Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 168.
    #351 10 years ago

I love playing pinball at the rohnert park Scandia was the software on Metallica updated to v 1.2 and when I talked to the tech they said they were getting WOZ soon

#352 10 years ago

I'm about to pull the trigger on a remote Black Hole -- anyone thinking about letting one go local, kindly please -- speak up now...! =)
    thanks!
    -mof

#353 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I'm about to pull the trigger on a remote Black Hole -- anyone thinking about letting one go local, kindly please -- speak up now...! =)
    thanks!
    -mof

Good luck! Pulling the trigger on this rare one?

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#354 10 years ago

Wow, what a game. Didn't know BH was also a System 1 game.

#355 10 years ago

Tournaments & Party on 8/31 & 9/1 at PPM in Alameda:

http://pinballoutreach.org/2013/07/pop-double-feature/

Thanks!

#356 10 years ago

Speaking of tournaments coming up...

ebcr2013-titlesmall.jpgebcr2013-titlesmall.jpg

EBP presents East Bay City Rumble II -- The Revenge

2-Man Team Tournament. League vs. league (but everyone is welcome). 9/28/2013. Noon. Phoenix Games in Concord CA.

A whole mess of info can be found...

here: http://www.eastbaypinball.org/rumble
    here: http://pinside.com/pinball/events/east-bay-city-rumble-ii-the-revenge-2013
    and here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/east-bay-city-rumble-ii-the-revenge-sfba-2-man-team-tournament#post-1062811

EDIT: Date changed to the 28th

#357 10 years ago

Is it just me, or does it look more like Bumblez than Rumble2?

#358 10 years ago

It totally looks like Bumblez

#359 10 years ago

Some pics of the dp ww I picked up recently:

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#360 10 years ago

My neck and head now hurt, thanks.

#361 10 years ago

Did they come out flipped? Weird if they did, they show up normal on my iPad.

#362 10 years ago

The first 3 came out sideways, the last was upside down.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Did they come out flipped? Weird if they did, they show up normal on my iPad.

#363 10 years ago

That's really strange!

#364 10 years ago

I know this is a Nor Cal thread, but I'm at Disneyland right now, and I was expecting to see Tron and POTC in the Tomorrowland arcade, as usual, but they have Tron and a very nice Cyclone! Surprised to see the Cyclone. The arcade has turned into an extension of the store, but there are a lot of old school video games along the wall along with the two pinballs. Custom IJ still operating across from the IJ ride.

#365 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I know this is a Nor Cal thread, but I'm at Disneyland right now, and I was expecting to see Tron and POTC in the Tomorrowland arcade, as usual, but they have Tron and a very nice Cyclone! Surprised to see the Cyclone. The arcade has turned into an extension of the store, but there are a lot of old school video games along the wall along with the two pinballs. Custom IJ still operating across from the IJ ride.

They have three pins that rotate in that arcade, tron, cyclone, and whirlwind.

Have fun mark! Gonna be there in 2 weeks myself. If you get the chance, go check out trader sams at the disneyland hotel.

#366 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

They have three pins that rotate in that arcade, tron, cyclone, and Whirlwind.
    Have fun mark! Gonna be there in 2 weeks myself. If you get the chance, go check out trader sams at the disneyland hotel.

We walked to the hotel lobby last night. Didn't go into Trader Sam's this time, but I've been there before. Is there a pinball in there now?

#367 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

We walked to the hotel lobby last night. Didn't go into Trader Sam's this time, but I've been there before. Is there a pinball in there now?

Nope, but a great tiki bar, and the drinks are stiff! Food is pretty good too.

#368 10 years ago

Just a quick update, we're moving East Bay City Rumble up one weekend to September 28th. It ends up that a lot of players are heading to Portland on the weekend of the 21st. We can't have the Bay Area's end-all-be-all grudge tournament of the year with every league missing half their people!

Now those players have no excuse to puss out and hide in Portland until the rumble passes.

