(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 168.
    #3351 8 years ago

Anyone making their way down to San Diego area in the near future and be willing to take a machine down and pick up and bring back another? The guy I'm exchanging with and I would split the cost to pay you.

I've had a phone number for years for a guy named Chuck who I was told was a pin mover, but I've never used him. Anyone know if he still does it?

#3352 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Isn't Reno closer to you than Sacramento?
    Make a day trip. Stop at cabelas/schills and pick up glass.
    There are also some good location pinball spots there.

Get yourself some Naptha too!

#3353 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Get yourself some Naptha too!

pretty naptha is now illegal in Nevada also.... Im milking the last of what I have....

#3354 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

pretty naptha is now illegal in Nevada also.... Im milking the last of what I have....

Nope. Got a bunch there about three weeks ago.

#3355 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Nope. Got a bunch there about three weeks ago.

dang I guess ill have to make a trip

#3356 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

dang I guess ill have to make a trip

Amazon will still ship it I believe

#3357 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Anyone making their way down to San Diego area in the near future and be willing to take a machine down and pick up and bring back another? The guy I'm exchanging with and I would split the cost to pay you.
    I've had a phone number for years for a guy named Chuck who I was told was a pin mover, but I've never used him. Anyone know if he still does it?

I had a game hauled by an old guy named Chuck years ago. He hauled a Tempest arcade game from LA to Reno for $75. He said he was about to retire when he was here though, and I haven't heard anything since then. He regularly made trips from southern ca to northern ca and reno in his pickup pulling a big trailer. Not sure if it is the same guy, but he provided one of the best delivery services I have ever heard of.

#3358 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Isn't Reno closer to you than Sacramento?
    Make a day trip. Stop at cabelas/schills and pick up glass.
    There are also some good location pinball spots there.

BAA's site has shown out of stock for regular sized playfield glass for a while now.

#3359 8 years ago

If you make the trip to Reno you can get standard size tempered glass for about $35 per sheet from Century Glass on Zinc St in Reno. I just picked up 2 of them for under $75 and they look great.

#3360 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Pinballholder has a guy bringing some games up in the next couple weeks. Maybe he can haul some back for you

#3361 8 years ago

WOZLE price drop $7500

#3362 8 years ago

Just a reminder that the POP (Pinball Outreach Project) charity tournament is at Gestalt Haus on Wednesday in SF.

Support a great cause and you can start as early as 3pm. Details here: http://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/view.php?id=10952 - if you need tips on Gestalt machines check out Pintips.net or ask me, LAW or EJW

#3363 8 years ago

Semi - OT:
    I'm working on a MAME Rotary Arcade cab. Anybody happen to have a 2 player, 6 button control panel?

I have a 2 pl, 2 button control panel and want to upgrade. I can offer it in trade (w/cash as needed), or straight purchase.
    1442964001450-893306610.jpg1442964001450-893306610.jpg

#3364 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I'm working on a MAME Rotary Arcade cab.

Wow, after hearing about this cab, neat to actually see it. Looks sharp man!

#3365 8 years ago

Hey NorCal friends. I want to play a DM for a while. I have a super nice JD with a color dmd in it that you can play while I borrow your DM.

Any takers?

#3366 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Wow, after hearing about this cab, neat to actually see it. Looks sharp man!

Thanks. I worked a bit on it this am. I can go from vertical to horizontal in about 2 mins.
    The 6 button CP will enable fighter games.
    With current CP, there's no reason to go horizontal.
    I've been super stoked to be able to have a 21.3" 4:3 LCD. All the games will have the correct aspect ratio with a larger monitor.

#3367 8 years ago

----BUMP----

Oktoberfest Pins & Pints Party...

We will be hosting our 2nd Annual Oktoberfest event at the house on October 3rd. All Norcal Pinheads are welcome I just ask that you rsvp ahead of time so I can plan on how much food we may need.

We plan on bbq'n during the event (Brats, Burgers, Dogs), having snacks, playing pins and just relaxing with other people who enjoy playing pinball. The catch for the Oktoberfest event, if you attend, will be to bring a 12-pack of some off the wall brand name of beer for all to enjoy during the event and have fun.

