Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 168.
    #3901 8 years ago

^ I was surprised it wasn't Punk'd.

Love you guys!

#3902 8 years ago
    Quoted from BK2K:

You just missed out on the Hobbit SE that was added Tuesday.
    There is also a Mario mushroom world and the FG is gone.

image_(resized).jpeg

Wow. Was just there. Will have to stop by and try out Hobbit. Guess Scandia is closest thing we have to a legue here? Ha

#3903 8 years ago

Just dropped the price on my wwe le. 6250 with extras and I can deliver to PAGG.

#3904 8 years ago

bump, for nor cal pinheads. pin a go go in 28 days!

#3905 8 years ago

Does anyone in the SF / East Bay has an industrial ultrasonic cleaner big enough the hold a playfield wire harness?

#3906 8 years ago

On Site EM Help Needed in Lodi

A few months ago I helped resurrect a 65 Williams Ski Club for the Lodi World of Wonders Science Museum. The machine played great for over a month and lately has been having a bunch of troubles. I reviewed the switches on the reset, score reel and ball count stepper but everything seems to be right. I don't want to start adjusting everything without having the correct understanding of the machine because I think I'll just make it worse.

The WoW museum is a non-profit children's museum so I'd rather not call in a tech that will cost them money.

Does anybody have time that could stop by the museum with me and diagnose the problem? I'd be willing to buy you lunch!

A great local tech helped me out today and we got it working. Thanks all!

#3907 8 years ago

Any Elvira or slot machine fans interested in an Elvira slot machine? Great game room item. Shoot me a PM.

#3908 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Any Elvira or slot machine fans interested in an Elvira slot machine? Great game room item. Shoot me a PM.

Aww damn that's tempting

#3909 8 years ago

Has anyone actually sold a game recently? I keep seeing the same games for sale on CL and while the prices are probably not giveaways they don't seem to be out of line either. Are games not selling because the taxman has just taken all extra disposable funds?

#3910 8 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Has anyone actually sold a game recently? I keep seeing the same games for sale on CL and while the prices are probably not giveaways they don't seem to be out of line either. Are games not selling because the taxman has just taken all extra disposable funds?

bring them to pagg. you will most likely sell them there. people are staying away from c/l more and more. to many flakes and people who watch way to much American pickers and pawn stars.

#3911 8 years ago

Hey Guys, I still need volunteers for Pin-a-Go-Go, we're doing a great job signing up but we need more. Pin-a-Go-Go is a big job and it takes a lot of help. If you haven't already send me a pm with your email and I'll send you the link to the signup site. You don't have to signup but you can browse the available positions and see if something would be a good fit for you.

Thanks!

#3912 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

bring them to pagg. you will most likely sell them there. people are staying away from c/l more and more. to many flakes and people who watch way to much American pickers and pawn stars.

That is a great idea. I did have a game for sale but only got interest from people that thought my backside was a tunnel Long story short I had so much fun playing my game while waiting for it to sell that I decided to keep it.

#3913 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Aww damn that's tempting

Game play video I pulled from Youtube. The guy hits the Bonus Round around 1:15. What may not be shown in this video is when you line up at least 3 or 4 matching Elvira portraits they come to life. She'll say something Elvira-esque while shaking her tatas around. Real Cassandra Peterson call outs. Pretty fun slot.

Looking for $1500. Will ship in state via Chris Fox/Sly Fox Shipping.

I'm also looking to sell the holy grail of modern slot machines, yes, that one, which I will only discuss privately via PM.

Basically, they've both been super fun for me and got me hooked. I'm now looking to rotate them for some new/different ones.

#3914 8 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

That is a great idea. I did have a game for sale but only got interest from people that thought my backside was a tunnel Long story short I had so much fun playing my game while waiting for it to sell that I decided to keep it.

Hillarious! I can SO relate. Keep it or PaGG it. I would rather turn into a pin hoarder than try my hand selling something like a pinball machine on Craigslist.

#3915 8 years ago

This just shows how NorCal Pinheads are the best. 5 new volunteers signups since my last post. Keep up the good work guys!

#3916 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Hillarious! I can SO relate. Keep it or PaGG it. I would rather turn into a pin hoarder than try my hand selling something like a pinball machine on Craigslist.

where are you located at? there are many local leagues that are laid back and fun. you should try to make it to one if you can. its a great way to meet other local pinheads.

#3917 8 years ago

Ghostbusters @ 510Pizza in oakland (formerly Hi-Life).

Message me with any issues & i'll get them fixed quickly.

I'm thinking it may need longer flippers.

#3918 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

where are you located at? there are many local leagues that are laid back and fun. you should try to make it to one if you can. its a great way to meet other local pinheads.

