to be a must for this candidate.

Ideally this person is in the SF bay area, but willing to travel south if the deal is right.

let me know if you are this person or know this person.

Thanks!

#4830 6 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

Greetings.
    Looking for someone to take on a high end restoration that is beyond my skillset. I have a players condition Fathom. I also have a CPR gold Fathom PF that is on its way back from a long vacation at Ron Kruzman's house. I am also picking up a New Cabinet that is already painted and stenciled. So the majority of the work is going to be cleaning up all the existing hardware, boards, and wiring and moving it to the New PF and New Cab. One of the main things I am concerned with is the handling of the new PF, so having experience with cleared playfields is going to be a must for this candidate.
    Ideally this person is in the SF bay area, but willing to travel south if the deal is right.
    Thanks!

I would recommend Pinball Pirate in Benicia. Www.pinballpirate.com

#4831 6 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

Greetings.
    Thanks!

There is also an ad posted on SFBay CL today by someone local to you, advertising restorations and pf swaps. I recall reading that some pinsiders vouched for him, although I can't find that thread.

I don't know this person. Just saw the ad. Maybe someone who knows him can chime in.

#4832 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

There is also an ad posted on SFBay CL today by someone local to you, advertising restorations and pf swaps. I recall reading that some pinsiders vouched for him, although I can't find that thread.
    I don't know this person. Just saw the ad. Maybe someone who knows him can chime in.

Larry did two swaps for a buddy of mine and he did an awesome job. He’s a retired engineer and he’s very meticulous and easy to work with. If I didn’t enjoy doing my own swaps I would use him.

#4833 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

WTF. That's MY restored space shuttle in the photos of the ad, which I restored MYSELF. He stole the photo from my website (https://abpinball.com/ss/) for use in his ad. What about the other photos in the ad? Stolen too? Super sketchy.

#4834 6 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Larry did two swaps for a buddy of mine and he did an awesome job. He’s a retired engineer and he’s very meticulous and easy to work with. If I didn’t enjoy doing my own swaps I would use him.

As Marc mentioned above, Larry did my Whirlwind and High Speed CPR swap last year. Couldn't be happier with his finished work. Larry's also is very reasonable with his pricing. He also has worked on mechanical and board issues on Checkpoint and rebuilt both Red and Ted heads on Roadshow.

Quoted from andre060:

WTF. That's MY restored space shuttle in the photos of the ad, which I restored MYSELF. He stole the photo from my website (https://abpinball.com/ss/) for use in his ad. What about the other photos in the ad? Stolen too? Super sketchy.

OK, so he copied one of your photos from your website. I agree, Larry probably should of asked for the usage. I can attest the fact the Space Shuttle on the rotisserie is in his shop, as I've been there multiple times. When dropping or picking up pins, Larry always has multiple solid state and EM pins being serviced. Larry is proven in my book, super sketchy, I think not!! Try giving him a call, really nice guy to talk to. I'm sure he would delete your photo on his website if it truly is bothering you! Glad your restore on you Space Shuttle came out nice, wish I had the time to tackle some of these projects!

#4835 6 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

I'm sure he would delete your photo on his website if it truly is bothering you!

The worst part isn't that he copied my photo, it's that he's using it to falsely show an example of his work. I did email him asking him to remove all photos in his ad that aren't his work.

#4836 6 years ago

He replied and removed my photo, and said everything else in the ad is his work.

#4837 6 years ago

All's well, that ends well!!

#4838 6 years ago

Dry paint,

Thanks for the announcement. Your last Flipper Room party was an absolute blast. Super bummed I’m outta town for this one. Have fun, guys!

Thanks for keeping us posted here. Glad to know there’s a TNA within driving distance. Excited for that one.

#4839 6 years ago
    Quoted from nvu4prod:

All's well, that ends well!!

....except that the guy just got outed as being dishonest. At least now everyone who reads this thread knows that he is not honest.

#4840 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

....except that the guy just got outed as being dishonest. At least now everyone who reads this thread knows that he is not honest.

I think this is a bit of an overreaction. It was a single picture...

#4841 6 years ago

It doesn't take much. A little misrepresentation can go a long way.

#4842 6 years ago

As a little human forgiveness can go further.

#4843 6 years ago

That's a fine thought, and I'm not slagging the guy, because I don't know him or what he does, but it was a small, terrible decision that has stained some people's opinions of him and his work. Misrepresenting someone else's work as his own is probably the single biggest fuck up he could have made, but it speaks well that he owned right up and changed the ad.

#4844 6 years ago

And the two swaps I saw were beautifully done. He’s retired and not charging nearly enough for the quality he’s delivering. I’m going to go with honest mistake.

#4845 6 years ago

If someone posted Kruzman playfields I'm sure opinions would differ. I'm sure he's a good guy that does cheap work but never post pics of someone else's work as your own. Glad people do these services but post your own work.

#4846 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

If someone posted Kruzman playfields I'm sure opinions would differ. I'm sure he's a good guy that does cheap work but never post pics of someone else's work as your own. Glad people do these services but post your own work.

Completely agree. What if it was just a mistake?

#4847 6 years ago

Then it was.

#4848 6 years ago

OK. Back on topic. Why can’t we have more basements in CA? I am running out of room and the thought of roughly 1,000 more square feet of space underground for pins and a workshop sounds unreal.

#4849 6 years ago

Yes. Basements FTW. I'd love a walk out basement I could back the truck up to.

#4850 6 years ago

A bad one. How do you mistake someone else's work for your own. It's like an episode of cops where the guy says there's no drugs that I know of. I think it's great people do this kind of work but just be honest. Hell there's not to many options out there so you will get work.

There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.