(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 168.
    #4451 7 years ago

Hey Gang! I suspect most of us are aware that Pin-a-Go-Go is around the corner. We are actively seeking games from the community. If you feel like sharing your games and helping raise money for local children's charities, please head here to learn more: http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/

If you want to join in on the discussion and learn the latest about the show, head here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2017-pin-a-go-go-thread/

See you in 44 days!

#4452 7 years ago

I'm looking for help, suggestions or recommendations for getting a pinball machine up a flight of stairs. I live in SF. Is there a person/service that I can call to help make this happen? Or is there a place that I can rent stair climbing dolly? Or other thoughts?

Thanks

#4453 7 years ago

I'm looking for a Metallica Pro and have a very nice Shadow to offer as trade towards one, if you know anyone or are interested. I'm located in the East Bay - Walnut Creek/Concord area. Will be happy to provide pics and lots of details. Only pic I had on hand at the moment though...

IMG_6682 (resized).JPGIMG_6682 (resized).JPG

#4454 7 years ago

It's really easy, you just break up the machine into four-five components, so that each one is no more than 80 pounds. Now two any-sized/aged people can get this done in a few minutes.

1. head
    2. playfield
    3. cabinet
    4. legs, bolts, balls, loose things.
    5. glass (optionally out)

-mof

#4455 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I'm looking for help, suggestions or recommendations for getting a pinball machine up a flight of stairs. I live in SF. Is there a person/service that I can call to help make this happen? Or is there a place that I can rent stair climbing dolly? Or other thoughts?
    Thanks

ive read you can rent escalaras from moving companies for approx 35 to 40 dollars a day, heres a place in SF google turned up http://www.actionrentalsonline.com/

#4456 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Hey Gang! I suspect most of us are aware that Pin-a-Go-Go is around the corner. We are actively seeking games from the community. If you feel like sharing your games and helping raise money for local children's charities, please head here to learn more: http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/

Yes! Pin-A-Go-Go is just around the corner. We (my son & I), usually bring a few games.

We'll be there again this year and plan on bringing;

ST-TNG
    Mousin Around
    Buggs Bunny Birthday Bash
    Knight Moves (cocktail)
    No Fear
    Rob Zombie LE#5 NIB (maybe FS or trade only)

It's a great event and an awesome cause. Be sure to attend!

#4457 7 years ago

Thanks

I have carried one up the stairs before with the legs on, one guy on each end, but I DO NOT recommend it.

The simplest way is to remove the backglass, fold down the head (always put blanket or cardboard in between head and lower cabinet when folding down the head), strap the head down with a ratcheting strap, remove the legs, tilt the pin onto its back side, strap the pin to a hand truck with another ratcheting strap and wheel it up the stairs. This requires 2 reasonably strong adults. One above and one underneath.

If you need a hand I'm sure a local Pinsider (SF, Oak, Pacifica) will oblige if you ask nicely and offer some pizza and beer. And hopefully it's not a Haunted House, JJP, or Superpin.

#4458 7 years ago

Thanks

Go get 3 day workers at the local Home Depot. Fold the head.

#4459 7 years ago

don't forget to take the balls out of the machine

#4460 7 years ago

So how is Gorf back on Pinside already after all the garbage he perpetrated here?

#4461 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

So how is Gorf back on Pinside already after all the garbage he perpetrated here?

Something you may want to bring up with a mod perhaps.

#4462 7 years ago

Thanks

ZZZ_spy_hunter you could potentially hire TJ to do that. He's done it for others. PM for info if you haven't already done this...

#4463 7 years ago

The NIB Aerosmith arrived at Phoenix Games this afternoon. It is now set up and on the floor. I only put 3-4 games on it so far, but I can already tell it's a good pin. Good layout. A couple challenging shots. Fast. Good flow. Cool lock toy and multiballs. No cheap drains except off the magnet sometimes. The new display is a revelation. The improved sound quality is apparent.

Also, trying something new and throwing out a cash prize for whoever is GC in 30 days. The prize is for East Bay Pinball League members only, but it's not too late to join. You just have to start coming on Thursday nights. We play at 7:30PM every Thursday.

p.s. No insert ghosting. No cabinet splitting. Beautiful clear coat. Don't let a few isolated complaints stop you from buying one. I am very happy with it.

p.p.s. The Dirty Donny side blades from Stern are the tits. Just make sure to do a wet install by misting the backsides with Windex before you apply which allows you to re-position them for a couple minutes. I had both sides installed in under 10 minutes without removing the playfield. Piece of cake.

