(Topic ID: 52291)

Nor Cal Pinheads thread

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 168.
    #3051 8 years ago

Em: fireball
    Gottlieb: spirit
    Bally: flash gordon
    Williams: funhouse
    Stern: LOTR

This is super hard because for bally I really wanted to put TZ but no collection is finished unless there is an 80s bally in it. Runner up would be centuar. Other hard part is no classic stern.

Williams seems so easy but when I got to it I totally blanked. Is funhouse the right pick? Idk. AFM is high on the list for me but its a fan like Lotr. Cant have that similar of a game in a 5 game collection. Williams is just too broad. I need one sys6-9, one sys11, and one wpc for sure. Even that is hard.

#3052 8 years ago

Fanny Anns Saloon will be getting a KISS pro.

#3053 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

you know where my allowance is going. THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait.

#3054 8 years ago

EM:el dorado
    Gottlieb: Stargate
    Bally:special force
    Williams:getaway
    Stern:Metallica

#3055 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

will you just be adding kiss or will you be taking out another game to make room?

#3056 8 years ago

EM: El Dorado (but I really don't know my EMs, so...)
    Gottlieb: Black Hole
    Bally: Centaur
    Williams: Diner
    Stern: STLE

-mof

#3057 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

EM: El Dorado (but I really don't know my EMs, so...)
    Gottlieb: Black Hole
    Bally: Centaur
    Williams: Diner
    Stern: STLE
    -mof

No surprises there, I think El Dorado would be a good one for you.

Quoted from Sborel:

EM:el dorado
    Gottlieb: Stargate
    Bally:special force
    Williams:getaway
    Stern:Metallica

Special force is now my white whale, never gotten to play one.

#3058 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Em, surfer,surf champ.
    Tx sector
    Whirlwind
    Stern Star Trek pro
    Rfm

TX Sector! So good!

#3059 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

will you just be adding kiss or will you be taking out another game to make room?

Looks like Southpark is going to be rotated out. Manager wants multicade to stay put.

#3060 8 years ago

EM: Mars Trek
    Gottlieb: TX-Sector
    Bally: Attack From Mars
    Williams: Monster Bash
    Stern: Spider-Man

#3061 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

EM: Mars Trek
    Gottlieb: TX-Sector
    Bally: Attack from Mars
    Williams: Monster Bash
    Stern: Spider-Man

Lot of TX sector love, which would be my second choice of gottliebs.

#3062 8 years ago

Tomorrow night we are kicking off a new league in Old Sacramento. The league is being hosted at Fanny Ann's Saloon. Play starts at 6:30pm! More details on the website here: http://powertothepinball.com/oldsac.html

It's a public location so you can show up any time to warm up, grab a drink, and have some good grub. Sign ups start around 6:00pm and play will start promptly at 6:30pm.

Huge thanks to Fanny Ann's and Sborel for making this happen!

#3063 8 years ago

Considering trading or selling my TZ to get an AC/DC Premium. I have a special attachment to the TZ since it was the first pin I ever bought but noticed I'm not playing it as often. If you might be interested, please feel free to PM me. Thanks.

#3064 8 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

Tomorrow night we are kicking off a new league in Old Sacramento. The league is being hosted at Fanny Ann's Saloon. Play starts at 6:30pm! More details on the website here: http://powertothepinball.com/oldsac.html
    It's a public location so you can show up any time to warm up, grab a drink, and have some good grub. Sign ups start around 6:00pm and play will start promptly at 6:30pm.
    Huge thanks to Fanny Ann's and Sborel for making this happen!

I have been MIA for a bit but I will DEFINITELY be showing up for this some time very soon.

#3065 8 years ago

Considering selling/trading one or more of the following to make space

Whitewater
    Ice cold beer
    bubbles arcade

#3066 8 years ago
    Quoted from shaunsquid:

I have been MIA for a bit but I will DEFINITELY be showing up for this some time very soon.

Ya we only had four show up. Lets get some more players next time. Word of advice try to show up right at 6pm. That way you can feed the meeter 2$ to put at the 8 o'clock hour when the meters are free. That way you don't have to keep feeding and won't risk a 40$ parking tix. cant wait for KISS to drop at Fanny's.

#3067 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Ya we only had four show up. Lets get some more players next time. Word of advice try to show up right at 6pm. That way you can feed the meeter 2$ to put at the 8 o'clock hour when the meters are free. That way you don't have to keep feeding and won't risk a 40$ parking tix. cant wait for KISS to drop at Fanny's.

REALLY hoping to make this sometime, when life gets more settled.

#3068 8 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Whitewater
    Ice cold beer
    bubbles arcade

I'm PMing you now. Definitely interested in Bubbles, and maybe Whitewater.

#3069 8 years ago

Just a reminder to those that may have had fun at fanny anns or solano league last night, Lodi/woodbridge league starts up tomorrow. Doors at 6:30 play starts at 7:30.

If you arent part of the mailing group you can PM me on here to get the address. Should be a good time.

#3070 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

damn work keeps getting in the way of pinball. next week if all goes well I should be there. shaun, you should try and make it too.

#3071 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

damn work keeps getting in the way of pinball. next week if all goes well I should be there. shaun, you should try and make it too.

Come to league at my casa tomorrow Mr. GONE haha.

#3072 8 years ago

Is there any pinball in Napa?
    -mof

#3073 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

I would love to.
    We are off Friday for the holiday so tomorrows work load is doubled.
    I'm going to try to make it.

#3074 8 years ago

Nothing worth playing or in good shape.