I typically don't list the games available for a tournament, since the line up changes on a monthly basis, but since we have people bringing games JUST for this tournament and some cool games popping up, I thought I'd share the list as it is right now. Games on the Phoenix Games Side are available to play NOW. So go throw some quarters in them and practice. The Secondary Location side games won't be available until the tournament and will only be available day of the tournament for tournament play (so register a team! ;P). This list is subject to change.

Phoenix Games Side: TFTC, Hook, Frankenstein, WWFRR, Surf n' Safari, Cactus Canyon, AC/DC Premium, T2, Champion Pub, TAF, TZ, Diner

Secondary Location: LOTR, WOZLE, Hollywood Heat, Jurassic Park...more coming soon

#369 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Nope, but a great tiki bar, and the drinks are stiff! Food is pretty good too.

Ya trader sams is cool..I picked up some cool tiki mugs for whenever I have a cool game room at some point in my life.also pick up a cool HM mickeys halloween party sign from anna convention from last month.I dont know why they just dont hang a Flynns sign up over the Starcade since its mostly classics now

#370 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Ya trader sams is cool..I picked up some cool tiki mugs for whenever I have a cool game room at some point in my life.also pick up a cool HM mickeys halloween party sign from anna convention from last month.I dont know why they just dont hang a Flynns sign up over the Starcade since its mostly classics now

I love it there, and try to pick up a new mug when I visit (if I do not already have it)

Going next Thurs/Fri for Dapper Day and taking a friend and his fiancee to Club 33 for dinner. Should be fun! (Hope I have enough cash for some of the new Haunted Mansion stuff that is out)

To keep it pinball related:

Been working on the WW I picked up. Got the replacement wire gate I needed, and tried to use an old actuator arm I had laying about. It works great in one direction, but rubs on the other direction, causing the gate to get stuck. The switch underneath the PF is centered, and the gate is centered as well. (Both are centered in relation to the hole the actuator arm passes through)

As no sites have these, I will be making my own arm. Now I have NEVER done this type of work before, so any advice/tips? I am going to hit up a couple of local hobby stores to see if they have the wire I need to bend.

Also, for those with a WW, the wire for the spinner motor (Grey/Green I believe), is it daisy chained to any other parts on the game? It seems my Grey/Green is broken somewhere in the harness between the PF and the head. The spinner is the only thing not working on the game, and I REALLY do not want to pull the PF and then rip apart the harness to find the end of the wire. I am thinking about just re-running it and calling it a day.

#371 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Going next Thurs/Fri for Dapper Day and taking a friend and his fiancee to Club 33 for dinner. Should be fun! ...

...Also, for those with a WW, the wire for the spinner motor (Grey/Green I believe), is it daisy chained to any other parts on the game? It seems my Grey/Green is broken somewhere in the harness between the PF and the head. The spinner is the only thing not working on the game, and I REALLY do not want to pull the PF and then rip apart the harness to find the end of the wire. I am thinking about just re-running it and calling it a day.

Brian,

I've been going to D-land two or three times a year since the late '60s, and I've heard lots of stories, rumors, and urban myths about Club 33, but never really looked into it other than pointing it out to people I'm with. Can you shed some light on the mystery of Club 33, or is it like a Freemasons-type thing where you're sworn to secrecy?

Regarding WW: you're talking about the motor that spins the three circles on the pf? The manual shows that is Grey/Orange and shares that wire with the BP Thunder flashers. Isn't there a motor board under the pf, and then from there a ribbon cable to the Sound Overlay Solenoid Board? Have you tried connecting a 9v battery to the servo motor to see if the motor is good?

#372 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Brian,
    The manual shows that is Grey/Orange and shares that wire with the BP Thunder flashers.

Looking at the actual schematics and not the solenoid table, the schematics do show Grey/Green for the spinning wheels. Nothing else shares the Grey/Green for the Sound Overlay Solenoids.

#373 10 years ago

Figured I would post this here too. A member of SacPinballGroup passed away recently and I am helping liquidate his collection and raise money for his daughter.

Pins are located in the Sacramento area

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fafs-pin-collection-to-benefit-daughter-of-fallen-pinhead

#374 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Looking at the actual schematics and not the solenoid table, the schematics do show Grey/Green for the spinning wheels. Nothing else shares the Grey/Green for the Sound Overlay Solenoids.