The event will start at 2:00pm and last until ??...

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message

Hope to see you there.

Loren & Yvette

#3368 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Semi - OT:
    I'm working on a MAME Rotary Arcade cab. Anybody happen to have a 2 player, 6 button control panel?
    I have a 2 pl, 2 button control panel and want to upgrade. I can offer it in trade (w/cash as needed), or straight purchase.
    1442964001450-893306610.jpg

I can tell you they do not make a 6 button two player control panel for that type of dynamo cabinet. They make a 2 player 4 button panel like the one you have (if you look on the backside of the control panel there is room for more buttons, just the CPO is covering them.)

#3369 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I can tell you they do not make a 6 button two player control panel for that type of dynamo cabinet.

My last Z-back cabinet had a CP that looked the same (except for button layout). I thought that it might be swappable. Just now, I did a google search for "Dynamo Cabinet" and most of the pics are with a 6 button layout.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

They make a 2 player 4 button panel like the one you have (if you look on the backside of the control panel there is room for more buttons, just the CPO is covering them.)

Currently, my CP is a 2 player, 4 button (2 button, daisy chained to left and right). There are no "untapped" holes underneath the artwork.

Redoing a custom CP is basically work that I would rather skip on. I know that I "could" rebuild this into a 6 button layout.
    I'd have to re-drill new holes, fill the old holes, sand, paint, etc...
    It almost sounds fun enough to do, if I can't find a 2 player, 6 button for a cabinet that is similar that I could work with.

#3370 8 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

My last Z-back cabinet had a CP that looked the same (except for button layout). I thought that it might be swappable. Just now, I did a google search for "Dynamo Cabinet" and most of the pics are with a 6 button layout.

Currently, my CP is a 2 player, 4 button (2 button, daisy chained to left and right). There are no "untapped" holes underneath the artwork.
    Redoing a custom CP is basically work that I would rather skip on. I know that I "could" rebuild this into a 6 button layout.
    I'd have to re-drill new holes, fill the old holes, sand, paint, etc...
    It almost sounds fun enough to do, if I can't find a 2 player, 6 button for a cabinet that is similar that I could work with.

Dyanmo cabs and z back cabinets all have control panels that look identical, but they are all different sized cabinets and the control panels don't swap between the different cabinets.. From your pictures I am assuming your control panel measures 22" and some change? that appears to be the smaller of the dynamo cabinets, I used to have one and searched for a 6 button layout like you want and after hunting and hunting and some research discovered none were made for those cabinets. Your cabinet looks like an HS-1 from the pics, the cabinet you want is a HS-5, those have the 6 button panels. You could always fill and redrill, actually if you want a 6 button layout that is really your only choice. Here is a link to some info on the different cabinet styles.

http://www.drzero.org/videogames/dynamo/

#3371 8 years ago

Monster Bash for sale

*Original artwork
    *Pinball bulbs led kit w/ spot light and Led strip under back box and at flippers
    *black pin blades
    *cliffy protectors
    *color dmd
    *near perfect drac Trac
    *near perfect shooter lane
    $9500

20150813_141141-1.jpg20150813_141141-1.jpg
    20150813_141122.jpg20150813_141122.jpg

#3372 8 years ago

May trade for Metallica LE or Premium.

#3373 8 years ago

Woah, Pizza Depot is closed? Just noticed all the pins are gone on the Bay Area Pinball Map. First Tasty Subs (well, they're not closed but all pins gone), now Pizza Depot... The south bay is a desert now in terms of good locations with multiple pins to play

#3374 8 years ago

That is one nice Monsterbash Frogman. Good luck on your sale.

#3375 8 years ago

Fire at Fanny Anns last night. Hopefully games are ok. (Hopefully everyone made it out safe!)

#3376 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Fire at Fanny Anns last night. Hopefully games are ok. (Hopefully everyone made it out safe!)

there is no news anywhere on the net with this. can you post a news link?

#3377 8 years ago

Looking for The Shadow, Congo, or Judge Dredd. Message me.

#3378 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

there is no news anywhere on the net with this. can you post a news link?

I saw it on the sac fd twitter feed, and friend emailed me about it. May have been too minor to cover.

