Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,387 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Jecco74
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pixelcut-export-1713510013302 (resized).png
    Concord Open 2024~2 (resized).jpg
    types-of-pfd-1_1000x (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    20240412_093502 (resized).jpg
    20240404_162405 (resized).jpg
    2845819C-043E-417B-B5A2-93291B71F359 (resized).jpeg
    20240402_141109 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141114 (resized).jpg
    20240402_141118 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 168.
    #2701 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Who do people buy NIB Sterns from on the west coast?

Michael Pupo - Flipper Fidelity

#2702 9 years ago

I second Gio at Pinball Refinery.

#2703 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I always buy from....oh wait, dang...errr...someday I will prolly buy from Pinball Refinery. Just gotta win the lottery first or raid my kids college funds.

#2704 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

I always buy from....oh wait, dang...errr...someday I will prolly buy from Pinball Refinery. Just gotta win the lottery first or raid my kids college funds.

I though your kids were going to Sandwich University?

#2705 9 years ago

Any specific reason people go with their choice of company?

Price
    Better shipping
    Customer service
    Extras
    Something I can't think of

#2706 9 years ago
    Quoted from anubis2night:

Any specific reason people go with their choice of company?
    Price
    Better shipping
    Customer service
    Extras
    Something I can't think of

I tend to go with best service. I've burnt in the past by a party that is generally the cheapest option so it makes me weary of just going off that.

#2707 9 years ago

Ah thanks, this is the kind of stuff to know when your new to the whole nib shopping

#2708 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Pinball Refinery in Templeton .. Zdoor on Pinside (Giovanni)

#2709 9 years ago

Gio. Stand up guy. Professional all the way.

#2710 9 years ago

I don't have a target in mind, but if they really do a Game of Thrones pin I may need to have a conversation with the wife...

#2711 9 years ago
    Quoted from micro:

Trent with Tilt Amusements
    game exchange in CO
    maybe others...

I'll second Trent. Have purchased 2 from him, plus MMR on the way someday. Will definitely buy from him again.

#2712 9 years ago

Has anyone found a powder coating service, preferably in Greater Sacramento, that they recommend?

#2713 9 years ago

Anyone going to join in on the feeding frenzy at the c/l sale/ silent auction on wed?
    2,000 for a tspp or potc.
    2,100 for spiderman.

#2714 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Anyone going to join in on the feeding frenzy at the c/l sale/ silent auction on wed?
    2,100 for spiderman.

Huh?

#2715 9 years ago

Spencer, shhhhhhh. There goes my low ball offers, dang, LOL.

I was thinking of trying, but get the feeling the prices will be about normal due to exposure.

#2716 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

Has anyone found a powder coating service, preferably in Greater Sacramento, that they recommend?

Or anywhere in the Bay Area for that matter?

#2717 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I got my bike powder coated at West Coast Powdercoating who was highly recommended by the guy who built my first bike and they did nice work. Not sure how it applies for pinball stuff vs a bicycle, but they had all sorts of stuff laying around they had done and I am very happy with my bike.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-coast-powder-coating-south-san-francisco

#2718 9 years ago

Are the pins at high life all on credit card readers now? Heard something about that.

#2719 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Are the pins at high life all on credit card readers now? Heard something about that.

Hi-Life is still cash. Pins at Legionnaire either are already all on card readers or will be in the very near future.

#2720 9 years ago

Thanks! Too bad they were closed after I paid for parking

#2721 9 years ago

my buddy andrew just told me he had his Theatre of magic legs powder coated gold at some shop I think in turlock. I can ask him for the name.

#2722 9 years ago
    Quoted from Flamethrower:

Hi-Life is still cash. Pins at Legionnaire either are already all on card readers or will be in the very near future.

I heard a lot of the Oakland pins have been getting broken into lately. You've gotta be pretty stupid to risk jail time for what, $20-$30-$50? I get the need for credit card readers, but it's a sad day when you need a credit card to play some pinball.

#2723 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I got my bike powder coated at West Coast Powdercoating who was highly recommended by the guy who built my first bike and they did nice work. Not sure how it applies for pinball stuff vs a bicycle, but they had all sorts of stuff laying around they had done and I am very happy with my bike.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-coast-powder-coating-south-san-francisco

Thanks for info much appreciated.

Quoted from Mrbill:

my buddy andrew just told me he had his Theatre of magic legs powder coated gold at some shop I think in turlock. I can ask him for the name.

Sure wouldn't hurt to know the name of the place. Thanks for the reply!

#2724 9 years ago

Re: legionaire is that legionaire saloon? Love that place (the only place around with a totan. but pricey

Powder coating there used to be a place in Rhonert Park that did powder coating we used to send all sorts of signs and posts there for coating. Also you may want to ask around with the coke restoration places to see who they use or hot rods shops

#2725 9 years ago

Re: legionaire is that legionaire saloon? Love that place (the only place around with a totan. but pricey
    Powder coating there used to be a place in Rhonert Park that did powder coating we used to send all sorts of signs and posts there for coating. Also you may want to ask around with the coke restoration places to see who they use or hot rods shops

His games may be priced a little higher than the usual, but his attention to them and maintanace is top notch. Last time I was there they had a MB with the color DMD, where else are you going to find that on route?!?

