(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    There are 8,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 168.
    #4151 7 years ago

Looking to join the Addams Family club again! I'm looking for a nice/decent original game. I'm in the SF Bay Area and have the following games for trade towards an Addams Family:

Fathom
    Flash Gordon
    Playboy (Bally)
    Mata Hari
    Paragon

Games are NOT for sale! Please don't ask...

Please PM me if you are interested. Prefer local trade, but willing to travel for the right deal.

Thanks,

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#4152 7 years ago

morning bump.

#4153 7 years ago

My Spider Man is still available. The price has some flexibility. Also considering trades + cash.

Added over 8 years ago: Update: Spider Man is sold

#4154 7 years ago

Bump for nor cal.

#4155 7 years ago

Anybody have a cheap project Bally Strikes and Spares to sell me? Cheap being like <$400, hopefully even cheaper depending on condition. Playfield, backglass, plastics can all be trashed, I have new ones.

#4156 7 years ago

Big thanks to Loren D for throwing a killer party yesterday!

#4157 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

So bummed I missed this! Again!

#4158 7 years ago

Wish I could have made it, but the boy has been a little under the weather, and not bringing 20 mo old infant flu to a party.

#4159 7 years ago

Im looking for some help, I have a heavily damaged lower Addams Family cab and am looking for a used one. I dont think it can be saved, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. This pin is in players condition.

IMG_0820 (resized).JPGIMG_0820 (resized).JPG

IMG_0819 (resized).JPGIMG_0819 (resized).JPG

#4160 7 years ago

Well if it is a keeper, you can always buy a new cab. If not, maybe sell off as a project.

#4161 7 years ago

Its a keeper, i just dont have the tools or skill to make a new cab. Again its a players pin minus the damaged lower cab. Im not looking to have a collector quality machine just a fun pin for my kids and i to enjoy.

#4162 7 years ago

shovelhed, I know a guy who can make you a cab. I'll ask him if he's interested

#4163 7 years ago

I appreciate it very much let me know

#4164 7 years ago

I am in need of a skilled woodworker up in the Sunnyvale area of Northern California.
    We built a custom ping pong table for a client.
    We did not have the net at the time we made the table and the notches were not added to hold the net bracket in place.
    If you PM me I can email you photos. It is a simple notch.
    It needs to be done on Tuesday, November 15th per our customers request.
    If anyone is able to take care of this for me I can pay you directly.
    Thank you

#4165 7 years ago

Bump still looking for help with a lower TAF cab.

#4166 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

You may need to broaden your search. Have you posted in the Market section of the forum?

Chris Hutchins once sold cabinets for cheap (i.e. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/used-cabinet-sale-giveaway-at-hep) and he might be willing to ship. They may not be in top condition but it might still be better than what you have. He's actually documenting a TAF resto at the moment at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-taf-restoration and you can see what the old cabinet looks like.

#4167 7 years ago

Great advice, i reached out hopefully something can get worked out

#4168 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

You can buy a lower WPC cab from Virtua Pin: http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=9f4bae41d04065c0f518938e1ac791be

#4169 7 years ago

Looking to trade my Game of Thrones Premium for your Metallica or Spider-Man Vault.

(Content Edited)

Located in Danville (SF bay area). Game is perfect. 2 translites.

#4170 7 years ago

In need of another pin for a client gift. Must be fully working, in good shape and generally well-liked. Budget is approximately $1500-$2000. Please PM me if you've got something in that range.

#4171 7 years ago
    Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

I am in need of a skilled woodworker up in the Sunnyvale area of Northern California.
    We built a custom ping pong table for a client.
    We did not have the net at the time we made the table and the notches were not added to hold the net bracket in place.
    If you PM me I can email you photos. It is a simple notch.
    It needs to be done on Tuesday, November 15th per our customers request.
    If anyone is able to take care of this for me I can pay you directly.
    Thank you

Is anyone able to help me out with this? I am willing to pay a premium price. I need it done on November 15th as that is when the manager will allow access to the table.

#4172 7 years ago

Looking for a Met Pro or Premium....who has one for sale or trade??

#4173 7 years ago
    Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

Is anyone able to help me out with this? I am willing to pay a premium price. I need it done on November 15th as that is when the manager will allow access to the table.

Give me a jingle, I am a excellent handy man, finish man,painter or pm me most of my work in piedmont,montclaire, daughter just wrecked my truck is truck needed? Wont have truck for at least a month, Goodluck with all

#4174 7 years ago

Duly noted: chico.craigslist.org link

"I recently contacted this person to buy a different title from him. He told me he could bring it to me. Because i like to see machines myself in person and not in the back of a truck i declined delivery. He was very upfront with the fact that he sells a lot of games which are "hot" aka stolen and can get me any title i ask for, he then back tracked stating the particular title i was looking at was not however stolen. BUYERS BE AWARE!"

#4175 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Duly noted: chico.craigslist.org link
    "I recently contacted this person to buy a different title from him. He told me he could bring it to me. Because i like to see machines myself in person and not in the back of a truck i declined delivery. He was very upfront with the fact that he sells a lot of games which are "hot" aka stolen and can get me any title i ask for, he then back tracked stating the particular title i was looking at was not however stolen. BUYERS BE AWARE!"

