(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 168.
    #3851 8 years ago

Ok, which one of you jokers posted this:
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

#3852 8 years ago

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

#3853 8 years ago

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

#3854 8 years ago

Removed already?

Some guy selling. Roadshow, saying nobody under 30 to purchase, and no losers. Figured it had to be a gag

#3855 8 years ago

No buyers under 30, serious inquiries only, No Losers! Yes this means if you live in Sacramento don't inquire to buy. If you were not looking for a Road Show before looking at this post them don't inquire, no throw backs if you have responded to more then 6 pinball posts in past 7days don't inquire your a loser and stop breathing Spare the rest of us from your stupidity.
    do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
    post id: 5497642730 posted: 2016-03-18 4:54pm email to friend ♥ best of [?]

#3856 8 years ago

Any pinsiders headed to Pacific Pinball museum today? I'll be there late afternoon until close. Come say hi.

#3857 8 years ago

Hi,
    I have to repair a ghosting problem under clearcoat. I've read Vid's thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration/page/2#post-551833) but I don't know where to find some ppg JC661 with hardener to do the job. Is there anyone here in the bay area that have already this stuff ?

Thanks.
    Leo.

#3858 8 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Any pinsiders headed to Pacific Pinball museum today? I'll be there late afternoon until close. Come say hi.

What did you think. I went there last weekend and was very disappointed. They told us there was some sort of remodel going on and all of the dmd games were in one room. Well that was true..one small room with horrible lighting reflecting on all the games right at the flippers. Only about 1/2 the games were there from the last time I was there and the ones that were there, many had problems such and dead flippers, stuck flippers, etc. They actually gave us some of our money back when we left. It was bad... I hope that was just a temporary glitch as last few times I was there it was great.

#3859 8 years ago

I can assure you the remodel is temporary. I'm not a fan of the disruption myself, and am looking forward to things getting back to normal .

I'm guessing the machines that are in the front room are *really* getting worked over, with the back room closed. Repairs are done weekly (many of us attend fixit nights on Mondays, and come from pretty far away).

#3860 8 years ago

I had to drive to Santa Rosa area yesterday, and I stopped at Scandia in Rohnert Park on my way home. All the games I played seemed to be working 100%, and a few had ColorDMD upgrades. Also, I'm not sure if they had upgraded speakers, but ACDC Prem, Tron LE, ST Pro, and Met Pro seemed to really BOOM with sound!

Line-up as of yesterday:

ACDC Prem
    FG
    WoZ (GI seemed to be out; it was very dark)
    Tron Le
    MET Pro
    LOTR
    POTC
    ST Pro
    XM LE
    IM

#3861 8 years ago
    Quoted from papazit1963:

What did you think. I went there last weekend and was very disappointed. They told us there was some sort of remodel going on and all of the dmd games were in one room. Well that was true..one small room with horrible lighting reflecting on all the games right at the flippers. Only about 1/2 the games were there from the last time I was there and the ones that were there, many had problems such and dead flippers, stuck flippers, etc. They actually gave us some of our money back when we left. It was bad... I hope that was just a temporary glitch as last few times I was there it was great.

Diffidently temporary. I have a pass to get in and they didn't even punch my card. Usually the games that are on the floor are all working with the exception of 1 or 2 games, if that. I totally agree with what you stated in the above. I noticed those things too. But, I'm friends with Michael Schiess (arn't we all?) and I know this is only temporary. I was a little disappointed so many of the dmd games were out. But, Indiana Jones was working and so was Theater of Magic. Two games I love and will never be able to afford. Plus there wasn't a lot of people in there either. All in all, still had a great time. I would recommend that if someone is going for the first time, to wait until construction is done and all the games are all loaded back in there.

#3862 8 years ago

I chuckle when I read the comments about PPM because My son and I recently went for the first time so we knew no different. Just figured that was the way it was set up!
    Guess we will have to go back after the remodel knowing it can get even better!!

#3863 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I can assure you the remodel is temporary. I'm not a fan of the disruption myself, and am looking forward to things getting back to normal .
    I'm guessing the machines that are in the front room are *really* getting worked over, with the back room closed. Repairs are done weekly (many of us attend fixit nights on Mondays, and come from pretty far away).

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything the PPM does. I just thought if anyone was planning on a long trip there they should know the current status. I was lucky I just happened to be driving home from SF.