#2726 9 years ago

His games may be priced a little higher than the usual, but his attention to them and maintanace is top notch. Last time I was there they had a MB with the color DMD, where else are you going to find that on route?!?

Yes TJ is the best OP and takes great care of his machines. It's still cheap to play pinball on location and compared the the LED'd out machines that Rainbow now prices at $1/play in SF it's a good deal. Support location pinball

#2727 9 years ago

Yeah MB is color dmd as is totan both look great (haven't played MET there yet)

#2728 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I heard a lot of the Oakland pins have been getting broken into lately. You've gotta be pretty stupid to risk jail time for what, $20-$30-$50? I get the need for credit card readers, but it's a sad day when you need a credit card to play some pinball.

Unfortunately under Proposition 47 this sort of crime would likely result in a citation with no arrest or jail time. Shoplifting items under $900 doesn't even result in an arrest from what I understand and have seen on the news. "Petty" crimes are definitely on the rise in our area and probably all around the state. It's only petty when you're not the victim.

I'm okay with credit card readers, but when will they start attaching card skimmers to those too? I guess I shouldn't worry since Target, Home Depot and Anthem Blue Cross already gave up my personal info in various "highly sophisticated" data breaches.

Sorry to be a downer, I just can't stand f'ing thieves and vandals.

#2729 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

Unfortunately under Proposition 47 this sort of crime would likely result in a citation with no arrest or jail time. Shoplifting items under $900 doesn't even result in an arrest from what I understand and have seen on the news. "Petty" crimes are definitely on the rise in our area and probably all around the state. It's only petty when you're not the victim.
    I'm okay with credit card readers, but when will they start attaching card skimmers to those too? I guess I shouldn't worry since Target, Home Depot and Anthem Blue Cross already gave up my personal info in various "highly sophisticated" data breaches.
    Sorry to be a downer, I just can't stand f'ing thieves and vandals.

Amen, brother. Scum of the Earth.

#2730 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Yes TJ is the best OP and takes great care of his machines. It's still cheap to play pinball on location and compared the the LED'd out machines that Rainbow now prices at $1/play in SF it's a good deal. Support location pinball

Aww, thanks. A rare visit to pinside and this is what I see?

Happy to give back to local tournaments with the pinball coupons, and bringing obscure games to the bay area pinball landscape.

A note on the credit card thing - Legionnaire is the only location that's getting them for now, as a test location. 3 pricing options are $1, 3/$2 and "hourly" -- trying to figure out an hourly pricing structure for more casual players. Obviously not a good deal for expert players. Not many places have an "all you can play" option on newer pins, this would make for a great practice session for novice players. Here's a prototype of the card reader coin(less) door. Install of the finished product on all 3 pins there should be within the next week.

And a plug for the TOPS tournament on AC/DC at Hi Life. Pot started at $100, top 5 paid, runs through 4/12/15 11:59pm.

20150222_183543.jpg20150222_183543.jpg

#2731 9 years ago

I'd be interested in hourly for totan it's the only one on route in the bay area and we sometimes travel from Santa rosa to play it so putting some time on it would be beneficial for us

#2732 9 years ago
    Quoted from tjbeyer:

Aww, thanks. A rare visit to pinside and this is what I see?

Its like a sasquatch sighting! Thanks for all of the great games you put out on location TJ. Been trying to get over to HiLife for weeks now to play Swords Of Fury, went yesterday and they were closed. Dont pull it out yet!

#2733 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

+1, tj is a super nice guy and his generous ball saves make playing on location slightly more affordable for noobs like me

#2734 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

2,100 for spiderman.

For anyone that goes to this please post the prices everything actually sells for. I feel like they under priced everything on purpose to draw a crowd and start a bid war

#2735 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

For anyone that goes to this please post the prices everything actually sells for. I feel like they under priced everything on purpose to draw a crowd and start a bid war

I was told pirates went $3050, simpsons $3500+, and Spider-Man $3800+ Plus tax. I hear that the pins looked hammered..

#2736 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

I was told pirates went $3050, simpsons $3500+, and Spider-Man $3800+ Plus tax. I hear that the pins looked hammered..

Pretty much what I would have guessed, hardly deals at all.

#2737 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

Yeah a student told me that the SM that someone paid over 4K for was there for four years and got very heavy use. No deal there that's for sure. I was pretty sure after seeing mrgone's post that no great deals would be had at that auction.

#2738 9 years ago

Yeah a student told me that the SM that someone paid over 4K for was there for four years and got very heavy use. No deal there that's for sure. I was pretty sure after seeing mrgone's post that no great deals would be had at that auction.

Don't shoot the messenger, it was all over Craigslist.
    I can't fathom anyone in our community paying that much for a blown out spiderman.