Are you sure he was not pulling you leg?

I'd think if there are stolen games we might have seen a post on Pinside

Then again maybe the police should notified

Hmmm...maybe he can get me a Popeye LOL

#4176 7 years ago

or better yet, lets see him steal a Hurcules

#4177 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

or better yet, lets see him steal a Hurcules

To be clear, not my post on CL. Just passing it along in case anyone has seen this guys various CL ads over the last month or two. I just copied the contents of the ad into my post in case it was pulled on CL.

#4178 7 years ago

Im thinking of getting rid of a few games, here is what isup on the chopping block.

Batman Forever
    Back to the Future
    Super Mario World
    Street Fighter 2

If anyone is intersted in any of these drop me a pm.

#4179 7 years ago

What's the world coming too, stealing pinball machines for re sale, stealing cars for parts,re sale has been around forever...got to chain em down,get a alarm for each machine..I am glad I dnt have machines on location, and also have heard machines are being stolen on the easy coast..It's a shame!

#4180 7 years ago

Selling my stand-up multicade for $500. Bought it for my kids but its not getting any love and I would rather fill that space with a pinball machine.

Cabinet is in good shape, solid black with no graphics, and has the usual scrapes and gouges you see on all older games. 19" CRT monitor installed (PC) with a Dell PC running hyperspin emulator. Everything works great and is pre-loaded with a ton of ROMs (came with the machine). Classic JAMMA wiring with 2 player, 6 button setup. Flip the switch on the top of the cab, and the PC turns on and boots straight in to Hyperspin. I have only played a handful of the ROMs and some work great and others need configuration to get them working right.

Photos seen here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9xQcoZKu2sCNGRoYW1zX1VUVXM?usp=sharing

Prefer cash, but I would consider trades for pinball machines (projects OK depending on title). I also want a Color DMD for my Fish Tales, so would consider that plus a little cash.

Cheers,
    Seth

#4181 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

Are you sure he was not pulling you leg?
    I'd think if there are stolen games we might have seen a post on Pinside
    Then again maybe the police should notified
    Hmmm...maybe he can get me a Popeye LOL

There have been a few stories of stolen games going around in the Bay Area over the past few years, and only a handful of times did I read about it here.

#4182 7 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

There have been a few stories of stolen games going around in the Bay Area over the past few years, and only a handful of times did I read about it here.

Rumor is he's steeling them out of a operators wharehouse. Normally his pictures are on an in closed porch with lattice for partial walls. Hard to call the police unless yr there watching it happen. Anyways I'd stay away from 5306248381.

#4183 7 years ago

Anybody interested in going in on an Invisiglass order?

I've got a couple friends I'm trying to help out.

Bob C

#4184 7 years ago
    Quoted from frogman70:

Rumor is he's steeling them out of a operators wharehouse.

If this is the case, does anyone here know who the operator may be and can he be contacted immediately to potentially catch this guy in the act?

#4185 7 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

If this is the case, does anyone here know who the operator may be and can he be contacted immediately to potentially catch this guy in the act?

just notify the police so they can setup a sting

#4186 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

Anybody interested in going in on an Invisiglass order?
    I've got a couple friends I'm trying to help out.
    Bob C

Definitely would be interested. Whats the pricing like?

#4187 7 years ago

I'll find out tomorrow hopefully

#4188 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

waiting to hear back from JJP

#4189 7 years ago

New member here, not sure if introductions are necessary....but I'll go for it - Im in Concord/Walnut Creek Area (Clayton). I'm a longtime vid guy (have 16 currently) and just picked up my first pin - The Getaway. I'm fortunate to have Phoenix games right next door to where I work so it's been hard to pull the trigger on a pin when I can just go over and drop a few bucks a couple times a week.

But love having a pin in the gameroom now, first time I've ever seen my wife come out and turn on a game and play on her own. I about $hit a brick when it happened. That was awesome. Made me want to sell all my video games on the spot and get more pins. LOL

Have had the Getaway for a couple weeks. Not sure if it's a keeper (I'm not that good) but definitely want to start looking for another. World Cup Soccer seems like one I've enjoyed playing before, theme kinda blows but not sure...

Happy to take NorcalRealator's advice though and just quit sweating the title, just jump in and get one!

#4190 7 years ago
    Quoted from mann0mann:

New member here, not sure if introductions are necessary....but I'll go for it - Im in Concord/Walnut Creek Area (Clayton). I'm a longtime vid guy (have 16 currently) and just picked up my first pin - The Getaway. I'm fortunate to have Phoenix games right next door to where I work so it's been hard to pull the trigger on a pin when I can just go over and drop a few bucks a couple times a week.
    But love having a pin in the gameroom now, first time I've ever seen my wife come out and turn on a game and play on her own. I about $hit a brick when it happened. That was awesome. Made me want to sell all my video games on the spot and get more pins. LOL
    Have had the Getaway for a couple weeks. Not sure if it's a keeper (I'm not that good) but definitely want to start looking for another. World Cup Soccer seems like one I've enjoyed playing before, theme kinda blows but not sure...
    Happy to take NorcalRealator's advice though and just quit sweating the title, just jump in and get one!