Mike

#3864 8 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I chuckle when I read the comments about PPM because My son and I recently went for the first time so we knew no different. Just figured that was the way it was set up!
    Guess we will have to go back after the remodel knowing it can get even better!!

Do go back. It's really an awesome place when it's running at full capacity.

Mike

#3865 8 years ago

Give it another week or so. Alas, after TPF, I'm too tuckered out to drive all the way up to Alameda in rush hour; so I don't know the current state of things. That said, this is the announcement on their web site:

The back portion of the museum will be closed for renovations from March 15th through March 25th, but the museum will remain open! The pinball machines will be moved to the front of the museum and will still be accessible to play during this time. However, this will fill up the party rooms so they cannot be reserved for parties during the renovation.

Please check back on March 26th to see the improvements!

#3866 8 years ago

Hello,everybody,well as we all know PAGG is just around the corner,so,Chedder,asked me to get any contributions for the Tool Chest,for the silent auction! If you are in Shasta County,and you wanna contribute a item for the Chest,PM me and i'll come pick it up! we got about 4 weeks till i need to get these items to Mary Pierce who is in charge of the silent auction! So sorry to hear about the Pacific coast pinball museum! It's a fun way to pass the day,hope you'll return Hope to hear from all of you soon,i'm personally donating a sheet of PDI glass,if it ever shows up! SO lets do it!! Thanks,peace!!!

#3867 8 years ago

I'm looking to trade a players rollergames for a Space themed pin.
    Open to EMs and players quality ok.

RollerGames pics:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xISww1k3LZMHRfUkktM05OZTg

#3868 8 years ago

Ripley's Believe It Or Not
    If you are looking for a nice example of this pin, send me a PM
    I just finished getting everything working perfect and plan to sell in the near future.

#3869 8 years ago

Unfortunately, my DMOS at Phoenix Games in Concord needed to be pulled for service. I replaced it with something pretty cool though. A gorgeous (HUO I'm told) WWF Royal Rumble with a perfect playfield, prototype translight, Jumbotron LCD Mod, LED lighting and a shaker motor. It is freshly serviced with snappy flippers and pop bumpers, polished and waxed, and technically HUO no more . Enjoy!

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

#3870 8 years ago

Does anyone have a good contact email addy for PPM? (other than the generic form on their website)

Had a question about my membership but would prefer to email VS call.

#3871 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I'm looking to trade a players rollergames for a Space themed pin.
    Open to EMs and players quality ok.
    RollerGames pics:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xISww1k3LZMHRfUkktM05OZTg

Bump for Rollergames trade... Space theme desired.

#3872 8 years ago

Duplicate post

#3873 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Does anyone have a good contact email addy for PPM? (other than the generic form on their website)
    Had a question about my membership but would prefer to email VS call.

Their generic form actually does reach Michael or Jeanie. Last time I used it, Michael responded in ~20 minutes. Lucky timing I'm sure but I know it works.

#3874 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Their generic form actually does reach Michael or Jeanie. Last time I used it, Michael responded in ~20 minutes. Lucky timing I'm sure but I know it works.

Thanks I will give it a try

#3875 8 years ago

JJP Hobbit on location @ Radio Bar in Oakland - 435 13th St. 4pm-2am daily.
    Game issues - PM me & I'll fix them quickly.

#3876 8 years ago

You just missed out on the Hobbit SE that was added Tuesday.
    There is also a Mario mushroom world and the FG is gone.

Quoted from Sparky:

I had to drive to Santa Rosa area yesterday, and I stopped at Scandia in Rohnert Park on my way home. All the games I played seemed to be working 100%, and a few had ColorDMD upgrades. Also, I'm not sure if they had upgraded speakers, but ACDC Prem, Tron LE, ST Pro, and Met Pro seemed to really BOOM with sound!
    Line-up as of yesterday:
    ACDC Prem
    FG
    WoZ (GI seemed to be out; it was very dark)
    Tron Le
    MET Pro
    LOTR
    POTC
    ST Pro
    XM LE
    IM

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3877 8 years ago

Stupid double post.
    Doing this on my phone didn't work out so good.

#3878 8 years ago
    Quoted from tjbeyer:

JJP Hobbit on location

I have to say, yours is the best profile pictures EVER! totally made me laugh. Thanks

#3879 8 years ago
    Quoted from BK2K:

image_(resized).jpeg

Damn! I don't know when I'm heading that way again!

#3880 8 years ago

Just got in my second gameplan cocktail! Now to get one of them working...

