Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,345 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.19.02?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 4.21.41?PM (resized).png
    20240301_182607 (resized).jpg
    GameOn - 1 (resized).jpeg
    20240227_221559 (resized).jpg
    games (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240225_215100_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20240223_215856 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg
    10 (resized).jpg
    9 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    20240215_220821 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 167.
    #2351 9 years ago

I chose a gauntlet cab for mine as I wanted 4 players. Player 1 and 2 have a SF layout but with a seventh button to match the SNK layout better. It is actually a second 4th button. Put a Golden Tee size track ball right in the middle, but I wish I had put a centipede size. Mine has a real medium res monitor running off the ArcadeVGA card that Ultimarc makes. You could come take a look if you want!

#2352 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I chose a gauntlet cab for mine as I wanted 4 players. Player 1 and 2 have a SF layout but with a seventh button to match the SNK layout better. It is actually a second 4th button. Put a Golden Tee size track ball right in the middle, but I wish I had put a centipede size. Mine has a real medium res monitor running off the ArcadeVGA card that Ultimarc makes. You could come take a look if you want!

I may take you up on that after the holidays!

#2353 9 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I have been looking for a Double Dragon cab working or not for months. Ive placed ads on Cl, klov and here reached out to all kinds of collectors and came up with nada. Maybe you just know the right collectors bro! Send them my way

I have a rough project DD in my garage, but unfortunately, I want to keep it.

I knew of three very nice ones being sold in the last two years. Yet no one seemed to want them. They were getting to the point where they couldn't be given away, which is a shame. They were nice.

I'll ask a friend who was selling one last year if he still has it.

#2354 9 years ago

So who is going to the PPM party for NYE? (Or PPMPNYE for short?)

#2355 9 years ago

Where's that (any link)

#2358 9 years ago

Who is thinking about going to Arcade Expo from the Bay Area?

http://www.arcadeexpo.com/collection/

-mof

#2359 9 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I have been looking for a Double Dragon cab working or not for months. Ive placed ads on Cl, klov and here reached out to all kinds of collectors and came up with nada. Maybe you just know the right collectors bro! Send them my way

As I feared...the one collector who was selling a couple of them about a year ago doesn't have any left.

If I hear of one, I'll try to remember this thread and mention it. Otherwise, stay patient and put the feelers out. When we come close to CAX (like a month or two before?), try tossing a post up on KLOV mentioning you're looking for a DD and you're heading to the show. It's that time of year where everyone goes out to their garage/storage to get vids ready for the show and start noting how much stuff we've hoarded that we don't need. You may get a hit.

Like I said, this game is not rare and I've seen really nice restorations of it sit on the market for a bit.

Pro tip: Dedicated Double Dragon came in a Taito cabinet like the one below (cool little JAMMA cabs with a drawer on the bottom for the PCB). There were a couple of games that also used this cabinet. There's also a variant that has a more red design to the side art (I've never seen a DD in that one). Worse comes to worst, find a game running in the cabinet in the picture and piece together the PCB/artwork/control panel. It's more work, but if you really want a Double Dragon...

DDTaitoCab.jpgDDTaitoCab.jpg

Good luck!

#2360 9 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

I have a rough project DD in my garage, but unfortunately, I want to keep it.
    I knew of three very nice ones being sold in the last two years. Yet no one seemed to want them. They were getting to the point where they couldn't be given away, which is a shame. They were nice.
    I'll ask a friend who was selling one last year if he still has it.

Thanks bro, I really appreciate any help. This is for my son and I. I want to pass on how to do restores not only on pins but his favorite Arcade game.

#2361 9 years ago

I will be at CAX mof.

#2362 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

I will be at CAX mof.

Me too but I'm down in LA.

#2363 9 years ago

Merry Christmas Eve my pinball friends!

Just listed my High Speed for sale last night:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-high-speed-in-norcal

Cheers

#2364 9 years ago

I have a HS2(formerly jabbles and xscrapiron, sorry for any misspellings guys) for trade. Diamond plate playfield (maybe all HS2's were?)

