(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 168.
    #4301 7 years ago

I have a small operator friend who has a nice T2 pin, it's currently on location in Hayward

Apparently the new owner of the location wants something different now and so my friend is selling. He wants $2200 for it. If anyone is interested, please pm me and I'll play matchmaker .

#4302 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Anyone know where the Scared Stiff at Phoenix in Concord scurried off to?
    It was my fix in the wild until I can find one to own! Yikes!!

She is back in action!!! Enjoy!

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

IMG_2627 (resized).jpgIMG_2627 (resized).jpg

#4304 7 years ago

Just finished cleaning up this Johnny Mnemonic
    Lots of new parts/plastics/rubber so it looks fresh.
    It plays fast as hell and the Color DMD LCD display is awesome.
    (so much glare in the pictures - better picts when I post for sale)

I will play it for a few weeks and then I'm ready to sell.
    Let me know if anyone is interested.

JM1 (resized).jpgJM1 (resized).jpg

JM2 (resized).jpgJM2 (resized).jpg

#4305 7 years ago

Picked up my FH yesterday afternoon. A big thanks to my fellow pinsiders who answered my litany of newbie questions on what to look out for, who to buy from, test and basic sanity checks. I owe you guys a few beers for sure.

I picked this up from quite possibly two of the most nicest/helpful pinsiders I have ever purchased from.

20170117_135137 (resized).jpg20170117_135137 (resized).jpg

#4306 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Picked up my FH yesterday afternoon. A big thanks to my fellow pinsiders who answered my litany of newbie questions on what to look out for, who to buy from, test and basic sanity checks. I owe you guys a few beers for sure.
    I picked this up from quite possibly two of the most nicest/helpful pinsiders I have ever purchased from.

Come to PAGG and meet us all!!!

#4307 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Come to PAGG and meet us all!!!

Yupp! I am planning to make the trek (not like its that long of one from Livermore) this year.

#4308 7 years ago

arcadenerd925; Congrats on the FH purchase! FH is the first game I ever bought back in 93?. I still have it.

Maybe we can meet at PAGG.

#4309 7 years ago

I have 2 pairs of LOTR custom Gollum speaker inserts as shown in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-refresh#post-3232697. One pair has no leds the other one has non working leds. They can be easily installed with double sided tape and painted as well. Available for free. Also available is the mold. PM me if interested.

IMG_3819 (resized).JPGIMG_3819 (resized).JPG

#4310 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

arcadenerd925; Congrats on the FH purchase! FH is the first game I ever bought back in 93?. I still have it.
    Maybe we can meet at PAGG.

Thnx! Will see ya there for sure

#4311 7 years ago

LOL... I saw on pinballmap that "Chris’s New Harbor Bar" in bellmont supposedly has an RH.. (I work in Hayward, so this is just a hop over the San Matero Br for me) since I tend to take those listings with a grain of salt, i figured.. why not just call and ask?
    So I just did, the lady that answered said that she "refuses to divulge that kind of information, just come and see for yourself if it's here"
    WTF

I stopped by this bar in Belmont on the way home from league tonight. The RS is still there and plays "ok." Set to 5-ball, playfield is a little shallow, and someone put Rudy from FH in place of Red, but otherwise seems to play ok. Updated pinballmap info too.

#4312 7 years ago
    Quoted from kerokero:

I stopped by this bar in Belmont on the way home from league tonight. The RS is still there and plays "ok." Set to 5-ball, playfield is a little shallow, and someone put Rudy from FH in place of Red, but otherwise seems to play ok. Updated pinballmap info too.

Sounds like a Rainbow machine - think that one used to be at Blind Cat a while back...

#4313 7 years ago
    Quoted from kerokero:

Thnx for the intel, appreciate it!

#4314 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

She is back in action!!! Enjoy!
    Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

Thank you sir!
    This rain just won't quit, maybe a quick trip over may be in order!

#4315 7 years ago

Restored TOTAN for sell.

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Fully restored (full original status) - “Fully restored TOTAN New CPR gold playfield All new ramps All new plastic New target switches All new rubber All new plastic posts New powder coated legs,side rails and lockdown...”
    2017-01-22
    Vacaville, CA
    7,000 (OBO)
    Archived after: 2 days
    Viewed: 1248 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#4316 7 years ago

HUO Champion Pub for sale. 5500 LEDS etc.

#4317 7 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic in the Bay Area. sfbay.craigslist.org link

#4318 7 years ago

Not sure if this is old news, but Coin-op in Sacramento has Batman 66. Very fun already, can't wait to see fully coded version.

