Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 168.
    #2801 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

If you want a challenge, you can help get my Funhouse out of my grandmas basement when the time comes. 6' ceiling, and we gotta lift it over a shuffleboard table

I'll take the challenge! - it's coming to my place, right?

A 6' ceiling doesn't sound too comfortable. I'm 6' even, and not sure if this would be trouble walking or not (obviously it would be a little claustrophobic) Playing pinball or relaxing on a couch would be fine. It sounds like a cool mancave with a shuffleboard in it other than the ceiling.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

That video is oddly enthralling. I dont know what the point of it is, but oddly enthralling.

He is not a man of many words but I believe the point is how tempered glass breaks. It's extremely resistant of direct impacts (upset person smacking glass), but the corners are the week points.

#2802 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I'll take the challenge! - it's coming to my place, right?
    A 6' ceiling doesn't sound too comfortable. I'm 6' even, and not sure if this would be trouble walking or not (obviously it would be a little claustrophobic) Playing pinball or relaxing on a couch would be fine. It sounds like a cool mancave with a shuffleboard in it other than the ceiling.

He is not a man of many words but I believe the point is how tempered glass breaks. It's extremely resistant of direct impacts (upset person smacking glass), but the corners are the week points.

I am 6'1", and stand between the beams. I had to find shorter legs to even get the game to fit.

Story: way back when my mom was a kid, my grandparents bought one of the big ol Victorians in mid town sac. Grandfather decided he did t want his kids running around that area, so he talked with a friend in the Coinop/bar business, and bought a bunch of stuff: shuffleboard and em scorer for it (both still there) a pol table that was over 100 years old when they bought it (still down there, believed to have been made in 1850), 4-5 pinballs (all gone), a big ball bowler (gone, but happened when I was maybe 10 years old), and a pitch and bat and a shooting gallery (both still down there). All were purchased sometime between 1955-1966 (not all bought at once). Over the years when they broke they got thrown away (years before the Internet made repair and parts sourcing relatively easy). Luckily they never tossed the pitch and bat or the shooting gallery. As family got older, us grandkids played with what was left, and now it is great grandkids.

Best part: grandma stil has paperwork for the games that are left. Shooting gallery has been down there since 62, and the pitch and bat since late 66. The pitch and bat has been bullet proof until recently, and the gallery was broken for most of my life until about 3 years ago when I seriously started working on it. But now I don't have time to get over there and really finish it up

#2803 9 years ago

Great story! Hope my great grand kids have similar stories some day.

#2804 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

If you want a challenge, you can help get my funhouse out of my grandmas basement when the time comes. 6' ceiling, and we gotta lift it over a shuffleboard table

If you really need a hand moving, send me a pm when the time comes.

#2805 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

If you really need a hand moving, send me a pm when the time comes.

I probably will, but for the sake of everyone involved will remove the head, possibly the pf as well

#2806 9 years ago

My son is selling his TSPP. Any Norcal interest? Will deliver locally (no steps!)

Please feel free to offer guidance on price re: condition and location. It has been played and commented on by BAPA members(see link):

Here is the Market link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18471

Thanks - HJB

#2807 9 years ago

X-men pro forsale price reduced now includes vid of pin.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-xmen-forsale

#2808 9 years ago

Had some good times last night! Dropped Diner back off at Pinwillies and got to see the AMAZING job he did on TOM. He is doing some seriously nice restore work. Also got to see skillshot which is always fun, and got to meet Anubis2night.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-271.jpgimage-271.jpg image-63.jpgimage-63.jpg
    #2809 9 years ago

Pics don't even do it justice, this man knows how to LED a game. Not nearly as bright purple, it's perfect and the way the grays glow it's like they are luminescent, like a black light.

#2810 9 years ago

that was fun got me itching for PAGG now. that TOM is soooo nice.

#2811 9 years ago

Willie does awesome work. PAGG is upon us. Can't wait to hang with the fellas

#2812 9 years ago

Willie does fantastic work and just a great guy! cant wait to see him and the rest of you pinheads at pagg.
    Harley D.

#2813 9 years ago

That pin looked amazing. I really enjoyed his used of leds. Nothing too distracting. Great set up too for work.

Thanks again to Willie for the invite and great to meet skill_shot and practicalsteve.