I believe it has leds throughout, it has cliffys ( and mountain mod?). I just put leg protectors on it and new pinballs. Cab has some damage from the legs,but it is covered by the leg/cab protectors. I had never played this game but love original HS and heard this was better. It 's the nostalgia of hs that I like so this one is available.

Looking for:
    Rocky and bulwinkle or High Speed cash considerations negotiated. I am not looking to trade up at this point. (Low on cash, that's why I traded down to this. Momma needed a new van). I can take pics.

#2365 9 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

I have a HS2(formerly jabbles and xscrapiron, sorry for any misspellings guys) for trade. Diamond plate playfield (maybe all HS2's were?)
    I believe it has leds throughout, it has cliffys ( and mountain mod?). I just put leg protectors on it and new pinballs. Cab has some damage from the legs,but it is covered by the leg/cab protectors. I had never played this game but love original HS and heard this was better. It 's the nostalgia of hs that I like so this one is available.
    Looking for:
    Rocky and bulwinkle or High Speed cash considerations negotiated. I am not looking to trade up at this point. (Low on cash, that's why I traded down to this. Momma needed a new van). I can take pics.

Hmm...might be willing to trade for my hs....let me think on this.

#2366 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Hmm...might be willing to trade for my hs....let me think on this.

Dude, I am on vacation time for a week. Swing by and play any day.

#2367 9 years ago

Who is going down south for Arcade Expo in Banning CA? My wife gave me a three day pass and a plane ticket for christmas! Lets hang out, im going solo!

#2368 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Who is going down south for Arcade Expo in Banning CA? My wife gave me a three day pass and a plane ticket for christmas! Lets hang out, im going solo!

Awesome! Make sure to play tx sector when you are there.

#2369 9 years ago

Me ans Mof at least. I'm driving down.

#2370 9 years ago

Who is going down south for Arcade Expo in Banning CA?

I have clearance from work, just have to see if I can get that weekend off from family duties.

#2371 9 years ago

I'm taking my daughters (6 & 12) to the Pacific pinball museum on Saturday January 3rd. Any norcal pinheads wanna meet us there?

#2372 9 years ago
    Quoted from BlobfishXL:

Me ans Mof at least. I'm driving down.

Quoted from pinballholder:

I have clearance from work, just have to see if I can get that weekend off from family duties.

Yeah! Do it! Going to be a blast!

#2373 9 years ago
    Quoted from scasey:

All, there is a new bar in Healdsburg called Scouts Bar. It is located at 111 Plaza St, right across from the park. They have 5 pinball machines: Bride of Pinbot, Taxi, Black Knight 2000, Whirlwind and Cue Ball Wizard. They are all set to free play and they are all playing great. They are open Wednesday through Saturday from 7pm to 2am. Go check them out! This should be added to the Bay Area pinball map too.

Bride of pinbots gone.

The other games are ok though each has a few issues.

#2374 9 years ago

Hello Pinheads & Arcade People...

I know this is a little "off topic" (not pinball related) but I wanted to reach out to you. I'm looking for an upright driving game (Cruis'n Exotica, World or USA / Rush / Off Road / Need for Speed etc). I don't have the space for the full sized sit-down version.

If you know of anyone looking to part with one... let me know.

Thanks!
    Kerry

Nor Cal located / East Bay Area

#2375 9 years ago

answered in the other california thread

#2376 9 years ago

thanks for posting the broadcast, it was great. As for the off topic bickering:

sums_it_up.jpgsums_it_up.jpg
    #2377 9 years ago
    Quoted from anubis2night:

Bride of pinbots gone.
    The other games are ok though each has a few issues.

Have they got anything new at scandia? Last time I was there Metallica was the new game there.

#2378 9 years ago

Didn't see anything beyond wizard of oz, not sure if that was there before Metallica.

#2379 9 years ago

'woz
    was there last time I was. I played a few games on it. It played well.

#2380 9 years ago

Hey guys, I got 3 pieces of used standard glass and 1 piece of widebody from a indy. Free for anyone who needs some.
    Harley D.

