(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 168.
    #3951 7 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

Looking to see if I can acquire a nice White Water before mother's day for my wife. Any one have one they are looking to sell in Nor Cal?

There is currently a Wh2o on CL.

#3952 7 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

There is currently a Wh2o on CL.

Yes, that is a fall back possibility, however I would not classify it as nice nor that the price matches what your getting. There is a reason it has been sitting on craigslist for a couple weeks. I am willing to spend that much or more, if the condition matches the price.

My wife and I just had our first child this month, and White Water is her favorite game. I want to get one that is in nice condition that I can just setup in the game room and surprise her, as opposed to something that needs me to spend a couple days cleaning up/restoring.

#3953 7 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

Yes, that is a fall back possibility, however I would not classify it as nice nor that the price matches what your getting. There is a reason it has been sitting on craigslist for a couple weeks. I am willing to spend that much or more, if the condition matches the price.
    My wife and I just had our first child this month, and White Water is her favorite game. I want to get one that is in nice condition that I can just setup in the game room and surprise her, as opposed to something that needs me to spend a couple days cleaning up/restoring.

Given how every single picture makes sure to not show the topper, I would guess that it is missing from the game. You might be able to get the seller down 800 or so if it is. The price is high, but not surprising given that it is here.

#3954 7 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Given how every single picture makes sure to not show the topper, I would guess that it is missing from the game. You might be able to get the seller down 800 or so if it is. The price is high, but not surprising given that it is here.

I have already checked, the topper is missing. As I said, it is a fallback. But I figured it was worth checking in with my fellow pinsiders, because if someone has a nice example they are willing to part with, then i would much rather do business with a pinsider.

#3955 7 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

The one on CL does not have a topper, the cabinet is all beat up and there are wear spots on the playfield. The mountains have some weird holes drilled into it and the yetti has homemade plastic protecting it.

#3956 7 years ago

Any Nor Cal peeps here that are going to PAGG and will have pins for sale? Looking to pick up my first this year! Excited!

#3957 7 years ago

yup, there are going to be a bunch of games for sale at pagg. if you can, get there Friday when it opens at 1pm.

also, check here often in the gams for sale at pagg thread and the official 2016 pin a go go thread. see you at pagg.

#3958 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

Any Nor Cal peeps here that are going to PAGG and will have pins for sale? Looking to pick up my first this year! Excited!

What are you looking for? Lots of games available right now in the area!

#3959 7 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

What are you looking for? Lots of games available right now in the area!

Well with it being my first machine i'm after something that doesn't have to be perfect but is in good playing condition. I wouldn't mind having to do say LED upgrades or a few minor repairs but nothing major. Looking to stay around $2000-$3000. Probably a 90's and newer DMD game.

#3960 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

Well with it being my first machine i'm after something that doesn't have to be perfect but is in good playing condition. I wouldn't mind having to do say LED upgrades or a few minor repairs but nothing major. Looking to stay around $2000-$3000. Probably a 90's and newer DMD game.

I'm bringing 4 games, 3 of which will be for sale. Star Wars Trilogy, Baywatch, Black Knight and Elvira and the party monsters. All will be for sale except Elvira. PM me if you're interested.

Mike

#3961 7 years ago

Hello Pinheads... I'm looking for a couple pins;

DINER
    Bad Cats
    Mousin Around
    Corvette
    Fish Tales

I’m in Northern Calif near Walnut Creek (40 miles East of San Francisco).

Thanks
    Kerry

#3962 7 years ago

Hey guys! Anyone around the Sacramento area have a multi pin home arcade that enjoys a good craft beer and some friendly competition? I'm in Yuba City and would love to get to meet some fellow pinheads in the area. You supply the pins and ill bring the beverages! I'm new to the forum but not new to the website. I've been browsing for some time but just never signed up but i'm looking to buy my first pin this year at PAGG so i figured there's no better time than now! Hopefully ill get to meet some of you at the show. Anyway thanks for the time Cheers!