20170412_142040 (resized).jpg20170412_142040 (resized).jpg
    20170412_154322 (resized).jpg20170412_154322 (resized).jpg

20170412_162721 (resized).jpg20170412_162721 (resized).jpg20170412_164308 (resized).jpg20170412_164308 (resized).jpg

#4464 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The NIB Aerosmith arrived at Phoenix Games this afternoon. It is now set up and on the floor. I only put 3-4 games on it so far, but I can already tell it's a good pin. Good layout. A couple challenging shots. Fast. Good flow. Cool lock toy and multiballs. No cheap drains except off the magnet sometimes. The new display is a revelation. The improved sound quality is apparent.
    Also, trying something new and throwing out a cash prize for whoever is GC in 30 days. The prize is for East Bay Pinball League members only, but it's not too late to join. You just have to start coming on Thursday nights. We play at 7:30PM every Thursday.
    p.s. No insert ghosting. No cabinet splitting. Beautiful clear coat. Don't let a few isolated complaints stop you from buying one. I am very happy with it.
    p.p.s. The Dirty Donny side blades from Stern are the tits. Just make sure to do a wet install by misting the backsides with Windex before you apply which allows you to re-position them for a couple minutes. I had both sides installed in under 10 minutes without removing the playfield. Piece of cake.

I rarely jump in to offer input re: Stern machines but I just played an LE when I was traveling (Sydney) and I have to echo everything said here. When I first watched the various cartoons my initial reaction was it seemed cheesy, but after a few minutes, it MAJORLY grew on me. It was a massive improvement over the crappy low-res videos of previous titles, and honestly a better alternative than watching live video of the real band (unless you are into watching old people rock). I'm an amateur player but it kept me engaged, and I watched experienced players play it and get pretty deep into it.

Caveat, while I generally like Aerosmith, I'm not a super fan. If I was going to get a rock band pin, it would be this one.

#4465 7 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

If I was going to get a rock band pin

Over Metallica???

#4466 7 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Over Metallica???

I like Metallica. I think this is a better game. Sorry! Let's play them side by side at FGW? Who has an Aerosmith?

#4467 7 years ago

I have a Bally Rapid Fire that I don't have space for if anyone happens to be looking for one. I will also be looking for a Donkey Kong by the end of the month, so if you have one, or know of one, please let me know. I am in Reno, but will be at Pin-a-gogo next month.

#4468 7 years ago

Thanks

ZZZ_spy_hunter I've used the Lugg app for arcade stuff in the past. Worked very well for me considering that there was no way I was getting them up alone.

#4469 7 years ago

Thanks

Call moving companies for quotes as well, but a single machine may not be worth it since they usually have a 2 hour minimum. A couple of weeks ago, I hired movers here in Reno to move my games downstairs. Two pins, and 8 vids (including a Pole Position cockpit) all moved downstairs (and some out and down the hill outside because they wouldn't fit down the stairs) for $190!

#4470 7 years ago

I'm bringing a Whitewater and Cactus Canyon. Both are shopped and in excellent condition .

#4471 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

I have a Bally Rapid Fire that I don't have space for if anyone happens to be looking for one.

I'll hijack that comment and up you a Williams Hyperball also for sale at PAGG. Maybe pair them together on the floor? :]

#4472 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gorf:

I'm bringing a Whitewater and Cactus Canyon. Both are shopped and in excellent condition .

Have you considered apologizing for your bad behavior or should we all pretend that didn't happen?

#4473 7 years ago

Yay, gorfs back. Take my money !!

#4474 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Have you considered apologizing for your bad behavior or should we all pretend that didn't happen?

Emkay,I formally apologize to all of Pinside for my bad behavior. I do appreciate the pinball community and I love all of you guys.

#4475 7 years ago

Friday bump for nor cal.

#4476 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gorf:

Are these HUO machines? Can you sent pics without the lollipop rails?"

#4477 7 years ago

IdahoRealtor I would be extremely careful posting a note like that about paying out a cash prize. That can be considered gambling and if the wrong person walked into your location could be very bad for both the location and yourself..... I would figure out a way to call it something else.

#4478 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

norcalrealtor I would be extremely careful posting a note like that about paying out a cash prize. That can be considered gambling and if the wrong person walked into your location could be very bad for both the location and yourself..... I would figure out a way to call it something else.

Good point. That never crossed my mind. Thanks

#4479 7 years ago

Does anybody who upgraded to a color display for their LOTR or TSPP want to sell their old working DMD?

Looking for a used display for a Stern Whitestar game.

PM me if you have one available. I could also trade a clean working B/W DMD if you need one of those.

#4480 7 years ago

Excellent condition Breakshot for sale

Looking to get $2300 which is what I paid

New plastics set, spare target decals, and pool ball shooter rod obtained and provided for free

Can bring to PAGG

Thanks!

BobC

1 week later
    #4481 6 years ago

Hey guys. Don't miss out on this one!

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#4482 6 years ago

Ha! I can finally prove to my friends I'm no cold fish in bed!

#4483 6 years ago

how many middle fingers were given to the tester both before and AFTER the results.

#4484 6 years ago

Ill bet a finger isn't the only thing thats been inserted into that machine

#4485 6 years ago

Avengers Premium in South Bay Area - Campbell

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/48449

#4486 6 years ago

Bump

Quoted from BobC:

Looking to get $2300 which is what I paid
    New plastics set, spare target decals, and pool ball shooter rod obtained and provided for free
    Can bring to PAGG
    Thanks!
    BobC

#4487 6 years ago

I have a Family Guy that I'd like to trade +/- cash ( fair values )

Fully LED'd (including flashers)
    Stewie pinball dress up kit
    3D printed Stewie Stool
    TV Scoop LED (Insert activated)
    Stewie pinball LEDs (Lights up the plastic behind the scoop - Insert activated)
    Flasher added inside beer can
    Flipper bat lights (post activated)

All plastics are in good condition.