#3075 8 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

Whitewater
    Ice cold beer
    bubbles arcade

PM sent on Ice Cold Beer

#3076 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Skunked again as Ralph Parker would say.
    Have fun everyone.

#3077 8 years ago

Great time at Jabbles for League! Good turnout too!

#3078 8 years ago

Great night for first league at the new sanction here in Lodi.

20 people showed up. All the games played through the entire night. Lotr took a bit long but all the groups were done by 9:30 which is respectable.

Thanks for everyone that showed up. Keep coming back. I enjoyed every single one of you that showed up. Great times!

#3079 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Great night for first league at the new sanction here in Lodi.
    20 people showed up. All the games played through the entire night. Lotr took a bit long but all the groups were done by 9:30 which is respectable.
    Thanks for everyone that showed up. Keep coming back. I enjoyed every single one of you that showed up. Great times!

Thanks for hosting! Everything seemed to go smoothly. I'm looking forward to attending regularly!

#3080 8 years ago

Awesome time Jabbles. I will try not to pull that rookie move again from now on

#3081 8 years ago

I updated Fanny Anns Saloon TWD to v1.28 lastnight. I even got to play a few games on SM and TWD. 120m doesn't even get you a high score on SM. TWD continues to be difficult even after a few games, was only able to get 33m.

#3082 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sborel:

I updated Fanny Anns Saloon TWD to v1.28 lastnight. I even got to play a few games on SM and TWD. 120m doesn't even get you a high score on SM. TWD continues to be difficult even after a few games, was only able to get 33m.

Nice I'm heading there now to play a few games.
    Thanks for doing that.

#3083 8 years ago

Kiss machine at Hi-Life is non operational right now. Turned off with shooter rod made so it can't launch balls if was on. Might save someone else the trip.

#3084 8 years ago

Still waiting for my KISS pro for the last few weeks....have been told there are production issues/delays. I see Midwest guys are getting pins.

#3085 8 years ago

I just played another 5 games of KISS tonight at Molotov's in SF.
    Had no game resets. All multi-balls played fine for me.
    This game will be GREAT for operators.
    All the shots are easy-cake. The easiest game to shoot that I've ever played other than perhaps AFM. This will be great for casual players.
    As a collector the lack of challenge of the geometry makes this a lackluster title for me, but I realize that "someday" the rules may make the shot timing interesting for KISS fans.
    -mof

#3086 8 years ago

Yeah the code update fixed the resets. Still some random bugs but it does play fun. Glad to hear you made it out for some location play mof! I'm prob gonna hit up Gestalt to be patriotic and play some Americana before the parties

#3087 8 years ago

I have (finally) posted my Comet after getting it all fixed up!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22253

Let me know if you want to come by and take a look!

IMG_20141207_155738_1.jpgIMG_20141207_155738_1.jpg

#3088 8 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

IMG_20141207_155738_1.jpg

What's that in the '82 cab next to it?
    -mof

#3090 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

What's that in the '82 cab next to it?
    -mof

WIP hyperball

#3091 8 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

IMG_20141207_155738_1.jpg

Can't speak for the game itself as I haven't played it, but I will vouch 100% for blobfishxl. Great guy, I would deal with confidence.

#3092 8 years ago

I may have a line on two old gottliebs.

a card wiz em and a charlies angels ss

a client has them and wants to get rid of them. the kids are grown and no one plays them.

depending on condition, what's a fair price to offer?

#3093 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I may have a line on two old gottliebs.
    a card wiz em and a charlies angels ss
    a client has them and wants to get rid of them. the kids are grown and no one plays them.
    depending on condition, what's a fair price to offer?

Tough one to say, I have almost no frame of reference, but you should grab that card wiz! Awesome game!

#3094 8 years ago

Card whiz is #27 in ems. No prices though. Figures 4-800 depending on condition of it works.

Charlie's angels: who knows? 4-600?

Iamnan had one at one time, maybe he can weigh in on price

#3095 8 years ago

Im so stoked, I just picked up an Atlantis this weekend. Cant wait to start restoring it.

IMG_6059.jpgIMG_6059.jpg

#3096 8 years ago

That non-working hyperball now works electronically 100%! Fixing pinball is way more elating than playing them so far for me. Problem ended up being a bad PIA that I replaced with a PIA that was also bad. Third one worked! Always socket your chip replacements!

#3097 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Card whiz is #27 in ems. No prices though. Figures 4-800 depending on condition of it works.
    Charlie's angels: who knows? 4-600?
    Iamnan had one at one time, maybe he can weigh in on price

The Charlie's Angels was actually my brothers, and he got it for free. So I'm not really sure. I would agree 4-600 depending on condition.

#3098 8 years ago

More pinball league is happening tomorrow at Fanny Ann's Saloon! Come on out and get some good food and have a good time playing pinball with us. Sign ups start at 6:00 and play begins around 6:30-7:00. The $5 league fee includes the coin drop for the four games of league play.

#3099 8 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

More pinball league is happening tomorrow at Fanny Ann's Saloon! Come on out and get some good food and have a good time playing pinball with us. Sign ups start at 6:00 and play begins around 6:30-7:00. The $5 league fee includes the coin drop for the four games of league play.

Hey I may try to come out. Can I invite a friend to come play at this event?

Dylan

#3100 8 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

Hey I may try to come out. Can I invite a friend to come play at this event?
    Dylan

Yes, that's the idea of a public venue league play. Pins are clean and ready(serviced them sunday).

There are 8,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.