(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    There are 8,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 168.
    #4701 6 years ago
    Quoted from BenLogan:

My calendar is marked for November 11th at the Flipper Room. I’ll bring my nerdy brother, too. So glad you guys have a new spot in Concord. Great connecting with Phil, Pete, and Mike. Super chill dudes!

Looking forward to seeing you. Here is the official flyer for anyone interested...

Alien Attack Flyer copy (resized).jpgAlien Attack Flyer copy (resized).jpg

#4702 6 years ago

Like others have said, HUGE thanks to Loren for the awesome get together! Food and people were great, and the games were awesome! I had a great time, as did my boys. Thank you!

#4703 6 years ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Looking forward to seeing you. Here is the official flyer for anyone interested...

If one was to attend, is there a sign-up list for bringing food?

Robert

#4704 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

If one was to attend, is there a sign-up list for bringing food?
    Robert

Robert, all you need to bring is yourself and some pinball enthusiasm. We will take care of the rest. Hope to see you there.

#4705 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

I finished my Stern Seawitch and have extra playfield, backglass and lower cabinet. I would like to sell to someone who has parts to make complete game. Playfield is decent, and cabinet is solid.

OK, got the message, off into the dumpster it goes!

#4706 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

I would think these would sell at the swap meet at next year's Golden State Pinball Festival if you can wait. I'd take them if I didn't have several projects already lined up

#4707 6 years ago

Game of Thrones Premium up for sale or trade.
    In perfect shape...just looking for some "fresh"
    what ya got?

Spider-Man, Tron, LOTR, Dialed IN, Aerosmith, TZ

#4708 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

I love my Seawitch and I would hate to see another classic Stern scrapped. I can build a head for it, and boards, displays and needed head hardware are easy to find. If you’re willing to drop If off at a Fastenal store I would buy it and finish the project.

#4709 6 years ago

Selling my 1959 Williams Space Glider EM Gun Game. This has been gone through completely and works great. If you noticed that the the game name is not completely lit up, that is a feature where you can earn credits for spelling it out. Has a new reproduction backglass. I've added black light lighting and balls that glow. I have the original balls and it can be changed to it's original lighting easily. On CL for $850, $750 to pinsiders.
    Short video at the marketplace listing:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-1959-williams-space-glider-em-gun-game#post-4039515

game (resized).jpggame (resized).jpg

gun:bg (resized).jpggun:bg (resized).jpg

#4710 6 years ago

Hey all just wanted to promote a fundraising event / tournament I am running along with Andrei Massenkoff coming up on Nov 4-5th here in San Francisco.

It's a 24-hour battle similar to what they do out at The Sanctum. Super fun and a test of endurance but for a great cause supporting the UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals in Oakland and San Francisco. Andrei is a teacher at the SF hospital and we've placed a Star Trek machine in the teen lounge there through Project Pinball so this will further help show how great pinball and the pinball community is.

Here's the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/147047279244227

It's IFPA sanctioned so will award WPPR points and we've got lots of cool prizes as well. If you'd like to just support the fundraiser without playing you can support my fundraising here: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=279457

or Andrei's here: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=279637&wait=1

IMG_7461 (resized).jpgIMG_7461 (resized).jpg

#4711 6 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I love my Seawitch and I would hate to see another classic Stern scrapped. I can build a head for it, and boards, displays and needed head hardware are easy to find. If you’re willing to drop If off at a Fastenal store I would buy it and finish the project.

I'm sure it will end up at the local pinball show swap meet next year(Lodi)

#4712 6 years ago

Anybody interested in a Full Throttle?

#4713 6 years ago

I shot a PM at Sborel

#4715 6 years ago

Hey guys, I don't wander into this thread that often but I just saw the Sborel discussion about his Seawitch project & thought I would chime in.

I picked up my Seawitch almost 3 years ago. Was hoping to do my first restore, so I collected some new parts for it while I was waiting for my new playfield to arrive from John Greatwich. But quite frankly, I've just run out of gameroom space & motivation at this point. I don't know when that new playfield is ever going to arrive, so it's basically out of the equation at this point. Something has to go before my next pin is delivered, and sadly it's looking like Seawitch

Mine is all original & I never did any work to it. Original boards, powers up & works fine. Playfield has some wear, plastics are warped, cab & backglass have wear & were touched up by previous owner. Good news is that I have a brand new John Greatwich reproduction backglass still in the box, new CPR plastic set, new drop targets, new pop caps, etc. When I sell, I'm selling the game & all the new parts as a package. Don't want to split anything up.

Seawitch is such a great classic pin, and they are pretty hard to find. I was really hoping to sell to someone locally in NorCal, who might restore & bring it to PAGG someday. It would be nice to see it restored. Maybe you could throw Sborel playfield in mine? IDK. Something to think about.

Send me a PM if you're interested. I could shoot some pics for ya

#4716 6 years ago

I have my GnR listed on Reno cl. I need to generate some cash, but kinda hope I don’t end up having to sell it. If anyone wants a gnr, let me know. In about a week, I will have to decide if I am going to sell for sure, then I will list it on all of the forums, and on fb.