Woodland!

#3919 8 years ago

I'm in rancho cordova.

Cool. Look for me at pin a go go.
    See you there.

#3920 8 years ago

Solano Pinball League meets in Vacaville/Fairfield every other week. Approx 20-25 participants with three different hosts to help with the league. If you want more info PM me or talk with me at Pinagogo.

#3921 8 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Solano Pinball League meets in Vacaville/Fairfield every other week. Approx 20-25 participants with three different hosts to help with the league. If you want more info PM me or talk with me at Pinagogo.

Thanks! PM sent.

#3922 8 years ago

Did anyone notice the CL ad for a multi family garage sale in Brentwood/Antioch yesterday?

sfbay.craigslist.org link

They listed 2 pinball machines, a 24 and Theater of Magic. I contacted the CL ad last night and was told both of the games were tentatively sold before the sale even started today.

Coincidentally, these exact two games were posted on Pinside Market by a seller in Walnut Creek claiming to have owned both of these games for 5 years. The new seller claims they have been in a spare bedroom, but the CL ad shows them side by side in a garage.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33678

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33679

This is one heck of a coincidence.

00T0T_5fdd2gTHykX_600x450_(resized).jpg00T0T_5fdd2gTHykX_600x450_(resized).jpg
    00L0L_fdiuFkuRpvG_600x450_(resized).jpg00L0L_fdiuFkuRpvG_600x450_(resized).jpg

#3923 8 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

"Oh, and there's just one more thing..."

#3924 8 years ago

I just went to that

Quoted from RTS:Did anyone notice the CL ad for a multi family garage sale in Brentwood/Antioch yesterday?
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    They listed 2 pinball machines, a 24 and Theater of Magic. I contacted the CL ad last night and was told both of the games were tentatively sold before the sale even started today.
    Coincidentally, these exact two games were posted on Pinside Market by a seller in Walnut Creek claiming to have owned both of these games for 5 years. The new seller claims they have been in a spare bedroom, but the CL ad shows them side by side in a garage.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33678
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/33679

Just went to the guys house met him and wife. Games were in garage as shown on craigslist ad. Sold the TOM to someone in Fairfield for $5000 Said it was HUO. (bummed) Sold fast. The 24 was also sold. Same buyer. Buyer was going to come back later for payment and pick up. Game was perfect.

#3925 8 years ago

Well I took the 1 and a half hour drive to hi-life pizza to try my hands at GB pro and the electricity was out at the place. Just my luck!

So heads up to anyone going out that way. I'm guessing it will be out until monday. I was told it went out last night.

On the other hand FGW was great and the Hobbit is a glorious machine. I don't know how it's getting any slack from anyone.

#3926 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

I don't know how it's getting any slack from anyone.

Yeah I have heard some say it maybe the best layout of all time, really looking forward to playing it at Pin-a-Go-Go.

#3927 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, my buddy and I were going to head up there tomorrow to play. Dang, really wanted to play, had the ghostbusters theme song stuck in my head for 2 days

#3928 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Well I took the 1 and a half hour drive to hi-life pizza to try my hands at GB pro and the electricity was out at the place. Just my luck!
    So heads up to anyone going out that way. I'm guessing it will be out until monday. I was told it went out last night.
    On the other hand FGW was great and the Hobbit is a glorious machine. I don't know how it's getting any slack from anyone.

Yeah, I had the same experience.
    I took the opportunity to look at every inch of the playfield for over 30 minutes waiting for PG&E to show up with no good news.
    Ugggg, so close

#3929 8 years ago

Ready to sell my Iron Man Vault Edition. Any interest in the Santa Cruz area?

IM02_(resized).jpgIM02_(resized).jpg

#3930 8 years ago
    #3931 8 years ago

GB is at Free Gold Watch today is word on the street FYI. Gestalt said this week but I trust my FGW intel more

And launch party is on May 1st at FGW too

#3932 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Just went to the guys house met him and wife. Games were in garage as shown on craigslist ad. Sold the TOM to someone in Fairfield for $5000 Said it was HUO. (bummed) Sold fast. The 24 was also sold. Same buyer. Buyer was going to come back later for payment and pick up. Game was perfect.

And now they are for sale in San Rafael...

ebay.com link: Stern 24 Pinball Machine HUO Great Condition Clean Shipping Ok

ebay.com link: Theatre Of Magic Pinball Machine HUO tiger Saw Mod Clean Shipping Ok

For being owned many years and HUO they sure do get around...

#3933 8 years ago

FYI, as of last night Ghostbusters was up and running again at Hi-Life.