Thanks! My manual has yet to arrive. The motor works, but the control wire is cut in the harness, beneath the head, but not on the PF. As I said I DO NOT want to yank the PF to find the break, cut apart the harness, fix, etc...I think it would be easier to just re-run and add into the harness. Besides the actuator arm and the spinners, everything else works!

As for Club 33....

Private members only club. Cost is about 50k to join (38k start up, then 11-12k a year). Only place in Disneyland you can purchase alcohol, food is extremely good (on par with high end restaurants), and expensive! (Eating there is about equal to entrance in the park, which used to be included, but is no separate)

The dress code has been relaxed, but for me, if I am paying almost 100/person to eat, I am getting dressed up! (You do get weird looks walking around in a suit and tie)

The members have other perks as well. They can ride in the Lilly Belle when they want to (and other things I can't mention), special events, etc...

In DCA, platinum members have access to 1901, which is a private bar/lounge located in Carthay Circle. The drinks are excellent (Best Manhattan on the planet, IMO is made there), very quiet and private.

I am lucky enough to have a friend who has a membership and have been invited several times. It really is a different experience at the parks all together, and if I was making the kind of money where I could afford it, I would be on the waiting list to become a member!

(Mark I have some pics posted on my FB page. I have been meaning to get them all up, this may have jumpstarted it!)

#375 10 years ago

Thanks! My manual has yet to arrive. ...

...As for Club 33....
    Private members only club. Cost is about 50k to join (38k start up, then 11-12k a year).

Not sure if the pic below helps until your manual arrives, but here ya go. The 11-12K a year is every year?! Yikes!

WWSchematics.jpgWWSchematics.jpg

#376 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Not sure if the pic below helps until your manual arrives, but here ya go. The 11-12K a year is every year?! Yikes!

Thank you Mark!

Yup, every year. About a Tron LE

#377 10 years ago

Old spinner stickers vs the new ones:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#378 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Old spinner stickers vs the new ones:

Woah! Talk about an upgrade!

#379 10 years ago

Not to start up the whole "snap rag flipper" argument again (even though I pretty much am). Anyone else happen to notice around midday a TSPP get posted on CL for 3700$ Coincidence that the ad is gone and now there is a TSPP in a different city on CL for 2250$? I hope that the first one went to someone that really wanted it and isn't simply being flipped hours later. At least play it for a month, clean it up, SOMETHING before you turn around and offer it for 550$ more. Rant over.

#380 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

As for Club 33....
    Private members only club. Cost is about 50k to join (38k start up, then 11-12k a year). Only place in Disneyland you can purchase alcohol, food is extremely good (on par with high end restaurants), and expensive! (Eating there is about equal to entrance in the park, which used to be included, but is now separate)

My old company used to have a membership to Club 33, so I would get to take "clients" (they were actually my friends) a couple of times a year. Back then it also included entrance to the park. The place and the food is awesome; however, I believe they share their kitchen with the Blue Bayou Restaurant. Since I can't get into Club 33 anymore, I always make a point of eating at Blue Bayou (you have to run to make a reservation as soon as the park opens if you're not staying at a resort property). They don't have alcohol, but the food is still excellent.

#381 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Not to start up the whole "snap rag flipper" argument again (even though I pretty much am). Anyone else happen to notice around midday a TSPP get posted on CL for 3700$ Coincidence that the ad is gone and now there is a TSPP in a different city on CL for 2250$? I hope that the first one went to someone that really wanted it and isn't simply being flipped hours later. At least play it for a month, clean it up, SOMETHING before you turn around and offer it for 550$ more. Rant over.

Are you sure it went from 3700 to 2250? I don't think that's how flipping works.

Let me tell you man, save yourself the anxiety. Learn who the notorious flippers are and avoid them as much as possible. I spent years being pissed off at Windex flippers snagging machines that could have gone to a good home, but then I realized they just aren't going to go away. Ever. Even if one somehow got ran outta town, someone would replace them. The deals are out there and you can beat them if you just friend up other collectors. I guarantee you that if you want a game that had a decent run and put the word of mouth out that you're looking for one, people will keep an eye out and help you find what you're looking for without Craigslist ever being involved.