#2381 9 years ago

considering expanding my collection, i know alot of you guys closely watch CL... (aside from the FS threads here) what's the trick on finding pins on CL? (do they generally fall within a certain FS sub-category?)

normally i just search the whole damn FS section for "pinball machine" but wasnt sure if i was missing anything.

#2382 9 years ago
    Quoted from arcadenerd925:

considering expanding my collection, i know alot of you guys closely watch CL... (aside from the FS threads here) what's the trick on finding pins on CL? (do they generally fall within a certain FS sub-category?)
    normally i just search the whole damn FS section for "pinball machine" but wasnt sure if i was missing anything.

You need two things scoring a good CL find. Patience and persistence!

#2383 9 years ago

I have the following games I'm looking to sell or trade;

1990 Bally's Pool Sharks pinball
    1990 Mousin Around pinball (maybe / on the fence with this one)
    2004' Incredible Technologies Golden Tee 2K; in dedicated cabinet, 4-player golf game.

I'm interested in 90' Data East Simpsons pinball and upright (not cockpit / sit-down type I don't have the space) driving game, like Cruis'n Exotica, World or USA or Need for Speed (+/- cash) what ever is fair.

Located in Northern Calif (East Bay Area)

#2384 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I have the following games I'm looking to sell or trade;
    1990 Bally's Pool Sharks pinball
    1990 Mousin Around pinball (maybe / on the fence with this one)
    2004' Incredible Technologies Golden Tee 2K; in dedicated cabinet, 4-player golf game.
    I'm interested in 90' Data East Simpsons pinball and upright (not cockpit / sit-down type I don't have the space) driving game, like Cruis'n Exotica, World or USA or Need for Speed (+/- cash) what ever is fair.
    Located in Northern Calif (East Bay Area)

You are selling "Pool Sharks"??

#2385 9 years ago

Daddy-o ... I now have 2 Pool Sharks. So yes, I'll be moving / trading one for another 88-90' pinball. Really interested in 90' Simpsons.

#2386 9 years ago

Looking for a nice Meteor. Let me know if you have one. Thanks.

#2387 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

Looking for a nice Meteor. Let me know if you have one. Thanks.

Where you should set your standards
    IMG_5984(2).JPGIMG_5984(2).JPG

#2389 9 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Where you should set your standards

IMG_5984(2).JPG 288 KB

My standards are high!
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#2390 9 years ago

I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Steve for starting and maintaining the most positive,fun, and drama free thread on pinside.
    Thanks for giving us all a fun interwebs club house to hide out in.

#2391 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Steve for starting and maintaining the most positive,fun, and drama free thread on pinside.
    Thanks for giving us all a fun interwebs club house to hide out in.

Hey thanks! But really I dont do any moderating whatsoever, I think the fact that it has remained virtually drama free is more due to the fact that people in our area are just good folks that all get along and have a common passion for pinball. I am really glad that this thread has remained steady for as long as it has, and its due to people coming in and posting all the time that makes it great.

#2392 9 years ago

Any chance someone is letting go of Shadow? (Bay Area)

#2393 9 years ago
    Quoted from Troutfarm:

My standards are high!

image.jpg 148 KB

Looks like you gotta get rid of that MM - - It's messing up your movie themed lineup.

#2394 9 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Looks like you gotta get rid of that MM - - It's messing up your movie themed lineup.

Hah. Johnny Mnemonic is in the dining room, But feels embarrassed that he is not wearing a chrome outfit.

#2395 9 years ago

Hi Guys, I've listed my Hurricane on the market. If you are interested in a cheap dmd please look here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-hurricane#post-2142766

#2396 9 years ago

Happy New Years my fellow nor cal pinheads! May the new year bring you many new pins!

#2397 9 years ago

Hopefully it will bring me a shadow

#2398 9 years ago

What, are you a groundhog? I don't want a long winter.

Steve

Quoted from anubis2night:

Hopefully it will bring me a Shadow

#2399 9 years ago

^^^Zing!

Happy new year NorCal pinheads!

#2400 9 years ago

Happy new year to all the nor cal gang.

There are 8,345 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 167.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.