#3934 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

GB is at Free Gold Watch today is word on the street FYI. Gestalt said this week but I trust my FGW intel more

I visited Free Gold Watch yesterday and it wasn't there- and the guy working there said it wouldn't be there until May, FWIW.

#3935 8 years ago

When I was at FGW Saturday word was GB will be there this week. Thought was early as in today, monday.

#3936 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

ebay.com link » Stern 24 Pinball Machine Huo Great Condition Clean Shipping Ok
    ebay.com link » Theatre Of Magic Pinball Machine Huo Tiger Saw Mod Clean Shipping Ok

Paying market prices and hoping to magically resell for a lot more is pretty stupid.

#3937 8 years ago

It's at FGW and Hi-Life now. Hi-Life is still recovering from their electrical problems so only Ghostbusters, KISS, Game of Thrones, and Melody are working right now but the rest should be fixed later tonight.

#3938 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

ebay.com link » Theatre Of Magic Pinball Machine Huo Tiger Saw Mod Clean Shipping Ok

Cause they are probably not HUO....anyways better than the 15k one of the other Bay Area Flippers is trying to score.

#3939 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Cause they are probably not HUO....anyways better than the 15k one of the other Bay Area Flippers is trying to score.

I know the TOM is not HUO. I sold that machine to Rich (the guy who just sold it to the guy in San Rafael) back in 2011. It was a nice machine, but not HUO.

#3940 8 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

I know the TOM is not HUO. I sold that machine to Rich (the guy who just sold it to the guy in San Rafael) back in 2011. It was a nice machine, but not HUO.

BAM.

#3941 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Not sure if they're the same pins... when I contacted the Seller he said they were sold to 1 guy for $8500 for the pair.

#3942 8 years ago

Who pays $6895 for TOM? I was surprised someone paid $5000

#3943 8 years ago

Everyone,

Kicking around the idea of letting go of a few pins possibly. (Most likely ES and WW)

What seems to be the going rate on an ES now? Cab is not the greatest, but solid. PF has some wear where there is no mylar, but it is less than what I have seen. New ramps, LEDs, sinking building mod, repro BG, and a 2nd pf would be included. (Repro BG depends on how close to the asking price I get.) Thinking 2.5k, or 2k without BG and PF. Is this fair?

The WW is not finished yet, but it is an original early production DP with the 'W' sticker over the cubs symbol on the hat. It will have new ramps, upgraded flippers, LEDs, lit scoops, etc.. Cab is a players cab, not mint by any means but not the worst either. No idea on the value, but it will be somewhere between 2.5-3k if I sell.

(This is not a for sure thing, but would like to sell a few and get something like an IJ, STTNG, etc..)

#3944 8 years ago

Still looking to trade a rough players condition Rollergames. Everything works. I'm looking for a space themed game +/- cash as needed. Pinbot or Space shuttle would be awesome.

#3945 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Still looking to trade a rough players condition Rollergames. Everything works. I'm looking for a space themed game +/- cash as needed. Pinbot or Space shuttle would be awesome.
    » YouTube video

Boogies,

My sister is in West Sacramento, loves roller derby, and is looking for a pin. IM me for quote on price if you want to let Rollergames go.

Thanks,
    G

#3946 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

Boogies,
    My sister is in West Sacramento, loves roller derby, and is looking for a pin. IM me for quote on price if you want to let Rollergames go.
    Thanks,
    G

Who does she skate for and what is her Derby name??

#3947 8 years ago

She isn't on a team, she does crossfit and back in the day ranked top ten in the nation for track cycling. She works for Mikes Bikes.

#3948 8 years ago

Time to thin down the herd again. I have a decent player's condition Stargate that I am ready to part with. It has a brand new driver board (original from PBR), new flipper board, new light rope, new rubber kit installed, and most of the bulbs were replaced throughout. I would say its a 100% except that the sound sometimes squelches or makes odd tones (usually only when its cold). Not sure if there is an easy fix but at least it doesn't affect game play. The moving ship works good and the DMD looks good. There are the usually playfield wear spots (I have taken pictures of the main three places) and it looks like something spilled on the translight at one point as it's stuck to the glass. The cabinet has the usual dents and dings but overall looks really good and is still nice and bright.

Pinside says average price is $2100 and I have seen many listed over $2500. That seems pretty high for mine given the wear so I feel that $1700 is reasonable for condition.

Pictures can be seen here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C78A1739B5E40D38!7702&authkey=!ADLgCcGIJ0IEKYA&ithint=folder%2cjpg

#3949 7 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

GB is at Gestalt as of yesterday.

#3950 7 years ago

Looking to see if I can acquire a nice White Water before mother's day for my wife. Any one have one they are looking to sell in Nor Cal?

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/79?hl=nforge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.