#2739 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Don't shoot the messenger, it was all over Craigslist.
    I can't fathom anyone in our community paying that much for a blown out spiderman.

Did someone say Fathom? Where? I'll take it.

#2740 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Did someone say Fathom? Where? I'll take it.

See what I did there?

#2741 9 years ago

Pretty much what I would have guessed, hardly deals at all.

Ya not worth it at all. Glad I stayed home. I went out last week to check the games out. SM had wear at the pops to the wood, needed new ramps and plastics. POTC was probably the best of the bunch, so at 3k probably the only "deal" out of the three.

#2742 9 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Ya not worth it at all. Glad I stayed home. I went out last week to check the games out. SM had wear at the pops to the wood, needed new ramps and plastics. POTC was probably the best of the bunch, so at 3k probably the only "deal" out of the three.

I was interested in a bunch of the arcades for sale for my route I am putting together. I found out about the ad this morning (3-4) at 8:30am and the games went on sell at 9. I knew I didn't stand a chance. I saw they were open from 9-1 so at 12:30 I called and asked what was left, cause if some decent stuff was still there I would have made a early morning trip. I was told at 12:30 every single arcade piece had been sold.

#2743 9 years ago

I'm hosting a women's tournament on Saturday at Scarlet City Espresso Bar in Emeryville. $10 entry fee, 2pm start time. Format is three hours of head to head match play followed by playoffs for the top 8. Awards to first-third, plus the highest placing novice player (world ranking no better than 2000) and first time tournament player.

More information at Hella Heart Pinball.

#2744 9 years ago

I'd be interested in hourly for totan it's the only one on route in the bay area and we sometimes travel from Santa rosa to play it so putting some time on it would be beneficial for us

Legionnaire's card readers are installed and active now on their 3 pins (Metallica, MB, TOTAN)
    (+) and (-) buttons change pricing options. (1HR) button chooses the hourly option. (x) cancels.
    During the hourly play option, any button on the card reader will add a credit to the game.
    $1.00 = 1 credit
    $1.50 = 2 credits
    $2.00 = 3 credits
    $2.50 = 4 credits
    $15.00 = 1 hour

I'm interested in feedback (Public or PM) about the interface from people that actually use it. This is a product that's currently in development, so there's still a lot that may change in the future based on user feedback.

And before I get complaints about $1/game, Metallica was $1/game before, and actually got less expensive with the 4 for $2.50 option (previously, 4 games was $3.00).

#2745 9 years ago
    Quoted from tjbeyer:

Legionnaire's card readers are installed and active now on their 3 pins (Metallica, MB, TOTAN)
    (+) and (-) buttons change pricing options. (1HR) button chooses the hourly option. (x) cancels.
    During the hourly play option, any button on the card reader will add a credit to the game.
    $1.00 = 1 credit
    $1.50 = 2 credits
    $2.00 = 3 credits
    $2.50 = 4 credits
    $15.00 = 1 hour
    I'm interested in feedback (Public or PM) about the interface from people that actually use it. This is a product that's currently in development, so there's still a lot that may change in the future based on user feedback.
    And before I get complaints about $1/game, Metallica was $1/game before, and actually got less expensive with the 4 for $2.50 option (previously, 4 games was $3.00).

I don't understand the $15.00 price. Can you say more about what that is aimed at? Is the goal to park a person on 1 machine for 1 hour? Confused.
    -mof

#2746 9 years ago

personally, for me here's my view on the hour idea:

I'm driving at least an hour away to com eplay this machine (TOTAN specifically) now I'm not that great with it yet, heck, at an hour drive to come play it I can't get there too often to invest the time needed to dial it in playwise. factor in that I will be traveling with a buddy or my wife and I'll be playing two player. So we'll be there for at least an hour, the last thing I want to do is throw quarters into the machine then walk back over to the coin dispenser by the front entrance and get more quarters (I lost $ .75 last time into the trach can that sits directly under the coin tray) then you have to factor in the odds of a machine eating a quarter or a few (I lost another $ .75 on MB, sorry im the guy that got those quarter stuck in there) so having the ability to play for time is a great option, I'm not worried about losing balls to try and get shots down and can practice accordingly, whereas with paying per game I may eat through several games just to get some shots down.

Now that being said, I can easily see not doing that with MB as I have most of those shots down and can last quite some time on a game so paying by the hour wouldn't be worth it for me on that title.

At any rate Im just happy there's this variety there and in great shape. Love em. gotta plan a trip there for some ramen and pinball

#2747 9 years ago

What about if other people want to get a game in?
    -mof

#2748 9 years ago

So you can play doubles for an hour? An hour seems like a long time. Perhaps 1/2 hour pricing?

#2749 9 years ago

True though personally if I see someone wanting to play I'll offer to play with them, or let them take a game and play a few of MB.

#2750 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I don't understand the $15.00 price. Can you say more about what that is aimed at? Is the goal to park a person on 1 machine for 1 hour? Confused.
    -mof

Good for operator's take. Not good for someone waiting to play.

There are 8,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 168.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.