Congrats on getting your first pin! I foresee a healthy mix of vids and pins in your future.

Does your Getaway already have NVRam and LEDs? If you need a hand with anything let me know.

#4191 7 years ago

Congrats on getting your first pin! I foresee a healthy mix of vids and pins in your future.
    Does your Getaway already have NVRam and LEDs? If you need a hand with anything let me know.

Thanks again. Really appreciate all your guidance the last month.

Haven't converted to NVRAM yet, I am very familiar with that process and have even ordered some for some of the vid applications over the years. I'll get on that soon. I did have to put about $100-$150 into it to get it going, mostly cosmetic stuff (plastics, buttons, leg accessories, etc) but I did put in two new flipper assemblies since the ones I had were mismatched coils and needed rebuilds.

Definitely thinking about LED's and even started building an order on Comet, but thought I would cool my jets a little and make sure I really enjoy this title before I go too crazy.

It's funny, as soon as the first one was in the gameroom....all I've been thinking about is adding the next.

#4192 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

I'd be interested in three pieces depending on price

#4193 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

waiting to hear back from JJP

I might be interested in 3, if the price is decent.

#4194 7 years ago
    Quoted from mann0mann:

Thanks again. Really appreciate all your guidance the last month.
    Haven't converted to NVRAM yet, I am very familiar with that process and have even ordered some for some of the vid applications over the years. I'll get on that soon. I did have to put about $100-$150 into it to get it going, mostly cosmetic stuff (plastics, buttons, leg accessories, etc) but I did put in two new flipper assemblies since the ones I had were mismatched coils and needed rebuilds.
    Definitely thinking about LED's and even started building an order on Comet, but thought I would cool my jets a little and make sure I really enjoy this title before I go too crazy.
    It's funny, as soon as the first one was in the gameroom....all I've been thinking about is adding the next.

Mann, if you get tired of the Getaway I can take it off your hands

I am in Colony Park (Concord) and have three pins

Stern Meteor - fully restored, you can search pinside for pictures
    Data East Checkpoint - currently restoring, broken down to bare wood
    Williams Coquette - 60s EM that my daughter plays

#4195 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

Is this the Meteor thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/100-project-stern-meteor-restomod-most-likely
    I'd love to see what you've done with it.

#4196 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

Pinball is strong in Concord

#4197 7 years ago

Pinball is strong in Concord

Indeed. Gryphun looks like he's up to some serious restoration work which I'd love to see.

#4198 7 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

Indeed. Gryphun looks like he's up to some serious restoration work which I'd love to see.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past/page/3

I started to post my progress in the Meteor club on page 3 (neglected my own thread )

#4199 7 years ago

But, a picture is worth a thousand words...

A couple of pictures of my progress

m5 (resized).jpgm5 (resized).jpg

m4 (resized).jpgm4 (resized).jpg

m1 (resized).jpgm1 (resized).jpg

m2 (resized).jpgm2 (resized).jpg

ac6d715310bf30f5e0d723ab5ed4ed5c0e44944c_jpeg (resized).jpgac6d715310bf30f5e0d723ab5ed4ed5c0e44944c_jpeg (resized).jpg

cc30515be77126ce8d4c042bdb153ce5ddb854ba_jpeg (resized).jpgcc30515be77126ce8d4c042bdb153ce5ddb854ba_jpeg (resized).jpg

m1 (resized).jpgm1 (resized).jpg

7ae12dcc0715c6626a5443ac70e3c883ff249fa2_jpeg (resized).jpg7ae12dcc0715c6626a5443ac70e3c883ff249fa2_jpeg (resized).jpg

4b76ea78cd8dfc781ab63419c7cfd6ecaadc4cfb_jpeg (resized).jpg4b76ea78cd8dfc781ab63419c7cfd6ecaadc4cfb_jpeg (resized).jpg

22f2cd3941d07b48a393ebc6d8b4a3ff7f796a8d_jpeg (resized).jpg22f2cd3941d07b48a393ebc6d8b4a3ff7f796a8d_jpeg (resized).jpg

meteor backbox (resized).jpgmeteor backbox (resized).jpg

bb8c840a4d55e5aa85fe483596515b457e4e99c1_jpeg (resized).jpgbb8c840a4d55e5aa85fe483596515b457e4e99c1_jpeg (resized).jpg

1a873edc9577d574b40278562c9fe219ff4a5f2d_jpeg (resized).jpg1a873edc9577d574b40278562c9fe219ff4a5f2d_jpeg (resized).jpg

a623b0c0b5855d405c62f9454a151c5c2038b59b_jpeg (resized).jpga623b0c0b5855d405c62f9454a151c5c2038b59b_jpeg (resized).jpg

#4200 7 years ago

No details, so who knows how good that price is ($3,800 @ present). But if anyone local is in the hunt for a TSPP, check out good ole CL:

sfbay.craigslist.org link

There are 8,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/84?hl=kratogen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.