Freshly shopped out with Titan rubbers

20170426_214230 (resized).jpg20170426_214230 (resized).jpg
    20170426_214412 (resized).jpg20170426_214412 (resized).jpg

#4488 6 years ago

Cactus Jack's for sale

In great shape

$1000 firm (what I paid)

New legs, new ramps, leds etc...I bought thrown in at no extra cost

Thanks!

BobC

#4489 6 years ago

Selling my 2010 Iron Man (because I just acquired a Vault Edition). Some of you may have seen or played it at Phoenix Games. It is a really nice example and plays like a dream. Lots of upgrades. Pinball Refinery metallic red armor, legs, hinges. Some Pinball Refinery lighting mods. Shaker motor. Best LED conversion I have seen, including color-matched flashers. Speaker lights & acrylics. Gold leg bolts & leg levelers. Cliffys, carbon fiber magnet rings, mylar, etc. New gold t-molding. New coil sleeves at flippers & slings. Good rubbers. No playfield wear. No cracked ramps. No broken plastics.
    $4500 Firm
    If unsold by PAGG I'll bring it to the show.
    EDIT:
    IPDB & Pinside show IM as a 2010 pin, but I just noticed my lower cabinet it date-stamped Dec 2007.
    Also, while giving the pin one last cleaning this afternoon I discovered 1 cracked plastic. The plastic underneath the Whiplash plastic has a crack.
    Lastly, forgot to mention the pin has a red dmd cover, clear red shooter knob, clear red flipper buttons, red super bands.

Added over 7 years ago: Sold

#4490 6 years ago

Light Project Vector for sale. $1200
    Can bring pin for purchase to Pin-A-Go-Go but not good enough reliability to place on floor for weekend.
    Paid 1000, have new side rails from pinball life. New drop target set, target decals. Titan black rubber set, Included in sale but not yet installed.
    Ive run out of time. Above players quality.
    I was going to purchase New Cpu board, and Altek ocd led light board, but trying to stop the bleeding pouring more money into machine.
    Has manual and schematic.
    Some playfield wear at center targets, light,light planking on left side.
    Both glasses in great shape.
    Can take some pictures tomorrow and forward to you.
    More than willing to bring it north to PAGG if sale can be arranged in advance.
    I have run out of time and space and this machine would be in my way for 4-5 months before i could get to it.
    Pm me if interested.
    Thanks Eric

#4491 6 years ago

Pics of my For Sale IM
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eeu80e7twgr4xas/AAB0qQQOCK03JeL8qri1sbM5a?dl=0
    Please note there's a blemish on the cabinet in pic #5 that has been touched up in black. It's just to the right of Whiplash's knee. No biggie in my opinion, but I wanted to disclose it nonetheless.
    And please excuse the laundry my wife just laid out. LOL

Added over 7 years ago: The IM is sold

#4492 6 years ago

Played this one several times and its a sweet example.
    GLWS NorCal, Great meeting you!

#4493 6 years ago

Price drop to $2000

Looking to get $2300 which is what I paid (now $2000)

Can bring to PAGG

Thanks!

BobC

#4494 6 years ago

Today we said goodbye to The Walking Dead Pro at Phoenix Games.............and then a few hours later this showed up!

20170508_193330 (resized).jpg20170508_193330 (resized).jpg

#4495 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Today we said goodbye to The Walking Dead Pro at Phoenix Games.............and then a few hours later this showed up!

Yes!!
    I know where I'm headed today

#4496 6 years ago

Phoenix video game FS in Antioch California

Can be yours for $100

Bought it at California Extreme for more than that

Plays great

Lots of fun

Monitor is good, but sound is scratchy until it's warmed up for a couple minutes.

Could use a new black cardboard around the monitor and a new light behind the marquee. Comes with a new spare control panel overlay and a new marquee

Can bring to PAGG

Here's some web info

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9004

Here's an example of game play somebody made

Thanks!

BobC

#4497 6 years ago

Hello Pinsiders...

I have (2) Rush the Rock driving games. Both were working, but now not. I'm not sure why. They were at our vacation home in Lake Tahoe, but we recently sold it. So, they are now with me in Danville, Calif.

I'm open to a reasonable offer for the pair.

Let me know.
    Thanks!
    Kerry

DSCN6078 (resized).JPGDSCN6078 (resized).JPG

DSCN6079 (resized).JPGDSCN6079 (resized).JPG

#4498 6 years ago

Kerry did you ever replace the stolen wh2o topper from there?

#4499 6 years ago

dsuperbee... yes, with a repo one (dome, curved backing & decal). It wasn't perfect, but better than nothing.

#4500 6 years ago

Hi guys,
    Do you know a good local shop in San Jose to powder coat legs, trim and hinges ?

thanks,
    Leo.

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/90?hl=zzz_spy_hunter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.