KIMG0118_(resized).JPGKIMG0118_(resized).JPG

#3881 8 years ago

The flyers for those two cocktail pins are AMAZING!!

#3882 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

The flyers for those two cocktail pins are AMAZING!!

You're right.

Oh hey, there's a hot lady standing here... (wearing fur, mind you...)
    Oh wait -- nevermind I gotta finish my game.
    Who does that?

-mof

#3883 8 years ago

Yeah, a white fur after Labor Day.
    What the hell was she thinking?

#3884 8 years ago

I have a Popeye and JD I'm looking to do a 2 for 1 on a higher ranked pinball or sell individually. Both operate as should. The Popeye is in excellent shape with topper. The JD has one broken plastic (crack near tower 1) and a scratch across the translite that some idiot then ran a black permanent marker over. $2400 each or 2 for 1.

Also looking for a ball bowler or shuffle bowler.

#3885 8 years ago

I've got a Ripley's Believe It Or Not for sale in the Santa Cruz area.
    You can find it listed in the market.
    Very good condition.

Thanks
    JD

rbion01_(resized).jpgrbion01_(resized).jpg

#3886 8 years ago

you guys want to move those games? pin a go go is the perfect place to do it. 39 days until pin a go go.

#3887 8 years ago
    Quoted from BK2K:

image_(resized).jpeg

I played it....ball was real floaty, donno if its set up correctly. Nice looking game, the talking dragon is cool. I hear they might be getting ghostbusters....

#3888 8 years ago

Weird, my games were quite fast and crazy.
    Its a widebody with such a wide open playfield that I wonder if a little floaty feeling is just going to be normal.
    I have seen others post about the floaty feeling about different machines so its possibly the design on the game.
    I will just have to play it more to get a better feel.

Quoted from Sborel:

I played it....ball was real floaty, donno if its set up correctly. Nice looking game, the talking dragon is cool. I hear they might be getting ghostbusters....

#3889 8 years ago

Anybody have a Pinbot they're willing to part with?

#3890 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hotelone:

Anybody have a Pinbot they're willing to part with?

Sending PM

#3891 8 years ago

Any JJP Hobbits in the Bay Area? Please post. thanks

#3892 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Any JJP Hobbits in the Bay Area? Please post. thanks

From TJ:

#3893 8 years ago

There's a hobbit in the front (pay to play) area at the pinball museum in alameda as well

#3894 8 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Quoted from practicalsteve:

There's a hobbit in the front (pay to play) area at the pinball museum in alameda as well

Thanks...Any in SF?

#3895 8 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thanks...Any in SF?

Yep - at Free Gold Watch

#3896 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

you guys want to move those games? pin a go go is the perfect place to do it. 39 days until pin a go go.

As usual, Mr Gone is all over this. I'm totally new to this. I don't know if I'm supposed to post here or on the market place. I have pins to sell, but would like to do most of them before PAGG. Local pick up only. Cash and carry....
    BBB. Absolutely gorgeous. Very low plays. Green rails and "stuff". Purple coin box and "stuff". Lot's of extras...
    Tron LE. Chrome of course, plus chrome coin door. Again. Very low plays, with lot's of extras.
    Scared Stiff. Routed,but in good shape. Glow in the dark. Lot's of extras...
    Many other pins. We are not broke. We just have no money.
    We just want a fair price. Not sure what that is. Our many friends will protect us.
    Ok. About a hundred people just figured out who we are....

#3898 8 years ago

LOL, welcome to pinside pinpoor! Looking forward to catching up with ya at the show.

#3899 8 years ago

Nice User name! You should have used Pinrich/Cashpoor!

#3900 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

As usual, Mr Gone is all over this. I'm totally new to this. I don't know if I'm supposed to post here or on the market place. I have pins to sell, but would like to do most of them before PAGG. Local pick up only. Cash and carry....
    BBB. Absolutely gorgeous. Very low plays. Green rails and "stuff". Purple coin box and "stuff". Lot's of extras...
    Tron LE. Chrome of course, plus chrome coin door. Again. Very low plays, with lot's of extras.
    Scared Stiff. Routed,but in good shape. Glow in the dark. Lot's of extras...
    Many other pins. We are not broke. We just have no money.
    We just want a fair price. Not sure what that is. Our many friends will protect us.
    Ok. About a hundred people just figured out who we are....

By the way, I love your FS posts...a little history, nostalgia, a little drama, and the honest truth! Love you, buddy! See you Sunday!

There are 8,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.