#4717 6 years ago

Who's got a TNA coming ? I'll bring beer.

#4718 6 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Who's got a TNA coming ? I'll bring beer.

I have it coming (#39 I think) it will be routed on location as well so you can play it once it arrives...

#4719 6 years ago

awesome. Please post here when it arrives. Where will it be?

#4720 6 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... I just wanted to share this story;

Yesterday, I can’t believe I bought back a 1990 Funhouse, I purchased 23 years ago for $800.

Long story short; I’m a Real Estate Agent / Broker who sold a home in San Ramon, CA to Jeff & Cindy E. in 1994. As a “House Warming Present”, I purchased a Funhouse pinball game for them (only about 3-4 years old) for $800. I often give my clients pinball games for house warming presents.

I’ve been recently looking for a FH, and found one fairly locall (70 miles away). While talking to the owner (Mike), he has owned it for 10 years, I asked him the history. He said he got it from Jan E. in Minden Nevada.

I knew Jeff has a sister named Jan and because their last name is so unusual… I asked him about them; he said "Yes" she got it from her brother Jeff E about 15 years ago as a present.

WOW now full circle; It’s been HOU for the past 23 years and I pulled it off the route, at only 3-4 years old. I’m stoked to get it back, as I have already purchased a new playfield / new NOS plastics / new Translite / 5-decal set. The only thing left are to buy new ramps.

#4721 6 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

awesome. Please post here when it arrives. Where will it be?

Not sure yet, could be at Free Gold Watch

#4722 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinsiders... I just wanted to share this story;
    Yesterday, I can’t believe I bought back a 1990 Funhouse, I purchased 23 years ago for $800.
    Long story short; I’m a Real Estate Agent / Broker who sold a home in San Ramon, CA to Jeff & Cindy E. in 1994. As a “House Warming Present”, I purchased a Funhouse pinball game for them (only about 3-4 years old) for $800. I often give my clients pinball games for house warming presents.
    I’ve been recently looking for a FH, and found one fairly locall (70 miles away). While talking to the owner (Mike), he has owned it for 10 years, I asked him the history. He said he got it from Jan E. in Minden Nevada.
    I knew Jeff has a sister named Jan and because their last name is so unusual… I asked him about them; he said "Yes" she got it from her brother Jeff E about 15 years ago as a present.
    WOW now full circle; It’s been HOU for the past 23 years and I pulled it off the route, at only 3-4 years old. I’m stoked to get it back, as I have already purchased a new playfield / new NOS plastics / new Translite / 5-decal set. The only thing left are to buy new ramps.

I am one step ahead of you for a FH Restore, I have the ramps

#4723 6 years ago

dsuperbee... Congrats on your FH project.

Mine has to wait a bit, as I have 2 games torn down; Bad Cats & DINER. Diner is next. But can't wait for FH.

#4724 6 years ago

Kerry. Still working a deal on my "Sparky" Funhouse restore. If it falls through, I will contact you.

dsuperbee has seen and knows....

Coming soon. BBB #91 Awesome, low plays. Many extras. 18.5

CCC. Very Nice! 12.5

First goal. Keep the house!

Pin goal. Keep all EMs and save room for Brian's ball bowler!

#4725 6 years ago

Hey folks,
    It looks like I will be in the Bay Area next weekend (November 10-11). I am still looking for an empty system 9 cabinet for my Sorcerer if anyone has one the want to sell.

#4726 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

dsuperbee... Congrats on your FH project.
    Mine has to wait a bit, as I have 2 games torn down; Bad Cats & DINER. Diner is next. But can't wait for FH.

Mine does too. Gotta sell a few games, keep the house

#4727 6 years ago

Have a player’s WCS to trade, +/- cash. Ad in marketplace, happy to take more pictures.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56314

Thanks!

#4728 6 years ago

A reminder to those free on Saturday night and looking for something to do. The Flipper Room has its first open house. Free play pinball, Ale Industries and Allagash Brewing (thanks Aaron), plus food. Come hang with us starting at 7pm.

1085 Shary Circle
    Concord, CA 94518
    Www.theflipperroom.com

#4729 6 years ago

See you there, drypaint. Cheap hotel room booked!

#4730 6 years ago

Finally got my MM wherehouse find from last may finished. Lower cab and PF were very nice, backbox not so much. Building was falling apart, insulation and sheetrock everywhere. I was told pin was pulled from location in 99' due to broken translite glass.