#382 10 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Are you sure it went from 3700 to 2250? I don't think that's how flipping works.

Doh! I misstyped, the second ad is for 4250, so if it is being flipped they make 550$

I hear exactly what you are saying, heck I don't even have the kind of money lying around an old Bally Night Rider commands. But I did email my friend locally thats looking for a new pin. It's just when someone does that its such a douche move, one step up from the guy who posts FIRST in comments sections on websites. Earning money just because you happen to be near a computer, and don't have to work that day (or have a job) just seems like low class.

I have learned who and who not to deal with around here, and like you said the best deals you get are from friends and collectors.

1 week later
    #383 10 years ago

Hey Sacramento pinsiders, I want to join the Sacramento Pinball Group on Yahoo, anyone want to vouch for me? Hope I am not blowing you up by asking on here. I know I am slightly out of the Sacramento area, but have friends and family up there so go up that way often. Thanks in advance!

#384 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Hey Sacramento pinsiders, I want to join the Sacramento Pinball Group on Yahoo, anyone want to vouch for me? Hope I am not blowing you up by asking on here. I know I am slightly out of the Sacramento area, but have friends and family up there so go up that way often. Thanks in advance!

The group has been on approval for a while, just to filter out spammers. I am sure one of the mods will ok you. Just make sure to introduce yourself when you get approved!

#385 10 years ago

Nattied OUT! This 1's for you kieth!
    We gotta start gettin some leagues together NoCal and then BATTLE!
    Steel sharpens Steel!

#386 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

The group has been on approval for a while, just to filter out spammers. I am sure one of the mods will ok you. Just make sure to introduce yourself when you get approved!

Thanks! Will do it tomorrow.

#387 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

We gotta start gettin some leagues together NoCal and then BATTLE!
    Steel sharpens Steel!

*AHEM*

http://www.eastbaypinball.org/rumble/

#388 10 years ago

That sounds so cool! Now I just need a teamate.....WILLIE!

#389 10 years ago

That sounds so cool! Now I just need a teamate.....WILLIE!

I'm in!!! Let's do this

warriors.gifwarriors.gif

#390 10 years ago

Tournament on Tuesday, 9/24, 7PM at Hi-Life Pizza. $5 entry.

More info here:

http://pinballbayarea.com/2013/09/06/tournament-hi-life-924/

See ya there!

hi-lifeposter.jpghi-lifeposter.jpg

#391 10 years ago

Incase anyone is interested have 4 pins for sale / for trade right now (Spy Hunter, Big Guns, Firepower II, Alien Poker project). I prefer trades but will definitely sell them if you want to do that instead:

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/8027

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/7970

#392 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

Incase anyone is interested have 4 pins for sale / for trade right now (Spy Hunter, Big Guns, Firepower II, Alien Poker project). I prefer trades but will definitely sell them if you want to do that instead:

That Big Guns is sooo tempting, but don't think I can let go of my F-14 just yet, Good luck though!

#393 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

I'm in!!! Let's do this

Darn you, PinWillie, you made me watch the whole movie! (it's the whole thing, haha)

-mof

#394 10 years ago

Anyone else got a machine they are thinking of swapping/trading/selling?
    -mof

#395 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Darn you, PinWillie, you made me watch the whole movie! (it's the whole thing, haha)

Warrrrrioorrrrs.... come out and plaaaaaayyyyy!

#396 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Anyone else got a machine they are thinking of swapping/trading/selling?
    -mof

I thought your GF put the foot down, trying to cram ten in now?

#397 10 years ago

Willie and I are team FLIPPIN BIRDS

#398 10 years ago

Hey you with the face !

New lower prices on my pins 4 sale:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-pins-for-sale-for-trade-in-sf-bay-area

#399 10 years ago

Anyone else missing PPE? (Sigh)

#400 10 years ago
    Quoted from missoulaman:

Anyone else missing PPE? (Sigh)

oh yeah. Its such a bummer that the next big pinball event is not until May, that's 8 months away!

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.