#4319 7 years ago

I saw the FG in this listing this weekend. Except for the shooter lane that's dirty and will probably stay dirty, I think it would clean up nicely.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#4320 7 years ago
    Quoted from JDD:

Johnny Mnemonic in the Bay Area. sfbay.craigslist.org link

I enjoyed playing this title at PAGG last year - don't see many of them around.

#4321 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

I enjoyed playing this title at PAGG last year - don't see many of them around.

Me too, got one after. Fun pin, very very fast.
    Nice adder to the collection.

#4322 7 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

I saw the FG in this listing this weekend. Except for the shooter lane that's dirty and will probably stay dirty, I think it would clean up nicely.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

Good tip. You passed on both then?

#4323 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Good tip. You passed on both then?

I wasn't looking at either one - I actually already have a FG. The seller wanted to do a TSPP + cash trade on the BTDK I have for sale. His TSPP is a bit dirty (i.e. some wax trails) but would also clean up very nicely. The only problem is a small touched up nick on the left side of the cab. Otherwise a very nice HUO game. Best see for yourself if you are interested. The seller is very nice and I enjoyed the visit. I passed on the trade not because of the game but because of space and time (i.e. no time to shop the game) constrains.

#4324 7 years ago

TAF finally on location at Wicked west pizza in West Sacramento.

20170124_142928_resized (resized).jpg20170124_142928_resized (resized).jpg

#4325 7 years ago

Bad Cats Pinball. Beautiful early painted cabinet. See add for details.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/43436

#4326 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

TAF finally on location at Wicked west pizza in West Sacramento.

I'll have to go pump some cash into that the next time in in the area. You're not worried about fading from all the sunlight coming through those windows?

#4327 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I'll have to go pump some cash into that the next time in in the area. You're not worried about fading from all the sunlight coming through those windows?

Pins are on the northside, I did treat cabs with protectant. Fingers crossed. Stern decals seem to be tough.

#4328 7 years ago

Indy 500 for sell

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Indianapolis 500 Archived
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Bally Indy 500 Pinball Operates as should Comes with some extra Indy cars (not the original cars) I have the original smaller car. Pro- all new rubber, all new plastics and plasti...”
    2017-02-02
    Vacaville, CA
    3,200 (OBO)
    Archived after: 11 days
    Viewed: 363 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#4329 7 years ago

SOLD!
    Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Creature of the Black Lagoon Works as should In great condition Playfield looks great Cabinet is in great condition Original hologram. Still looks very green and strong. Playfiel...”
    2017-02-03
    Vacaville, CA
    4,600 (OBO)
    Archived after: 10 days
    Viewed: 751 times
    Contributed to Pinside

#4330 7 years ago

HUO AC/DC Premium for sale asking $7900

Machine is in perfect condition.
    *Alternative translite included.
    *Chrome Body armor and legs
    *Cannon mod....new but not installed.
    *Drum kit mod
    *Clear red apron
    *Laseriffic train topper
    *12" subwoofer
    *Internal Amp with adjustments
    *Shaker Motor
    Please call or text if you have questions or need more pics.
    Rob 925-470-0377
    Located in Brentwood CA (Bay Area)

See my classified ad for some pictures https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44897

#4331 7 years ago

Hello Pinheads... is there a BM66 on location anywhere in Northern Calif? Preferably, East Bay Area (San Jose to Concord).

#4332 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinheads... is there a BM66 on location anywhere in Northern Calif? Preferably, East Bay Area (San Jose to Concord).

Coin op up here in Sac has one

#4333 7 years ago

Thanks dsuperbee!

Sac is approx 100 miles away for me. Hopefully someone will know of a BM66 closer to me, in East Bay Area. If not, next time I'm heading out to Lake Tahoe... I'll hit up Coin Op.

Kerry

#4334 7 years ago

I checked out coin op in Sacramento a couple weeks ago with a friend. I felt like I could barely touch some of the machines without getting a tilt warning. I totally understand locations wanting to protect their machines from abuse, but pinball with zero nudge (let alone tilt warnings from normal body movement) just doesn't seem all that fun. Had anyone else had that experience? Is that the current normal for location play? I occasionally find a machine here and there at PAGG set with a hair trigger tilt bob, but mostly the machines at PAGG feel like they have reasonable, very playable tilt tolerances set. I mention PAGG because without that reference I might think it's just me, that my style is to aggressive. Come to think of it, I didn't get a single tilt or warning all day at PPMs expo either. But coin op? Tilt-o-Rama, baby.

#4335 7 years ago

Pierre, check out Fanny Anns and wicked west pizza also located in sac. Pins are in fantastic shape and you dont have to worry about hairline tilts.