Next time I'll bring beers

#2814 9 years ago

Anyone in Nor Cal into slot machines? I have a pirate themed one full of "quarter" sized tokens

[380582 caption="image.jpg"]

If anyone is interested I can try and swing a trip up North and bring it with me

#2815 9 years ago

nice comments guys, TY
    But seriously, what I'm doing is inspired by what many people are doing in this hobby and on here.
    TOM will be going to a new home and wont be making it to PAGG, unless D.A. wants to bring it
    Up next in queue is Jims TAF
    Steve thanks for delivering Diner back to me
    Skilly, Always fun having you around
    anubis, nice to meet you bro, ill come check out that metallica soon
    See you all at PAGG

#2816 9 years ago

Going to Santa Cruz next week for a few days, whats that big arcade like now? I think I recall someone saying all the pins are gone? Do they still have that light gun shooting gallery?

#2817 9 years ago

Going to Santa Cruz next week for a few days, whats that big arcade like now? I think I recall someone saying all the pins are gone? Do they still have that light gun shooting gallery?

It's been about a year, so maybe they're all gone, but last time I was there, machines in the big arcade, a couple next to the mini golf, 4 or 5 in the pool area above the mini golf, and a few across the street in the bowling alley. All in poor shape.

#2818 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

It's been about a year, so maybe they're all gone, but last time I was there, machines in the big arcade, a couple next to the mini golf, 4 or 5 in the pool area above the mini golf, and a few across the street in the bowling alley. All in poor shape.

A bummer, but not surprising.

#2819 9 years ago

A bummer, but not surprising.

They were decent titles, though: Tron, ACDC, LOTR, TSPP, Sopranos, SWE1, CSI, SM, POTC, TAF, Monopoly T3, Elvis, Hurricane...off the top of my head.

#2820 9 years ago

I was at Neptune's Arcade today. There are still pins upstairs, it'd be a good number of pretty good titles, if they were working better. I can say, I go here pretty often, at least once a month. I go for Tron. It always seems to be working. Plus I love Tron.

PS, no more tokens, you load a card.

#2821 9 years ago

I just listed my POTC for trade:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18602

I'm mainly interested in trades for AC/DC or ToM.

#2822 9 years ago

I heard from a buddy that they have a twd in pretty good shape, if you're going down there maybe all of us Santa Cruz guys could do a mini hang out before pagg

#2823 9 years ago

It's been a while since I updated about the Hyperball. I have it working electronically now, except for still no sound. The stuff that I did that had an impact included changing the Bridge Rectifiers, changing male and female 40 pin interconnects, re-pinning a connector and re-socketing the roms. I also did a bunch of stuff that didn't have in impact, including rebuilding the entire reset circuit . I have changed the CPU and the PIA on the soundboard and resocketed the rom and it still doesn't work (even with test rom) so I now suspect the 6810 ram. Mechanically is seems to work pretty well. Random switches work, shooter works. The thing that doesn't work is the ball auger, but I am hopeful it will stop jamming if I clean it good.

#2824 9 years ago

I was at the boardwalk's main arcade a few months back. The machines were in bad need of maintenance. Weak flippers, broken sensors in scoops. Eventually ball seek would get you going again..

#2825 9 years ago

Shuffles magical ice cream shop in Santa Rosa now has pinball games. Roadshow and Funhouse,(owner picked) hopefully more in the future.

#2826 9 years ago

Anyone in the Concord area have a used Alltek Ultimate MPU board I can borrow/rent/buy? I sent my MPU for repair and it won't be back until End of April. I'd like to play my Embryon if possible.

Thanks,

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#2827 9 years ago

Anyone have a system 11 project pin for sale or trade? Ive been wanting to get into my first project pin and general consensus seems to be to make that a system 11, looking for anything from player to project

#2828 9 years ago

Check out my marketplace ad for my Spider-Man. It's a peach!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18677

I'd love to see it go to someone local. Price is fairly negotiable.

#2829 9 years ago
    Quoted from Damon:

I heard from a buddy that they have a twd in pretty good shape, if you're going down there maybe all of us Santa Cruz guys could do a mini hang out before pagg

I would love to, but I am coming down with family and wont really have any free time other than maybe slipping away for an hour to check the pins out at the boardwalk, and after those reports I may not bother. Hope to see you all at PAGG though!

#2830 9 years ago

I have an Alltek board you can borrow Rob, come by and get it.

Steve

Quoted from MrBellMan:

Anyone in the Concord area have a used Alltek Ultimate MPU board I can borrow/rent/buy? I sent my MPU for repair and it won't be back until End of April. I'd like to play my Embryon if possible.
    Thanks,
    Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#2831 9 years ago

Just sent you a message Steve. Call me. Thanks!

Rob

#2832 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I have an Alltek board you can borrow Rob, come by and get it.
    Steve

This guy! We need more guys like this not just in the hobby, but also in the world.