#3379 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I saw it on the sac fd twitter feed, and friend emailed me about it. May have been too minor to cover.

cool, thanks.

#3380 8 years ago

Price drop on MB $9,000

20150813_141122.jpg20150813_141122.jpg

#3381 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I spoke with manager this morning, all games are ok. Front door of building is damaged. They are open now.

#3382 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

I spoke with manager this morning, all games are ok. Front door of building is damaged. They are open now.

Excellent news!

#3383 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

Great News!

#3384 8 years ago

Selling my Meteor. Has a minor sound issue that I am going to try and resolve, but I don't think it is anything serious.
    FullSizeRender-5.jpgFullSizeRender-5.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpgFullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpgFullSizeRender-4.jpg

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#3385 8 years ago

Yeah, it's too bad about Pizza Depot closing. Here's some pix from the last BAPA league night there before they closed in August.

Farther south there's still 8 pins in good playable condition at SJ Sportsplex, so still one oasis in the desert.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Quoted from andre060:Woah, Pizza Depot is closed? Just noticed all the pins are gone on the Bay Area Pinball Map. First Tasty Subs (well, they're not closed but all pins gone), now Pizza Depot... The south bay is a desert now in terms of good locations with multiple pins to play

#3386 8 years ago
    Quoted from kerokero:

Yeah, it's too bad about Pizza Depot closing. Here's some pix from the last BAPA league night there before they closed in August.

Does anyone know why they closed? I couldn't find any details.

Still surprised that no barcade has opened in the south bay/peninsula. Craft cocktails, beer and retro gaming seem like the perfect combination for the tech crowd down here.

#3387 8 years ago

Long shot, but hoping someone might have an extra standoff I can buy like the one in the pic. It doesn't have the locking plastic nubs like the ones that go into plastics, and haven't had any luck at the normal sources..image.jpgimage.jpg

#3388 8 years ago

Cut the nubs off or cut out of long one.

#3389 8 years ago
    Quoted from Out-West:

Cut the nubs off or cut out of long one.

They are slightly different heights, but ended up cutting three of em, saving the two in case I find one some day.

#3390 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

They are slightly different heights, but ended up cutting three of em, saving the two in case I find one some day.

What is the measurement? Marco has 1/4"

#3391 8 years ago

I am headed down to san jose for the weekend today. I plan on hitting the pacific pinball museum, are there any other really good places to play pinball?

#3393 8 years ago

Free Gold Watch.

#3394 8 years ago

FGW for condition, and some really great titles.

PPM for variety and play all you want for one entry price. The machines there can use more TLC; maintenance is an all volunteer deal. Wide variety from 50s to present.

My one visit to play land was unimpressive. At least for my visit most machines were nearly unplayable. I have not gone back to see if things changed or if my visit was a fluke.

Visiting Phoenix Games in Concord has been on my bucket list since their last move.

Depending on how my server rebuild is going this weekend I might be willing to open up my collection not far from San Jose. I always look for an excuse. pm me if interested for Saturday or Sunday.

#3395 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I am headed down to san jose for the weekend today. I plan on hitting the pacific pinball museum, are there any other really good places to play pinball?

High life pizza in Oakland has a good line up and beer. Do you know about the pinball map?

http://pinballmap.com/bayarea

#3396 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Phoenix Games in Concord
    Free Gold Watch in SF

Jfesler's game room

#3397 8 years ago

The Sportsplex in South San Jose has the following line-up, if memory serves.

Bobby Orr Power Play
    High Speed
    WCS
    BSD
    Scared Stiff
    White Water
    SW EP1
    ST Pro

Game are well maintained.

#3398 8 years ago

Yeah I know about pinball map in fact I'm the admin for the Redding area, I was mainly asking here cause knowing my luck I would pick a location and it would be a dive lol my going to try and check out a couple of the places listed above thanks guy!

#3399 8 years ago

SOT: I got up a Guerrilla War arcade from Shovelhed a month or so ago... I just got done modding it out - it's pretty much complete with the exception of some software work (like adding the jukebox).
    If you have a couple mins, check it out and let me know what ya think

#3400 8 years ago

Set to private

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.