#3963 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

Hey guys! Anyone around the Sacramento area have a multi pin home arcade that enjoys a good craft beer and some friendly competition? I'm in Yuba City and would love to get to meet some fellow pinheads in the area. You supply the pins and ill bring the beverages! I'm new to the forum but not new to the website. I've been browsing for some time but just never signed up but i'm looking to buy my first pin this year at PAGG so i figured there's no better time than now! Hopefully ill get to meet some of you at the show. Anyway thanks for the time Cheers!

A great way to meet alot of locals is to come to sparkys BBQ Saturday at 12 noon. It's at the tv area just outside of the main building. Also, look for pinside I'd badges that practical Steve has made. Any time you see one on a person walk up say hi and introduce yourself.

#3964 7 years ago

I have a nice WWF Royal Rumble forsale asking $3000 obo.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3965 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

There is a league in folsom the meets bi-monthly and also a league in the lodi/Woodbridge area that meets on the opposite weeks as the folsom league. There is a third league that meets in and around vacaville. All three are great ways to meet people in the community. All great people. All willing to help someone new to the hobby. And may I say, all have great collections.

I would start there. League is truly what brought me back into this hobby. The fellowship is outstanding and you get to test run games you may have never even thought of playing.

I know from talking with you that you have heard of Pin a go go and plan to attend. This is one of the best showings of the amazing community in the hobby.

Yuba city is a bit if a drive to me here in woodbidge, but my house is always open to those seeking the silver ball. You are more than welcome here brother.

Let me extend my hand and welcome you to the hobby!

I'll personally be at PaGG all weekend long. Come join us for some 4 player games. I'll have my badge on with my screen name and avatar.

#3966 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

I've only got 4 working games right now,nbut let me know a day you would like to come over. I've got nothin but time right now. (Working games: Gilligans, Earthshaker, GnR, Doctor Who. Rest are in various states . )

#3967 7 years ago

Thank you all so much for the kind welcome!

#3968 7 years ago

The beautiful Spiderman recently on Craigslist has found a new home at Phoenix Games! Nicest Spiderman I've ever seen or played. What a score!

And speaking of Phoenix Games, the East Bay Pinball League has room for more players. No wait list. No fee to join. Just come on down! We meet every Thursday at 730pm at Phoenix Games in Concord.

s-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(resized).jpg

#3969 7 years ago

Howdy my NorCal brethren! My wife bought some GNR tickets for AT&T park and we won't be able to make it. Figured someone up here might want them. Just asking face value. PM me if interested.
    L123, row 26, seat 15-16 $301.50

Added over 8 years ago: SOLD

#3970 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The beautiful Spiderman recently on Craigslist has found a new home at Phoenix Games! Nicest Spiderman I've ever seen or played. What a score!
    And speaking of Phoenix Games, the East Bay Pinball League has room for more players. No wait list. No fee to join. Just come on down! We meet every Thursday at 730pm at Phoenix Games in Concord.

Nice one. If this is one of John Tennler's games, he usually has really nice machines. In general on the expensive side, but for once it looks like the price was right.

#3971 7 years ago

Gottlieb Soccer 1974 2 player version 700 obo- comes with spare parts playfield

Will be at PAGG- play it, buy it, take it home

#3972 7 years ago

Anyone know who this is stockton.craigslist.org link

Been trying to contact him with no response. Thanks!

#3973 7 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

Nice one. If this is one of John Tennler's games, he usually has really nice machines. In general on the expensive side, but for once it looks like the price was right.

It was and I agree. Very nice guy. I've never bought from him before due to high prices, but for some reason this one was priced to sell.

Note to self - chrome trim looks great until people start touching it. Fingerprints galore!

#3974 7 years ago

Trying to get a package from central valley or Dublin area to PAGG. I have it in Dublin today and could drop it off anytime. Package is 30" x 30" x 1".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#3975 7 years ago

PM sent to Steve.

Steve

#3976 7 years ago

Thank you. Help teceived and greatly appreciated!

#3977 7 years ago

KISS pro at Fanny Anns Saloon has been updated to v1.28, and now has headphone jack connection at left front leg.

#3978 7 years ago

I am hoping one of you NORCAL guys might know who this is...and maybe giving a fellow Pinsider a hand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance,

sacramento.craigslist.org link

#3979 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

I am hoping one of you NORCAL guys might know who this is...and maybe giving a fellow Pinsider a hand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance,
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

Don't know th seller, but curious if this is the lost world that bounced around here for about 10 years give or take.