#4336 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Pierre, check out Fanny Anns and wicked west pizza also located in sac. Pins are in fantastic shape and you dont have to worry about hairline tilts.

Both great locations that I frequent. The pins play great.

#4337 7 years ago

I have tried Fanny Ann's and appreciated the quality of the machines. Just recently found out about wicked west - it is definitely on my list of things to do sion, especially now that I can get myself a TAF fix.

#4338 7 years ago

Time to rotate something to spark the pinball interest back up in the house. l've been working a lot and haven't had any time to play. I'm out of room so I need to create a space to buy something newer, I'm throwing out a few sales possibilities out here

High Speed - looks good but plays great. Completely gone through by local pinball tech and fully working - $1500

Gottlieb Genesis - plays great, extras installed, flippers feel a little weak to me, other than that it's a lot of fun. Fully working - $1150

Both purchased from fellow pinsiders
    and reflect the pinsider price. Since I can't post pics here, I can send some via text or email
    Pins located in Tehachapi 93561
    In the mountains just South of Bakersfield

#4339 7 years ago

Who picked up that free The Visible Woman (Lethal Weapon 3) pinball off of CL on Saturday? I was first in line, but the guy emailed me at 4pm & only gave me an hour to respond. His email through CL servers pinged my phone at 5:29.

When was the last time there was a free pinball machine listed on Craigslist that didn't turn into a bidding war?

#4340 7 years ago

Screen grabs of the cab. There were no pics of the playfield. Apparently this was at Burning Man in 2000.

IMG_0514 (resized).PNGIMG_0514 (resized).PNG

IMG_0516 (resized).PNGIMG_0516 (resized).PNG

IMG_0515 (resized).PNGIMG_0515 (resized).PNG

#4341 7 years ago

That's an awesome find!
    Don't change a thing, museum piece.

#4342 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That's an awesome find!
    Don't change a thing, museum piece.

I'm pretty bummed that the dude only gave me an hour to respond. I was gonna fix it up and leave it because it's just a ridiculous re-theme (and LW3 sucks). It's likely that it's not the most professional job and the art could be falling off. It was really hard to tell from the pictures.

Here's a link to a video from the listing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38NNraP7cFCblVkb2RyN0E5aHc/view

#4343 7 years ago

Wanted: empty Bally/Williams widebody cab. Cabinet and head only.

#4344 7 years ago

Konami Track & Field (aka Hyper Olympic) 4-Player Cocktail Arcade in original, dedicated cabinet. Excellent condition inside and out. Clean boards, harnesses and connectors. Recently serviced by myself and my tech. Nice picture. Working 100%. Fairly rare and very sought after by arcade collectors.

The events are sprint, hurdles, long jump, javelin, hammer throw and high jump.

Asking $1000.

Here's a link to the photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0uqktihk0v85pj/AADsvYPhdEgrfNCH6plyNZDRa?dl=0

p.s. Please excuse the background. We're doing some remodeling.

#4345 7 years ago

I've listed my partially restored Space Shuttle. This has been at Pin-a-Go-Go the last 2 years.

Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling my partially restored Williams Space Shuttle as it doesn't get enough attention anymore. Here's what's been done: CPR playfield, plastics and backglass New Ramp, Pops, Fli...”
    2017-02-10
    Lodi, CA
    2,400 (OBO)
    Archived after: 11 days
    Viewed: 867 times

#4346 7 years ago

Great condition Johnny Mnemonic available in the bay area (Campbell)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/44584

#4347 7 years ago

Crap, blew F101 on my recently acquired funhouse.

Changed out spring/coil linkage on left flipper, maybe i knocked something loose.

Problem is, I have no 2.5a SB fuse to replace it, I have a 3a.. argh.

Any particularly handy east bay places to pick up fuses?, not seeing much in stock at the handy dandy lowes/HD

Any help appreciated. I am in Livermore but willing to travel a lil to avoid having to wait for a shipment.

Cheers!

#4348 7 years ago

Doh! did not check that the new linkage engaged the EOS switch. Leaf switch needs adjustment

Apparently there is a radio shack still alive in livermore, will try there in the mornin. if anyone else has any local fuse source suggestions let me know. much appreciated.

#4349 7 years ago

Changed out spring/coil linkage on left flipper, maybe i knocked something loose.
    Any particularly handy east bay places to pick up fuses?, not seeing much in stock at the handy dandy lowes/HD
    Any help appreciated. I am in Livermore but willing to travel a lil to avoid having to wait for a shipment.
    Cheers!

If you still have a radio shack around they have a decent selection. There's also a Frys in Fremont

#4350 7 years ago

Cheers!

I have some in San Jose if you can't find them elsewhere.

Sean

There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.