20171107_184705_resized (resized).jpg20171107_184705_resized (resized).jpg

20170212_155235_resized (resized).jpg20170212_155235_resized (resized).jpg

20170212_155230_resized (resized).jpg20170212_155230_resized (resized).jpg

20160617_222336_resized (1) (resized).jpg20160617_222336_resized (1) (resized).jpg

20160611_142510_resized (resized).jpg20160611_142510_resized (resized).jpg

#4731 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Brand new playfield installed with maybe 50 plays. Now with playfield it's like a brand new out of box game for a massive savings and none of the problems. It has shaker motor and ...”
    2017-11-11
    Beaumont, CA
    6,200 (OBO)
    Archived after: 5 days
    Viewed: 696 times

#4732 6 years ago

Its a long shot. But thought id post here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-surf-n-safari#post-4069331

Coming up Thanksgiving weekend if anyone up north would like a Surf n Safari. Was at pagg this past may if you had a chance to play it. Im coming up for dinner with family and could drop off on Fri the 24th. Thanks Eric

#4733 6 years ago

Just stumbled upon this on YouTube:

#4734 6 years ago

Fantastic party at The Flipper Room in Concord last night. Beautifully maintained games. Super friendly people. Great food and beer. You guys are champs!

#4735 6 years ago
    Quoted from BenLogan:

Fantastic party at The Flipper Room in Concord last night. Beautifully maintained games. Super friendly people. Great food and beer. You guys are champs!

Agreed! I could only stay for about 45 mins... however, had a chance to meet some new pinheads and catch up with a few older guys.

Thanks again for the nice event!

Kerry

#4736 6 years ago

It was, indeed, a good party. Thanks again!

#4737 6 years ago

Yes, thanks for the great party! Beautiful pins, good food, beer!, and lots of great people. Playing Alien was a special treat. Thanks!!

#4738 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We had a blast and appreciate you all spending your Saturday night with us. See you soon.

#4739 6 years ago

Bummed I missed a party, but was at disneyland. IJ is there and working. Still looks good given how much play that game gets. Played pretty well, POA was a little off.

#4740 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Bummed I missed a party, but was at disneyland. IJ is there and working. Still looks good given how much play that game gets. Played pretty well, POA was a little off.

You gotta wonder just how many plays are on that machine.

#4741 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

You gotta wonder just how many plays are on that machine.

I have no doubt it is the highest played Indy of all time.

#4742 6 years ago

A really good operator friend of mine just created a pinball lounge inside of a local pool hall (Chalk it Up) in Hawyard. There's a bar, food, pool (obviously) some vids and eight (8) pins are available to play right now. Hours are really good too, open to midnight during the week and till 2 a.m Fri-Sat-Sun. Just thought I'd share with the local crowd as another location to go play.

Address is 22540 Foothill Blvd, Hayward, CA 94541

Pinball lounge (resized).jpgPinball lounge (resized).jpg

#4743 6 years ago

Project Alpine Club for sale in Lodi

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    As is - “Barn Find. Some Playfield wear, Nice Backglass. Cab painted white. All parts included. No legs”
    2017-11-16
    Lodi, CA
    100 (OBO)
    Archived after: 17 days
    Viewed: 321 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#4746 6 years ago

Free thrashed cab from a 1976 Williams Space Mission. Everything is stripped from it. It is scratched, delaminating, water damaged, rodent damaged. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want it, but you never know....

Just thought I would put it up for grabs before I toss it in the dump after Thanksgiving week.

Located in Woodland, CA.

20171117_142659_resized (resized).jpg20171117_142659_resized (resized).jpg

20171117_142721_resized (resized).jpg20171117_142721_resized (resized).jpg

20171117_142709_resized (resized).jpg20171117_142709_resized (resized).jpg

20171117_142740_resized (resized).jpg20171117_142740_resized (resized).jpg

#4747 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Free thrashed cab from a 1976 Williams Space Mission. Everything is stripped from it. It is scratched, delaminating, water damaged, rodent damaged. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want it, but you never know....
    Just thought I would put it up for grabs before I toss it in the dump after Thanksgiving week.
    Located in Woodland, CA.

Decided I can't stand the idea of throwing this in the landfill so I will probably stick it in the rafters of my workshop.

Thanks btw to Cheddar for facilitating this acquisition which also included a good Space Mission cabinet, two bottom boards (mostly complete), a good head, good playfield and a toasty backglass. It's going to be a fun project!

#4748 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks btw to Cheddar for facilitating this acquisition which also included a good Space Mission cabinet, two bottom boards (mostly complete), a good head, good playfield and a toasty backglass. It's going to be a fun project!

I still have a Williams Jubilee, Space Odyssey and Alpine Club (sale maybe pending) at super low prices if someone is looking for a winter project.

#4749 6 years ago
    Quoted from mann0mann:

A really good operator friend of mine just created a pinball lounge inside of a local pool hall (Chalk it Up) in Hawyard. There's a bar, food, pool (obviously) some vids and eight (8) pins are available to play right now. Hours are really good too, open to midnight during the week and till 2 a.m Fri-Sat-Sun. Just thought I'd share with the local crowd as another location to go play.

Thanks for posting! I work in Hayward so I will def check it out.

#4750 6 years ago
    Quoted from mann0mann:

Went friday night after reading your recommendation,games are in top notch condition, i really enjoyed nascar, sadly i was the only one playing pinball.stayed there for a good two hours.

There are 8,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/95?hl=apinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.