#3980 7 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Don't know th seller, but curious if this is the lost world that bounced around here for about 10 years give or take.

"You take it!" "No, you take it!"

#3981 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

"You take it!" "No, you take it!"

That is almost how it went. I believe I was the last SPG person to own it.

#3982 7 years ago

1000th post . Bump for NorCal

#3983 7 years ago

RollerGames is back up and running after going down on Sat at PAGG.
    Bad EOS on upper flipper caused locked coil and blown fuse. Coil replaced, EOS adjusted - no more fuse blowing action

Still looking to trade Rollergames or for a space themed pin.

#3984 7 years ago

We're buying a new house that needs a fortune in renovations. So, I'm looking to sell a couple items.

Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons with a few add-ons and zero wear. $4800 (SALE PENDING)

Elvira's Secret slot machine $1500

Wheel of Fortune slot machine $5000 (yes. the real deal.)

Sick Dirty Donny original painting $900

#3985 7 years ago

I spent most of Saturday at PAGG 2016 with my wife. I missed last year. We played lots of machines, very fun. We decided afterwards (bad timing), to get another pin. My HS and PB currently reside in our "TV room/home theater" with movie posters and popcorn machine etc.
    Looking to relocate current pins to another room, and get something with a TV show/movie theme. So we are looking for something for sale within a few hours drive of the Sacramento area.
    I don't mind anything that needs work, just hoping for a nice cabinet and playfield.
    Please PM me if you have a pin or know of one that would like a nice new home.
    I also posted in pagg 2016, just covering my bases.
    Thanks

#3986 7 years ago
    Quoted from highspeed:

Looking to relocate current pins to another room, and get something with a TV show/movie theme. So we are looking for something for sale within a few hours drive of the Sacramento area.
    I don't mind anything that needs work, just hoping for a nice cabinet and playfield.
    Thanks

I know a guy with a twister. Nice condition all around. It was at pagg.

#3987 7 years ago

Ooh Twister is a fun game!

#3988 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I know a guy with a twister. Nice condition all around. It was at pagg.

Near the center of the main room? If so, I played it a few times, it was fun. PM me.

#3989 7 years ago
    Quoted from highspeed:

Near the center of the main room? If so, I played it a few times, it was fun. PM me.

I sent a text to the guy who has it and asked him to pm you

#3990 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I sent a text to the guy who has it and asked him to pm you

Thanks Cheddar. Been a while, hope all is well!

#3991 7 years ago

Loved the Diner and ES as well at PAGG, want one. Thank you - Yummy

#3992 7 years ago
    Quoted from highspeed:

Thanks Cheddar. Been a while, hope all is well!

Just to piggyback, it is the same guy with the game show. But the game show is not for sale right now. I have seen this twister and if memory serves is in pretty good shape!

#3993 7 years ago

I have played the twister you speak of. yes, it is in very nice shape.

#3994 7 years ago

Just listed my Aladdin's Castle for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35070

#3995 7 years ago

Still looking to sell this Iron Man VE in the Santa Cruz area.
    There is an ad in the marketplace.

Thanks
    JD

IM01_(resized).jpgIM01_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #3996 7 years ago

Moving Sale Update

Whoa Nellie - Sold!

Elvira's Secret slot machine - Traded!

Dirty Donny original painting - Still Available!

Wheel of Fortune - Still Available! $5k or trade.

Wheel_1_(resized).jpgWheel_1_(resized).jpg

#3997 7 years ago

Anyone know of any good location pinball in the San Ramon/Dublin area? I just moved to the area a few months ago, and have not seen one single pinball on location in the area. I know there's Phoenix games in Concord, but I'd like to find something closer to home for the occasional quick pinball itch.

#3998 7 years ago

pinballmap.com or pinmap on this site.

#3999 7 years ago

Thanks. Yeah, checked both of those resources already, with no luck. Was hoping maybe there were some unreported pins that anyone here might know about. All good.

#4000 7 years ago

Work kept me away from the 1500 Popeye on cl, never heard back from the seller. Anyone here happen to grab it?

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/80?hl=ntstlgl1970 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.