#2833 9 years ago

Steve and Cliffy were the first two people I met with when I first got into pinball back in 1999. Not a shabby duo if I say so myself!!! Both are outstanding gentlemen and showed me the ropes of this hobby.

#2834 9 years ago
    Quoted from Damon:

Anyone have a system 11 project pin for sale or trade? Ive been wanting to get into my first project pin and general consensus seems to be to make that a system 11, looking for anything from player to project

I have a comet that has some mysterious issues.

#2835 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I have a comet that has some mysterious issues.

Meant to comment the other day, hope cleaning the ball auger on your hyperball fixes it wish I knew anything about how to work on that game to give advice.

#2836 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Steve and Cliffy were the first two people I met with when I first got into pinball back in 1999. Not a shabby duo if I say so myself!!! Both are outstanding gentlemen and showed me the ropes of this hobby.

Steve is a jerk. He has way too many fun games that he graciously let me play on more than one occasion.

Because of him, I had to hunt down 2 system 80a games, and keep the damn things working.

Don't visit him unless you want to be introduced to a handful of games that you will want to own.

#2837 9 years ago

I've been working on the pinball lineup at Scandia in Fairfield over the past 6 months. Taking them from 2 pins (Nascar & Avengers) to 7 pins (added Scared Stiff, Cirqus Voltaire, Ironman VE, NBA Fastbreak, Revenge From Mars) and keeping up on the maintenance. I'm there Mondays and Fridays. I know many people gave up on their pins a long time ago. Time to put it back on the destination list.

Pins are loud enough to hear them, and have longer ball savers (than factory settings). Just a head's up that they're all set to auto-launch after 60 seconds of inactivity. If someone is interested in running a tournament there, PM me.

-TJ

11081445_10204534558218901_5618877774729696423_n.jpg11081445_10204534558218901_5618877774729696423_n.jpg
    #2838 9 years ago

Nice work TJ.

#2839 9 years ago

TJ does a great job and has resurrected Scandia! Thanks bro
    Harley D.

#2840 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Steve and Cliffy were the first two people I met with when I first got into pinball back in 1999. Not a shabby duo if I say so myself!!! Both are outstanding gentlemen and showed me the ropes of this hobby

What about Bob?

#2842 9 years ago

That's it I'm gonna have to visit that Scandia

#2843 9 years ago

I'm hosting an Easter egg hunt/pinball tournament at Hi-Life Pizza (400 15th Street) in downtown this Sunday, April 5th. Entry fee is $20 and start time is 1pm.

Players will collect Easter eggs hidden around Hi-Life and find their tournament matches inside. When all the egg matches are completed, the twelve players who have won the most matches will advance to open playoffs. There will also be B division playoffs for the top eight players who didn't make open playoffs and who have a world pinball player ranking no better than 1000. We'll have awards and cash prizes for 1st-4th in each division. This event will award WPPR points.

Participation in the tournament is limited to 40 players, and pre-registration is required for anyone who wants to play. Get more details about the venue and format here, or click here to register for the tournament. At this point, there are 12 spots open.

#2844 9 years ago

FYI Phoenix Games in concord is in a new location and it is a huge upgrade. They have room for the owner's whole collection to be playable by the public. Their current roster:

Godzilla
    World Cup Soccer '94
    Walking dead pro
    Wheel of Fortune
    Sega star wars
    Scared stiff
    Frankenstein
    Tales from the crypt
    Mousing around
    Twilight Zone
    Funhouse
    Championship pub

There are like 10 golden ages vids too. They have room for more as well. New location is a block down Clayton next to IHoP

#2845 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

FYI Phoenix Games in concord is in a new location and it is a huge upgrade. They have room for the owner's whole collection to be playable by the public. Their current roster:
    Godzilla
    World Cup Soccer '94
    Walking dead pro
    Wheel of Fortune
    Sega star wars
    Scared stiff
    Frankenstein
    Tales from the crypt
    Mousing around
    Twilight Zone
    Funhouse
    Championship pub
    There like 10 golden ages vids too. They have room for more as well. New location is a block down Clanton next to IHoP

Dont forget Metallica LE!

#2846 9 years ago

Didn't see Metallica on the floor today.

#2847 9 years ago

Where is the new location for Phoenix Games?

#2848 9 years ago

4607 Clayton Rd.

#2849 9 years ago

Ooh, will have to try and check that out. Want to try WD and CP.

#2850 9 years ago
    Quoted from PWhiz:

Ooh, will have to try and check that out. Want to try WD and CP.

It's in my neck of the woods Keith (this is Pete by the way). Phoenix games is an awesome spot that now has an expanding line up of pins that was awesome to begin with. If you do come down let me know I'll try to head over there as well.

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.